collapse

Author Topic: Yo what the hell is up with this NAT issue on Xbox live and PSN?  (Read 662 times)

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Section Moderator
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
sh*t pissin me off man. when i finally get back on xbox live i gotta go through the BS >o:-(?? basically for example if you are on the my friends list or whatever and you send me an invite to join a game i cant because my network settings is now on "Moderate". This is some new recent sh*t that just started happening cuz it wasnt like that before it was a lot more user friendly.

And yall ps3 owners aint safe either. i just got off the phone with my peoples and he was like "You too?? /:O". im like yo but dont you have a PS3? he was like yeh but im still tryin to fix this BS sh*t it JUST started happening man. He said he had to literally keep forcing his way into his friends COD matches till he was with em but of course when he did get to his session at random he was the enemy *Iceman ThumbsDown!*

so yall tell me and put me on to what yall did to fix the issue. I saw two ways to fix it but one didnt work and thats through the modem. doesnt work for everybody i saw

(didnt work for me *Iceman ThumbsDown!*)

and this is the bigger trickier way. honestly i dont know what the hell is going on. that ip adress
n stuff dont make that site pop up with the changes happen. so i dunno i gotta keep tryin another time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbuVgwhVLl8&feature=related#
(this is an example with belkin which i have btw)

But in the mourning im gonna hit xboxlive up on this and ask em wth man :-w. This wasnt like that before. this is somethin new.
so folks! if you see "Moderate" on your COD or Battlefield bad compan 2 or any other game in the lobby for your friends to join, that means ya got issues man and you need to fix it cuz you wont be able to get into games from invites :|

Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline ayumifan

• Initiate
  • Last Login:April 17, 2011, 08:44:18 PM
  • Want to play?
    • newage mugen
    • Email
Re: Yo what the hell is up with this NAT issue on Xbox live and PSN?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 12:37:59 AM »
Man and I'm getting my ps3 back from the repair shop this weekend and now I gotta deal with this bull and the firmware updates I missed lol

-Music Sensation-

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 01:13:19 AM »
Man and I'm getting my ps3 back from the repair shop this weekend and now I gotta deal with this bull and the firmware updates I missed lol

:D smh i feel ya man. im gettin too old for this kinda sh*t now so im kinda tryin my best not to let it get to me as much as i am already annoyed. Ill be calling these clowns in the mourning on this.

But FYI i was talking to my peoples on the phone and pretty much he said this gonna be wide spread in some time. he didnt take it serious until i called and told em what the hell is going on. But he said like last Nov EGM  did mention this NAT situation was going to go down fairly soon and screw up a lot of folks. some folks get hit some folks dont. Even if you dont now it will happen later anyway. apparently thats what happened to me recently :-w. What we all summed up pretty much is this is the start of that BS that certain companies like EA and some others are doing to possibly in the future (near future) have us gamers pay "Extra" cash just to play on their servers online. so do the math. Youre paying for internet. your paying for the console service (xbox users of course). your paying for DLC at times and now the company who made what ever game you playin server?? Not alone the game already you bought cmon man...hell no..smh >o:-(..

But thats our theory on it. so the era of Gaming online is looking Grim. but who knows. But i do know its a real drag to go through all that just to get the NAT open ~X(. they should have made that easier to get to within your consoles 8=|

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Yung Kratos

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 27, 2012, 12:49:15 AM
  • Some mothaf***as always Tryna iceskate uphill
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 12:11:59 PM »
Well theres really nothing that can be helped as far as making the process easier of changing your nat type from a security standpoint. i mean being able to configure your router easily form your xbox would be a huge security risk. as people are already able to do all sorts of nasty things on xbl just from playing with you (stealing ip adresses , getting your account info etc). It may seem like a pain in the a.s.$ to change but its actually quite simple. Its really a matter of finding your routers ip. which is a generic ip that you can just google or if you want to be sure you can go under your start menu in windows type run in the search bar. Type command in the run box and type in ip config in the dos box and from there you should see your default gateway. type that into your browser and your at the web page. from there you could mess with everything you need to. all it is is a matter of taking numbers from one place and putting them in another. It applies for all routers.

That is the video you need to be watching its far more informative than the ones you had posted IMO. and yes ps3 users you could do the same thing or you could put your system in a DMZ.

(click to show/hide)

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 05:21:27 PM »
thanks Kratos on the info man

Ill definitely try this. only thing that pisses me off what ya said: "a huge security risk". ~X( Man im so paranoid of that its a B*tch when ya get a virus or if u get hacked certain things only happened to me in small doses that i overcame. But this here? man why did they have to start this non sense? smh. well im going to try it. with that Run search etc. i have a router that i rarely use. right now i just have a modem. My beef is So what if i didnt have a router? what if i didnt have the bread to get one? so as a customer im partially screwed >o:-( Thankfully im like a Tech sanford n son to a degree and at times i may just by cheap equipment just to have an stash it away until i need it. So im gonna try this a lil later. i was supposed to call Xboxlive and pick their brains on this issue but i was too busy today

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Yung Kratos

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 27, 2012, 12:49:15 AM
  • Some mothaf***as always Tryna iceskate uphill
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, 11:30:16 PM »
well security is the entire basis for the different levels of nat. it basically tells the network what devices are allowed to do what how much band width a device can use etc. its basically your routers way of making absolutely sure that you want that device on your network doing whatever it is your doing.
(click to show/hide)

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2011, 11:43:56 PM »
well security is the entire basis for the different levels of nat. it basically tells the network what devices are allowed to do what how much band width a device can use etc. its basically your routers way of making absolutely sure that you want that device on your network doing whatever it is your doing.

yeh..i get that part for sure already. but my annoyin itch is d@mn if they were going to go hard core with it at least have an automatic update for the game er somethin that usually happens on Psn or 360 every now and then that alerts you when you start the game up after signing in. so that when you do get the update thats dealing with NAT its a cool way of making it easier for folks to change their settings right then and there if they want instead of going through the BS of a router or Hit or miss test connection non sense just to enjoy gameplay with friends more comfortable. Feel me? Folks just wanna pick up and play and no hassle.

eh anyway what can ya do right :-?? Hopefully in time they will fix the issue better cuz not everybody has a router or the money to get one to fix that all the time. and honestly its a real drag to keep testing your connection in xbox live like in those vids to pray your settings chance to open [-O< lol

Thanks again for the tips Kratos ::salute::

HAIL CROM!!

Offline vyn

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 22, 2024, 09:07:01 PM
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2011, 03:36:07 AM »
all i did was set my ps3 IP adress to DMZ in the router back when i wanted less lag and it went from moderate or type2 to open or type 1. Tried that?

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2011, 05:52:38 AM »
all i did was set my ps3 IP adress to DMZ in the router back when i wanted less lag and it went from moderate or type2 to open or type 1. Tried that?

nah i dont know about that and i have a 360 not a ps3. whatever is supposed to be happening with this whole router bit and the stupid password, i keep being denied :-w. I dont whats up with that but i guess i have to talk to a 360 rep or a verizon rep. i have that BS @ss belkin router and im looking up passwords for my model and its always blank on passwords to unlock. There is none. i got that router in 2003 so i dont know maybe thats considered dinosaur sh*t now. it works though if i have a modded system and i wanna transfer games from my pc to the system er somethin but its not working for this situation.

ill have to fallback and figure out what the bullsh*t is.

IN THE MEAN TIME I FEEL LIKE THIS GUY IN THIS BLOG
(As im looking for a clear way to fix my annoying new discouraging issue dealing with gaming which i love i ran into this blog)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 06:09:56 AM by DEMONKAI »

HAIL CROM!!

Offline BigJ

• Contributor
  • Last Login:March 25, 2015, 02:28:49 PM
    • BigJ's Mugen site
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2011, 08:18:57 PM »
This used to happen to me too. What I wound up doing was updating my router and that fixed it. I'm using Netgear.

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2011, 09:39:32 PM »
This used to happen to me too. What I wound up doing was updating my router and that fixed it. I'm using Netgear.

damn i gotta get a net gear man. this belkin type from 2003 i have is like dino sh*t i guess. a just hate spendin EXTRA money for more crap just to fix one retarded issue smh. it looks like im gonna have to give in though :(

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2011, 10:02:32 PM »
lawd now i am wondering when i get my net on my 360 all the issues that is comin with just having connection probleme.  :(
well imma have to be like you kai and peeps and shell out the good $$ for a good rounter. [-O<

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2011, 11:25:39 PM »
lawd now i am wondering when i get my net on my 360 all the issues that is comin with just having connection probleme.  :(
well imma have to be like you kai and peeps and shell out the good $$ for a good rounter. [-O<

yeh man get it JUST in case man. Make sure you get Netgear router cuz i keep seeing vids and folks mentioning fixing the issue with it. get an updated one. dont be cheap. im good for that (being cheap) at times but this time i gotta get back to my old habits and stay up with the latest tools, software and gadgets 8=|. it does away with future headaches like this. but yeh man you might get hit and you might not. i never got hit with the NAT till recently. but a few of my friends havent got hit yet.

HAIL CROM!!

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 02, 2024, 09:44:33 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar