collapse

Author Topic: Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition  (Read 2427 times)

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:December 28, 2014, 03:28:33 AM
  • Busy, as always
    • Wikipedia - Sabaki's Page
Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition
« on: November 01, 2010, 04:49:13 PM »
Didn't see a thread made, so I went ahead and made one  ;) . Basically, I've been keeping tabs on the new changes & additions to the new SSFIV: AE that are posted in Capcom of Japan's SFIV site and figured others would be interested. So, I'm providing translations of the info coming from the site and will try to keep them coming in a timely fashion (hopefully a few hours after they are put up online). I will keep the first post updated with all info for easier navigation.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(From the Developer Blog on 10/26/2010)

EXISTING CHARACTER UPDATES #1

Here's the first info released in regards to the tweaks and balancing existing characters will receive. First wave of info's on Ryu, Balrog C. Viper, Cammy, and Guy.

RYU

Developer's Note: In order to make each and every move have a purpose, Ryu's arsenal was reviewed and received slight adjustments

Basic Moves
1) Far Medium Punch can now cancel into Special Moves
2) Crouch Medium Punch has more reach and does more damage. Consider swapping Far Medium Punch for this in combos.
3) Close Middle Kick deals more damage and starts up in 3 frames now
4) Close Heavy Kick gains more active frames when it hits, making it it more useful. (i.e. canceling into Shoryuken from this is now possible)
5) For various areas, revision of attack range, damage, hit pauses, etc where implemented. These tweaks were done to slightly inprove Ryu's gameplay.
6) Crouch Middle Kick has shorter hit duration, but at the same time gets a reduction in frames overall.

Special Basic Attacks
1) Soler Plexus gets a reduction in damage. This will also affect combos that start off with this move.

Special Moves
1) Midair Tatsumaki Senpu Kyaku executed during a jump forward or jump backward will no longer travel very far. This will make it very difficult to use it as a means for escaping to safety, while using it for cross up strategies will be extremely difficult as well.
2) A remedy of cases where Ex Tatsumaki Senpu Kyaku not connecting all hits has been implemented

Overall Impression
Ryu has some weak points as well as strong points. In the long run, he hasn't dropped from the ranking he's analyzed to be in, however he gains new & different options in his gameplay. Players will need to play Ryu and discover his new potentials once more.

BALROG (AKA M. BISON OVERSEAS)

Developer's Note: Some fine tuning was done in Balrog's strong areas

Bsic Moves
1) Overall gets a damage reduction, however....
2) Close Medium punch forces opponents into a standing position when it hits, as well a can cancel into a Special Moves
3) For various areas, revision of attack range, damage, hit pauses, etc where implemented. These tweaks were done to slightly inprove Balrog's gameplay.
4) Far Light punch will no longer hit any character in a crouch position regardless of their size

Special Moves
1) When Buffalo Head misses or is blocked, the recovery time when Balrog lands has been increased, making it easier for his opponent to counter him. Also, damage has slightly been reduced.

Ultra Combo
1) Due to the difficulty of using Dirt Bull, the motion has been changed from 720 motion to 2 half-circle motions

Overall Impression
While Balrog can still do his strong combos like Buffalo Head -> Violent Buffalo, the overall impact of his power gameplay has been reduced abit. Balrog players will need to work a little harder, read their opponents and tag them with a combo 1 extra time in order to seal the deal and win.

C. VIPER

Developer's Note: Being one of the characters who's fighting style was set up completely from the start, only small adjustments were made

Ultra Combo
1) Burning Dance's hit range has been greatly increased. This not only makes it easier to connect with, but more difficult to be hit out of.

Overall Impression
Strategies and combos devised through SSFIV will stay intact with SSFIV: AE due to very little adjustments being implemented.

CAMMY

Developer's Note: Attention was given to her Basic Moves more, since they play a major part in her gameplay.

Basic Moves
1) The hit pause for all Light Punches (minus jumping versions), Close Medium punch, Crouch Medium punch, and Close Heavy punch have all been reduced on her end, making it much easier to link hits to create combos and greatly increase her jump-ins & close pressure games.
2) Far Heavy punch's cancel point as been revised to correct the lag when cancelled into certain Special / Super Moves. Now it is possible to creat combos such as Crouch LP -> Crouch LP -> Far HP -> HSpiral Arrow.
3) For various areas, revision of attack range, damage, hit pauses, etc where implemented. These tweaks were done to slightly inprove Cammy's gameplay.

Special Moves
1) Canon Spike's recoil distance has been shorten, making it easier for opponents to counter attack
2) The height settings from where normal Canon Strike can be done has been increased. Ex version, on the other hand, remains unchanged.

Overall Impression
A bit of tweaking was done to Cammy's Super Moves, changing certain areas greatly regarding her abilities to swarm around her opponents. However, her basic moves have greatly been improved, opening up new strategies for her pressuring combo games.

GUY

Developer's Note: Certain areas that are key to Guy's gameplay have been worked on

Basic Moves
1) While Crouch Light Kick's damage has been reduced, it's startup frames have been changed to 3 frames, allowing it to strike much sooner.
2) Far Middle kick comes out faster, and its hit pause has been reduced, making it more usable for poking (i.e footsies)
3) Far heavy Punch's hit point has been made abit larger, making it useful for poking as well

Special Normals
1) Kubi Kudaki (aka overhead) now hits twice. This now gives it a 50/50 chance of either being useful for new strategies, or leaving him open for a reversal

Special Basic Attacks
1) The timing for executing followup attacks during Ex Haya Gake (aka Run) is now the same as normal Haya Gake. On top of that, Ex Haya Gake's Kage Sukui (aka slide kick) will now be invincible to projectiles, while Kinteishi (aka Run Stop) will have Hyper Armor.

Super Combo
1) Bushin Hasso Ken's damage has been increased. Also, it's been revised so that you can get all hits in when it connects.

Overall Evaluation
This time around, the adjustments implemented were geared to making Guy a stronger character, so he should change people' impressions from his initial version. His gameplay from SSFIV will remain intact.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(From Saikyo Blog on 10/26/2010)

MOBILE CONTENTS OF SSFIV: AE

(Note that while SSFIV: AE could be seeing a (un)official worldwide release, the Mobile Contents, as well as the card system used for the arcade machine & the Mobile Contents site, will most likely be a Japan-only thing, just the same way it was for the arcade version of SFIV. I am translating the info in regards to this just for those who are interested.)

Capcom of Japan's setting up a special site that enhances players' gaming experience for SSFIV: AE! Called the "SSFIV: AE Mobile site", this webpage is directly linked to arcades that will have SSFIV: AE through the Internet, and will record each player's gaming information, as well as enable players to access the site through their mobile (cell) phones and check their sites and purchase items. Players will need to purchase a special cart called the NESYS card, which they can then insert into the machine and play with their data being recorded to both the card and the mobile site, or access stuff that they've unlocked. It's a pretty intriguing system that is used for other arcade games, including SFIV. Here's some detailed info about how the Mobile Contents will work in SSFIV: AE.

1) Registering to the SSFIV: AE Mobile Site
One of the first things that needs to be done is to register to the SSFIV: AE Mobile site. You create a profile that is linked to your NESYS card. Every time you play SSFIV: AE version, your game history, stats, stuff that were unlocked, etc. will automatically be stored on the site for easy verification at one's leisure.

2) Title Rental
This is similar to those unique titles players can give themselves when playing online in SSFIV. While these titles can be unlocked during playing SSFIV: AE, you can also rent these titles for a certain amount of zeny obtained through regular gameplay (imaginary currency system used for the game). They can be rented for about a week, each one for different set amounts. The higher the set zeny price, the more better the title. There are also titles that can be obtained for no zeny. Apart from the titles that can be rented, there are exclusive titles that can be received, such as those related to participating in location test sites, completing Event Mode, and others (some may even be added by Capcom at later dates after SSFIV: AE has been released). Earned titles will be recorded permanently in your Profile, but rented titles will not.

Here are some of the titles that appear to be rentable (note that these are English translations of those titles:

-No-Holds-Barred
-Chicken
-I'm the best
-Fighter-in-Training
-Charmed

3) Battle Challenge System
While playing the game, there are certain tasks in the form of challenges that you can try to complete. You can go to your Profile and select the tasks that you want to try and fulfill. When you complete them, you will receive Zeny and Challenge Points (CP). The more CP you store up, the more titles that will be accessible for rental.

Some of the tasks that one can fulfill could be something as simple as taunting twice during a match, to something very difficult (i.e. 3 perfects in a row, making a 10+ hit combo, etc.).

4) Stamps
When a player plays consistantly at their local game center, they will recieve a stamp. While it can be beneficial in the Contents Shop, it can also be used to double the amount of zeny received after completing Battle Challenges. You can only receive up to 10 stamps.

5) Super Arrange Costumes
The Super Arrange Costumes from the home version of SSFIV can also be used in SSFIV: AE. You can purchase these by saving up zeny through gameplay. Note that the new costumes from the "Ultra Arrange Costume" packs won't be usable in SSFIV: AE.

6) Card Reissuing
In the event you lost your NESYS card, you can purchase a new one and it will be synced with you Profile, gaming history, etc.

7) Things obtainable from Arcade version of SFIV
For those who've played SFIV in the arcades and has gaming history on a purchased IC card (againt, this is a Japan-only thing) can register that card to the SSFIV: AE Mobile site, and have their stats transferred to their profile.

(A) Characters registered to their IC card will also be ported to their profile.
(B) You will also get a special title to your profile based on your stats from SFIV, which will be one of the following (with their special meaning):

-Kosan (Veteran): You have a gaming history from SFIV
-Kokyousan (Strong Fighter): You have a gaming history + characters that are A class & up from SFIV
-Ex-Master: You have a gaming history + characters that are Master rank from SFIV
-Ex-Grand Master: You have a gaming history + characters that are Grand Master rank from SFIV

(C) Titles that were received while playing SFIV will also be transferred to your profile (the ones that were obtained through game play, not the ones bought through the rental system)
(D) Username
When you 1st register to SSFIV: AE Mobile site, you have to set up your username. In case you want to change it, you are only allowed to do so once, meaning you need to choose carefully the username you want to be recognized by.
(E) Zeny
You are only allowed to accumulate up to 9850 zeny. It also looks like those who have a IC card and haven't played SFIV in awhile could try to accumulate 9850 zeny through SFIV as well, but if you haven't played in over a year, then all the info on your card will be deleted.
(F) Arrange Costumes
Costumes purchased while playing SSFIV in the arcade can be used in SSFIV: AE as well. As soon as the info from your IC Card has been transferred to your profile, these costumes can be accessed immediately.
(G) Other Features
These are the other things that you get from having played SFIV in the arcade:

-Forming Guilds
-Arcade shop registration
-Your profile
-Items purchased from Content Shop (music, voices, calendar)

8 ) IPhone compatibility
The mobile site is also accessible through the iPhone!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 03:12:32 PM by Sabaki »

Offline Rabbitxpp

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:April 28, 2024, 10:25:48 PM
    • Email
Re: Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 05:00:54 PM »
it sucks tht this wont be released in america -_-
Suppose one day that coin lands on its edge

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Busy, as always
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 05:07:09 PM »
it sucks tht this wont be released in america -_-
I won't say it won't, although Capcom of America has zero info about it atm. However, this may not stop local arcades from having it imported anyways. I know my arcade up in NYC called Chinatown Fair Arcade get's imported games and is listed as one of the spots that will be receiving SSFIV: AE....

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Section Moderator
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, 05:28:31 PM »
I won't say it won't, although Capcom of America has zero info about it atm. However, this may not stop local arcades from having it imported anyways. I know my arcade up in NYC called Chinatown Fair Arcade get's imported games and is listed as one of the spots that will be receiving SSFIV: AE....

Yep!! ;*)) Good ol CTF. i can always count on them for those Import Arcade Machines ^-^
They always do that. i remember when Rumble fish 2 (was hot and never came to consoles) & Hakuto no ken By
Arc systems arrived. haha hella cool :thumbsup:

I always got word KOF III is coming to CTF in jan :O*D >:D
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Busy, as always
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2010, 05:33:33 PM »
Yep!! ;*)) Good ol CTF. i can always count on them for those Import Arcade Machines ^-^
They always do that. i remember when Rumble fish 2 (was hot and never came to consoles) & Hakuto no ken By
Arc systems arrived. haha hella cool :thumbsup:

I always got word KOF III is coming to CTF in jan :O*D >:D
Yep,  CTF gets it all  :w00t: . I'll be there for both SSFIV: AE and MvC3!

Offline Uche_of_IMT

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:May 11, 2024, 11:23:07 PM
  • The fighting spirit lives in the fans of M.U.G.E.N
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2010, 06:32:23 PM »
Once again, Street Fighter Fever hits!!
92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature.

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2010, 06:46:19 PM »
Once again, Street Fighter Fever hits!!

yessir!. i have to make a trip to CTF at some point. lol i may run into sabaki gettin it in on the action!! 8) lol

but nothin beats when SF4 first hit CTF early man. every body (guys n girls) were on the same page just hella nostalgic and
new to what ever. if someone did a super it was like ooooH "how u did that one??"...everybody was just free stylin and experimenting
n takin turns. i won a few times. Im not good like that in the arcade. only on the consoles. ive always been that way. but ill beat ya with strategy though since i cant get fancy on the arcade stick ;*))

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Busy, as always
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2010, 03:47:53 AM »
New blog entry SSFIV is now up! Here's what was posted.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(From the Developer's Blog on 11/02/2010)

EXISTING CHARACTER UPDATES #2

Here's the second info released in regards to the tweaks and balancing existing characters will receive. This time around, the characters that are focused on are Ken, Vega, Rufus, Fei Long, and Juri

KEN

Developer Note: None

Basic Attacks
1) Hit pause time of Crouch Middle punch has been made shorter, making combos like Crouch Middle punch -> Crouch Middle kick possible

Special Moves
1) The hit pause time for Light Shoryuken has been increased by extending it into 2 frames, making it difficult to safely throw out repeatedly. However, its damage has been raised to 120 points, making it worth the risk.
2) Ex Hadouken does two hits on an airborne opponent, making it a good follow up in combos such as Light Shoryuken (anti-air) -> Ex Hadouken
3) Ex Tatsumaki Senpu Kyaku's hit properties have been changed, with it striking first as a middle attack, then changing into a high attack

Miscellaneous
1) Some adjustments were implemented to Back Dash, for after Back Dash's invincibility time is over, Ken will go airborne if hit.

Overall Impression
Opposite of Ryu's rigid game style, Ken's ability to flow into attacks such as his Fumikomi Maegeri (Stepping Forward Kick), Leg sweep, or his walk-in throw -> Shoryuken combination makes it easy to shut down the competition. Despite the hitpause time increase on Light Shoryuken, his Basic Attacks gaining a boost will turn him into a character flexible to combine strings of attacks.

VEGA (AKA BALROG OVERSEAS)

Developer's Note: None

Basic Attacks
1) Start up  of Crouch Middle Kick has been changed to 6 frames, making it much easier to use
2) Damage values for Crouch Middle punch and Crouch Heavy punch have been lowered.

Special Basic Attacks
1) Cosmic Smart's hitpause on a guarding opponent has been increased, making it difficult to use in strategies where this move is thrown out randomly.

Special Moves
1) Hitpause time of Ex Rolling Crystal Flash has been decreased, making it possible to make combos such as Ex Rolling Crystal Flash -> Crouch Middle Punch. While the strategies related to this move has increased, the normal version of Rolling Crystal Flash remains unchanged.

Ultra Combo
1) Startup frame of Splendid Claw has been made a bit slower

Miscellaneous
1) Some adjustments were implemented to Back Dash. While its speed remains the same, Vega will go airborne if hit when Back Dash's invincibility time is over. Forward Dash, and Back Slash remain unchanged.

Overall Impression
Vega's pretty deadly in his tough ground games, for his reach and speed can wear opponents down. On the other hand, he lacks good anti-air capabilities, meaning Vega needs to rely on other means to remedy this. While certain areas have been weakened, the moves that play a significant part in his ground games (which are meant to compensate for those weakened areas) have also been strengthen. In the long run, Vega's overall potential remains fairly the same.

RUFUS

Special Moves
1) Damage of Messiah Kick has been reduced slightly to 80 points

Ultra Combo
1) Big Bang Typhoon will no longer land full hits on an airborne opponent, making it an Ultra Combo designed for ground-related situations.

Miscellaneous
1) Some adjustments were implemented to Back Dash, for after Back Dash's invincibility time is over, Rufus will go airborne if hit.

Overall Impression
Since Falcon Kick is the main tool in order for Rufus' to set up his attacks, no changes were made here. In order to retain Rufus' relatively high stats, very little changes were implemented.

FEI LONG

Basic Attacks
1) Far and Close Light punch gain 1 extra active frame for hitting, while Close Middle kick's start up has been changed to 4 frames. It'll be much easier to complete combos due to the increase in active frames.

Special Moves
1) Hitpause time on blocked EX Rekka Ken has been made shorter, making it much easier for utilize for single-hit purposes.
2) Heavy Rekku Kyaku will no longer have invincibility, making it risky to use strategies that solely rely on it.

Miscellaneous
1) Some adjustments were implemented to Back Dash, for after Back Dash's invincibility time is over, Fei Long will go airborne if hit.

Overall Impression
The adjustments made to Fei Long were to gear him torwards being an rush down character by strengthening his Basic Attacks and Ex Rekka Ken. This will be more the case now that Heavy Rekku Kyaku has no more invincibility.

JURI

Special Moves
1) Fuhajin will launch the opponent much higher when she kicks upward, making it possible to do combos where you release multiple projectiles, as well as Fuhajin -> (hold) -> Senpusha. However, in order develop Fuhajin for better use in combos, damage on a single hit, as well stun value, has been weakened abit. Despite these weaknesses, if you look at the new options that are given to Fuhajin, strategies using this move has increased greatly, indicating that the changes steer Fuhajin to actually being stronger.

Ultra Combo
1) While no changes were made to Feng Sui Engine specifically, Fuhajin has received some tweaked when used during this Ultra Combo. Instead of using Crouch Heavy kick to end a chain combo, using Fuhajin will now knock down the opponent.

Miscellaneous
1) Juri's movements have been sped up, allowing her to pressure her opponents easier.
2) Tweaks to her moves' hit stun (not when your opponent is dizzied, but when opponent is in a hit state), revision of Ex Focus Attack's delay timing, as well as other fine tuning were made in numerous areas to make Juri an easier character to play with. Some tweaks were also added to areas where the opponent is unable to block certain combos.

Overall Impression
While the improvements to her Basic Attacks will turn Juri into a character with many options at closer distances, she will be weak in long-range fights. The adjustments for her were to retain her basic gameplay that are key to victory, while increasing the number of strategies Juri can utilize.

----------------------------------

There is also a Q&A section in regards to the 1st blog entry regarding changes done to Ryu & others. Some good info's there that the develpers didn't mention the 1st time around. I will translate that tomorrow morning...or should I say later todayfor it's almost 4 am and I have to get some sleep if I wanna go to work  (:|

Next entry in the Developer's Blog will be on Chun Li, El Fuerte, Sakura, and Cody.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 03:13:51 PM by Sabaki »

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Busy, as always
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2010, 12:14:21 PM »
Here's part 2 of the Developer Blog, a small Q & A regarding the changes made on Ryu, Balrog, C.Viper, Cammy, and Guy.

-------------------------------------------

Q: I have a question regards to Guy's update. How resistant is the Hyper Armor for Haya Gake? It can resist only one hit of an attack?

A: Just as you said, it can resist one hit from an attack. Originally, the Hyper Armor would allow Guy to take up to 2 hits during Ex Haya Gake. However, with the adjustments that were made, you can still utilize it in the same manner as before. For example, you can absorb all 2 hits from Akuma's Heavy Shakunetsu through the Hyper Armor on Ex Haya Gake and Kinteishi (Run stop) if skillfully timed. Of course, the absorbed hits will be reflected as Recovery Damage on your life bar.

Q: There won't be any tweaks to improve Viper's U1? I mean, there's so many areas that need to be re-analyzed, yet they are being neglected....

A: Yes, that impression came up as well while using her in many matches. Although a numerous amount of testing was done on her during production, no adjustments will be made to Viper's Burst Time at this moment.

Q: Will you be removing that thing where Ryu goes airborne when hit out of Light Shoryuken? Or will you keep it in? I'm very curious since nothing was mentioned about it.

A: Ruy will be considered on the ground within the 1st 3 frames of Light Shoryuken, while from the 4th frames on he will be considered airborne. So, it will still be possible to do combos like Light Shoryuken -> both characters hit each other -> Metsu Hadouken.

Q: This question is in regards to Cammy's fixes. Could you explain a little more in details about the height restriction on Cannon Strike? Can we still do Cannon Strike while in midair, jumping up, or when you reach the peak of a jump? Also, could you let us know about any changes done to Spiral Arrow, Spinning Knuckle, and Hooligan Combination?

A: To make a clearer explanation in regards to the height restriction on Cannon Strike, there is a limit in which the command for the move will be register ed based on Cammy's height in the air.  You can be moving in the air in any fashion, but if you are not over the height limitation while in the air then your input will not register. In regards to your other question, some revisions to the damage values was done to all versions of Cannon Spike, as well as some tweaks were made to Heavy Cannon Spike's attack duration. No adjustments were implemented to Spinning Knuckle or Hooligan Combination, though.

Q: The adjustments made to Balrog are nothing but nerfs! Fine, I understand the increase in recovery time if you miss with Buffalo Head, but when it's blocked? That's too much! If you're fighting against characters like Ken or Cammy then you're sure to lose. Was there any other adjustments made to cover this nerf?

A: It's pretty bad to look at the new changes as doing nothing more than creating disadvanges. Understand that the adjustments were done to make Balrog more of a technical character. Yes, you will be punished greatly if you use Buffalo Head incorrectly now, but with the new changes implemented (such as the improved usage of Close Middle punch), setting up your opponent & winning will be much more easier.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 03:14:56 PM by Sabaki »

Offline MaverickZr0

• S-Rank
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:November 25, 2016, 02:18:47 AM
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2010, 06:29:10 PM »
Man, I wanna drop Cody for Yang already D:

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Busy, as always
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2010, 03:08:23 PM »
Okay, Saikyo Blog's up today (11/05/2010 late in Japan). Nothing really important since it's all related to the Mobile service only featured in the arcades of Japan. Short summary:

1) Non-related, but Ono mentions the new dates for remaining Ultra Arrange Costume Packs, due to fans' requests.

2) NESYS cards for SSFIV: AE have been unveiled.

3) The mobile service that keeps track of the ranking system for SFIV in the arcades has been discontinued by the ending of the year. However, other services will continue.

4) Ono answers some questions related to the process of registering your NESYS card to work on your iPhone, and how those who have the Super Arranged Costumes saved in their profile from SFIV can only transfer the costumes themselves but not the different colors.

5) The SSFIV: AE Mobile Contents page was also updated....

Info was taken from here: http://www.capcom.co.jp/blog/sf4/saikyo_blog/2010/11/05_2800.html
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 03:19:24 PM by Sabaki »

Offline Fighta82

• Initiate
  • Last Login:March 12, 2012, 12:08:24 AM
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2010, 02:32:44 AM »
I really do miss the old days of when the arcade scene was still alive here in the states.Now that everybody has online of some kind it was the end of the arcade scene and we wont be getting the hookup like in japan.
im fat baby! and aint nothin wrong with a lil extra weight cuz we STILL get the job done!!

Offline EXCh33ky

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:February 25, 2013, 04:21:03 PM
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2010, 03:06:24 AM »
Everyone got changes when Super first came out...except for Rog...now he gets nerfed and the rest get buffs...fantastic...

Avatar by Shinrahunter, Sig by DemonKing Ex

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2010, 03:12:29 AM »
Everyone got changes when Super first came out...except for Rog...now he gets nerfed and the rest get buffs...fantastic...
you might be right about that. balrog pretty much the same other than his new hyper in ssf4  8=| woopteedo. Yeah they nerfin him down and maybe uppin the british beast. I hae tryin to land balrogs 2nd ultra  \-/o.

Offline vyn

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 22, 2024, 09:07:01 PM
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2010, 02:34:55 PM »
man balrog certainly got hit with the nerf stick, i have to admit i dropped him after never being able to cancel his super armor into another super armor.

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2010, 07:09:25 PM »

:|

i know u didnt like that sh*t one bit. thats ya boy right there i know^^ lol
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 04:14:52 PM by DEMONKAI »

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Busy, as always
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2010, 10:42:12 AM »
(From the Developer Blog on 11/09/2010)

EXISTING CHARACTER UPDATES #3

Here's the next entry from the Developer Blog, this time dealing with the adjustments on ChunLi, El Fuerte, Sakura & Cody, as well as small Q&A section.

CHUN LI

Basic Moves
1) Crouch Heavy Kick's stun values and Far Middle Punch's damage have been lowered abit. Both, however, still work the same.

Focus Attack
1) Some adjustments were implemented when Chun Li's hit during her Focus Attack, making it easier for her to hit her opponents while they are in the middle of their attack (apparently it missed alot)

Special Basic Attacks
1) Back Flip Kick's start up time has been slowed down abit, while it's easier for Chun Li to get hit during this, making it necessary to learn how to use it properly. Fortunately, you can still use the same followups if it hits a midair opponent.

Overall Impression
No adjustments were made to her Special moves, since they already have high potential for good usage. Those who are familiar with her technical gameplay and combos while be able to use her the same way.

EL FUERTE

Basic Moves
1) Far Light punch's startup is now 4 frames, while its attack duration has been made longer. With this, it is possible to land an extra hit.
2) Crouch Light punch's startup is now 4 frames, while its attack duration has been made longer. On top of that, Crouch Light Punch can cancel into itself so it can be used for chain combos.
3) Apart from the above-mentioned, no real outstanding changes were implemented.

Special Moves
1) Guacamole Leg Throw's recovery time upon landing on the ground has been extended abit (Ex version included)
2) Propeller Tortilla will no longer have any invincibility, but will counter opponents much easier

Ultra Combo
1) El Fuerte Ultra Spark's start up point for where he attacks has been slowed down abit, along with damage reduction. Also, the throw hit box size has been tailored to fit El Fuerte's size while he's sliding forward, meaning it'll be more trickier to land this move.

Overall Impression
It's obvious that El Fuerte Ultra Spark has been weakened significantly. With this U2's priority and damage changed, U1 "El Fuerte Flying Giga Buster" will, instead, shine much more in those two categories. The differences in usage for both Ultra Combo's will be easily distinguishable when deciding which one to use in each matches.

SAKURA

Basic Moves
1) Close Middle Punch's pause time/time for recovery has been reduced, ensuring it can be used together with other basic moves such as Crouch Middle Punch and Crouch Heavy Kick.
2) Far Middle Punch can now cancel into Special Moves and Super Moves, just like Ryu
3) Far Middle Kick's physical hit box on the foot has been made smaller, making it easier to poke with and less punishable

Special Moves
1) Opportunities to use Midair Shunpu Kyaku as a follow up attack has been increased (Ex version included)
2) Adjustments were made in toning down Hadouken's pause time/time for recovery based on it's powered up levels
3) Other changes were made to slightly strengthen Sakura by revising the size of her attack range, damage, pause time during attacks, etc.

Overall Impression
The main focus was to strengthen Sakura, although this will not be so obviously noticeable. Sakura's options for extending her assault (i.e for juggles and such) have bee increased, so be prepared to start creating some new combos!

CODY

Basic Moves
1) Crouch Light Kick's startup point for the actual attack has been made to 3 frames. Apart from canceling into a Special move when it hits, Cody still has no options for starting any form of strategy (i.e footsies, poking). On the other hand, being a low-hitting attack with long reach, Crouch Light Kick will have more usage due to its traits.

Special Basic Attacks
1) Some adjustments where made to Crack Kick's potential in following up with another attack after it hits. Previously, the 1st hit of Ex Criminal Upper would miss after Crack Kick connects, but this time around it will hit properly.
2) Size of the knife's physical box while on the floor has been made larger, making it easier to pick up.

Overall Impression
With the adjustments made to Crouch Light Kick, its usage for poking and defensive means has increased. In general, though, no other adjustments were implemented to his basic gameplay and his Special Moves. Cody players should be able to pick him up in SSFIV: AE immediately, utilizing the same strategies and combos that they've learned from SSFIV.

--------------------------------------------------

Q&A

Q: With Light Shoryuken's pause time being extending into 2 frames, does that mean you can still do Light Shoryuken on an opponent in the corner -> EX Shoryuken? With the improvements implemented to Close Light Punch, does that mean it can strike all characters while they are crouching? Also, with the changes made to Ex Midair Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku striking middle first then high afterwards, is there any changes to the actual hit detection? Personally I thought that it was hard to hit other characters that were crouching....

A: Have no fear, because Light Shoryuken on a cornered opponent -> Ex Shoryuken will be possible in SSFIV: AE! Close Light Punch will miss less in general, while there was no changes to Ex Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku's hit detection.

Q: Can you still connect Vega's Scarlet Terror after Cosmic Smart, considering the adjustments that were made? I'm wondering because the pause time increase when Cosmic Smart's blocked should also affect the frames needed to do this special combo.

A: The adjustments were only made to when Cosmic Smart is blocked. So, you should still be able to do that combo you mentioned! Also, some tweaks where made to give a player a 50/50 chance to do something else if the tip of Cosmic Smart is blocked.

Q: Poor Rufus. He's getting weaker and weaker.... Lowering Ex Messiah Kick to just 80 pts of damage, that means you can only get good damage with the Middle Kick followup. Gonna be even harder to compete well since so many characters have DP-like moves with invincibility. I know, that's a useless rant that is normally heard when playing SSFIV, but still I was looking forward to you guys devoting some time in improving my favorite character's skill set.

A: In regards to Ex Messiah Kick, the adjustments are to entirely balance out this move, which does not include fixes to it's invincibility time, frames, etc. You can use this move the same way as you have been utilizing it.

Q: The direction Fei Long's going is from making him a difficult character to use to making him a strong rush down character. Yet, i find it safe to say that he's gonna become a very strong character. I mean, he's got so much in his arsenal, even with the removal of invincibility from his Rekku Kyaku.

A: All characters are getting adjustments one way or the other, not just Fei Long. Please play & experiment with all characters to understand everyone's strenths and weaknesses when SSFIV: AE comes you your local arcade.

Q: I have a question regarding the changes made to Juri. When her opponent's hit while she kicks upward during Fuhajin, will her opponent stay in down state (note: not being able to recover even in midair) if you jump and follow up with a Jump Middle Punch? Using the same senario, will you get full hits if you instead follow up with Heavy Senpusha? On a different note, I feel that it's difficult to create opportunities to continue with your assault using her good basic attacks due to their inability for frame trap advantage. While many adjustments where done to improve her, I feel that there was nothing mentioned about changes done to her basic moves like the way changes to other characters' basic moves where reported. Can you tell us if any changes where made?

A: For Fuhajin, the opponent will remain in a down state while in the air to allow for successful follow up attacks. Unfortunately, not every single changes can be mentioned in the blogs, but it can be said that adjustments were indeed made to Juri's basic moves!

------------------------------------------------------

Next to be reported are E. Honda, Gouken, Rose, and Ibuki. Stay tuned!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 11:07:38 AM by Sabaki »

Offline vyn

• Contributor
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2010, 05:05:51 PM »
Fuerte finally got a jab!!! yay!!! i hated feeling like a defensless baby when up close. His 2nd ultra got nerfed big time and no invinicibility on his already hard to use anit-air... screw you capcom he is weak enough already!! jab doesnt make up for it.

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2010, 06:15:31 PM »
omg vyn man i have to agree with you on tha! see i am not liking how they nerfin peeps, balrog and now fuerte? why nerf his cool ultra? heck man hats the reason even more why i enjoy pickin him and yes adding a jab doesnt make up for it. they need to backtrack that one.  ^^(PM)^

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 28, 2016, 11:01:46 PM
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2010, 10:47:12 PM »
i hope gen gets some tweaks for easier combos because pulling them off on a dual shock 3 is really difficult. and i noticed that in ssf4 his medium crouch kick doesn't connect into a medium gekiro anymore  :(
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 01:26:01 PM by Swiziga »

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Busy, as always
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2010, 10:17:13 AM »
@Vyn: hey, Capcom listened, you got your wish...a Jab for El Fierce lol

@Lando: yeah, the nerfs sound pretty bad for his U2. Still, the move has potential since it's unblockable. I guess it's not safe on wake up, but maybe as a counter when peeps are in a middle of a move  :-?? . Still, can't lie that move was waaaaaay overpowered, for it sucks when your beating an El Fuerte user easily, then they do a wake-up U2 that ties up your health with his -- low and near death  ~X(

@Swiziga: Gen needs alot of love. I tried him a few times and he doesn't have a lot going for him atm. Not hat he's helpless, but it takes too much work to get thinga started in his favor.

Now let's hope Ibuki & Rose's adjustments are fine tuning-related. They don't need buffs imho, but nerfs will just kill 'em, especially Ibuki  [-O<
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 11:14:29 AM by Sabaki »

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Busy, as always
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2010, 03:47:36 PM »
Skipping the Saikyo Blog from last week Friday and going straight to the Developer Blog, which has its new entry posted on 10/16/2010. I'm pretty sick and caught a bad cold, so I'm gonna post shorter translations (at least I'll try), and will update later (i.e. naming scheme from Japanese to English) .

--------------------------

EXISTING CHARACTER UPDATES #4

E. HONDA

Special Moves
1) Light Super Headbutt's invincibility has been changed from upper body to lower body

Ultra Combo
1) Super Oni Musou is invincible to projectile during it's duration of flying forward & not connecting with the opponent until the move ends.
2) Orochi Breaker's command has been changed for 720 to 2 half circle motions. Range had been increased, but start up (after the darkened pause) has been increased to 2 frames, so opponents have a chance to escape.

Misc
1) Some adjustments were implemented to Back Dash, for after Back Dash's invincibility time is over, E. Honda will go airborne if hit.

Overall Impression
Previously, E. Honda has alot of safe yet high damaging moves, but now adjustments were done to reduce his damage capabilities overall. He is still a powerhouse, though, and should be played like so.

GOUKEN

Basic Moves
1) Improvements were implented to his basic moves to make them much better.
2) Close Stand Middle Punch and Close Stand Heavy Kick have more active frames.
3) Close Stand Middle Kick's start up has been made to 3 frames, making it easier to use against other characters.
4) Jump vertical Heavy punch and jump diagonal Heavy Kick can be used as a followup in juggles
5) No changes were made to his basic moves' reach, however.
6) Back throw now adds recovery damage to the opponent's life gauge, while any attacks that are comboed afterwards will have a slight damage reduction.

Special Moves
1) You can now combo Light Senkuu Goushuha from a light attack.
2) Ex Tatsumaki Gourasen now locks the opponent in to take all hits.
3) Hyakki Gouheki has less recovery upon landing on the ground, making it easier to use.
4) Kingoushin has been changed in a big way. 1st, it can be executed from any punch. Next, the levels in which it can counter an attack has been changed to the following:
   -Light Punch = Low attacks
   -Middle Punch = Middle attacks
   -Heavy Punch = High attacks

Misc
1) Some adjustments were implemented to Back Dash, for after Back Dash's invincibility time is over, Gouken will go airborne if hit.

Overall Impression
Many changes were made to both Gouken's Basic Moves and Special Moves, which may give a feel from they way the were used before. His gameplay hasn't changed that much, however.

ROSE

Super Combo
1) You can't perform Aura Soul Spark if a regular Soul Spark is on the screen already. However, you can still super-cancel into this from Soul Spark.

Ultra Combo
1) Alot of revamping was done onf Soul Satellite. In order to balance it out, there is no invinvcibility time.

Overall Impression
Because Rose has many durable basic moves, projectiles, and anti-air abilities, the main focus for the adjustments was Soul Satellite.

IBUKI

Basic Moves
1) Some adjustments were implemented to her basic moves' frames....
2) Stand Light Kick's start up has been redone to 4 frames, and should now be usable like a light attack
3) Stand Middle Kick's start up is now 4 frames, giving it more combo potential

Special Moves
1) Kunai's damage has been reduced
2) Kubiori's damage and stun values have been reduced
3) Trajectory in mid air while using Kunai during a back jump will decrease (i.e. harder to use it as a run away tactic)

Misc
1) New Target Combo has been added: Crouch Heavy Kick -> Stand Heavy Kick. It can be used only after the later half of TC6.

Overall Impression
The adjustments varied between improving Ibuki's Basic Moves, while lowering some of her Special Moves. Still, she still has a lot potential, and many tricks that can lead to victory. The concept for Ibuki is a character that plays upclose and gets into her opponent's space.

--------------------------------------------------

Q&A

-CHUN LI
Q: Chun Li's Ex Hyaku Retsu Kyaku misses alot on many characters the more distance they are away. Will there be any changes to how opponents take hits from this move?

A: Adjustments have been made to certain characters in relations to getting hit by Chun Li's Hyaku Retsu Kyaku...although these adjustments are not based on results from SSFIV. In the end, Chun Li players should have more cases where this move hits much easier.

-EL FUERTE
Q: Seeing how El Fuerte's adjusmtents are definite....well, not much can be said except I'll have to do my best with the changes. Speaking of changes, Tortilla Propeller will have no invincibility while rising up? Will there be any form of invincibility, say against physical attacks, projectiles, or both at the same time? How about against Ryu's Shoryuken, which has ground properties and air properties. Will 'Propeller be able to suck in Ryu during Shoryuken while it's still on the ground?

A: The adjustments remove both forms of invincibility from that move. You'll need to experiment and create new strategies incorporating the imrpovements done on El Fuerte's basics. One last thing, Shoryuken has invincibility against throws, so it will not get caught in Tortilla Propeller.

-SAKURA
Q: Nothing was mentioned about Sakura's Back Dash. Just wondering if it got the same adjustments like other characters' got.

A: Because so much info about her adjustments were mentioned in last week's blog not everything could be written, but yes, Sakura's Back Dash got the necessary fix!

-CODY
Q: There's certain points about Cody that need clarification, so I pose these questions:
1) Will his walking speed be made faster?
2) Will his recovery time after Special Moves be made shorter?
3) Will his attributes while equipped with the knife increase?
That's about it for the moment. If the changes made are all that were reported and not else, then Cody's still gonna be lower-middle-tier imho. I think he can benefit more from being a bit more speedy.

A: There have been alot of questions and comments concerning Cody since last week's Blog. Well, to clear the air, the information regards to Cody's adjustments pretty much sums up all that was done. As for your 3 questions, the only answer is "same as SSFIV".

----------------------------------------

Next week's blog will cover adjustments made to Abel, Blanka, Gen, and Makoto.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 10:53:26 AM by Sabaki »

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2010, 05:20:52 PM »
These adjustments arent bad and they arent really do but so much overall. Ibuki is one of my favs and she already is a killer. true she did need some more in ya face moves, thats about it.  she got some good defensive strikes and the ex version of her upward thust kick plays sweet into my hands.  So she is da best overall that really didnt need much a tweak. Now Rose on the other hand, i liked her better in sf4, my only gripes they kinda fixed but i still hate that 2nd ultra. no pizazz! That move reminds me of strider mvc2 oroboros something. the move where he has the circling energy circles and can cobo while firing them . Naaahh didnt like it on her but for him yeah!  Gouken , he aight i just want a regular shoryuken like all the other ones got. Gouken plays more the defensive type and counter type than any aggressive style.  Oh yeah Sabaki ya def right about the el fuerte U2 indeed ;*)) whenever he hits that, i just do one move that always works to counter it....JUMP and then kick when he misses.  :thumbsup:

Offline vyn

• Contributor
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2010, 10:37:17 PM »
im happy with goukens changes XCEPT the counter, its balance enough when you have to predict high or low, three variatons IMO makes the move not worth the risk, it should still be a great anti air. Any words on the ex version sabaki?

Ibuki is right on point with changes discouraging kunai faggot strategies and improving some basic attacks.

And get better mate.

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2010, 10:47:36 PM »
"kunai faggot strategies "  :-j  :D lol that was definetly a good one.

I actually love playin as Ibuki and i only use the kunai move as a "oh no you dont rushin me  [-X" move o back em up and then prepare for my own either onslaught or my attack/defense  style.  they rushin  ya , leap in air, spots some kunais , stun them , land and go right into the slide grapple. love it. just dont spam that , then its overkill  *Iceman ThumbsDown!*

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar