collapse

Author Topic: Ryu vs Teryy Bogard. who do you think would win and why?  (Read 1331 times)

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
Re: Ryu vs Teryy Bogard. who do you think would win and why?
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2010, 08:41:50 PM »
well although Ryu is quite strong Terry still packs a punch in an Arsenal of "On the fly" attacks. Hes a freestyle Fighter. You never know what he will pull out of the hat. whats worse is if he taps into that one move with all hes got he can definitely turn the tide.
so its like ya said lando. its a either way situation between the 2
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2010, 09:04:46 PM »
this is how i look at a fight like his in realism terms. if this fight was to happen in reality what will it come down to. Ryu is basically a master in his art style and just trying to better himself in that one style without the setsu no hado taking over. but he cant so he is still practicing till he can reach that level without it. No Terry is doing the same but with a subtle difference, he seelks to just better himself period and be able to fight against all styles. In a real fight i look at ryu one disapline vs a master of one disappline ( mainly the 2 secret moves) but expert and master at freestyle fighting as well. look a it like ufc, if all you have is just a standup game and your fighting a fighter thats an expert and well rounded in both stand up and ground game. the chances of the stand up alone fighter is very slim unless he can land winning shots, but if he is takin to the ground or in a situation where he is not familiar with he can lose easily.  thats how i kinda make my determination of this fight.

now if ya wanna get real technical, if ya watch the animes about these guys you will notice something

ryu only seems to be able to basically take you over if your a good fighter is with a hadoken or even a metsu shoryken ( which is never shown)
most if not all peeps get up from his shoryuken and his whirlwind style kick.

Terry on the other hand has ended fights with a sennpuken ( hurricane punch) hado sennpukiyaku ( hurricane kick), crackshot, everybody runs or gets out of the way of his burn knuckle ( except krauser cause terry was hurt still and tired from his battle with Kim) but still had enough power in it the the air from the burn knuckle after krauser caught it exploded a wall., defeated the god of mars with a version of the buster wolf from standing position ( we talkin bout a GOD here) so Terry basically can flatten you even with a lesser attack or a full power on attack.
still i think an anime fight needs to be done between them and do it accurately. lol

Offline bronx83bornrm

• Initiate
  • Last Login:December 29, 2014, 08:05:28 PM
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2010, 09:16:19 PM »
I agree wit u guys on the fact that Terry does have a wider range of moves and is a freestyle fighter but i go with Ryu mainly on the fact that Ryu is a great defensive fighter n can easily counter any move Terry throws at him. Granted if Terry hits him wit one of his specials at full power it can change the whole tide of the fight, but if Ryu eats the attack n recovers in time he can end the fight fast, n don't 4get Ryu has his dragon punch which in any form can pretty much end the fight. The only real way i see Terry winning is if he catches Ryu wit a 1-hitter quiter.

Post Merge: November 29, 2010, 09:21:55 PM
was writing my last post b4 i saw yers lando, i get what u sayin and yer right about that but in my opinion Ryu(or street fighter chars in general) have not been portrayed accurately at all(bison being the exception n seth exaggerated), more like dumbed down versions of their game counterparts

Post Merge: November 29, 2010, 09:29:04 PM
Also to add ryu tends to hold back alot against his opponents, he only comes full force if he believes his opponent is stronger than him during the battle, n for fear that he might let out his evil side
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 09:29:04 PM by bronx83bornrm »

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2010, 09:37:59 PM »
yeah you may got a point there. really not many characters have been portrayed in their full powers. Terry has been shown and ryu's has been shown. so for those 2 i can rock with. Like said i would have to give an edge to terry because he embraces his full power where ryu doesnt. and terry has way too many one hitter quitters. any move terry does can end a fight. i cant imgaine ryu trying to eat a burn knuckle to the face. and thats a weaker move. both characters show great stamina and can defend and offense at a given moment. slight advantage to ryu is he goes evil but slight advantage to terry is he goes full wolf power. but ryu will fight it while terry will embrace it. talkin bout totality of the characters not just a basic fight. even in a basic fight terry oushines for a abundance of skills amd moves to counter another moves. alot of different scenarios can be given but i still say looking a the background and the format of these 2 fighters Terry has the edge in a fight.ryu is straightforward, predictable where terry is freestyle and switches from move to move and is very unpredictable. Ryu is one of my favs in sf ( next to ken) because of his forwardness and easy access but terry is my fav because he has something for everything thrown at him. still a fight like this could be anyones call. Once you breakdown the fighters weaknesses and strengths it comes down to then lookin at the situations each fighter would be in inside that fight. who is more adaptable. edge..Terry :thumbsup:

Offline bronx83bornrm

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2010, 09:44:09 PM »
point taken there sir

you present a well put arguement. my vote still goes to Ryu tho.  :P

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2010, 09:46:18 PM »
 :thumbsup: your point taken as well good sir, great debate. need more friendly ones like these around here ya know. :D

Offline bronx83bornrm

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2010, 10:08:53 PM »
AMEN TO THAT :thumbsup:

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.