collapse

Author Topic: EoH/Project X Rogue  (Read 32504 times)

Offline Megabyte

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:August 25, 2018, 05:26:14 AM
    • Email
Re: EoH/Project X Rogue
« Reply #75 on: October 10, 2010, 06:18:21 PM »
Not sure IIRC, and not sure if Splode's works are open source, but didn't his Rogue also steal abilities from other characters rather than MvC2's power-up system? If so, then I would think that using Kong's ( :-&) sprites and Splode's coding would have made the process much faster to edit. But, since this is a few months later and I'm not working on the project with you all, for all I know that is what was done...just wondering if that would have worked is all I guess...

Offline KenFan9276 - Member of CROM

• Phoenix Wright > Megaman :D
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 25, 2014, 01:22:01 PM
  • OBJECTION!
« Reply #76 on: October 10, 2010, 07:20:22 PM »
You DO mean to ASK Kong for his sprites,right?

TomBewley

« Reply #77 on: October 10, 2010, 07:28:25 PM »
You DO mean to ASK Kong for his sprites,right?

Kong's sprites are open source. No need to ask

Offline javab

• Last Login:October 13, 2010, 10:18:12 PM
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: October 13, 2010, 09:58:18 PM »
u should also view rogue on other game to do new combo such as x-men mutant academy 2 and those two walk though game to see extra moves u might create to make her betta u may even find ways to make other chracters move betta as well

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #79 on: October 14, 2010, 10:09:51 AM »
Not sure IIRC, and not sure if Splode's works are open source, but didn't his Rogue also steal abilities from other characters rather than MvC2's power-up system? If so, then I would think that using Kong's ( :-&) sprites and Splode's coding would have made the process much faster to edit. But, since this is a few months later and I'm not working on the project with you all, for all I know that is what was done...just wondering if that would have worked is all I guess...

Valid question,

1) I have permission to edit Kong's stuff, Splode has left the scene so you can't really get permission from him anymore.

2) The ability to steal powers has been in both Splode's and Big Elli's versions of Rogue but only as far as X-Men vs Street Fighter goes. This version will not only include the brief power ups as contained in MvC2 but also the ability to steal actual abilities from a wide range of chars, starting with the EoH and Project X rosters first of course.

Offline icisco

• Last Login:October 19, 2010, 06:25:32 AM
    • Email
« Reply #80 on: October 19, 2010, 06:19:14 AM »
There was this old mugen rogue (i think made by splode), where if you held the start button, she would powerddrain random XvsSF characters during the start. This is only a suggestion, maybe you should make a rogue like that? She kiss random characters like Akuma, and actually having the entire movesets. One of the things i've always imagines was her power draining Goku (DBZ) and she would like inherit the SSJ features from it. SSJ Rogue! let the characters be ms marvel, one of those mugen versions of Ryu/ken/or akuma, Goku and whoever else. That would be a hot character.

Just an idea.

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 26, 2024, 02:34:14 PM
« Reply #81 on: October 19, 2010, 06:43:45 AM »
First, welcome to the forum.

Second, you know how much time and sprite work it would take for her to take entire movesets from characters.? Parasite by Buyog is taking long and I believe for every moveset he takes it's only two specials and one hyper, so that suggestion is kinda insane. The Rogue you mentioned that power drains specific X-Men/Street Fighter characters only takes one or two moves I believe, not everything. Besides that, the Rogue is only meant for Project X (and I'm guessing she'll make it to EoH as well) so there's no reason she'd have any DBZ power sets.

I mean, sure, all of that would be amazingly awesome but it's just not gonna happen, ever.

We stopped checking for monsters under our bed when we realized they were inside of us.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: October 19, 2010, 12:17:27 PM »
First, welcome to the forum.

Second, you know how much time and sprite work it would take for her to take entire movesets from characters.? Parasite by Buyog is taking long and I believe for every moveset he takes it's only two specials and one hyper, so that suggestion is kinda insane. The Rogue you mentioned that power drains specific X-Men/Street Fighter characters only takes one or two moves I believe, not everything. Besides that, the Rogue is only meant for Project X (and I'm guessing she'll make it to EoH as well) so there's no reason she'd have any DBZ power sets.

I mean, sure, all of that would be amazingly awesome but it's just not gonna happen, ever.

Actually I figure if a team of 25 programmers and 25 sprites got together and collaborated we could knock out the entier list of mugen characters in about a year.

Offline Vinnie MUller

• Initiate
  • Last Login:August 24, 2015, 10:50:10 AM
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: November 08, 2010, 09:23:57 AM »
Firstly, hello!
It's my debut on board.
We therefore know that I do not know much and I can not comment much.
But I love Rogue and wanted to suggest some of my many ideas that do not put into practice because I can not "create" in mugen.

I really want to start a whole new rogue, especially after how she has changed in the comics.

want it with the new uniform is far, then, imagine a rogue with the same classic look, but only with their original powers of absorption.

nothing super strength, invulnerability, flight and so on.

add movements to dodge, counter-coups, sequences and agility as their own movements.

much of what she already has frame will make to imagine and create a range of motion because it is already very rich in this sense. sufficient, ideializar (I imagine many have already designed with the sprites I envision) and combine certain sprites.

using some helper / ally, could be any / some of the younger pupils direct x-men rogue today (anole, dust, mercury, surge, hellion, rockslide, hope...)

as striking as stolen, it's beautiful to see her using the identical blow the opponent, but when it comes to mugen, where one can put the chars you want and always appear new. I believe she should have coups and generics.

For example:
1) projectile energy - a ball of energy fired from the hands (hadouken): easy to change colors (white, blue, red, purple, green ...) and has prepared a form to add, humn, types of damage ( effect electric fire, ice ...)

and it was easy to authenticate the movement, color and type of damage added to each character in the game. Rogue-like Kong, you add the name of new char and hit the side of the power drain when using the new character that he use the motion regarding where you put his name. would only have to change the color and the effect of damage to a simpler way for the layman like me.

2) beam that crossed the screen
3) Ray Eye
4) stroke of agility
5) throw "coup
6) earthquake hit

and so, I believe that so many would use less movement and it would be useful to any game and very interesting.

leave available also clear that the power up / defense up ...
for some chars.
that even if the punisher so she can use one of these, he has a physical poque more labored, and he has also uses training, even in ordinary human level, rogue uses to add strength and agility and balance it and etc. .. .

how many weapons, but great idea! Rogue drains expertise, knowledge and part of the character of the victim.

what did you think overall?
I can make suggestions, ideas?
something valid to you?
liked?

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: November 08, 2010, 10:20:00 AM »
I'm glad you're a fan of Rogue, time will tell what she ends up becoming.

bte, here are more power sets...
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 10:42:12 AM by Acey »

Offline Vinnie MUller

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: November 08, 2010, 11:16:32 AM »
ah, forgot the main ...

if no more flying, no longer throw the traditional ...

agarrões good ones:
punch = drain life
kick = drain super bar

with a different animation of the power drain.

I do not think very good idea to copy the web-ball of spider-man, not his power, is iten, rob him and he does not seem feasible.

then would have a great possibility to better exploit the powers of absorbing it. How?

power drain Hard Kick: standard (copy the coup), longer range

average power drain with kick: Well, the original intention is that all oponete had a movement to give the rogue and with this power drain yes, she received a power-up (with more force / defense and speed) but may be an effect dizziness / confusion (as the reverse directional temporarily)

Power drain with weak kick, blocks the opponent's special moves for a short time, the less scope
-------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------
a different version, it could with each of the 6 buttons to get a (up) different!
1) strength
2) speed
3) defense
4) life
5) super bar
6) attack
-------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------

sounds crazy, but it is even very easy.

want to test and feel like playing with a rogue would be more or less so?

Get the Angel KOF
stretch a little about her hair, with brown paint and let the white fringe.
paint the inside of the legs and abdomen yellow and the outer green.

it already uses jacket, wears cowboy boots as a rogue does at times, has gloves and blows more or less as described.

the moviento she jumps at an opponent by holding the head with one hand, it would be perfect to be the new scam to make physical contact of the rogue.

I would use 80% as the basis for my new rogue.
vanessa's a little too KOF (agility, and her special picture are perfect!)

the most of angel too!

just to know, she'll steal super too? like kong? (Yeah, yeah, yeah ..!!! please)

and something very original, a rogue missile's natural!
how so?

as in X-Men Legends, it would make a provocation, type the same taunt her, a visual effect, more or less like that heart, goes up slightly less than half of the screen, reaching the target without defending, makes a run against rogue as if he had been angry, going to fight, leaving him vulnerable.

're sorry, got carried away ... better not give more hints ...
anxious for an answer!

tanks and sorry, :D  rs

* gave to understand the things that mean?

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #86 on: November 08, 2010, 11:19:17 AM »
Nice screenshots

That Magneto and Psylocke wouldn't happen to be the ones from Project X would it?

Offline Vinnie MUller

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #87 on: November 08, 2010, 11:29:32 AM »
you really do justice to rogue. same is to be congratulated.
I'm glad to see someone so skilled and so engage the rogue. but you don't said if have good something the things I wrote, Acey

but I think I am still going forward, the project is yours and that means for sure the character will be bright after work. Although I would be proud if it you use something.

I am a friend of X-fields, and I'm not good at doing things in mugen, but if you have something that even a layman can do to help, I'm offering here, ok?!

I have FFU.

TOO already showered you, but also unburdened and the bulk of my ideas are there.

big hug and thanks for even having taken the trouble to read these ideas of a fanatic fan! rs
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 11:44:55 AM by Vinnie MUller »

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: November 08, 2010, 12:52:16 PM »
Nice screenshots

That Magneto and Psylocke wouldn't happen to be the ones from Project X would it?

;*))

Offline yosifun

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:February 18, 2013, 09:14:45 AM
« Reply #89 on: November 08, 2010, 05:46:07 PM »
Great screens! although I must say that the Magneto projectile stance looks a bit awkward, maybe using the Iceman stance could suit all projectiles..

On a side note, I can't wait to see updates on Magneto and Psylocke :-SS

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #90 on: November 09, 2010, 12:03:12 AM »
If I may ask, have you found some new voice clips to use or are you using the old Capcom ones?

Offline Vitamin

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 15, 2012, 05:46:34 PM
  • Shredder: Let my name be the last sound you hear!
« Reply #91 on: November 09, 2010, 12:08:07 AM »
Interesting new screen shots, however the projectile blast of Magneto and Iceman are occuring behind her hands and look rather weird.

Offline Arkady

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:Today at 10:18:17 PM
  • "Create the Un-Creatable"
« Reply #92 on: November 09, 2010, 10:38:07 AM »
i think maybe need the ice circles around her arms for iceman

Offline Vinnie MUller

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: November 09, 2010, 10:19:30 PM »
Will use something write for me bro?

Offline Xfields

• Section Moderator
  • Last Login:November 17, 2023, 10:24:12 PM
    • Email
« Reply #94 on: November 09, 2010, 10:57:12 PM »
vinnie, is that you bro?
You can Now support my creations at Patreon
Get exclusive rewards when you donate.
https://www.patreon.com/Xfields

Offline Vinnie MUller

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #95 on: November 10, 2010, 09:36:22 AM »
Yes, I'm! Rs. I very much talk of rogue! :-P

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #96 on: November 10, 2010, 10:14:27 AM »
I got new vocal clips for Rogue (from MuA) but they weren't nearly as good as the original.

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #97 on: November 10, 2010, 11:09:41 AM »
I got new vocal clips for Rogue (from MuA) but they weren't nearly as good as the original.
From MuA? The only X-Men that were in that game were Wolvie, Cyclops, Storm, Iceman, and Colossus.

Are you sure you don't mean X-Men Legends?

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #98 on: November 10, 2010, 01:26:45 PM »
From MuA? The only X-Men that were in that game were Wolvie, Cyclops, Storm, Iceman, and Colossus.

Are you sure you don't mean X-Men Legends?

It was one of those.

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #99 on: November 10, 2010, 02:24:08 PM »
I see.

Well I really loved the voice acting in those games but I do agree with you, Lenore Zann's "Get Ready" and "G'night Sugah" just can't be beat

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 [29] 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal