collapse

Author Topic: Project X Returns!  (Read 26842 times)

Offline Arkady

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 07, 2024, 06:59:20 AM
  • "Create the Un-Creatable"
Re: Project X Returns!
« Reply #250 on: December 20, 2010, 08:23:20 PM »

what about a weapon x costume??

Offline ZVitor

• Section Moderator
  • Last Login:January 01, 2024, 07:22:36 PM
    • Email
« Reply #251 on: December 20, 2010, 09:35:24 PM »
1.0 and are up to future px games too....

weapon x costume:

and other:

Offline Uche_of_IMT

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:May 07, 2024, 08:33:03 PM
  • The fighting spirit lives in the fans of M.U.G.E.N
    • Email
« Reply #252 on: December 20, 2010, 09:40:55 PM »
Everything you touch turns to gold, zvitor! You have "The Midas Touch"!
92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature.

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #253 on: December 20, 2010, 10:53:10 PM »
Awesome. Marrow looks good.

Can't wait to see some other characters (should there be more that is)

Offline yosifun

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:February 18, 2013, 09:14:45 AM
« Reply #254 on: December 21, 2010, 02:04:08 AM »
Looking great! :w00t:

What happened to some of the other PX WIPs like Polaris and Banshee? are they still in progress?

EDIT, more palette suggestions:
X-Men blue and gold: http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/39189/1062510-x_men374_11a_super.jpg
Purple: http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/39189/1059250-marrow__14__super.jpg
AoA (similar to your X-Force palette): http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/9490/240654-83438-marrow.JPG
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 02:45:08 AM by yosifun »

Offline chief_justice

• Initiate
  • Last Login:January 09, 2011, 10:25:52 AM
    • avengers
« Reply #255 on: December 21, 2010, 08:34:04 AM »
Any plans to tweak Silver Samurai? Capcom gave him extra powers not based on comics.

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #256 on: December 21, 2010, 10:48:55 AM »
Any plans to tweak Silver Samurai? Capcom gave him extra powers not based on comics.

Really, which ones?

Offline chief_justice

• Initiate
    • avengers
« Reply #257 on: December 21, 2010, 12:40:52 PM »
Silver Samurai doesn't have any elemental power in comics, meaning he cannot attack with lighting, fire, and ice like in the marvel vs capcom series. He's a mutant that can choose to channel his power through a sword to cut almost anything along with his fighting skills.

Offline Arkady

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #258 on: December 21, 2010, 04:38:03 PM »
Silver Samurai doesn't have any elemental power in comics, meaning he cannot attack with lighting, fire, and ice like in the marvel vs capcom series. He's a mutant that can choose to channel his power through a sword to cut almost anything along with his fighting skills.

i think that's close to it, but actually, i thought he could channel into any object (just like gambit= innanimate objects)
he can channel his power through it, so technically it doesn't just have to be a sword, which means he could broaden his weaponary (he could use kama's= thin axe like thing, tanto's= daggers or fans = like MK's kitana uses or even kendo sticks)

Offline chief_justice

• Initiate
    • avengers
« Reply #259 on: December 21, 2010, 04:51:48 PM »
i think that's close to it, but actually, i thought he could channel into any object (just like gambit= innanimate objects)
he can channel his power through it, so technically it doesn't just have to be a sword, which means he could broaden his weaponary (he could use kama's= thin axe like thing, tanto's= daggers or fans = like MK's kitana uses or even kendo sticks)

Exactly. I didn't want to get techinical with his abilities. But notice I wrote, He's a mutant that can choose to channel his power through a sword to cut almost anything along with his fighting skills.  His mutant ability is to generate a tachyon field that he can channel through inanimate objects like stated above.  He also has a teleportation device similiar to Deadpool and was once leader of the Hand.

Offline Arkady

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #260 on: December 22, 2010, 12:39:34 AM »
sorry, i didn't mean to correct you, just wanted to share the inanimate object thing really

would be cool to see an update on him though and maybe even spiral as well

Offline yosifun

• Forum Member
« Reply #261 on: December 22, 2010, 01:41:10 AM »
I for one always thought Silver Samurai's shurikens are way too big and unrealistic, it would be nice to see him using more weaponry along with his sword.

I would really love to see a small update to Sentinel too, I really liked the concept posted here before:

Plus, it would be both ironic and awesome to beat Bastion with him :D

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #262 on: December 22, 2010, 02:16:25 AM »
Oh I forgot about that Sentinel concept!

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 16, 2024, 10:15:50 PM
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Skype - spidermew@aol.com
    • SpiderMew's House of Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #263 on: December 22, 2010, 11:15:54 AM »
Because there is a debate about what the Silver Samurai can actualy do, let me quote his powers from comicvine.

http://www.comicvine.com/silver-samurai/29-3174/
Powers
His mutant ability allows him to generate a field of tachyonic energy around his katana that allows it to cut through almost any material on earth except for adamantium. Although he is able to charge any object and use it as a weapon, he prefers his katana. The Silver Samurai is a master of Kenjutsu, the art of wielding a katana, and is an expert in the art of bushido, a martial arts master specializing in edged weapons, hand to hand combat, and tactics. He usually wears a suit of lightweight steel alloy body armor, modeled after traditional samurai armor, but made of modern protective materials. His physical abilities and skill in martial arts make him a formidable opponent. He carries a katana, shurikens, and other weaponry. He possesses a teleportation ring, granting him even greater stealth and mobility. Keniuchio has extensive knowledge of the operations of criminal organizations due to his shady past, which he now uses in the service of his government to combat such organizations. He is an expert in the history and customs of the samurai. He is also a highly skilled master of the Oriental martial arts, although his abilites do not match those of Iron Fist or Shang-Chi.

The Silver Samurai wields a traditional samurai long sword, or katana, and has previously wielded both the Black Blade of Muramasa and the Honor Sword of Clan Yashida. On occasion he uses shuriken and other traditional samurai weaponry.

"A field of tachyonic energy" eh? well what can Tachyon's do....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tachyon

Or if you dont want to hurt your brain

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tachyons_in_fiction

So Tachyon's are basicly faster then light particals.

What is fire? Fire is supercharged energy, its a plasma really.
If you could manipulate the Tachyonic field to generate them forward into time, it would superheat the particals arround it, making a burst of fire.
And if you manipulated the field to go backward in time, well it would suck all the heat and all the ambient energy away, droping things close to absolute zero, enough to make a flash freeze.

Those are a couple of ways i would use a Tachyonic Field if i could manipulate and generate one with a sword.

check this out
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 11:27:15 AM by SpiderMew »

Offline chief_justice

• Initiate
    • avengers
« Reply #264 on: December 22, 2010, 11:49:03 AM »
 :lies: SS has never created fire, lighting, or ice from his mutant power. Those pics are just how comic artists have chosen to represent the channeling of his tachyon field through his sword. Similar to how gambit can charge kinetic energy through cards or a staff or any non-living thing.  Show me any comic or any representation of SS other than MvC where he can create fire, ice, or lighting by channeling his tachyon field.

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Email
« Reply #265 on: December 22, 2010, 11:55:37 AM »
If marvel didnt want him to do that, then he wouldnt have in the game.

Sometimes it has kirbydots, sometimes it looks like fire, sometimes it looks like bluish or glowing energy or even purple.

Its a field of fictional particals, it can do whatever the heck they want.\

And as you can see form the pics in the spoiler, its shows him using it as fire, even if i showed you a pic where he was using his sword to generate a lightning like effect you would still say the same thing you said about those pics.

Also, stop comparing Silver Samurai's power's to Gambits', they are totaly differnt.

Gambit has the mutant ability to tap into the potential energy contained within an object and transform it into kinetic energy by touching it. When Gambit thus charges an object and throws it at a target, the object releases this energy explosively on contact. Gambit is unable to use this power to charge living objects. His signature object to charge is his playing cards or other small objects. He once even charged a wad of gum and spat it in the face of  X-Cutioner while he was restrained.

Offline chief_justice

• Initiate
    • avengers
« Reply #266 on: December 22, 2010, 12:04:53 PM »
Since you love quoting wikipedia: "Silver Samurai is a playable character in the Capcom fighting games X-Men: Children of the Atom and Marvel vs. Capcom 2. His mutant tachyon powers are not evident here, however, as he is seen throwing giant shurikens and his supers involve empowering his katana with elemental properties and attacks revolving around lightning, fire, and ice."

I showed the Gambit pic to illustrate that just because a character ability is shown with fire effects doesn't mean they can do that. Unless you believe Gambit can create fire as well. I understand you have no idea of what you are talking about.

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Email
« Reply #267 on: December 22, 2010, 12:24:11 PM »
I wasnt quoting wikipedia, i was quoting Comicvine.com which is a comic book based storehouse of information, like wikipedia, but comic book spicific.

No idea on what im talking about? HA! Also that gambit picture dosnt even look like he's throwing fire, its not sharp at all the energy, it's bubbly. Instead look at the pictures i posted again, see how the energy field looks like fire, see how the example you posted dosnt look like fire.

So they use his powers more creativly in the video game; its a fictional subatomic partical he generates that any good writer can explain lots of uses for.

But i can see you have no imaganation and can't think creativly at, so i can understand why you keep hyping about it.

Oh by the way, your not alloud to have more then one account, and i see you have 2.

Offline chief_justice

• Initiate
    • avengers
« Reply #268 on: December 22, 2010, 12:41:47 PM »
I wasnt quoting wikipedia, i was quoting Comicvine.com which is a comic book based storehouse of information, like wikipedia, but comic book spicific.

No idea on what im talking about? HA! Also that gambit picture dosnt even look like he's throwing fire, its not sharp at all the energy, it's bubbly. Instead look at the pictures i posted again, see how the energy field looks like fire, see how the example you posted dosnt look like fire.

So they use his powers more creativly in the video game; its a fictional subatomic partical he generates that any good writer can explain lots of uses for.

But i can see you have no imaganation and can't think creativly at, so i can understand why you keep hyping about it.

Oh by the way, your not alloud to have more then one account, and i see you have 2.

You still missed the point, but i'm not going to argue anymore after this. They did not get creative with his power, they gave him new ones all together. I guess you think he can create giant shurikens too with a tachyon field. You quoted wikipedia too, you even gave the link for it. If I did have two accounts you should know that one has been inactive for quite a while so what's your point. The bottom line is that anyone who has ever read a comic involving SS knows what he can and cannot do.  Of course creators can have wolverine spit fire and shoot repulsor rays but that doesn't mean its part of his standard abilities.

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Email
« Reply #269 on: December 22, 2010, 12:58:19 PM »
I quotied wikipedia on the subatomic partical, not the character.

The point is a "Tachyon Field," is a mcguffin of a concept that could be used in lots of ways.
You dont have to say he can generate fire, you say he generates a tachyon field, then when you have a video game, you can use that field to explain away other moves to make the character intresting for the game.

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:April 27, 2024, 07:01:29 PM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #270 on: December 22, 2010, 01:31:50 PM »
...Of course creators can have wolverine spit fire and shoot repulsor rays...

Seems that statement is true.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline ZVitor

• Section Moderator
  • Last Login:January 01, 2024, 07:22:36 PM
    • Email
« Reply #271 on: December 22, 2010, 01:36:45 PM »
only thing im sure about silver samurai revamp is to remove the giant shurikens.

Offline Slayer

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:January 09, 2016, 02:11:11 AM
« Reply #272 on: December 22, 2010, 04:31:25 PM »
Talking about revamps, Sei's concept on Sentinel seems very interesting  =P~

Offline yosifun

• Forum Member
« Reply #273 on: December 23, 2010, 01:29:36 AM »
only thing im sure about silver samurai revamp is to remove the giant shurikens.
I say don't remove them, just make them smaller so it will look more realistic.

Talking about revamps, Sei's concept on Sentinel seems very interesting  =P~
I think so too, and similar to what they did with Gambit, a new stance and maybe a new move will do wonders for that character, I volunteer to make palettes ;D

Offline yosifun

• Forum Member
« Reply #274 on: December 28, 2010, 07:07:09 AM »
Sorry for the double post (thought this was supposed to be merged with my last post).
I forgot to bring this up, but what ever happened to this AMAZING design for Psylocke? :(

IMO the face and hair look WAY better than the ones in the Second Coming release, the scarf would be a really nice touch and overall this stance suits her a lot better.
Are there any plans to improve Psylocke's sprites for the future release? [-O<

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[Today at 12:50:05 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 02, 2024, 09:44:33 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

Get permabanned! VoteKick gets fighters banned in MUGEN! (April Fools 2024) by GTFoxN6Y
[April 01, 2024, 05:25:31 PM]

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal