collapse

Author Topic: Project X Returns!  (Read 26810 times)

Offline Arkady

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 07, 2024, 06:59:20 AM
  • "Create the Un-Creatable"
Re: Project X Returns!
« Reply #175 on: October 08, 2010, 05:58:38 PM »
I want to see Mr Sinister, Scarlet Witch, Toad, the Blob and Callisto on the project!!!

awesome, some of my favorite characters, when can you start creating them???

sorry, sorry, my condescending nature, has been running wild lately

with prof x, he could have a onslaught hyper or change into him or something to give him the edge over other characters, the fact that some characters fly and other don't already makes it unfair, and having prof x in his chair (whilst not being able to jump, or crouch) makes a different approach to the characters , just make him more powerful (as he is anyways)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 06:06:58 PM by arkadyrossovitch »

Offline Tazzer

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:June 15, 2018, 06:39:36 PM
    • Email
« Reply #176 on: October 08, 2010, 07:18:43 PM »
I don't know, I kinda agree on the whole not liking Prof. X as a playable character. Reason being just thinking about the get hits, knock down, jump/super jump sprites for him just doesn't seem right at all IMO. If it gets mentioned that he can't jump at all in-game then that kinda puts him at a sever disadvantage as well, considering crouching is probably out as well. I guess we'll see how that plays out though.

Aren't they giving him the hover-chair version of his chair?  I'm only asking because, if that were the case, then couldn't he be handled similar to how Green Goblin is on his glider for his aerial stuff?  I don't think his original hover-chair could function like that...but who knows?  Perhaps Forge upgraded it for him (you know..if it has to be explained and all)?

Or maybe just have his astral form handle all jumping attacks (Kind of similar to Chizuru's illusion attacks)?   Just some ideas.   

But I do agree that if it can't be figured out in a way that works... perhaps it's best not to include him as playable.

Offline worldteacher

• Initiate
  • Last Login:February 14, 2020, 05:15:57 PM
« Reply #177 on: October 09, 2010, 12:50:22 AM »
I second the nomination for Mr. Sinister and Blob!  Though Mr. Sinister is not reputed for directly engaging in combat, his place in the stories of the X-men place him as a greater importance than a mere background character.  Also, given the mystery that constantly surrounds him, I feel like there's more room for creativity in hyper attacks and methods of assault.

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 26, 2024, 02:34:14 PM
« Reply #178 on: October 09, 2010, 01:13:30 AM »
I believe Blob might be a possibility since someone dropped by Scruffy months back with a lot of work on him done, so who knows. I don't know of anyone working on Mr. Sinister though, so feel free to give it a shot. As it's not about voting or what the members/fans wanna see, it's about who will put in the work on what character. If someone sprites him and makes him look great, I'm sure finding a coder would be no problem and he'd probably make it in the project. 'Til then though, there's no real point in anyone making wish lists.

Aren't they giving him the hover-chair version of his chair?  I'm only asking because, if that were the case, then couldn't he be handled similar to how Green Goblin is on his glider for his aerial stuff?  I don't think his original hover-chair could function like that...but who knows?  Perhaps Forge upgraded it for him (you know..if it has to be explained and all)?

Or maybe just have his astral form handle all jumping attacks (Kind of similar to Chizuru's illusion attacks)?   Just some ideas.   

But I do agree that if it can't be figured out in a way that works... perhaps it's best not to include him as playable.
Not sure how he's being worked on at all but him floating around doesn't sound too great either. I just can't think of him working in any real way aside from being some spammy projectile type character. So, I am interested in seeing how he ends up being made.

We stopped checking for monsters under our bed when we realized they were inside of us.
(click to show/hide)

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #179 on: October 09, 2010, 01:19:29 AM »
Wasn't he playable in X-Men Mutant Academy 2 in his wheelchair?

Offline C.R.O.M. - ManoloStyle

• Proud MvC3 Pet Owner - Beware my Dog's Bite - Winner of Bonus Round Page 420 LPTPW - Awesome Signatures of my MvC3 Stable Courtesy of TGM - Caution !!! Don't mess with he who wears glasses...
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 01, 2015, 10:02:57 PM
  • Proud Member of C.R.O.M. Visit My YouTube Channel
    • Visit My YouTube Channel
« Reply #180 on: October 09, 2010, 11:49:07 AM »
Sorry for the long post, but I think these could be great ideas.  :)

One of Professor X's powers is Astral Projection.

IMO...They should have him attack with his aura/ astral form, kind like ZVitor's Emma Frost.

In the X-Men animated series of the 90's he woops the X-Men's butts when he gets mind probed by Lilandra and the Dark Side of his brain is released. This happens in The Phoenix Saga Part 2 episode called The Dark Shroud. See video below. I think this can help with ideas on attack moves.

I also think that there is another episode where he goes to the Astral Plane and fights the Shadow King in his Astral battle armor suit. The episode gives testament to the Uncanny X-Men Vol 1 #117 comic where he meets the Shadow King who has possessed Amahl Farouk. This is also the story where Professor X finds Ororo (Storm) in Cairo as a child pick pocketing thief. See pics below.

The battle armor he uses to fight Shadow King could be used as a great Hyper where the background changes, much like ZVitor's Thanoseid and Professor X takes you to the Astral Plane for a can of woop@ss.

He also has training with the X-Men mentally in some sort of mental plane, besides their physical training in the Danger Room.

I think he could be a real bad@ss if you can implement some of these...  :thumbsup:

Astral Projection:

« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 11:55:39 AM by manolostyle »

Offline ratmon

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:July 23, 2019, 04:48:30 PM
    • Email
« Reply #181 on: October 09, 2010, 05:40:41 PM »
I still think he would be a waste of time, cause there is a limit for his abilities and there is hundreds of other x-men related characters that (not just me) would consider way more exciting to see in a FIGHTING game who could throw a good punch and would be easier to create.

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #182 on: October 09, 2010, 05:47:09 PM »
Good example: Toad.

In fact ... *gets to work on an idle*

Offline warecus

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 22, 2023, 01:28:41 AM
« Reply #183 on: October 10, 2010, 04:21:01 AM »
why no love for the prof, I'm sure project x has thought about all these things you said before and made it enjoyable to play with him.  Twin Image has been around a while and all the stuff yall mentioned he has already considered.  I for one am looking forward to prof and the rest of the merry mutants... peace

Offline Slayer

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:January 09, 2016, 02:11:11 AM
« Reply #184 on: October 10, 2010, 05:09:19 PM »
I still think he would be a waste of time
I think It's kind of rude to say that someone is wasting his time working on the character he chose to create.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 10:43:47 PM by Z.Fair »

Offline Nestor

• Global Moderator
  • Last Login:January 25, 2023, 11:03:24 PM
« Reply #185 on: October 10, 2010, 05:47:43 PM »
Just in case someone forgot the Project X Teaser trailer. Prof. Xavier appears in 2:28

Offline Megabyte

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:August 25, 2018, 05:26:14 AM
    • Email
« Reply #186 on: October 10, 2010, 06:11:16 PM »
In case some of you have forgotten, Prof. X has basically been revamped in the last year or 2...mostly a character restart so to speak as he was kinda rebuilt after he got him psyche shattered as a result of being shot in the head by Bishop in Messiah Complex (which was an accident...kinda ' >.>) As Exodus put his mind back together he has since recovered his ability to walk...again...and went on a mission to figure a lot about himself that was lost (a pseudo amnesia if you will) and in doing so we see him do a lot of stuff that he couldn't/wouldn't before (and a lot of stuff we didn't know he did in the past /:O) My point is that make Professor X doesn't HAVE to be limited as he can actually walk now and though he DOESN'T typically fight in the comics even now, his mental powers are being used differently now so maybe checking out what they are doing with him currently can lead to some more interesting gameplay with him...?

Offline RG op

• Initiate
  • Last Login:January 15, 2024, 05:50:37 PM
  • Disciple of Ogun
« Reply #187 on: October 10, 2010, 11:07:48 PM »
is there in internet some pictures about the Essex archangel???

Offline Tazzer

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:June 15, 2018, 06:39:36 PM
    • Email
« Reply #188 on: October 11, 2010, 12:02:59 AM »
In case some of you have forgotten, Prof. X has basically been revamped in the last year or 2...mostly a character restart so to speak as he was kinda rebuilt after he got him psyche shattered as a result of being shot in the head by Bishop in Messiah Complex (which was an accident...kinda ' >.>) As Exodus put his mind back together he has since recovered his ability to walk...again...and went on a mission to figure a lot about himself that was lost (a pseudo amnesia if you will) and in doing so we see him do a lot of stuff that he couldn't/wouldn't before (and a lot of stuff we didn't know he did in the past /:O) My point is that make Professor X doesn't HAVE to be limited as he can actually walk now and though he DOESN'T typically fight in the comics even now, his mental powers are being used differently now so maybe checking out what they are doing with him currently can lead to some more interesting gameplay with him...?

I had thought about that too.  I didn't say anything though, because I didn't know what time period in the X-Men continuity this game was meant to be in.   I figured that the PX team members were already aware of this information and that there was a specific reason they had him wheelchair bound.

However, if there is no such reason... then I don't see why they couldn't include him as a walking/ducking/jumping character.  Because your idea would work very well.

Offline Twinimage

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 06, 2020, 01:45:48 PM
« Reply #189 on: October 12, 2010, 10:43:45 AM »
Professor Xavier's attacks have already been well implemented, in his wheelchair, in a way that works. So just wait till you see my preview trailer of him. Any special or hyper ideas are definitely welcome though. ;)

EDIT: And NO, he will not be a beam projectile spamming character. Way too many characters use beam attacks for lack of creativity and move ideas. He will have one projectile, but only one and that's it. I'm even considering changing it to something else similar.

Any ideas of a good base for a suit of armor? Preferably one that isn't too big or muscular.

- Twin

Offline RG op

• Initiate
  • Last Login:January 15, 2024, 05:50:37 PM
  • Disciple of Ogun
« Reply #190 on: October 12, 2010, 03:01:34 PM »
haha cool, the astral proyection battle of xavier and emma looks so good xd
pd: its true that there will be an angel in this game?, maybe the apocalypse one? (i think it was an eternal lie anyway xd)

Offline ryo123

• Last Login:February 12, 2014, 10:41:23 PM
    • Email
« Reply #191 on: October 22, 2010, 06:48:14 PM »
Hey Zvitor, I really like your work and I think its fantastic  ^:)^ but I just think your hyper portrait for Cyclops is a bit "flat" so instead of just complaining about it I decided to make this.

Feel free to do what ever you want with this

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #192 on: October 22, 2010, 06:54:20 PM »
Way too many characters use beam attacks for lack of creativity and move ideas...

Wait, I thought we all agreed to give Nightcrawler a few lazer beam attacks?  ;)

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:April 27, 2024, 07:01:29 PM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #193 on: October 22, 2010, 06:59:34 PM »
Wait, I thought we all agreed to give Nightcrawler a few lazer beam attacks?  ;)

Yeah dude, I mean Wolverine totally had that lazer claw attack in the X-men Beat'em UP right? lol
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline ZVitor

• Section Moderator
  • Last Login:January 01, 2024, 07:22:36 PM
    • Email
« Reply #194 on: October 25, 2010, 09:26:19 PM »
any ideia/concept to one wolverine stage?

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #195 on: October 25, 2010, 09:48:51 PM »
any ideia/concept to one wolverine stage?
I had some

1.) A bar
2.) A torn up Weapon X lab
3.) a forest (like in the X-Men movies)

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 26, 2024, 02:34:14 PM
« Reply #196 on: October 25, 2010, 10:01:18 PM »
Or a bar within the Weapon X lab but it's all torn up and a wall is missing, so you can see there's a big forest outside. :thumbsup:

We stopped checking for monsters under our bed when we realized they were inside of us.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #197 on: October 25, 2010, 10:07:58 PM »
Or a bar within the Weapon X lab but it's all torn up and a wall is missing, so you can see there's a big forest outside. :thumbsup:
A bar...in the weapon x lab? /:O   GREAT!!!! are they accepting applications cause that sounds like the best job in da world to work at.  :D

Offline ZVitor

• Section Moderator
  • Last Login:January 01, 2024, 07:22:36 PM
    • Email
« Reply #198 on: October 26, 2010, 07:44:42 AM »
lol
batzarro stage ftw!

Offline Arkady

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 07, 2024, 06:59:20 AM
  • "Create the Un-Creatable"
« Reply #199 on: October 26, 2010, 09:25:30 AM »
or deadpool tending the bar????

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Neon Light Force Demo by O Ilusionista
[May 06, 2024, 11:54:23 AM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 02, 2024, 09:44:33 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

Get permabanned! VoteKick gets fighters banned in MUGEN! (April Fools 2024) by GTFoxN6Y
[April 01, 2024, 05:25:31 PM]

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal