collapse

Author Topic: 360 just died (I think)  (Read 447 times)

Offline xPreatorianx

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 08, 2023, 09:35:27 PM
  • I'm done you know where to find me. Click my sig.
    • Deviant-Generation
360 just died (I think)
« on: September 09, 2009, 09:24:27 PM »
My 360 literally just crapped out.I just got done trying out L4D and when I put it in I got through the beginning cutscene. Well after the cutscene it started to load the menu then my 360 Froze and glitched out. I had different color pixels on the screen all in patches. Kinda like an overheating issue on a PC. So I turned it off tried a new game and still the same old crap. So I unhooked all the cables and waited 15 minutes for it to cool off and tried it again. I got into a game played for 5 minutes and then the same crap again. So now im contemplating an Xclamp fix to see if that will fix it. But the Xclamp fix is only for the RROD. But alot of people have said that this glitch happens and then it Red rings. So im waiting on some people on another forum to give me some suggestions.

But worse case scenario I will be asking for a new 360 on my B-day. So hopefully it will either get fixed or its gonna be a hell of a wait till my birthday with all the new games coming out.

Damnit I may miss playing Halo 3 : ODST!

So yea... Really really sucks.

Offline Playing Enemy

• Portrait & Screenpack Creator
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:December 26, 2018, 03:59:17 PM
  • THE HARD GOODBYE
    • Royalty7 - The best decision I ever made
    • Email
Re: 360 just died (I think)
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 09:31:50 PM »
I can definitely confirm that the glitchy pixels is a soon to be case of the 3RROD. I know...it sucks. That's exactly what happened to me with my xbox, and I had to xclamp it, and heat gun it, and it's running like a champ now. It almost seems as if it's running better now than it ever has before. Good luck with everything though. Just make sure if you do do the xclamp fix that you use Arctic Silver 5 thermal paste, and if you are doing the heat gun trick, do each side 4-5 minutes. I did mine for 6 minutes each side, but my heat gun kind of sucks.

"Maybe I am what they say I am.  A maniac...a psycho killer."

Offline xPreatorianx

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Deviant-Generation
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 09:55:48 PM »
KK yea.. Im gonna try the Xclamp fix. How much is a heat gun? I don't have one at all. Also my room is about 85 degree's F right now so thats why im gonna get up tomorrow at about 6am and try it again. Maybe its just overheating. So im gonna keep my fans in the room on all night and wake up real early to try it again. If it still does it then as my last resort im gonna do the Xclamp fix. I did notice by looking around on the net that M$ put an ungodly amount of thermal paste on the CPU and GPU. It actually covers some of the circuits on the motherboard.

So I think M$ basically used a machine to build the entire 360 instead of doing it by hand with a human worker. Everyone who has any clue about computers knows you are not supposed to put more then a pea sized drop of thermal paste onto a GPU and CPU. SO they really screwed up with that.

Plus don't even get me started on the XClamps themselves.

Offline BigJ

• Contributor
  • Last Login:March 25, 2015, 02:28:49 PM
    • BigJ's Mugen site
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009, 05:54:25 PM »
Same thing happened to me when CoD: WaW came out. I played it so much that I got 3RRoDs. Luckily I was able to get it fixed for free. Got it back in about 2 weeks. Try and find out if you can get it fixed for free. Give Microsoft a call.

Online Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:Today at 07:01:29 PM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2009, 07:16:25 PM »
Man not cool dude. I love to run L4D and already have ODST fully pre-paided.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline The 4th Summers Brother

• Initiate
  • Last Login:December 11, 2015, 10:17:11 PM
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2009, 07:32:20 PM »
That sucks man. On another note, does anyones 360 eat games? I get the can't read disc error often and sometimes it f's up my disc. Not all the time but it's still annoying. It kind of makes the grinding noises before it crashes.

Offline xPreatorianx

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Deviant-Generation
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2009, 08:08:35 PM »
Sounds like your disk drive is going bad. Its probably the laser. look on the net for a laser fix. I found some awhile ago just browsing.

Also I cannot get it fixed for free from M$. Im not gonna go into why but that is a no go for me no matter what. Legally or otherwise because I have had this for so long.

Man not cool dude. I love to run L4D and already have ODST fully pre-paided.

Dude please don't mention ODST. I have been waiting for it to hit for ages now. So im really bummed that im not gonna be able to play it for awhile.

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:February 04, 2024, 12:00:37 AM
  • "Why not fight for Earthrealm?"
    • My Creations
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2009, 10:36:49 PM »
You can't just send it in to Microsoft?

Offline Sub-Zero

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 18, 2010, 11:11:29 PM
  • When i move throught the Ghetto i drive slow
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2009, 11:24:13 PM »
http://www.crazedconcepts.com/categories/Game-Systems/Xbox360/

dont do x clamp its only a temp fix

if microsoft tries to fck u over

Offline xPreatorianx

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Deviant-Generation
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2009, 11:48:15 PM »
Cheers sub zero but Xclamp will fix it long enough for me to enjoy acouple of games and get up some money for an actual detailed repair. So for the time being the Xclamp is the only solution for me.

@Atice I explained why I cannot send it to M$ but if you need exact details PM me.

EDIT : Plus with the Xclamp fix you also re-apply thermal paste which can also contribute to alot of errors. Alot of people who I have talked to who repair 360's for a small business, have told me that I need to reflow the GPU. Which means to heat it up to I guess secure it back to the mobo. So im gonna do the Xclamp fix and reflow the GPU at the same time.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 12:27:45 AM by xPreatorianx »

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 [27]
28 29 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal