collapse

Author Topic: how to beat Symbiote Onslaught  (Read 3067 times)

Offline ZVitor

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 01, 2024, 07:22:36 PM
    • Email
how to beat Symbiote Onslaught
« on: August 17, 2009, 08:01:25 AM »
Post your technics to beat EoH boss, later it will be added to first post and will help us to make a guide to all EoH chars.
note: you can post even if your favorite char already in list.

---- Beast ----

Acey:
- Charge back, Forward MK will bring you in close and push Beast into the air. Since you;re in the air after the first hit you'll be in a perfect sport to start your air combo, try to get in the HK alot and even throw it in while on the ground a few times. Keep this up while using the techniques above as well. Typically don't be the first to attack, wait for SO to throw out the Sentinels then do the B,F,MK speical move to avoid it bombs and get your hits in. This should also push up your combo bar for the second form. Use the D,B, 2 Kicks hyper on the second form as much as you can and otherwise just aim for the head with Hard Kicks.

---- Cable ----

Ground The Fox:
 - For the first form, I get close to him, I crouch and I press Low , Medium  and High , for some reason he will not be attacking me, he will just try to defend, I keep doing the technique until the second form and the special bar will be full, I jump backward and I use Hyper Viper Beam 3 times, when the special bar is empty, I just use Viper Beam and keep avoiding his attacks, it's a little hard but it's the easier way I could find and it worked

---- Crashman ----

Laspacho:
 - Vary Shoulder missiles and crash bomb.  Block when necessary.
You'll build up your hyper meeter quickly enough. Then use the Crash Bomb barrage hyper and repeat for the win.

---- Human Torch ----

Acey:
- First Form: Start out the match with a few fast fire balls, and you can even set a few ground fire traps while super jumping to avoid Symbiote Onslaught, eventually you'll end up in a sweet spot right in front of SO (or right behind) where you can start your rapid punch. At the point SO is as good as dead. Of course he'll block the entire time but you can take quick seconds to breath which will cause him to unblock, then you'll connect a few HP as you start the Rapid Punch up again. Even though you do this SO will still throw Sentinels at you so make sure you stop Rapid Punching in time to block those. Other attacks will miss Human Torch all together while Rapid Punching and is SO does a hyper then just follow the Genereal guide above to avoid them.
- Second Form: You should have built up your Hyper bar by now, do your Nova Blast Hyper as much as possible, other than that standing Hard Kicks should do the trick.

---- Metalman ----

Laspacho:
- Vary HP throw blade and  :2 :3 :6 HK Blade standing in the far left corner.  Block when necessary.
You'll build up your hyper meeter quickly enough.  Then use the  :2 :3 :6 2x :bp  Blade barrage Hyper.  Repeat until you win.

---- Mr Fantastic ----

ZVitor:
- First Form, use basic stand combos and Propeller Arm, if you are not close to him, only effective attack should be Fantas-Tech - Ion Blaster, use run to slide in ground to avoid powerful atacks and the mini sentinel attacks. Dont use hypers, you will need that later.
- Second Form, Reed only have one good attack here, the satelite beam, try get close and use it, if you dont have power enough use air basics in heads to fill power bar.

---- Miss Marvel ----

ZVitor:
- First Form, Miss Marvel have some effectives far attacks, but here you should use Solar Orb to link with basics combos, shoud be a fast win.
- Second Form, now the hard part, she dont have a special or hyper to do high damage against him, use Hyper Beam only if you are sure his head is down enough to be hit, get close and use Prism Blast in position bellow his head, Binary and Fly can be use to hit his head too, but should be fasts attacks because in that modes you will be vunerable to take high damages, the safe way is defend and use Energy Blade.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 05:44:52 PM by zvitor »

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
Re: how to beat Symbiote Onslaught
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 10:30:01 AM »
==General Symbiot Onslaught-isms==
1) When the sentinels are shot out to drop those air projectiles do the following:
* if you're far away from Symbiote Onslaught (SO) you can time a dash to go right under then and avoid getting hit, this puts you in a perfect possition to combo Onslaught.
* If you're close to SO, dependng on the character, your only choice may be to block (a few will let you teleport or dash to the other side as well). As you block, about 50% of the time SO will push you away with some symbiote goo from his chest or the Symbiote venom attack jumping off the head. Then you'll be poised to repeat the "far away" action listed above.

2) When SO does the hyper where he launches various Symbiotes at you the best trick is to move to the side of the screen where the attack is comming from and continue in that direction until you are as far as the game will let you go. You might want to use Super jumps to get over there. Then again you have teo options, you can either continue to block and most attacks will miss you, or you can time super jumps to avoid the attacks all together although this can be difficult yet rewarding.

3) For those fighters with projectiles, you should be launching them at SO every chance you get but remember, the further away from SO you are, the more vulnerable you are as well.

4) The Green orbs that will grab you and bring you closer are tricky, you can avoid them with Super Jumps and projectiles, but some characters has no efective projectile so all you can do it evade them, which is crutial. Super Jump away as they get low enough and typically only one will follow you which you can continue to evade.

5) The most effective way to attack SO is with the classic LP,LK,MP,MK,HP or HK combos, make sure which ever combo you use those you're making it all the way to hard hits because you need to do damange to this guy. Even better is to do these as air combos relentlessly (jump combo, jump combo) until SO forces you to block and pushes you away. He still has some tricks to hit you regardless (e.g. Red Beam hyper) but as long as you;re fast on your toes you can still block these.

6) Save those hyper attacks for the second form, you don't "need" it on the first form. All characters except Zangief has a good hytper to attack SO with some type of massive projectile (either body projectile or a beam or just a projectile of some kind) which are always great against an opponent who can not block.

--Beast--
* Charge back, Forward MK will bring you in close and push Beast into the air. Since you;re in the air after the first hit you'll be in a perfect sport to start your air combo, try to get in the HK alot and even throw it in while on the ground a few times. Keep this up while using the techniques above as well. Typically don't be the first to attack, wait for SO to throw out the Sentinels then do the B,F,MK speical move to avoid it bombs and get your hits in. This should also push up your combo bar for the second form. Use the D,B, 2 Kicks hyper on the second form as much as you can and otherwise just aim for the head with Hard Kicks.

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:February 23, 2014, 07:33:54 PM
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 04:52:48 AM »
wolvenom's wall jump is incredibly useful, as he can hold onto the wall, allowing most attacks to miss him and giving him an opporunity to jump close.

also, metal man can spam all of his projectiles for an easy win, and jeda's basic magic series and saw blade combos totally devistate.

Offline Irockz

• Initiate
  • Last Login:September 28, 2014, 12:24:37 PM
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2009, 12:20:44 PM »
Human torch one needed.

--Irockz: For the love of god, he can't sprite!--

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 10:13:08 PM »
---- Human Torch ----

Acey:
- First Form: Start out the match with a few fast fire balls, and you can even set a few ground fire traps while super jumping to avoid Symbiote Onslaught, eventually you'll end up in a sweet spot right in front of SO (or right behind) where you can start your rapid punch. At the point SO is as good as dead. Of course he'll block the entire time but you can take quick seconds to breath which will cause him to unblock, then you'll connect a few HP as you start the Rapid Punch up again. Even though you do this SO will still throw Sentinels at you so make sure you stop Rapid Punching in time to block those. Other attacks will miss Human Torch all together while Rapid Punching and is SO does a hyper then just follow the Genereal guide above to avoid them.
- Second Form: You should have built up your Hyper bar by now, do your Nova Blast Hyper as much as possible, other than that standing Hard Kicks should do the trick.

Offline I_Burner

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:January 29, 2012, 05:08:52 AM
  • Avy by Hollow Boy aka C.D.
    • Burnt M.U.G.E.N.
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2009, 10:41:01 PM »
Some general strategies I've used:

- First form: try to get in close and go for crouching combos, while looking out for the Sentinel attack or his big beam-type attack. I've found that mashing on the L and M basics wile crouching with many characters can knock SO out of most of his other attacks. It's not foolproof, and doesn't work with every character (i.e. Hulk).

- Second form: If you've got projectiles, use 'em. Projectile-type hypers (especially aerial ones) will usually make short work of him. Characters with an aerial projectile that fires at an angle downward (Sentry, Morrigan) can super jump over him and largely stay out of harms way while pelting him. Otherwise, go for well-timed aerial combos on his head, or possibly well-placed standing attacks depending on the character. Some characters will have a much easier time with him than others (*cough*Sentinel*cough*).

When I have a little more time, I'll post some character specifics (probably not until Thursday - going to be pretty tied up with shopping for a new car til then).

Offline LameLikeMike

• Initiate
  • Last Login:June 13, 2011, 01:10:40 AM
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2009, 01:54:42 PM »
retry over and over until you random symbiote onslaught.   :'(

Offline laspacho

• RMM Project Leader
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:March 28, 2024, 08:32:38 AM
  • Robot Master
    • Infinity Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2009, 04:16:50 PM »
Metalman
Vary H :bp throw blade and  :2 :3 :6 H :bk Blade standing in the far left corner.  Block when necessary.
You'll build up your hyper meeter quickly enough.  Then use the  :2 :3 :6 2 :bp  Blade barrage Hyper.  Repeat until you win.

Crashman
Vary Shoulder missiles and crash bomb.  Block when necessary.
You'll build up your hyper meeter quickly enough. Then use the Crash Bomb barrage hyper and repeat for the win.

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 12:04:14 PM
    • Little Infinity
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2009, 05:35:26 PM »
I would like the submit My own.

Defeat S.O with all characters - Press the F1 key on your keyboard.

Come Chat with Us @ IMT_MUGEN_TEAM chat group - The greatest Hangout for all Mugen related Discussions.
(click to show/hide)

I don't Always browse Mugen Forums but when i do i browse Infinity. - Anthony

Offline laspacho

• RMM Project Leader
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:March 28, 2024, 08:32:38 AM
  • Robot Master
    • Infinity Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2009, 05:48:19 PM »
I would like the submit My own.

Defeat S.O with all characters - Press the F1 key on your keyboard.

:D

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2009, 05:14:38 PM »
Later versions of EoH has that option turned off...

Offline Tundra

• Co-Founder/Former Member of the Infinity Deviants
  • Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:October 25, 2022, 06:44:52 PM
  • SHEESH!!!
    • Wavy_Lamborghini
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2009, 09:49:03 PM »
SPAM thats the best option.

Offline MaverickZr0

• S-Rank
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:November 25, 2016, 02:18:47 AM
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2009, 10:19:43 PM »
I use this technique I like to call the "Lp infinite".

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2009, 09:08:26 AM »
I use this technique I like to call the "Lp infinite".

With who though since they're all being removed one by one?

Offline Jesuscroid

• Nips
  • Initiate
  • Last Login:October 03, 2012, 12:36:51 PM
  • Nips
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2009, 01:32:24 PM »
I have a technique with Cable, as I remember, for the first form, I get close to him, I crouch and I press Low :bk, Medium :bk and High :bp, for some reason he will not be attacking me, he will just try to defend, I keep doing the technique until the second form and the special bar will be full, I jump backward and I use Hyper Viper Beam 3 times, when the special bar is empty, I just use Viper Beam and keep avoiding his attacks, it's a little hard but it's the easier way I could find and it worked

Offline Worksa8

• Rocket Punch!
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:June 13, 2021, 01:19:25 PM
  • Rocket Punch!
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2009, 07:00:15 PM »
I have a technique for cable-
Spam like there is no tomorrow. That's why he exists isn't it? xD

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

SPIDER-VERSE THE AMAZING MUGENSTORY©EPISODE 10 "THE OTHERVERSE" 1080P BY REB3LTV by Rage
[March 27, 2024, 02:44:21 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[March 24, 2024, 11:09:37 AM]

Tree Of Erebus Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[March 22, 2024, 08:13:48 AM]

.Batzarro's. Sprite Edits by MatreroG
[March 20, 2024, 07:58:08 AM]

World Heroes 2 Shura Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[March 19, 2024, 12:44:28 PM]

MOVED: Prepare your ****! ***** Soldier gets his **** ready in MUGEN! by Rage
[March 18, 2024, 11:08:23 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista