collapse

Author Topic: Street Fighter 4 hero  (Read 1282 times)

Offline celobateira

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:November 07, 2016, 03:29:37 PM
    • Email
Street Fighter 4 hero
« on: July 14, 2009, 02:44:23 PM »
Hi guys... I'm just wondering... who is the SF4 hero? Ryu?

Did anyone in CAPCOM made a statement about this?

I read somewhere that each SF game had a hero...

SF1 - Ryu
SF2 - Guile
SF3 - Alex
SF4 - ???

No one dies virgin, life f..k us all

Offline Tundra

• Co-Founder/Former Member of the Infinity Deviants
  • Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:April 11, 2024, 08:24:14 PM
  • SHEESH!!!
    • Wavy_Lamborghini
    • Email
Re: Street Fighter 4 hero
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 03:00:29 PM »
Yeah! Thats true... If you notic in Tatsunoko vs Capcom eahc Capcom char came from their respective game. Cept Chunli was the hero in SF2 and the hero in SF4 in my opinion would be C.Viper.

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:February 23, 2014, 07:33:54 PM
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 03:33:56 PM »
Rufus!

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 03:36:42 PM »
SF1 is Ryu and SF3 is Alex. It's more the main characters rather than "hero" though. SF2 had no offical "hero" or main character. If I'm wrong, find the quote and post it up.

I was thinking about this today actually. SFiv seems to have no main "hero" either.

Offline Yung Kratos

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 27, 2012, 12:49:15 AM
  • Some mothaf***as always Tryna iceskate uphill
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 03:40:21 PM »
its Abel
(click to show/hide)

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 04:48:23 PM »
Finding canonity in stories to fighting games is just stupid. Its what ruined Tekken, and almost ruined SF with SF3.

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2009, 06:00:15 PM »
SFIII had a story?

Offline Error Macro

• Never finishes anything
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 30, 2022, 05:37:56 AM
    • :)
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2009, 06:02:04 PM »

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 19, 2016, 06:01:36 PM
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2009, 06:52:29 PM »
the only sf game that had a hero for sure was sf1 and that was ryu. sf3 didnt really have a hero because though it had a story it was more of just put together characters if you think about it. Alex did have the deepest story though so i can see why they would consider him to be the hero though he was not. in sf2 guile had the deepest story so i can see why he would be thought of as a hero. i think though that guile appeared to be more of a hero than alex did because guile went out for revenge on bison for what he did to charlie and he went through a lot to get to that point even beat ken masters in the process but fought bison and of course he lost but they put an end to shadowloo in the process. teres more to that story but ill cut it short before i write an entire paragraph. but sf4 doesnt really have a hero...just more plotting and twist and turns and nothing too major going on still. its kind of like watching a dbz episode at the beginning of the saga where stuff happens but nothing climatic is happening yet.....just stuff brewing

SIG BY AKEME & ROSALINA BY LG

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2009, 07:32:11 PM »
I know Wikipedia is only as good as the source, and the Wiki sorces well that Alex is the main character of SF III.

Offline The Notic

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:March 30, 2017, 10:27:21 PM
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2009, 07:50:45 PM »
It's El Fuerte!

:thumbsup:

Coming 2099.

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2009, 08:05:55 PM »
the only sf game that had a hero for sure was sf1 and that was ryu. sf3 didnt really have a hero because though it had a story it was more of just put together characters if you think about it. Alex did have the deepest story though so i can see why they would consider him to be the hero though he was not. in sf2 guile had the deepest story so i can see why he would be thought of as a hero. i think though that guile appeared to be more of a hero than alex did because guile went out for revenge on bison for what he did to charlie and he went through a lot to get to that point even beat ken masters in the process but fought bison and of course he lost but they put an end to shadowloo in the process. teres more to that story but ill cut it short before i write an entire paragraph. but sf4 doesnt really have a hero...just more plotting and twist and turns and nothing too major going on still. its kind of like watching a dbz episode at the beginning of the saga where stuff happens but nothing climatic is happening yet.....just stuff brewing
I think Guile was a great factor in the story of the Bison arc, but I think Chun-Li's story was kind of the same.

Guile - Air Force - Revenge for best friends death
Chun-Li - Interpol - Revenge for fathers death

Even in SF4, Chun-Li's intro starts out her search with Guile. So I can't really say there is a main character in SF2. The sequels didn't even focus off either Guiles or Chun-Li's endings, but just make hints. In SF4, Guile leaves his family again to fight Bison, and when Ken beats Chun-Li he says "weren't you supposed to live a normal life" considering that was going to be her ending. Everybody knows Akuma was the one that beat Bison in SF2.

So my answer is SF2 didn't have a main hero. KOF is a series that always seems to announce main heros and such, but SF2 SFA, and SF4 go off on more of a heros vs villains thing. They tried to do away with 80% of the cast in SF3 and make Alex the main character, but it just didn't work out. Now Tekken is the opposite of SF2, rather then having several characters endings happen, each game goes off one ending. From what we know, Heihachi wasn't in Tekkens 5th tournament at all. He was buried under a ton of Jacks. With Capcom though. Capcom can be serious at times, but then sometimes they can be goofy, like when they put Akuma in the X-Men game.

Offline Near

• Contributor
  • Last Login:June 01, 2018, 09:00:45 AM
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2009, 10:06:21 PM »
Finding canonity in stories to fighting games is just stupid. Its what ruined Tekken, and almost ruined SF with SF3.

KoF series and Soul Calibur are the best in that ;)
Sorry for my poor english but i'm italian... :P

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 19, 2016, 06:01:36 PM
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2009, 10:46:12 PM »
I know Wikipedia is only as good as the source, and the Wiki sorces well that Alex is the main character of SF III.
wiki is sometimes a good source but as far as sf its better to go the originators of it all which are the Japanese. wiki doesnt have much accuracy to it when it comes to sf though some of what they say is true.

SIG BY AKEME & ROSALINA BY LG

Offline .:K.I.N.G:.

• King &
  • Global Moderator
  • Last Login:May 16, 2013, 07:18:26 PM
  • Accepting All Challenges
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2009, 05:21:28 AM »
sf4 main character is able, he also has something to do seth's (the final boss) story.
I'm a Dude Playing a Dude, Disguised as Another Dude

Offline celobateira

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2009, 07:32:06 AM »

I think I saw that too... seeing the replies here the only thing we can agree is that Ryu was the main hero on SF1

in the other games, there's a few fighters who has a good ending story and one of them could be the main fighter...

Although I read somewhere that Guile was indeed the SF2 hero, your points are good and maybe there is no hero

on SF series, which is a good strategy in my opinion

• King &
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2009, 07:45:12 AM »
same happens in kof and probably every other fighting game as well, that's how they refresh the games story lines and overall experience.

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2009, 09:59:33 PM »
does a fighting game truly need a main character?

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2009, 10:20:53 PM »
same happens in kof and probably every other fighting game as well, that's how they refresh the games story lines and overall experience.
Virtua Fighter

Offline celobateira

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2009, 10:44:34 PM »
does a fighting game truly need a main character?

don't know... maybe because the storyline needs a main char  :-??

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2009, 02:25:56 AM »
I then must ask if a fighting game really needs a storyline deep enough to require a main character.

• King &
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2009, 04:18:29 AM »
Virtua Fighter
yeah, vf games don't have a main story but vf4 had goh as the main character, vf5 main character was El Blaze (he works only as a new challenger imo) vf5-r introduced a proper main character which is Jean Kujo, they even made kage maru win the 2nd Virtua Fighter (vf2) in the actual story line of the game and he wasn't the main character of vf2.

@Tenspeed: yeah i think fighting games need a story line of some sort, i mean without that they would be a bit lame and better played at the arcades rather than home consoles, as for the main character i think they need a new main character every new game, it would be boring if you get to see same hero as the hero over and over again..some character are knowing to be he all time heroes of certain games like ryu, kyo, and akira which means they can't be removed.

Offline Yung Kratos

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 27, 2012, 12:49:15 AM
  • Some mothaf***as always Tryna iceskate uphill
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2009, 04:52:23 PM »
 ^^(PM)^

But really i think us fans of the fighting genre need to stop saying "oh its a fighting game, sucky story comes with the territory" i dont think we should have to ask questions like who is the main character of the game we should know it should be very evident within the game and not something we have to wait for capcom to make a statement on, or like with tekken have to wait untill the next fikkin game comes out to find out whos ending was real.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2009, 10:06:56 PM »
I just don't feel that it's entirely needed. I mean, sure, lets get your basic "this guy is an bunghole for various reasons, and he's having a tournament, here's eight people that want to kick his has for different reasons" or "this company is holding a tournament and inviting all the world's strongest fighters to participate, but tehy're really up to some evil crap and the tournament is just a cover up." I think that's really the gist, anything more than that is overly complicated.

for example, does anyone actually understand what's going on in the story of the rival schools games, or guilty gear? cause I'd love to be clued in.

• King &
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2009, 10:13:17 PM »
I just don't feel that it's entirely needed. I mean, sure, lets get your basic "this guy is an bunghole for various reasons, and he's having a tournament, here's eight people that want to kick his has for different reasons" or "this company is holding a tournament and inviting all the world's strongest fighters to participate, but tehy're really up to some evil sh*t and the tournament is just a cover up." I think that's really the gist, anything more than that is overly complicated.

for example, does anyone actually understand what's going on in the story of the rival schools games, or guilty gear? cause I'd love to be clued in.
rival schools had a lot of confrontation cut scenes/conversation, the game wasn't really short on the story part (in the home versions that is), i never really got into GG so i wouldn't know much regarding it's story.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.