collapse

Author Topic: Marvel Vs Capcom: Eternity of Heroes--QA thread  (Read 9503 times)

Offline Irockz

• Initiate
  • Last Login:September 28, 2014, 12:24:37 PM
Re: Marvel Vs Capcom: Eternity of Heroes--QA thread
« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2009, 09:22:53 AM »
got a question. have all characters been decided?

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2009, 10:39:53 AM »
For the next release, yes. After that you never know what might happen.  :-??

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 28, 2024, 08:19:22 PM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2009, 09:05:49 PM »
I counted 50 somting character for the games but i hear 100 charcters so wat is the roster?

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline DarkMoon

• Last Login:April 19, 2018, 07:48:11 PM
« Reply #53 on: September 17, 2009, 10:51:06 PM »
I have a question but it going be more of a request question. I remember IMT release soundtracks for EoH but I can't able to find it anywhere even on search. I'm looking for character stage theme like Incredible Hulk, Captain Commando, Spider-Man, etc.

A big thanks for anyone responds and able to let me receive it. I needed songs like those while I'm playing on online games for me to relax.

Offline laspacho

• RMM Project Leader
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:March 28, 2024, 08:32:38 AM
  • Robot Master
    • Infinity Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: September 19, 2009, 01:30:53 PM »
I have a question but it going be more of a request question. I remember IMT release soundtracks for EoH but I can't able to find it anywhere even on search. I'm looking for character stage theme like Incredible Hulk, Captain Commando, Spider-Man, etc.

A big thanks for anyone responds and able to let me receive it. I needed songs like those while I'm playing on online games for me to relax.

;)
http://www.infinitymugenteam.com/Forum_345/index.php?topic=23337.0

Offline The Question

• A=A
  • Initiate
  • Last Login:December 21, 2015, 04:31:40 AM
  • 1... 2... STRIKE!
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2010, 06:02:16 PM »
I have a question...  :|

Anyway, I was wondering why are you letting characters in with Infinite combos? Why not build a roster that keeps balanced characters or at least some other factor that keeps a degree of equilibrium between players?

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 28, 2024, 08:19:22 PM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2010, 06:18:21 PM »
I counted 50 somting character for the games but i hear 100 charcters so wat is the roster?

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2010, 06:20:14 PM »
I have a question...  :|

Anyway, I was wondering why are you letting characters in with Infinite combos? Why not build a roster that keeps balanced characters or at least some other factor that keeps a degree of equilibrium between players?

It's a valid questions. Well, we prefer to fix rather than delete. One thing that needs to be understood in the mugen world is that no matter what the character is, no matter who the creator is, they will need to go through multiple revisions to become a quality finished product. So if we simply removed characters who turned out to have Infinite combos, rather than fixing the infinites, then there wouldn't ever be much of a game. Technically, infinites are simple to fix, once they are located and we continue to invite everyone to keep on searching for items like infinites that would hinder game play. Also, Capcom themselves still are unable to guard against every infinite that could possible end up in a game, so I still think it's a pretty big effort we're giving int he first place to try and reduce infinites till they are virtually removed. We have the luxury of having a non commercial product that we can do virtually what ever we want with. Capcom doesn't have that luxury. Look on youtube for infinites from any of Capcoms most recent fighting game and you'll see that they exist and there is nothing Capcom can do about it now that everyone ownes the game. But at this forum, we could make updates for every single infinite as we please and no one is hurt in the process, no one has to pay for a new version of the game every week. I hope this explaination help you to understand why we do what we do.

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: March 09, 2010, 06:26:09 PM »

The last release had 84 characters on screen... so there is part of your answer.  ;)

Offline The Question

• A=A
  • Initiate
  • Last Login:December 21, 2015, 04:31:40 AM
  • 1... 2... STRIKE!
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: March 09, 2010, 06:26:50 PM »
It certainly has. But I do have one more QUESTION...  8=|

Now I know that you are reducing the infinites (+2 for that  :) ) but are you also trying to reduce the Tiers, I mean, evening up the characters as you reduce the infinites?

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #60 on: March 09, 2010, 06:42:28 PM »
It certainly has. But I do have one more QUESTION...  8=|

Now I know that you are reducing the infinites (+2 for that  :) ) but are you also trying to reduce the Tiers, I mean, evening up the characters as you reduce the infinites?

Short answer: yes
Long answer: We do what we can considering this is a part time hobby. It helps when someone makes a character with balance in mind in the first place to avoid all the little problems that can be created within a mugen character. We have built some pretty good material for developers to try and reduce problems at the outset but even then, any custom attack can be made to be inadvertantly unfair.

Sometime the tiers are a guess and check as well. We don't want every character to play exactly the same of course so we change up launch velocities, speed, timing, variety of attacks, etc while still trying to match the original concept of the Marvel/Capcom character that the fans know and love. Fortunately we do have the well known tiers of MvC2 to help us from repeating past mistakes (sometimes), but even when you fix one problem, you might be creating another.

There is a road towards an equal game play system, which includes alot of forsight, planning and experience, but since we were all literally brand new to this entire concept of making a huge fighting game back when we started this process we missed that road by a few miles (which we didn't mind at the time since we were having fun anyways) and are now pushing back towards that path. Fortunately this expereince is being used in the two newer game projects, Megaman and Batman to start off on a more structured path.

Offline zombiejerky

• Initiate
  • Last Login:November 18, 2019, 10:08:33 PM
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2010, 12:06:26 AM »
Im not so sure if balancing all the characters is a good idea ,but I do think improving the low tier and middle tier roster would be best   for the game. If all the roster was great, Sentinal might not be so hated.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

SPIDER-VERSE THE AMAZING MUGENSTORY©EPISODE 10 "THE OTHERVERSE" 1080P BY REB3LTV by Rage
[March 27, 2024, 02:44:21 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[March 24, 2024, 11:09:37 AM]

Tree Of Erebus Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[March 22, 2024, 08:13:48 AM]

.Batzarro's. Sprite Edits by MatreroG
[March 20, 2024, 07:58:08 AM]

World Heroes 2 Shura Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[March 19, 2024, 12:44:28 PM]

MOVED: Prepare your ****! ***** Soldier gets his **** ready in MUGEN! by Rage
[March 18, 2024, 11:08:23 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista