collapse

Author Topic: Palette Adjusting  (Read 415 times)

Offline Russian Gestapo

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 22, 2018, 09:17:16 AM
  • I am teh Eggman.
Palette Adjusting
« on: August 24, 2007, 08:50:48 AM »
Alright, so everyone knows I've already sprited Jack and have a working palette. I know that you have to sprite the character first and then make the palette, to ensure that all the colours are in the palette. However, since I first made the palette I'm now considering adding strikers, and they will have decidedly different colours to Jack. So here are my basic questions:
  • I assume that I have to add the colours of the strikers to Jack's palette (which wouldn't be a problem, he only uses about 34 of the 256 colours).
  • If I do have to add them to Jack's palette, would it affect the character if I simply edited the palette and added the extra colours by hand? (obviously making sure that the pink background colour remains in the correct index so MUGEN will remove it) Or would I have to apply the new adjusted palette to all of the sprites I've already finished and added to the character? (I hope not, that's over 100 sprites I'd have to change)
I would be most thankful to anyone who can help me in this matter, and apologise if this has already been covered in another topic.

TomBewley

Re: Palette Adjusting
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 12:31:27 PM »
When you add them to the .sff you could make it so that the shared palette button isn't ticked. Although this means your strikers can't have a palette change, you also don't have to bother messing with palettes and possibly mess up the colours.

This way is the easy way out me thinks.

Offline Russian Gestapo

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 22, 2018, 09:17:16 AM
  • I am teh Eggman.
Re: Palette Adjusting
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2007, 03:49:38 PM »
Thanks, I'll try that.

This won't end up with my strikers randomly turning green, will it? I've had things go wrong with unchecking the palette button before. Meh, I'll give it a go anyway. Thanks for the advice. ;D

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
[1] 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal