collapse

Author Topic: Error Message: 1 please help!  (Read 284 times)

Offline strictlystyles

• Last Login:March 23, 2009, 02:16:43 AM
    • Email
Error Message: 1 please help!
« on: May 15, 2008, 03:03:08 PM »
Im needing some help with a problem i have not been able to figure out since i upgraded to vista, and no where on the internet does anyone address it. On any mugen with any screenpack, whenever you go to play the game, like arcade mode, training, etc. the game crashes and it just says "ERROR message: 1 " or any other number from 1-12.

It doesnt even matter if i run it in compatability mode, it will still do that. Now somtimes it will work for a little while and then crash at any given time you go into a different mode. I dont know how to fix this. Anyone have any ideas?

Im shocked as to how hard it is to find topics on th is issue, and any topics i do find like this are never answered, hopefully i cand finnally find an answer.

Offline anarch79

• Initiate
  • Last Login:November 21, 2011, 12:18:22 PM
Re: Error Message: 1 please help!
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2008, 07:48:27 PM »
It's just a guess but I know that Vista has a problem recognizing .ogg sound files. First time I played mugen on vista it gave me 'error 1' whatever screen and then I just downloaded a driver that makes vista recognize .ogg files and it's been good since. Are you using Hi-Res Mugen, or mugenhi? What screenpack are you using? Also check the system.def file to check where its reading the data, because if your using a SP from a foreign Maker, all you may need to do is change the '\' to '/' that may be a cause for your errors as well.

Offline strictlystyles

• Last Login:March 23, 2009, 02:16:43 AM
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 12:15:28 PM »
right now im using jsut regular winmugen. Ive used the Broken mugen screenpack, the MVC2 screen pack as well as the default and CVS2  and fighting jam screenpack. Pretty much all of them give me the same error weeather i have one character in or all of them. Its totally random and happens more often if i go fast in the menus. As far as OGG files go, i do have the plugins but only for winamp i think, whats a better plugin for vista?

Offline anarch79

• Initiate
  • Last Login:November 21, 2011, 12:18:22 PM
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 06:04:55 PM »
Does this happen with all your characters or just specific ones? I know that some older charatcers have problems with Vista simply because of the coding style. As far as the driver just go to windows updates on microsoft. com and request all availble downloads. Then again what version of Vista do you have? I got the updates for Home and Student edition 2008.

More than likely though, it a bad verision of Mugen or a funky character

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 [30] 31

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal