collapse

Author Topic: Pokemon Games general discussion:ask/talk about anything!  (Read 3099 times)

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
  • Last Login:October 15, 2021, 10:01:22 AM
  • Infinity News Reporter and Journalist
    • My youtube channel
Pokemon Games general discussion:ask/talk about anything!
« on: April 19, 2008, 10:40:32 AM »
From that topic about the noob that hates fighting games :D,a branch of the discussion was turning into a pocket monsters direction
*watches as this turns into a Pokemon topic*  :P
So why not making a thread discussing not only the game as a whole,but the entire pokemon franchise or in-game stuff,like your biggest catch in that game???
I´ll start out:
Last night,i was playing with the Pokeradar(an app that allows you to get certain pokemon that weren´t avail at the beginning of the game)and suddenly started a chain of Bibarel(a beaver pokemon that everyone dislike)
Suddenly,arround the 8/9th Bibarel i got in a row,the next one that appeared was...SHINY,meaning a pokemon that has diff colors that normal and sparkles when showing in the wild/send them to battle...

In my opinion,Diamond and Pearl has been one of the best of the portable games
(NOTHING can beat collecting 16 badges like in Gold/Silver/Crystal) due to the wi-fi connection implemented,that makes battling and trading across the world easy...and the fact that you can get most of the 493 pokemon legally is just a bonus.
But i admit also that nintendo and game freak are running out of ideas for design...very few pokemon were worth using and good looking,barring the legendaries.
Why did they have to put a turtle and a monkey into the starters?that class of pokemon has been done already and they keep repeating them...on the other side it was good for them to add variety with stuff like a penguin as the water starter and new unique type combinations...

« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 02:00:12 PM by KPT25 »

Offline Barrysun

• Initiate
  • Last Login:November 10, 2011, 06:08:35 PM
    • Email
Re: Pokemon Games discussion:Love them or hate them...
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2008, 12:46:35 PM »
yea, and with a few old pokemon got new evoluions. (currently am training Magmortar and Electivire plus a few others)
and thanks to pokemon battle revoltion, I can take on all kinds of people online (and pwning them with my Espeon/Vapereon combination)
with the physical/specal split, I had to becareful with some of the moves I let my pokemon learn. (with Zangoose making use of Shadow claw instead of shadow ball because of the spite)
but at least some pokemon ether has gains and losses.

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 02:05:37 PM »
yep...the main thing in DP was the fact that Rock,Ground and Normal attacks(that were always physical) are split as well into physical and special(power gem,earth power,hyper beam)

Offline Lightsworn

• Contributor
  • Last Login:August 31, 2017, 12:28:27 AM
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2008, 03:21:05 PM »
Diamond and pearl are on par with gold and silver.

A new game has been announced to be released this fall in japan, my guess its the third 4th gen game or a remake of gold and silver.
5069-5992-9366

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 05, 2015, 07:56:22 PM
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2008, 03:24:03 PM »
To me the best generation was the 2nd with Gold/Silver not forgetting about the past versions, New versions should do that.

D/P feels really close if most of it's Pokémon didn't look like crap. Gameplay wise it's an outstanding improvement.

Offline aPoCaLyPsE

• :+:Simply Twist'D:+:
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 30, 2018, 06:11:39 PM
  • ...I spit blood before I speak...
    • -"aPoCaLyPsE's Bio... Enter with Caution..."
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2008, 05:27:00 PM »
From that topic about the noob that hates fighting games :D,a branch of the discussion was turning into a pocket monsters direction...

...So why not making a thread discussing not only the game as a whole,but the entire pokemon franchise or in-game stuff,like your biggest catch in that game???
I´ll start out:
Last night,i was playing with the Pokeradar(an app that allows you to get certain pokemon that weren´t avail at the beginning of the game)and suddenly started a chain of Bibarel(a beaver pokemon that everyone dislike)
Suddenly,arround the 8/9th Bibarel i got in a row,the next one that appeared was...SHINY,meaning a pokemon that has diff colors that normal and sparkles when showing in the wild/send them to battle...

In my opinion,Diamond and Pearl has been one of the best of the portable games
(NOTHING can beat collecting 16 badges like in Gold/Silver/Crystal) due to the wi-fi connection implemented,that makes battling and trading across the world easy...and the fact that you can get most of the 493 pokemon legally is just a bonus.
But i admit also that nintendo and game freak are running out of ideas for design...very few pokemon were worth using and good looking,barring the legendaries.
Why did they have to put a turtle and a monkey into the starters?that class of pokemon has been done already and they keep repeating them...on the other side it was good for them to add variety with stuff like a penguin as the water starter and new unique type combinations...

:+:Backs KPT25's vote:+:

I have to admit as much as I am ashamed in still being a Pokemon follower, I personally purchased most all Pokemon titles (Owned: Blue/Red/Diamond/Stadium/Crystal/Pinball/Snap/TCG(trading card game)/and the one on the Gamecube where you can run around like the GB and catch possessed Pokemon, which I went out and brought a gamecube just for that one game)

Call it being a kid at heart, but yeh totally by far, Diamond and Pearl are must haves. The Wi-Fi Trading and Battling has been the most interactive and innovative Freak InC. (or whomever develops the pokemon game) it's ever been. I just wish I didn't lose my DS and Diamond. Still contemplating buying a new DS and Pearl this time around.

-"aPoC."
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 08:38:50 PM by aPoCaLyPsE »

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2008, 06:04:33 PM »
Too bad you lost your DS and Diamond...and i agree in some point with Gigan X3 about some of the new pokemon looking like crap.
The starters,some of the new evolutions(electivire,roserade,mismagius and honchkrow mainly),and totally new ones(like Starly,Shinx and Cranidos lines) are just the exceptions instead of the rule...i don`t know why they designed Lickilicky(Lickitung`s evolution) or Ambipom(aipom`s) like that...same with Magnezone(ton`s evo)...it`s ok,but it doesn`t look that good either...
The legendaries are cool looking most of them(excluding Shaymin,who is the mew,celebi and jirachi of 4th gen and Manaphy lines,that look horribly cute in a bad way)

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2008, 06:24:05 PM »
Too bad you lost your DS and Diamond...and i agree in some point with Gigan X3 about some of the new pokemon looking like crap.
The starters,some of the new evolutions(electivire,roserade,mismagius and honchkrow mainly),and totally new ones(like Starly,Shinx and Cranidos lines) are just the exceptions instead of the rule...i don`t know why they designed Lickilicky(Lickitung`s evolution) or Ambipom(aipom`s) like that...same with Magnezone(ton`s evo)...it`s ok,but it doesn`t look that good either...
The legendaries are cool looking most of them(excluding Shaymin,who is the mew,celebi and jirachi of 4th gen and Manaphy lines,that look horribly cute in a bad way)

I think Palkia and Dalgia look too simple, Sure Mewtwo is too simple looking too but you can see the character in him, Lucario has the same thing about the character, but Palkia and Dialga look rather bland...of course if you put them side by side with Cresselia then Cresselia wins the title of most crappy looking Legendary.

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2012, 05:37:23 AM
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2008, 09:44:49 PM »
D/P is fun and all, but I think I'm all alone when I say I don't the 3d elements of the game. I miss the flatness.
You are now the final object of the 2538. Bring them together, and show us your smile.

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2008, 12:10:17 AM »

I think Palkia and Dalgia look too simple, Sure Mewtwo is too simple looking too but you can see the character in him, Lucario has the same thing about the character, but Palkia and Dialga look rather bland...of course if you put them side by side with Cresselia then Cresselia wins the title of most crappy looking Legendary.
QFT...Cresselia looks horrible...a lunar "duck"??
I`ll chase it just because i`m bored and i`ll catch it either way
And Lucario?plz...they can`t give a non legendary pokemon a leading role in a movie(Besides ash`s Pikachu,but that`s the main one in the anime...)
Lucario is the most overrated pokemon ever,he even made it in Brawl instead of Mewtwo  >o:-(
Lately,game freak and nintendo have been giving more involvement in the storylines to the games legendary pokemons...in RBY they were additional pokemon to catch,in GSC you needed the appropiate wing to catch them and run across the regions to get the three dogs
Since 3rd gen,the legendaries have a huge part in the game plot(with DP being the most massive,with 4 in the same plot:Dialga/Palkia and the Psy-trio).
I liked that fact,because in previous games,you end up asking yourself"why the hell nobody except me tried to catch this thing before if it has always been here in the first place"??

Offline StarStorm

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:July 20, 2011, 03:02:41 PM
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2008, 12:14:37 AM »

And Lucario?plz...they can`t give a non legendary pokemon a leading role in a movie(Besides ash`s Pikachu,but that`s the main one in the anime...)
Lucario is the most overrated pokemon ever,he even made it in Brawl instead of Mewtwo  >o:-(
Lately,game freak and nintendo have been giving more involvement in the storylines to the games legendary pokemons...in RBY they were additional pokemon to catch,in GSC you needed the appropiate wing to catch them and run across the regions to get the three dogs
Since 3rd gen,the legendaries have a huge part in the game plot(with DP being the most massive,with 4 in the same plot:Dialga/Palkia and the Psy-trio).
I liked that fact,because in previous games,you end up asking yourself"why the hell nobody except me tried to catch this thing before if it has always been here in the first place"??

I agree wholeheartedly. The whole legendaries-as-part-of-the-plot thing technically started in Crystal with Suicune and the legendary dogs, although it was more of a glorified side quest.

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2008, 12:25:03 AM »

Well Yes, Lucario is overrated but I think both him and Mewtwo deserved to be in, this comming from someone who used to dislike him, I think he's fine now, Sakurai is an Idiot for replacing Mewtwo, dumbing down the game and wasting too much time in 1p mode...

Offline Aura-Master

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:February 18, 2020, 03:22:18 AM
  • Animating anyone?
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2008, 12:43:32 AM »

Well Yes, Lucario is overrated but I think both him and Mewtwo deserved to be in, this comming from someone who used to dislike him, I think he's fine now, Sakurai is an Idiot for replacing Mewtwo, dumbing down the game and wasting too much time in 1p mode...

well, it Is his fault for dubbing down his power in melee...if he had his fullpower then he could've made it in but the complaints from other people made mewtwo not get in brawl and sakurai heard about the complaints about mewtwo being weak and decided he wouldn't get in but still we all cant have nice things, right? :-??
Currently in need of one

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2008, 01:04:49 AM »
well, it Is his fault for dubbing down his power in melee...if he had his fullpower then he could've made it in but the complaints from other people made mewtwo not get in brawl and sakurai heard about the complaints about mewtwo being weak and decided he wouldn't get in but still we all cant have nice things, right?

Sakurai made him like that! He also made Lucario more Psychic like than Fighter Steel, what he should have been more, He could have been 10 times more awesome, same with Mewtwo, I actually think Sakurai has something against Pokémon, The Pokéballs suck balls now...He.

Offline Aura-Master

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:February 18, 2020, 03:22:18 AM
  • Animating anyone?
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2008, 01:08:34 AM »
well, it Is his fault for dubbing down his power in melee...if he had his fullpower then he could've made it in but the complaints from other people made mewtwo not get in brawl and sakurai heard about the complaints about mewtwo being weak and decided he wouldn't get in but still we all cant have nice things, right?

Sakurai made him like that! He also made Lucario more Psychic like than Fighter Steel, what he should have been more, He could have been 10 times more awesome, same with Mewtwo, I actually think Sakurai has something against Pokémon, The Pokéballs suck balls now...He.

how is lucario exactly more psychic?

Lucario uses his fists, not with his mind ???
Currently in need of one

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2008, 01:11:52 AM »

Lucario uses his fists, not with his mind ???

Sure but most of the time you hit your opponents with Aura before you hit them with your fists or feet, hmm anyway this is getting a bit off topic... :P

Offline BigJ

• Contributor
  • Last Login:March 25, 2015, 02:28:49 PM
    • BigJ's Mugen site
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2008, 02:09:17 AM »

Lucario uses his paws, not with his mind ???

lawl fixed

Holy crap I just realized how many legendaries there were in dp :o

Palkia
Dialga
Cresselia
Heatran
Regigigas
Darkrai
Little hedgehog thingy
Arcues

Wow... I'm probably forgetting one too.

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2008, 02:16:23 AM »
What I don't understand is that if one DS cart = one N64 cart, why can't Game Freak put more content into D/P? For me it felt like it was lacking something....(but that's just me)

>:-(-| WHY THE f**k WON'T GAMEFREAK MAKE A SEQUEL TO DRILLDOZER!? >:( (lol)
You are now the final object of the 2538. Bring them together, and show us your smile.

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2008, 11:57:00 AM »
Gigan X3 is right again:since when a fighting type pokemon(except medicham who is part psychic) can use the "Psychic" attack??Lucario in fact has a slighty stronger special attack that physical attack(that contradicts the fight-steel combo,as most of those moves are physical)
I agree that the DS games could potentially have the graphics of a N64 game(Super Mario 64 DS version anyone??)
But keep in mind that all the game with major 3d graphics were made 100% by Nintendo(Mario games,Metroid),while the rest was made by affiliates(game freak,the company that makes the kirby games,etc)
And Big J,you have missed Giratina(the third dragon along with Dialga and Palkia) a real tank...an the tiny hedgehog is named Shaymin.Those two will be the main in the latest pokemon movie from what i`ve heard(i`ve only seen the first 3 and the 10th one)
Anyway,in my personal opinion,i liked the new gadgets in DP(mainly the radar,the improved itemfinder and the explorer kit),as most of them really help you during the game(why there`s a calendar or a coin toss?Still can`t find something useful for those [-X )
 >:-(-| DrillDozer looks interesting with that drill thingy...it turned out good right?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 12:12:42 PM by KPT25 »

Offline EXCh33ky

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:February 25, 2013, 04:21:03 PM
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2008, 07:51:15 PM »
is it just me or does Darkrai look like an emo kid :P

Avatar by Shinrahunter, Sig by DemonKing Ex

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2008, 07:53:57 PM »
you are not the only one who thought that...when i watched the movie Darkrai stars,more than one pointed that out at the end of it
anyway,it doesn`t look bad at all it`s better that than Shaymin :-??

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2008, 07:56:17 PM »
 >:-(-|Drill Dozer was kinda easy. (it got harder though on Hard) But the story and core gameplay was phenomenal.

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2008, 10:42:37 PM »

Another piece of crap Pokémon.

Offline MirageAtoli

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:May 13, 2011, 03:25:23 AM
  • Oh, my Paws and Whiskers!
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2008, 11:00:38 PM »
I feel sorry for the female Mr. Mime.

Offline EXCh33ky

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:February 25, 2013, 04:21:03 PM
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2008, 02:28:19 AM »

Another piece of crap Pokémon.
:o you think hescrap, i think Darkrai is an awesome pokemon

Avatar by Shinrahunter, Sig by DemonKing Ex

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar