collapse

Author Topic: Sonic the Hedgehog: What are your thoughts?  (Read 1793 times)

Offline daniel13789

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:February 25, 2014, 11:23:01 PM
  • (had to remove it >:P)
    • Email
Re: Sonic the Hedgehog: What are your thoughts?
« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2008, 03:36:04 PM »
ya. shadow the headghog was good enough for me. but i just couldent stand the voices... they sounded ok. but they just wont shut the f*ck up. i also like sonic adventure 2. gots chao's :P

Team Snowman (stay frosty ;) )
(had to take away some arse threatened  me to

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:Today at 03:10:11 AM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2008, 04:55:59 PM »
Hey guys do you think Shadow will be in  the new Sonic game!?

I don't think so. From what I've gathered on Unleashed, they're sticking with the classic three: Sonic, Tails, Knuckles. That might also explain the more classic look he's got.

EDIT: OH SNAP, take that Sonic 06' and Secret Rings! Sega has denounced your Canon!
http://www.joystiq.com/2008/04/09/sonic-unleashed-reboots-series-ignores-last-two-games/
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 05:01:17 PM by G Lux »
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline MuηkyMØÜf

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:June 16, 2014, 08:36:08 PM
  • I don't play games, I fight for real!
« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2008, 05:03:26 PM »
:w00t:
<~Rage
Pr. Luchador~>

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2008, 05:08:22 PM »
I just snagged this a few minutes ago from xbox360fanboy.com. Looks like I was right about the Character selection. It's from Sega Europe internet press release:

"Sonic the Hedgehog returns for a full-blown, action-packed adventure through the desolate and unpredictable World of Mubuz, a world dictated by an evil Dragon Lord, Immarius. Upon entering Muboz, Sonic fights an evil power which turns all the inhabitants into dangerous beasts.

• Become Wolf Sonic and fight enemies like never before using rapid combo maneuvers and Ring Energy
  • Play as Sonic, Knuckles or Tails through 12 packed stages
  • Extensive 2D gameplay brings the old Sonic back home"

I think this alone will make VKM a little happier.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline MuηkyMØÜf

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:June 16, 2014, 08:36:08 PM
  • I don't play games, I fight for real!
« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2008, 05:16:50 PM »
  • Become Wolf Sonic and fight enemies like never before using rapid combo maneuvers and Ring Energy

:o @^@
<~Rage
Pr. Luchador~>

Offline Gold_TSG

• Contributor
  • Last Login:May 15, 2015, 03:44:25 AM
  • Palette God
« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2008, 05:17:16 PM »
Lol @ Hulkhog.

Offline The Notic

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:March 30, 2017, 10:27:21 PM
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2008, 05:40:13 PM »
"Thanks to Batman Begins, we're now all familiar with the concept of "rebooting" a series -- ignoring one or more of its previous installments to start over with a clean slate. Sega's apparently familiar with the concept as well, as Sonic Unleashed has "no relation" to either Sonic the Hedgehog on PS3 and 360, or Sonic and the Secret Rings, and will instead be more like a Sonic Adventure 3, only with more hulkhogs."

They call this SA3 yet it only has Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles! It sounds fun but I want Shadow and Chao damit!
Coming 2099.

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2012, 05:37:23 AM
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #57 on: April 10, 2008, 09:31:31 PM »
I'm seeing too much hate for Sonic Team USA from G Lux in here. Why's that?
You are now the final object of the 2538. Bring them together, and show us your smile.

Offline Cyclysm

• Forum Spriter &
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:July 21, 2010, 12:00:11 AM
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: April 10, 2008, 10:17:17 PM »
I guess a lot of people are going to hate me

because I think Sonic F*cking Pwns

"I am two people"      Cyclysm & Sgt.Rotter

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: April 11, 2008, 12:10:28 PM »

No no, The New Sonic Team (after the Sega-Sammy merger) overseas made Sonic 06' and Secret rings. Like I said before, I liked secret rings, but 0' was wrong in so many ways. I got nothing against Sonic Heroes or Shadow, and I like SA2.

I'm just glad they realized what they did wrong. It seems that part of Sonic Unleased will have control elements similar to that of Secret Rings, so they're craping what failed and keeping what worked. And the simplicity of character selection keeps the game consistant, instead of blowing through levels, then having to hunt for crap (getting stuck on these levels), then blowing up stuff, rinse, wash, repeat.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #60 on: April 11, 2008, 01:14:14 PM »
I think this is going to take place in between Sonic & Knux and Sonic Adventure because of having the old 3, which would explain the 2d-3d gameplay.
Although I haven't even seen any confirmation of Knux and Tails by Sega, so I have no validity of my theory.

Offline daniel13789

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:February 25, 2014, 11:23:01 PM
  • (had to remove it >:P)
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: April 11, 2008, 04:39:01 PM »
i am glad that sega is finaly going back to their roots with this one... but i must have chao's damnit lol [-O<

Team Snowman (stay frosty ;) )
(had to take away some arse threatened  me to

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: April 11, 2008, 07:35:41 PM »
I think this is going to take place in between Sonic & Knux and Sonic Adventure because of having the old 3, which would explain the 2d-3d gameplay.
Although I haven't even seen any confirmation of Knux and Tails by Sega, so I have no validity of my theory.

Dude, they've already comfirmed Knuckles and Tails.

I just snagged this a few minutes ago from xbox360fanboy.com. Looks like I was right about the Character selection. It's from Sega Europe internet press release:

"Sonic the Hedgehog returns for a full-blown, action-packed adventure through the desolate and unpredictable World of Mubuz, a world dictated by an evil Dragon Lord, Immarius. Upon entering Muboz, Sonic fights an evil power which turns all the inhabitants into dangerous beasts.

That was SUPPOSED to make you a little happier damnit! :D
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 11:56:23 PM by G Lux »
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2012, 05:37:23 AM
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #63 on: April 11, 2008, 11:30:41 PM »

No no, The New Sonic Team (after the Sega-Sammy merger) overseas made Sonic 06' and Secret rings. Like I said before, I liked secret rings, but 0' was wrong in so many ways. I got nothing against Sonic Heroes or Shadow, and I like SA2.

I'm just glad they realized what they did wrong. It seems that part of Sonic Unleased will have control elements similar to that of Secret Rings, so they're craping what failed and keeping what worked. And the simplicity of character selection keeps the game consistant, instead of blowing through levels, then having to hunt for crap (getting stuck on these levels), then blowing up stuff, rinse, wash, repeat.

I see. Good to hear. I hated 06 too. Although, the whole Canon thing you posted a while back would only apply to 06, since Secret Rings was just a spinoff. (I've actually been to Sega HQ USA before, and it's really nice over there.)
You are now the final object of the 2538. Bring them together, and show us your smile.

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: April 13, 2008, 11:12:11 PM »

Dude, they've already comfirmed Knuckles and Tails.

That was SUPPOSED to make you a little happier damnit! :D

lol. Forgive me. I've only seen screenshots of Sonic, Super Sonic, and Dr. Robotnik. Although I am happy they're bringing back 2d gameplay. I just hope they don't mess it up with the wolf sonic thing and slow down the pace like they did with Silver, and I'm also hoping Tails is mechless. Although if Wolf Sonic is faster, and more powerful (kind of like the Jak/Dark Jak thing in Jak 2), then I'm all for it.

Offline Whoblehwah

• Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:May 23, 2019, 04:17:10 PM
  • Waka waka doo doo yeah!
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: April 14, 2008, 03:58:06 PM »
In a few months "Sonic Unleashed", will be on that list.
Sega should just end the Sonic Series, or his legacy will be ruined.

Agree'd. The original games are classed, the "advanced" series was really good, the "adventure series" was ok, but then it just went realy downhill. They should just give it up and come up with something new. Same goes for the Crash Bandicoot series, lol.

92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature.

Offline BigJ

• Contributor
  • Last Login:March 25, 2015, 02:28:49 PM
    • BigJ's Mugen site
« Reply #66 on: April 14, 2008, 04:58:39 PM »

Agree'd. The original games are classed, the "advanced" series was really good, the "adventure series" was ok, but then it just went realy downhill. They should just give it up and come up with something new. Same goes for the Crash Bandicoot series, lol.

Lol, the Crash series was really good up until 3. Hell I even liked Crash Team Racing. After that it just got boring.

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: April 14, 2008, 06:21:59 PM »

Lol, the Crash series was really good up until 3. Hell I even liked Crash Team Racing. After that it just got boring.
It's funny you say that because I didn't like the first one and loved 3 the best.

Offline BigJ

• Contributor
    • BigJ's Mugen site
« Reply #68 on: April 14, 2008, 06:26:10 PM »

It's funny you say that because I didn't like the first one and loved 3 the best.

Well yeah, 3 was obviously the best. Part 1 was just straight platforming. It was still good though IMO. A real challenge too, unlike 2 and 3.

Offline Whoblehwah

• Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:May 23, 2019, 04:17:10 PM
  • Waka waka doo doo yeah!
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: April 14, 2008, 06:32:41 PM »

Well yeah, 3 was obviously the best. Part 1 was just straight platforming. It was still good though IMO. A real challenge too, unlike 2 and 3.

I've never played part 1. 2, 3, and CTR were fun though. I'm surprised Sonic doesnt have a racing game yet, lol.

92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature.

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: April 14, 2008, 06:40:22 PM »

surprised Sonic doesnt have a racing game yet, lol.

Sonic Drift

Sonic Drift 2

Sonic R

Sonic Riders
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 07:10:07 PM by Violent Ken Masters »

Offline BigJ

• Contributor
    • BigJ's Mugen site
« Reply #71 on: April 14, 2008, 06:41:29 PM »

:D

Offline The Notic

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:March 30, 2017, 10:27:21 PM
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: April 14, 2008, 08:39:17 PM »

I actually saw the whole thing!  @-) LOL! I used to own in that game, I loved Metal Knuckles!  :D
Coming 2099.

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: April 14, 2008, 11:10:41 PM »

I actually saw the whole thing!  @-) LOL! I used to own in that game, I loved Metal Knuckles!  :D
lol. I used to own the game too. It was part of some package they had a long time ago for the pc. One of them came with some bad@ss Sonic vs Metal Sonic wallpapers. Although I could never get Sonic CD to work on my computer because it wasn't supported.

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:February 23, 2014, 07:33:54 PM
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: April 14, 2008, 11:26:05 PM »
well, it's good to see where sonic adventure came from.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar