collapse

Author Topic: Cloud VS Link Who'll Win?  (Read 2847 times)

animugen

Re: Cloud VS Link Who'll Win?
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2008, 01:37:02 PM »
Erm anyway I see now that Link is winning.Boy I'd kill just to see a one on one sword fight between Link and Cloud.I can see it now it be so epic.But you can always dream right? ;)

Offline PBRTODD101

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:October 31, 2020, 04:40:04 PM
  • Dyro, my original character
    • Alshary's MUGEN Paradise
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2008, 02:33:41 PM »
Link, DUH!
My junky website is still online, if anyone's interested.

Offline Akeme

• Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:March 15, 2010, 11:16:35 PM
« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2008, 02:59:15 PM »
Link, DUH!
What link, i mean i respect like and all but come on come on, think about cloud just has much more skill and is stronger ;)

"Since when thy become the bad guy"

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2008, 03:04:18 PM »
Well If I was Link, I wouldn't save Hyrule.  :P I'd move to another city and let Hyrule burn to the ground.  Also Legend of Zelda has it's fanboys and fangirls. Trust me, I know a lot of them. I also know people that heard about Zelda and never played any of the games.
I bet if you said fire emblem to any of those people, they would have no clue what you're talking about. That's what it takes to not be overrated.
One more thing is, in Advent Children, Cloud can cut through scyscrapers. So  I'd imagine Link's shield couldn't do anything against Clouds sword. In all words.

Cloud = Superman
Link = Spiderman.

FFVII's Planet = The entire planet
Hyrule = NYC.

*lol* at letting it burn.

Just because people heard of Zelda and never played them doesn't mean it's overrated.

Overrated (by the majority of people) means bad quality getting too much praise and getting rated more than it's worth. Zelda doesn't fall into that category. I'll give an example when I answer in the next qoute. ;)

I'll admit, I never heard of Fire Emblem till I played Melee, but that's because I'm not a fan of RPGs.

Lastly, if Cloud = Superman, then he is the most boring superhero EVAR! :P

In my opinion I think there's no such thing as overrated.

Except for Halo.
Well for me Zelda is more overrated than Final Fantasy because Zelda had an american TV show. Final Fantasy never had an animated tv series outside Japan (Spirits Within doesn't count because without Hironobu Sakaguchi, and Moto Sakakibara, it simply wouldn't exist).

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2012, 05:37:23 AM
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2008, 03:48:53 PM »
Well If I was Link, I wouldn't save Hyrule.  :P I'd move to another city and let Hyrule burn to the ground.  Also Legend of Zelda has it's fanboys and fangirls. Trust me, I know a lot of them. I also know people that heard about Zelda and never played any of the games.
I bet if you said fire emblem to any of those people, they would have no clue what you're talking about. That's what it takes to not be overrated.
One more thing is, in Advent Children, Cloud can cut through scyscrapers. So  I'd imagine Link's shield couldn't do anything against Clouds sword. In all words.

Cloud = Superman
Link = Spiderman.

Hyrule = NYC.

Just because people heard of Zelda and never played them doesn't mean it's overrated.

Overrated (by the majority of people) means bad quality getting too much praise and getting rated more than it's worth. Zelda doesn't fall into that category. I'll give an example when I answer in the next qoute. ;)

I'll admit, I never heard of Fire Emblem till I played Melee, but that's because I'm not a fan of RPGs.

Except for Halo.
Well for me Zelda is more overrated than Final Fantasy because Zelda had an american TV show. Final Fantasy never had an animated tv series outside Japan (Spirits Within doesn't count because without Hironobu Sakaguchi, and Moto Sakakibara, it simply wouldn't exist).

Actually, Final Fastasy is more overrated than you think. With Zelda, Nintendo just creates a new world and stick a few characters in there for consistency. Sqeenix is a different story. It seems like you've overlooked the fact that they're milking FFVII for all it's worth. (The Compilation of Final Fantasy VII)
You are now the final object of the 2538. Bring them together, and show us your smile.

animugen

« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2008, 05:36:26 PM »
The Reason everyone loves Final Fantasy VII so much is because it's the first Final Fantasy on the PS1.

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2008, 05:43:56 PM »

Cloud = Superman
Link = Spiderman.

Hyrule = NYC.

Except for Halo.

Actually, Final Fastasy is more overrated than you think. With Zelda, Nintendo just creates a new world and stick a few characters in there for consistency. Sqeenix is a different story. It seems like you've overlooked the fact that they're milking FFVII for all it's worth. (The Compilation of Final Fantasy VII)
Zelda had it's own compilations too.  8=|

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:June 27, 2018, 08:24:27 AM
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2008, 05:56:16 PM »
Well for me Zelda is more overrated than Final Fantasy because Zelda had an american TV show.

So I guess Mario is overrated... NOT!

I read through this topic and know that none of you truly know what overrated means. It saddens me really. Just because something is popular and high quality, doesn't mean it's overrated.

Final Fantasy is not overrated... but Final Fantasy VII is in a way. The Zelda series is nowhere near overrated either.

See now look... the topic went offtopic :(

Link FTW!

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

animugen

« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2008, 06:00:53 PM »
Well since you guys LOVE talking about overrated.Maybe I'll start up a topic about what is The difference of Overrated and Popularity?

When something is liked by many and when there's one person that doesn't like it that person believes it's overrated.But that's why I say there's no such thing as overrated.

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2008, 06:03:58 PM »
Well since you guys LOVE talking about overrated.Maybe I'll start up a topic about what is The difference of Overrated and Popularity?

When something is liked by many and when there's one person that doesn't like it that person believes it's overrated.But that's why I say there's no such thing as overrated.

Yeah, true. I don't really say anything is overrated except... I like to pick on Halo 3 *lol* :P
Sorry Halo fans, it just didn't bring anything new or exciting, it's the same ol' concept.

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2008, 06:44:46 PM »

Cloud = Superman
Link = Spiderman.

Hyrule = NYC.

Except for Halo.

Zelda had it's own compilations too.  8=|

Um yeah NO. LoZ only had two compilation discs where as FFVII has an ongoing series (under the "Compilation" title) which also includes two films and three novels.
You are now the final object of the 2538. Bring them together, and show us your smile.

Offline Theendgamelv3

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:August 21, 2016, 08:15:31 AM
  • Get the hell out of my way!
    • San Diego Animanga
« Reply #61 on: March 27, 2008, 04:04:05 AM »
Which Cloud are we talking about here, AC Cloud or FF7 Cloud? AC Cloud has much more battle experience and his sword/s is much better. Now I see alot of people saying who would win, but WHY would they win? I saw that someone said that Link was a better swordsman, why? Cloud stood toe to toe twice with one of the greatest warriors and possibly best swordsman in FF7 history and walked away (although the 2nd time around, Seph was toying with him at the end). If we're going barebones, I probably go with Cloud, unless Link has proven he can move unbelievably fast without help. What abilities does his sword and shield give him without extras? Basically we need more info on Link's natural abilities and Cloud's natural abilities and what stuff does each guy have and what can it do without power ups aka material and magical items.

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2008, 04:08:49 AM »
Which Cloud are we talking about here, AC Cloud or FF7 Cloud? AC Cloud has much more battle experience and his sword/s is much better. Now I see alot of people saying who would win, but WHY would they win? I saw that someone said that Link was a better swordsman, why? Cloud stood toe to toe twice with one of the greatest warriors and possibly best swordsman in FF7 history and walked away (although the 2nd time around, Seph was toying with him at the end). If we're going barebones, I probably go with Cloud, unless Link has proven he can move unbelievably fast without help. What abilities does his sword and shield give him without extras? Basically we need more info on Link's natural abilities and Cloud's natural abilities and what stuff does each guy have and what can it do without power ups aka material and magical items.
^^(PM)^ It IS actually hard to say who would really win, although it seems to point more towards Cloud since Link seems more like a normal human (elf, thing, whatever!) compared to Cloud and his giant butt sword.

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: March 27, 2008, 04:21:51 AM »
We're talking about Cloud in general.
FFVII, AC, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, Before Crisis and any other FFVII titles made by Square Enix are all canon. Thus it's all the same Cloud.

Offline Akeme

« Reply #64 on: March 27, 2008, 04:53:09 AM »
FFVII, AC, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, Before Crisis and any other FFVII titles made by Square Enix are all canon. Thus it's all the same Cloud.
Exactly ;)

Offline Theendgamelv3

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:August 21, 2016, 08:15:31 AM
  • Get the hell out of my way!
    • San Diego Animanga
« Reply #65 on: March 27, 2008, 05:11:24 AM »

Aha, but it isn't the same Cloud. Cloud has matured alot since the start of FF7 to AC. Due to these experiences, he in some ways is a different character due to his growth and battle experience. Going by what you're saying, Cloud in Crisis Core should be able to stand up and might be able to beat Sephiroth, which IMO he probably couldn't. Due to amount of differences between FF7 Cloud (in the beginning) and AC Cloud it could be argued that FF7 MIGHT lose to Link, where as a much more battle harden mature Cloud with a superior sword/s could defeat Link. Also throughout FF7 Cloud learns new techs (limit breaks) that serves him later on in the game and in the movie (I do believe that he did use a upgraded Onmislash against Seph). Take these things into account, FF7 Cloud and AC Cloud could be in some ways a different character.

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: March 27, 2008, 05:32:13 AM »

Aha, but it isn't the same Cloud. Cloud has matured alot since the start of FF7 to AC. Due to these experiences, he in some ways is a different character due to his growth and battle experience. Going by what you're saying, Cloud in Crisis Core should be able to stand up and might be able to beat Sephiroth, which IMO he probably couldn't. Due to amount of differences between FF7 Cloud (in the beginning) and AC Cloud it could be argued that FF7 MIGHT lose to Link, where as a much more battle harden mature Cloud with a superior sword/s could defeat Link. Also throughout FF7 Cloud learns new techs (limit breaks) that serves him later on in the game and in the movie (I do believe that he did use a upgraded Onmislash against Seph). Take these things into account, FF7 Cloud and AC Cloud could be in some ways a different character.
But it's not a different character. He is Cloud, what he experiences is what he experiences, nobody else. That's like saying Link is two different characters before he gets all his weapons and gear, and afterwards.

Offline Akeme

« Reply #67 on: March 27, 2008, 06:35:32 AM »
Exactly, i agree with VKM ;)

animugen

« Reply #68 on: March 27, 2008, 01:58:15 PM »
Whew After Reading all that  #:-S Man you guys sure do know your stuff.Ok How about Twilight Princess Link Vs Advent Children Cloud?They both Matured and became stronger.So how about a straight up fight between the two?Like a one on One Sword Fight?(Link keeps his sheild since the buster sword is bigger and heavier than the master sword)Or maybe both of them could battle with everything they have Magic and Abilities and such.It's up to you guys.But I personally would refer a one on one sword fight between the two.Anyway there are so many Zelda games and Final Fantasy VII games there's no sure clear way that one could beat the other.They could be equally matched.I mean

Cloud:Defeated The Greatest Swordsman that can destroy the planet Twice,Carries a Large Sword,Can Fly,and use Magic.

Link:Obtains the Triforce,Defeats Ganon despise him coming back better and stronger,Uses all kinds of equipment to help him in almost situation,and can use Magic as well.

Anyone can add in anything I missed or correct any errors I made.Anyway I still cannot decide.But so far now Link is winning since he's got more votes.

And guys please don't argue about this though.I'm only asking for opinions and votes.But continue to discuss as you please.But no saying that something is overrated or bashing since someone may get angry.

Thanks  :) Carry on the topic if you may......

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: March 27, 2008, 02:11:02 PM »
In all honesty on who would win?

I think they'd be like...

Cloud: "Yo dawg, why all deez fanboyz want us to fight so bad?"
Link: "..."
Cloud: "You're right! We should be teaming up instead because let's face it... were both cool good guys."
Cloud: "Glad you agree!"

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Offline Error Macro

• Never finishes anything
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 30, 2022, 05:37:56 AM
    • :)
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: March 27, 2008, 02:16:28 PM »
In all honesty on who would win?

I think they'd be like...

Cloud: "Yo dawg, why all deez fanboyz want us to fight so bad?"
Cloud: "You're right! We should be teaming up instead because let's face it... were both cool good guys."
Cloud: "Glad you agree!"
I lol'd :D

Offline Legend Inc.

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 10, 2008, 06:01:16 PM
  • HOORAY FOR CENSORSHIP
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: March 27, 2008, 02:17:44 PM »
cloud
im a big FFanything fan

i have never really been a link fan
never really got into the games

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: March 27, 2008, 03:27:23 PM »
Whew After Reading all that  #:-S Man you guys sure do know your stuff.Ok How about Twilight Princess Link Vs Advent Children Cloud?They both Matured and became stronger.So how about a straight up fight between the two?Like a one on One Sword Fight?(Link keeps his sheild since the buster sword is bigger and heavier than the master sword)Or maybe both of them could battle with everything they have Magic and Abilities and such.It's up to you guys.But I personally would refer a one on one sword fight between the two.Anyway there are so many Zelda games and Final Fantasy VII games there's no sure clear way that one could beat the other.They could be equally matched.I mean

Cloud:Defeated The Greatest Swordsman that can destroy the planet Twice,Carries a Large Sword,Can Fly,and use Magic.

Link:Obtains the Triforce,Defeats Ganon despise him coming back better and stronger,Uses all kinds of equipment to help him in almost situation,and can use Magic as well.

Anyone can add in anything I missed or correct any errors I made.Anyway I still cannot decide.But so far now Link is winning since he's got more votes.

And guys please don't argue about this though.I'm only asking for opinions and votes.But continue to discuss as you please.But no saying that something is overrated or bashing since someone may get angry.

One more thing is, The Master Sword is the sword of evil bane. Cloud isn't exactly the kind of guy that I would call evil. A guy who saved the planet 2 times. Sure I can understand why the MS would work against Ganondorf. The only way I can think it's possible for Link to kill Cloud is if Cloud were possessed by Jenova (which only happened like 2 times). As far as Link's Triforce. Well, I'm sure Hojo's experiments on Cloud made him way more powerful (I mean hell, they made Vincent strong enough to move the entire planet in his Chaos Weapon form).

animugen

« Reply #73 on: March 27, 2008, 03:46:00 PM »

One more thing is, The Master Sword is the sword of evil bane. Cloud isn't exactly the kind of guy that I would call evil. A guy who saved the planet 2 times. Sure I can understand why the MS would work against Ganondorf. The only way I can think it's possible for Link to kill Cloud is if Cloud were possessed by Jenova (which only happened like 2 times). As far as Link's Triforce. Well, I'm sure Hojo's experiments on Cloud made him way more powerful (I mean hell, they made Vincent strong enough to move the entire planet in his Chaos Weapon form).

Oh most excellent point indeed. ^^(PM)^ But Link can Still Strike PPL with his Master Sword regardless if their evil or not.But yeah it's more effective if it's someone that is evil.

Seeing Link and Cloud Teaming up would equal a Huge Ownage over any other character in existance even the DBZ chars wouldn't beat them if they were together and image Sephiroth and Ganondorf Teamed up Along with Cloud and Link.Then no one would be able to them defeat no matter what.

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: March 27, 2008, 04:02:06 PM »
Seeing Link and Cloud Teaming up would equal a Huge Ownage over any other character in existance even the DBZ chars wouldn't beat them if they were together and image Sephiroth and Ganondorf Teamed up Along with Cloud and Link.Then no one would be able to them defeat no matter what.

Super Sonic could, he's invincible :P

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar