collapse

Author Topic: Cloud VS Link Who'll Win?  (Read 2848 times)

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2012, 05:37:23 AM
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
Re: Who'll Win
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2008, 03:42:36 PM »
Edit: The only FF characters I like are those 3 chicks, or was it only 2? Anyways, them and Tifa!

I take it you're referring to Aerith/Aeris, Tifa and Yuffie? Or, are we referring to another game other than 7?

Aeris (as I first knew her :P) is my favorite female video game character of all time.

Personally, Link vs. Cloud is really, really difficult to call, mostly because their abilities seem to grow and change from each new title they're in.

I agree with VKM though.. it is amazing how much Link's FS in Brawl looks like Cloud's Omnislash.

Maybe they've been sparring together, teaching eachother new tricks? In that case, both wins (Hmm.. Friendship over Fatality!!) :D

What's that? Kill them with friendship?
You are now the final object of the 2538. Bring them together, and show us your smile.

animugen

Re: Cloud VS Link Who'll Win?
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2008, 03:58:11 PM »
^That's what he just said, Animugen.

I didn't see it though.My bad :-[ :P

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 09, 2024, 11:15:33 AM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2008, 04:33:26 PM »

Kid Daigo was 4 when FFVII came out.

Yeah his profile says he's 15

Edit: The only FF characters I like are those 3 chicks, or was it only 2? Anyways, them and Tifa!

I take it you're referring to Aerith/Aeris, Tifa and Yuffie? Or, are we referring to another game other than 7?

Aeris (as I first knew her :P) is my favorite female video game character of all time.

Personally, Link vs. Cloud is really, really difficult to call, mostly because their abilities seem to grow and change from each new title they're in.

I agree with VKM though.. it is amazing how much Link's FS in Brawl looks like Cloud's Omnislash.

Maybe they've been sparring together, teaching eachother new tricks? In that case, both wins (Hmm.. Friendship over Fatality!!) :D
Friendship? Again?
XD

Yuffie I love Yuffie. Yuffie so sexy, Yuffie so cunning, Yuffie So Dame Deceptive. Yuffie u got me @-) :-[ ^:)^

On topic:

Now that I think bout it its a good fight on these condisions: Strip them down to nothing but their swords. Now thats a fight

With there abilities Cloud would out power Link.  If u no FF7 his abilities out flank Links.

In a bare bone battle the only thing that not fare is Clouds Natural abilities, (Enhanced straigh, and agility.)

But Link is a better Swordsman. Cloud seem to just swing that collosel blade around it just his soldier training that makes him uniformed.

Bare bone they are EQUALS :-j
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 04:45:13 PM by Rage »

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

animugen

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2008, 04:53:19 PM »
How about just a sword battle between the two?Or maybe a battle with their Swords Clouds abilities and items and Link's Abilities and Equipment?

That be an awesome battle.

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • The trend setter
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2008, 05:08:45 PM »
How about just a sword battle between the two?Or maybe a battle with their Swords Clouds abilities and items and Link's Abilities and Equipment?

That what i meant by BareBone just swords nothing else :thumbsup:

animugen

« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2008, 06:28:30 PM »

Yeah but let Link keep his shield seeing that Cloud's Sword has more strength.

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • The trend setter
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2008, 06:59:45 PM »

Yeah but let Link keep his shield seeing that Cloud's Sword has more strength.

Yep that would be the ultimate battle.

animugen

« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2008, 07:17:24 PM »
I guess the battle be called Cloud Vs Link.lol :D

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • The trend setter
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2008, 07:43:49 PM »
Hey Animugen  my bad bout the Dumb@ss comment earlier. :(

Offline The Notic

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:March 30, 2017, 10:27:21 PM
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2008, 08:00:55 PM »
All I'm saying is that FF is crap! It's too damn overrated, Cloud can get a tast of dees....

NUTS!
Coming 2099.

animugen

« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2008, 08:03:28 PM »
Hey Animugen  my bad bout the Dumb@ss comment earlier. :(

Apology Excepted. :thumbsup:

All I'm saying is that FF is crap! It's too damn overrated, Cloud can get a tast of dees....

NUTS!

I think you might be one of those ppl who aren't really into turn based RPGs?Am I correct?

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 05, 2015, 07:56:22 PM
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2008, 08:08:57 PM »
Link would own him, there's been rumors around that he's a girl though, lol! The only reason I picked Link is becouse the Zelda games are more creative, they're always coming up with new exciting things, and the details and artwork is amazing, Ganondorf looks f**k** sweet! "Final" Fantasy, final my @$$, how many "Final" fantasy's has there been!!! The only good one was 7, but even that was pretty gay, the characters are all pretty generic and uninspiring! And as far as the Omnislash goes, it looks more like Ike's Great Aether!

Make sense next time please. :|

Offline The Notic

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:March 30, 2017, 10:27:21 PM
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2008, 08:28:25 PM »
Link would own him, there's been rumors around that he's a girl though, lol! The only reason I picked Link is becouse the Zelda games are more creative, they're always coming up with new exciting things, and the details and artwork is amazing, Ganondorf looks f**k** sweet! "Final" Fantasy, final my @$$, how many "Final" fantasy's has there been!!! The only good one was 7, but even that was pretty gay, the characters are all pretty generic and uninspiring! And as far as the Omnislash goes, it looks more like Ike's Great Aether!

Make sense next time please. :|

It made sense for other ppl to reply to it! Read it better next time!  :|
Coming 2099.

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2008, 08:35:41 PM »
Everyone please remember to not feed the trolls. (also, stop making disgracing Daigo's name.)
You are now the final object of the 2538. Bring them together, and show us your smile.

animugen

« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2008, 09:33:03 PM »
Well I can see this topic's getting out of whack.But what's with the lack of voters?There's lots of replies but not alot of voters.I wonder why? :-??

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2008, 09:49:27 PM »
^Some people would rather discuss the topic than vote.  :)

animugen

« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2008, 09:52:30 PM »
^Some people would rather discuss the topic than vote.  :)

Good Point  ^^(PM)^

But I wish to see more votes though.

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2008, 01:25:08 AM »

NUTS!
Well LoZ is a bit overrated too (I'm pretty sure Fire Emblem games don't even sell half as well as Zelda games), and it's not even a real rpg. It's an adventure game. Sure you can talk to villagers, but Link just about 100% of the time has no background story, no voice or anything. It just feels almost as if you're playing a robot, also almost all of his games consist of stopping a madman named Ganondorf from ruling the planet. Sometimes there will be a different villain like Majora, or Evil Link, but Ganondorf still tops them as the main villain of Zelda.

Due to comparisons of abilities in their titles. Cloud could put Link's robotic head in a trophy case.

Seriously. It's like your saying Spiderman would beat Superman just because the quality of the series, while ignoring the accomplishments and levels of power between the two heroes.

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:June 27, 2018, 08:24:27 AM
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2008, 02:24:13 AM »
Well LoZ is a bit overrated too (I'm pretty sure Fire Emblem games don't even sell half as well as Zelda games), and it's not even a real rpg. It's an adventure game. Sure you can talk to villagers, but Link just about 100% of the time has no background story, no voice or anything. It just feels almost as if you're playing a robot, also almost all of his games consist of stopping a madman named Ganondorf from ruling the planet. Sometimes there will be a different villain like Majora, or Evil Link, but Ganondorf still tops them as the main villain of Zelda.

Due to comparisons of abilities in their titles. Cloud could put Link's robotic head in a trophy case.

Seriously. It's like your saying Spiderman would beat Superman just because the quality of the series, while ignoring the accomplishments and levels of power between the two heroes.

Zelda is not over-rated. Just because something gets excellent scores doesn't mean it's over-rated. Final Fantasy is a bit over-rated though when you think about it.

As for Link being a "robot"... no, just no. The Zelda games are supposed to make you feel like you're Link, that's why they don't have him talk and make you do your own thing. That's what I like about the Zelda games.

Anyways, I chose Link because in a sword to sword, no magic bull, Link would own.

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2008, 02:48:44 AM »

Zelda is not over-rated. Just because something gets excellent scores doesn't mean it's over-rated. Final Fantasy is a bit over-rated though when you think about it.

As for Link being a "robot"... no, just no. The Zelda games are supposed to make you feel like you're Link, that's why they don't have him talk and make you do your own thing. That's what I like about the Zelda games.

Anyways, I chose Link because in a sword to sword, no magic bull, Link would own.
Well If I was Link, I wouldn't save Hyrule.  :P I'd move to another city and let Hyrule burn to the ground.  Also Legend of Zelda has it's fanboys and fangirls. Trust me, I know a lot of them. I also know people that heard about Zelda and never played any of the games.
I bet if you said fire emblem to any of those people, they would have no clue what you're talking about. That's what it takes to not be overrated.
One more thing is, in Advent Children, Cloud can cut through scyscrapers. So  I'd imagine Link's shield couldn't do anything against Clouds sword. In all words.

Cloud = Superman
Link = Spiderman.

FFVII's Planet = The entire planet
Hyrule = NYC.

Offline Akeme

• Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:March 15, 2010, 11:16:35 PM
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2008, 04:38:04 AM »

Well If I was Link, I wouldn't save Hyrule.  :P I'd move to another city and let Hyrule burn to the ground.  Also Legend of Zelda has it's fanboys and fangirls. Trust me, I know a lot of them. I also know people that heard about Zelda and never played any of the games.
I bet if you said fire emblem to any of those people, they would have no clue what you're talking about. That's what it takes to not be overrated.
One more thing is, in Advent Children, Cloud can cut through scyscrapers. So  I'd imagine Link's shield couldn't do anything against Clouds sword. In all words.

Cloud = Superman
Link = Spiderman.

Hyrule = NYC.
Exactly ;)

"Since when thy become the bad guy"

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • The trend setter
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2008, 07:20:05 AM »
Hey there i  back

I Argree with VKM. It good to c others c wat i c but. . . . . . . .

animugen

« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2008, 08:30:14 AM »
Oh now Cloud and Link are Equal.Wow you guys sure love to argue don't you.In my opinion I think there's no such thing as overrated.

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:June 27, 2018, 08:24:27 AM
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2008, 11:59:21 AM »

Cloud = Superman
Link = Spiderman.

Hyrule = NYC.

*lol* at letting it burn.

Just because people heard of Zelda and never played them doesn't mean it's overrated.

Overrated (by the majority of people) means bad quality getting too much praise and getting rated more than it's worth. Zelda doesn't fall into that category. I'll give an example when I answer in the next qoute. ;)

I'll admit, I never heard of Fire Emblem till I played Melee, but that's because I'm not a fan of RPGs.

Lastly, if Cloud = Superman, then he is the most boring superhero EVAR! :P

In my opinion I think there's no such thing as overrated.

Except for Halo.

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Offline Akeme

• Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:March 15, 2010, 11:16:35 PM
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2008, 12:06:58 PM »
Teros is correct zelda is a high quality game and doesn't fall in that category.

"Since when thy become the bad guy"

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar