collapse

Author Topic: Please clear me a doubt: Megaman 9 = not Rockman and Forte?  (Read 786 times)

Offline Ryu # 20

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 04, 2016, 08:34:54 AM
  • Justice Fighter
    • Email
Please clear me a doubt: Megaman 9 = not Rockman and Forte?
« on: February 20, 2008, 04:25:26 PM »
I remember seeing a post here where it said it wasn't the same. Please let me know.

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
  • Last Login:October 15, 2021, 10:01:22 AM
  • Infinity News Reporter and Journalist
    • My youtube channel
Re: Please clear me a doubt: Megaman 9 = not Rockman and Forte?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 05:43:30 PM »
Megaman officially never existed...but Rockman and Forte/Megaman and Bass is considered the 9th game of the series,due to being released for SNES and with the classic series scheme and characters in it :)

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2012, 05:37:23 AM
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 09:28:38 PM »
It's not, since it's a completely different game. Although a lot of people say it is. I guess it could be said that it's a continuation to Megaman 8 in the same way that Final Fantasy X-2 is the continuation of FFX.

@KPT: Of course it would have the same scheme and characters. It's the original Megaman series, not the X or Zero series.
You are now the final object of the 2538. Bring them together, and show us your smile.

Offline Ryu # 20

• Infinity Regular
  • Justice Fighter
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2008, 07:24:35 AM »
But I mean: Is there a Megaman 9? If so, which platform?

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2008, 10:04:37 AM »
But I mean: Is there a Megaman 9? If so, which platform?

There is no such thing as a Megaman 9 game.
You are now the final object of the 2538. Bring them together, and show us your smile.

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:April 27, 2024, 07:01:29 PM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2008, 01:49:38 PM »
It's not, since it's a completely different game. Although a lot of people say it is. I guess it could be said that it's a continuation to Megaman 8 in the same way that Final Fantasy X-2 is the continuation of FFX.

@KPT: Of course it would have the same scheme and characters. It's the original Megaman series, not the X or Zero series.

Right, the offical standing of Rockman and Forte is that the game takes place after Rockman 8 and is considered as part of the canon, but is not to be considered as Rockman 9. In fact, if you use an action replay to look at the source code of the game, the working title of the game is listed as Rockman 8.5, since it uses the sprite style of Rockman 8. To date, Rockman 9 does not exist and Capcom has no plans of providing closure to the Rockman 20XX Era.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

animugen

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2008, 02:28:14 PM »
I've got Rockman and Forte on my Snes emulator.If you want it I can just send it to you and you can see for yourself.Ppl call it Megaman 9 but that's false it's Rockman and Forte released for the Super Famicom in 1997 I believe.It's been released here in the USA as Megaman and Bass for the GBA.So there is no Megaman 9.But I don't get why ppl keep calling it that.

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2008, 02:46:50 PM »
I've got Rockman and Forte on my Snes emulator.If you want it I can just send it to you and you can see for yourself.Ppl call it Megaman 9 but that's false it's Rockman and Forte released for the Super Famicom in 1997 I believe.It's been released here in the USA as Megaman and Bass for the GBA.So there is no Megaman 9.But I don't get why ppl keep calling it that.

I could never figure it out. I mean you don't see people calling Super Mario World "Super Mario Bros. 4", so what the deal with MM?
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline Ryu # 20

• Infinity Regular
  • Justice Fighter
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2008, 03:06:36 PM »

I already got it: Kick-@$$! My personal favorite besides the X series. And Megaman Soccer rocks as well.

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2008, 10:09:55 PM »

Right, the offical standing of Rockman and Forte is that the game takes place after Rockman 8 and is considered as part of the canon, but is not to be considered as Rockman 9. In fact, if you use an action replay to look at the source code of the game, the working title of the game is listed as Rockman 8.5, since it uses the sprite style of Rockman 8. To date, Rockman 9 does not exist and Capcom has no plans of providing closure to the Rockman 20XX Era.

Pretty much the only way that proves the entire Rockman story is the Perfect Works book.

Why can't Capcom just release a short series of games that close each Rockman era? (I wanna see how the X/Zero series leads into the Legends series already.)

Offline Ryu # 20

• Infinity Regular
  • Justice Fighter
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2008, 07:26:55 AM »
Pretty much the only way that proves the entire Rockman story is the Perfect Works book.

Why can't Capcom just release a short series of games that close each Rockman era? (I wanna see how the X/Zero series leads into the Legends series already.)

Now that you say it...  I think it would lead into the Megaman Zero series. Zero's ending in Megaman X6 might give a hint. Zero goes to sleep while X is given the task of defending Earth. Zero's final line is "Here's to a good sleep.". And in X's bad ending in Megaman X5 (where X has no memory of Zero), X talks about Elysium, his Reploid utopia and so on. And in Megaman Zero, Zero wakes up and fights a corrupted version of X, right? (I never played Megaman Zero but that's what I know).

Aren't the Megaman Legends series the 3D games that Megaman and Roll try to find energy for the world? I think that might be a spin-off, or maybe before or after the classic Megaman series.

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2008, 10:11:27 AM »

Now that you say it...  I think it would lead into the Megaman Zero series. Zero's ending in Megaman X6 might give a hint. Zero goes to sleep while X is given the task of defending Earth. Zero's final line is "Here's to a good sleep.". And in X's bad ending in Megaman X5 (where X has no memory of Zero), X talks about Elysium, his Reploid utopia and so on. And in Megaman Zero, Zero wakes up and fights a corrupted version of X, right? (I never played Megaman Zero but that's what I know).

Aren't the Megaman Legends series the 3D games that Megaman and Roll try to find energy for the world? I think that might be a spin-off, or maybe before or after the classic Megaman series.

Spin-off? Um, no. It's after the Zero series. Megaman -> X -> Zero -> Legends.

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 19, 2016, 06:01:36 PM
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2008, 02:30:17 PM »
i know most of the whole story because i played them all except for advent (hence the reason why i said most)-. if you guys want i could elaborate on this more.

SIG BY AKEME & ROSALINA BY LG

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:February 23, 2014, 07:33:54 PM
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2008, 04:27:33 PM »

I could never figure it out. I mean you don't see people calling Super Mario World "Super Mario Bros. 4", so what the deal with MM?

funny though, considering it says that in the intro to the game.

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 19, 2016, 06:01:36 PM
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2008, 06:12:32 PM »
megaman legends is a spinoff. it goes like this  megaman-->megaman x-->Megaman zero-->megaman zx

in there story line megaman came first then from 30 years (amount of time it took for the tube x was in to test his systems for reliability) to about 100 years the x series then 100 hundred years later mgaman zero comes and zero carries the torch and does what x did in his absence then zero dies so does x but he dies before zero in mmz3 then another 100 years later x and zero are made into biometal which gives its host their powers to use which thus brings us to the megaman zx series.

SIG BY AKEME & ROSALINA BY LG

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2008, 11:20:46 PM »
megaman legends is a spinoff. it goes like this  megaman-->megaman x-->Megaman zero-->megaman zx

in there story line megaman came first then from 30 years (amount of time it took for the tube x was in to test his systems for reliability) to about 100 years the x series then 100 hundred years later mgaman zero comes and zero carries the torch and does what x did in his absence then zero dies so does x but he dies before zero in mmz3 then another 100 years later x and zero are made into biometal which gives its host their powers to use which thus brings us to the megaman zx series.

Legends is not a spin-off as Capcom has confirmed through the sourcebook "Rockman Perfect Memories" that it is it the main timeline. At the time it was written, it was placed after the X series. Although the book was published 12.2.2002 and Zero 1 was released 4.26.2002, Zero did not exist at the time DASH/Legends was archived for the book. Since two series now exist after X, it is safe to say the timeline runs as follows:

Rock(Mega)man (200X-20XX) --> X (21XX-22XX) --> Zero (23XX) --> ZX (25XX) --> DASH/Legends (Unknown) whereas:

EXE/Battle Network (20XX) --> Ryusei/Star Force (22XX) in an alternate world.

Edit: Note, The X Timeline runs to 22XX because that is the year Command Mission (currently the final game of the series) takes place.

I say safe because there are small existances of early reverbot technology present in the Zero series, in particular Zero 2 and 3, as well as ZX. The Rever eye in the forest stage (Zero 2), the quantam refractor in a Cubit Foxtar's boss room (Zero 3), not to mention most of the smaller flying bat-type enemies have the eye. The Model W(Model V) core has the eye on various parts of it's body and also has a stitched mouth, a characteristic marking that is prevelent on the larger-type reverbots.

Edit: That's 11 points for characteristic, and 11 points for prevelent, plus double score for the same sentence, sweet! I just won the internet!  :DxDie :DxDie :DxDie
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 11:48:06 PM by G Lux »
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[Today at 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 02, 2024, 09:44:33 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar