collapse

Author Topic: Spider-man mugen update  (Read 8863 times)

Offline BP

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:February 11, 2023, 07:35:28 AM
Spider-man mugen update
« on: August 24, 2021, 07:29:17 AM »
hey guys, ive been taking my time, doing some small things here and there on this mugen
but september is coming so i wanted to release this as a last (at least in foreseeable future) update
there is nothing too major, mostly bug fixes, interface updates and a few new or transferred moves

here are most things, whats been done:

(click to show/hide)

also there is a doc ock update, also nothing too major, but here is the list:
(click to show/hide)

all in all guys, it probably will be my last release in quite a while, since im starting my study soon
just wanted to say thank you to everyone for all the participation and support, and sorry if i didnt include/used something you contributed or suggested, but i did it as i like it/managed to do
but as you know, stuff i release is open to updates from anyone who willing to give it a try

just in case i disappear, want to say it clearly, if you want to use/update something ive done, you dont need to search for me, you automatically have a green light from my side (just please, be fair in crediting, dont replace or move back original authors name with your own). i cant speak for my other co-authors, even though im pretty sure both Arkady and Dev would have the same response, but you understand, i cant speak for other people. Sprites for Shocker, Lady Deathstrike, Dr.Octopus are done by me (with contributions for Doc listed in the readme), Mr.Sinister sprites we have done together with Dev. Coding for Shocker and Lady Deathstrike is done by Arkady (again with contributions listed in the readmes). All authors for Spider-man mugen is in the Credits.txt file

links:

spider-man mugen ver.01/09/2022
Code: [Select]
www.mediafire.com/file/febebm5tx11ge05/Spider-man_mugen.rar/filedr octopus
www.mediafire.com/file/iq0pq00q8wj4ai6/DrOctopus.rar/file
and i will still be around to download new stuff, im pretty sure, but just in case i disappear, good luck to everyone! and keep creating :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: September 01, 2022, 07:35:14 AM by BP »

Offline dev.

• Contributor
  • Last Login:March 19, 2024, 03:08:03 PM
Re: Spider-man mugen update
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2021, 08:11:30 AM »
Hey man! Great update, congratulations.
Good luck with your studies and of anyone is wondering, my stuff is also open source.

Online O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:Today at 10:59:37 AM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2021, 01:56:11 PM »
Congrats buddy! I loved the screenpack btw.

Offline BP

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2021, 05:18:16 PM »
thank you Dev, really great to hear it! hoping to see some future stuff you showed previously eventually released as well :thumbsup:

O Ilu, thank you, means a lot :)

Offline BP

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2022, 01:59:32 AM »
hey guys, its back to my dayjob soon, so im uploading what ive been tweaking with, this holiday

(click to show/hide)

Spider-man mugen:

www.mediafire.com/file/4byxjl5wi2r9hlu/Spider-man_mugen.rar/file
Dr Octopus 1.0:

www.mediafire.com/file/nn87p1x9v1g0k79/DrOctopus.rar/file
ps. still some small things left to do, but im afraid i will not have free time any time soon, so its just what ive managed to put together
have fun!

pps. also here is new shocker portrait made and shared with me by wil.li.an, but sadly i didnt had time to edit it and insert it in, but sharing it here with you guys in its raw version, thanks to wil.li.an!, very cool portrait, wish i had my shocker backups to edit the net to match it:
(click to show/hide)

ppps. there was an error in doc ock .cmd file which made it hard to execute hypers sometimes, now it is fixed, both links updated
« Last Edit: January 15, 2022, 08:32:07 AM by BP »

Offline BP

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2022, 06:36:35 AM »
hey guys, small, but pretty important update, wanted to do more things, before uploading, but pretty annoying bugs have come up, which were fixed, so couldnt wait, dont want buggy version to be out there for longer. in short, what's new and fixed:

-added 6 palettes to every character by original authors, Yolomate, Tony_Spector, others (people said there are problems, and it was true, it wasnt just simple "download and paste", several characters had problems with palettes, now it is fixed, palettes included - thanks for the heads up, Warecus)
-several important bugs fixed (stages gaps, .cmd errors and leftovers, Spider-man had an old .cmd file which made at least 1 of his moves unavailable)
-added 1 new hyper for Rhino, 2 previous hypers merged into 1 (2 that were almost exact same), some additional frames for intros/winposes, more voicelines, bugfixes
-added Kingpin beat-em-up minigame (serves as a final boss for now, not meant to be picked by the player, only for ai). Credits to Prime Op, Phantom.of.the.Server, UltraRoboninja, Zvitor.
-Shocker has new effects for hyper blasts (thanks to FrankJr character by DDR), new portrai by Wil.li.an
-Hobgoblin pumpkin patch move was improved, pumpkin on the ground now cannot be kicked off, so move is actually useful now
-"large" characters now will be caught in a big webtrap animation, instead of a regular one. includes moves of Spider-man and Venom, but not Symbiote Spider (i plan to replace him completely someday)
-maybe some other small things, im forgetting, mostly uploading this because of bugfixes. there are still plans for at least 1 new update, stay tuned

www.mediafire.com/file/fokxzh1lea3371z/Spider-man_mugen.rar/file
enjoy!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2022, 07:06:48 AM by BP »

Offline BP

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2022, 10:41:37 AM »
uploading this one guys, since im not in the mood for the mugen work lately, really comes in hard, want to take a hiatus
it is very small update, just some bugfixes, screenpack update (simul names, select screen player indicators, and portraits now cut to web frame around them, not just a square), and an assassin hyper added to kingpin, 1 new punch for venom (animation by HIIVolt-07). some balance and bugfixing stuff, not really worth mentioning (could not find vulture throw bug still, sorry, it is most likely still there)

www.mediafire.com/file/pl57ddpfuty6glw/Spider-man_mugen.rar/file
will wait for morbius update and kraven or some other releases, and some good news in the real world to continue work on this. so enjoy this version, for now ;)

ps. lizard minigame, sinister and deathstrike updates are still in plans, just for later

Online O Ilusionista

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2022, 01:13:16 PM »
oh, nice!

Offline dev.

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2022, 07:25:20 AM »
Pretty cool

Offline laspacho

• RMM Project Leader
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:April 21, 2024, 07:31:48 PM
  • Robot Master
    • Infinity Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2022, 10:06:59 AM »
Wonderful.   :)

Offline BP

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2022, 12:01:04 PM »
 :)

there is also kraven wip ongoing guys, very far into development
for those who dont visit MMV
not related to me in any way, but spreading the word, since the authors currently are not active on IMT, as far as i know (Deanjo2000 started it, Candido159 picked it up and working on it):

« Last Edit: March 17, 2022, 03:32:38 PM by BP »

Offline BP

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2022, 03:01:58 AM »
hey guys!
so without much talk, here is another Spider-man mugen update, now properly including (also updated) Morbius:

big thanks to all previous authors (Pilgrim, Jspiderman17, Candido159) for doing amazing work on him and making this whole character possible, and especially Blade for his Iron fist character and now even the head edit is also made by him (slightly edited here).

Morbius by "Blade, Ghost Rider, Acey, Blagoy, ZVitor, Pilgrim, jspiderman17, candido159, Bigpimp"
Changes I did to previous publicly available version of Morbius:
(click to show/hide)

Changes to the mugen itself are minor, only new player1 player2 text, adjustments for Morbius in the select screen, and maybe some other very minor stuff

link for the full mugen:
www.mediafire.com/file/0e4s5r5egg77usk/Spider-man_mugen.rar/file
happy Easter and have fun!

Offline warecus

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 22, 2023, 01:28:41 AM
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2022, 12:10:02 AM »
Looks great. Although I wish his standing fierce punch had more range

Offline GTAguy

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 21, 2024, 06:23:52 PM
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2022, 03:50:33 AM »
Any plans for The Lizard adding for this game?
There is this char, but seriously needs a big update of it.

Offline BP

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2022, 11:18:29 AM »
thanks warecus. well, i didnt redo any punch animations, since they all looked very smooth
i guess you could try to shift him forward sprite by sprite and back on reverse and move hitboxes or try to add vel modifier to simulate his movement forward (he is hovering after all). maybe i will also try that actually

Any plans for The Lizard adding for this game?
There is this char, but seriously needs a big update of it.

yep, he is the last major villain missing imo
but only in a sense of a minigame, much like kingpin's minigame in this mugen already
no space on select screen really and also i like the big bulky lizard from tas, and current lizard character base doesnt allow for that sadly

so only a minigame, but with completely new sprites
here is a preview actually:

they look much like tas lizard i think (tiger upper body + ghostkick legs)
head by JEDDragon (edited)

PS. But this mugen is not moleboxed or anything, if anyone wants to add/replace/remove something. That's just my plans
« Last Edit: April 21, 2022, 11:32:28 AM by BP »

Offline GTAguy

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2022, 05:10:14 AM »
I much prefer for a playable character than a mini game. We've waited for a long decent Lizard and you just make mini game out of it. That's like making Dhalsim and put him as a mini game.

We had a crappy muscle lizard, then a somehow mediocre lizard with some CLSN problems, then lizard who's only in full game and a final boss type character. The best one, although a bit capuria-like and transformation ,in which I don't remember in the cartoons or comic and now you're saying for a mini game for this?! We deserve alot better for the Spidey Mugen fans.

Offline dev.

• Contributor
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2022, 10:39:51 AM »
Lol chill bro. If the creator wants to do a mini game, he can create a mini game. We should be grateful for whatever we can get. Honestly I'm pretty excited about tgis mini game too. If BP wants to make a full character, he can do that later. Be respectful to the creators. You're not in any position to make demands.

Offline BP

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2022, 05:40:46 PM »
i would prefer full character too
sadly, it takes about 5 to 10 times more work than a minigame. and even a minigame takes hours upon hours to make
and as most of the mugen creators, im doing this as a hobby
so as Dev said, not really a place to make demands, no offense

but i will take it as a compliment that you like this lizard concept

honestly, im not so sure myself anymore, it is still not the big lizard we have seen in the animated series sadly
after testing it in game, cant say that im inspired to make full character out of this guy, just being honest
he turning out smaller than rhino or venom, in both height and wideness, where he should be pretty much towering over both of them:

his size starts to be pretty much comparable to a buff shocker or something
like a punk lizard, not the monster lizard ive wanted, even though i like the bases and the look overall

but maybe someone will make him into a complete char, minigame will come up to around 50 sprites, (currently 34 done, just without toenails), as ive counted now, but full character would require around 250
and im not the biggest lizard fan, and not really feeling it yet, so for now it is planned only like an entry, training type minigame

Offline BP

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2022, 12:20:23 PM »
hey guys, there is actually 1 thing ive been struggling with
im not really good with making new head edits

for the most part default head position fits the sprites good enough
there are just a few sprites that really need a different head. i only made those pretty subpar edits made from default head by JEDDragon (included on the right). maybe someone who is good with head edits can lend me a hand here, for diagonal body position and for horizontal body position:

or maybe to point me to the right capcom shaded character base which has similar shape/size of the head that can be edited for the use in those sprites

edit: made some progress on the horizontal one:

« Last Edit: May 04, 2022, 05:16:37 PM by BP »

Offline warecus

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2022, 11:54:16 PM »
Really cool stuff. Maybe sprite size could be changed in code or you use rotosprite to size up. It worked for me and didn’t distort the quality by much if at all

Offline BP

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2022, 11:10:58 AM »
Really cool stuff. Maybe sprite size could be changed in code or you use rotosprite to size up. It worked for me and didn’t distort the quality by much if at all

thanks man
but regarding size ive tried both methods already and both did distort quality in my case (code scale less so, but still, lizard has those thin lines all over skin and coat, torn clothes parts, its already little janky at spots)
i do wonder if ikemen does the same with scale code though..

edit: yep, it does exactly the same thing too(
guess i will just have to accept it as is
« Last Edit: May 05, 2022, 11:40:07 AM by BP »

Offline Blagoy

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:April 26, 2024, 10:45:20 AM
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2022, 05:01:29 PM »
I use rotSprite better than some programs
http://info.sonicretro.org/RotSprite

Offline BP

« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2022, 11:35:41 AM »
yeah yeah guys, i know about this thing, it was used in sinister too
the lizard diagonal gethit head was made in it also in the pictures above

ive tried it for enlargement, quality def takes a hit:

if you look at the lines on the arm, collar (nails and head could be copy-pasted from original image, but not bodyparts)
many single pixel wide lines become double pixel wide lines, etc

ive tried to enlarge only legs, since they seem take less of a quality hit, and also seems to be the problem of short height
but then they look too wide, not good also...

this may be good for some characters, like blob comes to mind, would only improve him, since he suppose to have somewhat flabby distorted skin
but def not the characters that should have clear outlines

for now im sticking to just stretching out legs in some sprites, by 1 or 2 pixels in different spots

Offline warecus

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2022, 06:02:16 PM »
Hey I think lizard looks dope regardless of size. And the comparisons you showed I don’t see a problem, but I get what you mean. If you want something and it is not producing the outcome you want can be incredibly frustrating.

When it’s said and done I hope fights cool because he already looks great.

Offline .black dragon.

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:February 10, 2024, 10:52:39 PM
  • Hi! I'm new!!
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2022, 08:04:26 PM »
makes me want to join this project
I might give you guys some love I have plans to work on a Spider-Man character

Offline BP

« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2022, 01:33:56 AM »
thanks man, and great to hear experienced creators getting interested :thumbsup:
any new spider-man characters are a joy to see, for me personally especially if they appeared in TAS

my own mugen deadline is around august this year, maybe september. i still have 2 updates planned in foreceable future - lizard minigame (hopefully next week) - 1 more after kraven expected soon release from the post above

this mugen is for sure open for anyone to develop or build upon, now or in the future, and hopefully, that happens. ive seen people take it to their own different directions on a small scale already, but nothing too big yet

but if this played some role in getting only that kraven character in the video above (as the current author said to me), and nothing else, i say it was already all worth it ;) for me personally at least

but seeing even more characters would be amazing
« Last Edit: May 07, 2022, 01:44:30 AM by BP »

Offline Melter

• Last Login:February 25, 2023, 02:34:15 PM
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2022, 04:41:46 AM »
Bp, have you considered adding intros and endings to all the chars, showing how to do specials and supers or telling their stories, like, for example, the Avengers vs X-Men game? It would give the game a more professional touch. It's not neccesary, but it could be cool.

It's just a suggestion. All the work you have done is admirable

Offline BP

« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2022, 08:23:10 AM »
i did man, but honestly i just watch ai fight ai in mugens nowadays, and with limited time i probably will have soon, just not thinking about it anymore, sorry. after this lizard minigame there is still need for kraven stage and unfinished sinister update from beta to 1.0 looming over me and Dev. and Dev also has another much more timeconsuming stuff he is focusing on going on too.

but those 3 i mentioned i just find most essential for myself to finish and want to get them done before thinking about anything else

so not really eyeing it up for now, but in any case, im sure there are people who can do better job at those cutscenes than i would, people who know comics better and better at storytelling, if i never get around to it

Online O Ilusionista

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2022, 09:26:24 AM »
oh, nice work on Lizard!

Offline BP

« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2022, 08:00:19 AM »
Thanks man!
Hopefully release is around the corner

Offline BP

« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2022, 06:42:27 AM »
Hey guys, as promised, Lizard minigame and another Spider-man mugen update!

(click to show/hide)

download:
www.mediafire.com/file/kxpl3y1940p2kzb/Spider-man_mugen.rar/file
have fun!

Offline laspacho

• RMM Project Leader
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:April 21, 2024, 07:31:48 PM
  • Robot Master
    • Infinity Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2022, 11:34:03 AM »
Great looking Lizard mini game.

Offline GTAguy

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2022, 05:21:05 AM »
Wish he was a playable character....
It's like Dural as NPC all over again.

Offline BP

« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2022, 11:40:48 AM »
Great looking Lizard mini game.

thanks man)

Wish he was a playable character....
It's like Dural as NPC all over again.

maybe he will be someday
and you have opportunity to build upon it and make it into full character yourself too

Offline GTAguy

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2022, 03:25:06 PM »
You mean... 'We all have opportunity to build upon it make it into full character for ourself too.'

Online O Ilusionista

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2022, 01:03:15 PM »
Trying BigPimp's Spider-Man game, which features a char I've code some years ago: Black Cat

Online O Ilusionista

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2022, 11:03:09 AM »
Battle of Villains - Spider-Man Game

Offline GTAguy

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2022, 06:25:40 AM »
Someone released a pack of sprites of Lizard. Only for those who interested in him, it's on Mugen Archive. But I won't share it due might breaking the rules.

Offline BP

« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2022, 12:51:05 PM »
hey guys, as you might have expected, with release of Kraven by Deanjo2000 & Candido159 there is bound to be Spider-man mugen update. There are other many small changes, i honestly cant remember all of them right now, mostly to code/hitboxes, etc.

(click to show/hide)

Download link (ver.27/06/2022):
www.mediafire.com/file/mc17t2aw0ncfwzj/Spider-man_mugen.rar/file
have fun!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2022, 04:48:43 PM by BP »

Offline BP

« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2022, 04:44:27 PM »
hey guys, tested for a few days, seems no issues anymore
so uploading this final (hopefully) patch-update
quick summary compared to original post:

-Shocker AI fixed to use hypers
-Morbius AI fixed to use hypers
-Green Goblin/Hobgoblin fix for missing frames in Spider-man "One for J.J" hyper
-slightly better Sandman AI (was nerfed a little too much)
-slightly better Electro AI (was nerfed a little too much)
-Mysterio AI uses recovery rolls again
-Mysterio AI more often uses "Mirror" hyper
-Mysterio fixed colors on his glove for 1 of the gethit sprites
-Tombstone has his main punching bag special made to be MUCH more useful with extra hitdef (so to balance it out, his defence lowered from 150 to 125, and lowered some AI values; seems to be balanced now)
-Tombstone AI more often uses his "Diamond Skin" hyper and counter special
-Lizard has new hyper (lizards run)
-Lizard and Kingpin minigames thugs/minions count now changes with difficulty level (no thugs at easy 1-2 levels, less thugs for medium 3-5 levels)

i think thats it!

link in the previous post was updated

Offline BP

« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2022, 07:34:04 AM »
took way longer than i expected
but new symbiote spidey is done!, basic version
and also update for spidey mugen

-chars are blocked from moving around before match starts (some had that ability, some didnt)
-tombstone sometimes had his "diamond skin" hyper effect ending prematurely (fixed)
-venom had his new F+MP punch not connecting into combos properly (fixed)
-non-kid friendly stuff replaced/removed (includes dead and bloodied cop bodies in carnage stage and 1 dead body in rhino stage)

(click to show/hide)

Download link ver.01/09/2022:
www.mediafire.com/file/febebm5tx11ge05/Spider-man_mugen.rar/file
ps. symbiote spider palette can be tweaked to have "clean" spider man bodytype sprites which are open to be used for future wips

have fun!

Offline GTAguy

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2022, 04:13:06 AM »
Looks cool. So, any new chars in the future or a playable Lizard come to rise?

Offline nickfurry

• Initiate
  • Last Login:February 16, 2023, 05:27:54 AM
« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2022, 03:53:32 AM »
Great work, this thing looks pretty good

Online O Ilusionista

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2022, 11:40:32 AM »
Testing the recently released/updated Spiderman and Kraven.
Also a new Kraven stage.

Offline BP

« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2023, 10:34:17 AM »
hey guys, so decided to upload this preview version (basically most current one), since a lot of work has been done and all included characters (aside from goblins) are completed (only possible changes left are mouth movements for few intros/winposes and organized palettes)

very much in need of testing, since a lot of experimental changes has been done (most notable: vulture youth steal hyper, rhino super armor, doc ock octobot summon, venom and carnage new hyper effects, etc, all need good testing). i dont want final version turn out to be buggy

ive uploaded previous preview version to vip section, but only very few people downloading it from there, definitely not enough for proper testing, so here it is for public. this is NOT final version from me, but sort of mid-way update to find and eliminate bugs and such. goblins will have new sprites, anims and effects, and possibly some code changes, but nothing experimental, nothing that can break, so im not worried about those future changes that much

(click to show/hide)

www.mediafire.com/file/pmzw802sngaqia4/Spider-man_mugen_prefinal.rar/file
enjoy guys! and please do let me know the feedback
i will be focusing on goblins next

ps.24/01/2023 updated with few non-critical bugfixes
« Last Edit: January 24, 2023, 10:24:02 AM by BP »

Offline BP

« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2023, 09:53:35 AM »
hey guys
seems that i wont be able to upload final update in February because of my real life getting somewhat busy in next months, but it is probably for the best, nothing will be rushed. Wil.li.an and Empawk and Jspiderman as you know are working independently from me, so it will not affect their work, but with the upload probably would be a little longer

in any case, abovementioned rhino issue was fixed, as possibly as few other small issues (cant remember now, but carnage and venom stage were accidentally made un-selectable, only appearing in arcade - fixed), but also pretty cool, Wil.li.an adapted that famous Seth Zankuten intro from old Carnage version, with merged head sprites and such, was added:

i didn't include any goblin changes yet, since its still very much a wip, and want to keep GG and hobgoblin equal, and hobgoblin doesn't have any new sprites done as of yet

but in any case, just uploading this one, since probably for a few months it will be the version to use

www.mediafire.com/file/g0sfw5w61hw6dzy/Spider-man_mugen.rar/file
enjoy!

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 [27]
28 29 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal