collapse

Author Topic: CASTing your Vote for favorite actors & their superhero roles  (Read 1737 times)

Offline Arkady

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 23, 2024, 06:43:18 AM
  • "Create the Un-Creatable"
CASTing your Vote for favorite actors & their superhero roles
« on: October 16, 2014, 09:02:57 PM »
I'd have to say as a comicbook nerd, and major Marvel fan, I am astounded by the quality and talent super hero genre has been getting in the past ten years
the stories are getting better, and the action is too, they've all become an adventure
rather than a hero vs villain movie

great casts of
Robert downey jr as Ironman
Samuel L Jackson as Nick fury
Christian Bale as Batman
Anthony Hopkins as Odin
Halle Berry as Storm
Liam Neeson as Ras Al Ghul
Edward Norton as Bruce Banner
Ian Mckellen as Magneto
Heath Ledger as The Joker
Robert Redford as Alexander Peirce
Patrick Stuart as Professor X
Gweneth Paltrow as Pepper Potts
even Kevin Bacon as Sebastian Shaw
and of course Hugh JACKman as Logan

some of the more famous "A-listers" to act in superhero films this past decade

I wanted to open a topic where we can list our favourite actors and their "up and coming roles yet to be"

A-listers YOU think would play as "DOCTOR STRANGE" or "the BLACK PANTHER" or "LOBO" whoever, name a character, name the actor suited for it

I'll start, with this weeks mAJOR CRAZE on the internet forums,
who will play the good Doctor Stephen Strange?

currently there is 7 actors that marvel have been looking into
and I'll be picking Matthew McConaughey - Reason A-lister, Marvel need one to sell a character that's important as stephen strange, he is up there with the likes of Nick Fury, in the importance stakes, but here's the kicker, he Is the lead in his own movie, Fury has yet to do that
Plus even if you aren't a comicbook reader/nerd or know who doctor strange is, let alone what Dallas Buyers Club or MUD, or this is the best one TRUE DETECTIVE is you'll go out of your way to watch it, coz matthew McConaughey is drawing you in
(not sure if he'll want the part, but if your looking for a stable income for the next 5 years, and are pretty sick of doing artsy flicks that might win you a few accolades, with fk all pay, you might wanna jump aboard the MCU Train to Avengertown, I have to think that Jacquin Phoenix isn't as appealing to audiences as much as the rest of the 7 actors that are rumoured, but i'm also going with matthew coz he is a great actor, and has done a variety of roles, one of my favorites is  Van ZANT n Regin of Fire
tough son-of-a b!tch, and kick butt dragon slayer, that's the closest he has done to a fantasy role
he's done stripper, detective, vagrant, lawyers, adventurer, gambler with Aids, plenty of RomComs,  Dragon slayer, and now I'm hoping he'll sign up as a Sorceror

« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 06:24:00 PM by Arch »

Offline Tyrannosuarex

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 27, 2020, 03:08:03 PM
  • Hi! I'm new!!
    • Email
Re: CASTing your Vote for favorite actors & their superhero roles
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2014, 09:57:18 PM »
1st  Ian Mckellen as Magneto  ^:)^
2nd Robert downey jr as Ironman
3rd Heath Ledger as The Joker

Offline Arkady

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2014, 03:46:50 AM »
Alright so which actor do you think would be the best Luke cage?
terry crews? Micheal jai white? Winston duke? Billy Brown?
Is there an actor you know of that would be perfect
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 03:53:46 AM by Arch »

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2014, 10:08:48 AM »
Hmmm my honest vote for Luke Cage..Michael Jai White right off the bat. Why..he already a good actor and the fact the he a bonifide martial artist and his flicks demonstrate he is one cool dude. He has the voice as well to play him. He still is the hands down best pick to ever do Spawn and I pray they do another film. Plus of you watch Blood and Bones dvd, he has a extra clips of him demonstrating his boxing skills and how not only fast he is but how much technique he has in it.

Terry Crews comes in as a rough second pick.  Big buff dude, bald, cool actor and def has the gruffness amd demeanor that could fit. Plus he funny too for any comedic moment's.

Offline Arkady

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2014, 10:01:56 PM »
well with jai white being in spawn all those years ago, plus recently in mortal kombat as Jax
too, he does have some background in the super hero/fantasy genre

with Marvel's Netflix series next year, there is already casting done for Daredevil

what about thoughts on Ironfist, Jessica jones and other characters that might be included in the defenders characters?

I've got some idea on Ironfist, will they possibly be going with a martial artist? or these days more likely that it will be an actor than can be taught enough to mimic enough action to portray a martial artist?

I like Damian lewis for the role, although he has no martial arts background, and might be too old for that role, anyone have any thoughts on a good martial artist/actor to play Ironfist?

Offline trexrell44

• Student of the Game
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:February 22, 2020, 09:06:21 PM
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2014, 11:33:59 PM »
I would say Terry Crews would be a much better fit for Luke. He is a much bigger guy and he looks a lot more intimidating and someone who could bring a much broader audience to the role. He is funny and he could play a real good family man/father/husband.

I like Michael Jai, I would love to see him recast as Bronze Tiger in the upcoming Suicide Squad movie. I think he would also make an incredible Black Panther.

I think they can throw just about anyone in the role as Danny Rand and no one would really bat an eye at it. Its not that he is not a great character. His characterization only really goes from Martial artist to business man.

I feel the same way about Dr. Strange, there are so many actors up to play him because we really have nothing to compare it to. That is why Ben Afflect got so much slack, there were so many good and bad actors that we know what to expect. Even though due to all the bad casting Ben is arguably the best casting they have done for the movie up until now.

CENTER]

Offline Arkady

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2014, 12:19:35 AM »
Yeah I like Terry crews, especially in Brooklyn 99, angry terry, very very funny

Ben Affleck, isn't a bad choice, but I feel he'll not be able to stack up against Christian Bales performance, maybe he doesn't need to?

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2014, 08:43:23 AM »
I dunno , Ben might make a good Batman and do justice. He is always a sorta toss up but if he can play a good bruce wayne then thing would be to sell himself as a bonifide Batman.

I love Terry Crews, good select choice for Luke Cage too. Him and Jai White both are probably the best choices and both have put in a bid to play as him. If you aimt watched Blood and Bones.... then you def miss why I said him hands down first. He has all the tools. Toughness, skills, acting amd the proper build. Terry Crews has that same toughness,  intimidating statue, build and height. He older lookin tho but he def can pull it off. If they go the 70' CIrca look the Jai dang sure has it down...look at black dynomite flick. Proves his worth eve more.

For Iron Fist....you could get an unknown to play him too as well any a lister or b movie guy, long as the action is on que and he can sell the look then can do it. Yeah I know many folks that know who iron fist is as the character  in marvel but nothin about him other than that.  Could open a new door for him  if played well.

I feel same way as Trex  does on Dr Strange. 

Offline Arkady

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2014, 06:04:21 PM »
Ok so there's still conjecture on who can play Ironfist, and the defenders in the Netflix series, but I'm sure we'll have more ideas

an interesting one is the rumour of wakanda in age of ultron next year, plus rumours of black panther, being involved in a minor role (most probably introductory) in captain America 3 where the civil war plotline will be featuring Robert Downey Jr as the antagonist, chasing down Captain America
for his and other superheros signature to the registration act

I have looked at a few sites and heard rumors back and forth
and seen what the rumoured casting list for who could be acting as the elusive black panther,
names linked to the role
 Omar Sy, John Boyega, Idris Elba, Edi Gataegi, Gbenga Akinnagbe
Taye Diggs, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbije, Aldis Hodge, and more recently Micheal Kenneth Williams, and Chitwetel Ejiofoyr
all these actors rumored to want the role, or more importantly are willing to see the movie happen,
any thoughts on who you think can portray the king of wakanda, the black panther?

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2014, 06:46:35 PM »
Ahhhh you forgpt about Chadwick Boseman whl was and might be still one of the rumor BP character  as well. Wesley Snipes name was thrown around many many times and was at one stated he would be seriously interested in playing as Black Panther. I still see him as the ultimate and only Blade.  ^:)^.
all the others are great candidates as welll...ok Taye Diggs is pretty  :-?? Tho on that one. lol.

Offline Arkady

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2014, 10:07:02 PM »
Yes that right Chadwick boseman, I thought I wrote that down. I saw an interview with him on jimmy Fallon for his movie on James brown, that looked really good, i'd say he would be the front runner from that list

I wouldn't cast any actor out of that list I wrote that has already played a "superhero part" previously, not for black panther, I feel it should be someone totally new, or if going to get lets say Wesley snipes or Idris Elba
have them play the older father T'chaka, king of wakanda, and black panther
before the avengers T'challa gets introduced as the current black panther

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2014, 12:57:05 PM »
Omfg I totally can say the same thing with when they introduce  ( oh and the rest of the post too lol ) that when they introduce BP in next avengers movie, please let it be the same on for his own movie. When they switched up Hulks I was like  Oh cmon man! I loved Norton as the Hulk. He had that frail but genius Banner vibe going and not being able to control it at will. Till the end clip of the movie anyway.

At first I wasnt sure about Ruffalo playing as Banner but it turned out pretty cool. So now he is the mainstay as Banner. I still like edward norton Hulk look the best. Whoever they cast as Black Panther I hope stays on as him as long as he can really sell the T'challa persona well.

Offline Arkady

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2014, 04:56:51 PM »
Ok then, who would you like to see play his father T'Chaka?
(my minds set up on Djimon Hansou, or Eamonn Walker)

Offline Arkady

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2014, 06:31:20 PM »
Looks like we can be adding Benedict Cumberbatch to the list of actors to play doctor strange, still awaiting marvels confirmation in a few days on that though, I think he is a great choice, but as I've noted before he is an acquired taste, if your a Sherlock fan you'll love him, he is really great actor

(still have my heart set on Matthew McConaghey though)  but relieved its not phoenix or any other rumoured actor, some of them we're just bad choices

Offline Twinimage

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 06, 2020, 01:45:48 PM
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2014, 03:45:46 PM »
Most casting decisions I've liked over the years. The older films (around 2000 - 2008) have had some duds. But those times were more experimental. Never cared for Halle Berry as Storm.

I don't know how I feel about Cumberbatch as Dr. Strange, but I trust Marvel with any of their Avenger movies. The Avenger characters have been very well cast and pretty spot on.

I love Henry Cavill as the new Superman. He was an excellent choice.
If DC is going to make Affleck's Batman the Dark Knight Returns version, I'd just go ahead and recast Michael Keaton as Batman again. I want to see a Dark Knight Returns movie with Keaton and Pfeiffer!

There's very few that I think were BORN to play a role. I think Patrick Stewart as Xavier could be one of those. J.K. Simons as JJJ in Raimi's Spider-man could be another. Christopher Reeves as Superman is probably at the top of my list for best casting choice.

Offline Superjoker

• Infinity Sprite Artist
  • Last Login:November 11, 2019, 10:01:54 PM
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2014, 11:36:47 PM »
wolverine and thor and joker and pretty much all the aussie epic casting is cool

but i think now we will see movie stars doing 2 chars, Black Panther was the original but Snipes and Marvel made Blade instead...

Civil War could mean the biggest crossover...........

But nowadays spoilers and hypes will kill it all! like i'm starting to see after credits of movies now!!

Offline Arkady

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2014, 07:11:30 AM »
Well Chadwick boseman has now been cast as T'Challa the black panther
I can also assume that his father will be appearing in age of ultron, due to confirmed location of wakanda now in that movie along with Andy serkis character (still rumoured) Klaw
so that's probably where the civil war angle is instigated

aside from that captain marvel, doctor strange, inhumans, and avengers infinity wars has also been confirmed for dates along with black panther
so plenty of new franchises and new actors to be casted,

still hoping to hear who's playing who

Offline Twinimage

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 06, 2020, 01:45:48 PM
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2014, 09:32:02 AM »
I'm hoping for Emily Blunt as Captain Marvel. She was great in Edge of Tomorrow. She can handle an action hero role.

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2014, 10:54:27 AM »
I'm hoping for Emily Blunt as Captain Marvel. She was great in Edge of Tomorrow. She can handle an action hero role.

Very good selection. I am checkin out her bod look right now. Hehehe pervy sage mode activated!  ;D

Offline Cain

• Initiate
  • Last Login:November 15, 2019, 04:57:21 PM
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2014, 04:01:28 PM »

I definitely agree. Emily Blunt was great in Edge Of Tomorrow & would be a good casting choice for several action hero roles. I can see her as a grown version of Wanda Maximoff / The Scarlet Witch, Ms. Marvel / Carol Danvers, or maybe even Spider-woman / Jessica Drew.

Though my ideal choice for Captain Marvel / Ms. Marvel will always be Yvonne Strahovski from the tv show Chuck. Also, i've heard several rumors of an X-Force movie being made... and i'd luv it if

Noomi Rapace was Domino
Daniel Cudmore (after gaining 20 to 30 more pounds of muscle) reprised his role as Colossus
Seann William Scott was cast as Deadpool
Tom Hardy & Stephen Lang as a young & old version of Cable
maybe even Brea Grant (from the tv show heroes) cast as Boom Boom / Tabitha Smith

I'd also love it if FOX would get up off there asses & give us either a television series or a movie about the X-Men       told through the perspective of Shadowcat Kitty Pryde. Michelle Trachtenberg would be a great casting choice for Kitty, seeing as though she has the look & the spunk to pull it off.

Offline Arkady

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2014, 04:07:28 PM »
sean willian scott (stiffler) as deadpool, THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!!

dude where's my car!!!!!

I have to also say my pic for captain Marvel is Vikings star Katheryn Winnick
there's a pic floating around the internet with a mock up of her wearing the suit, totally freaking hot!!!

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27
28 29 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal