collapse

Author Topic: Celestial Tear: Demon's Revenge live on Steam  (Read 9750 times)

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Section Moderator
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
Re: A new original 2d rpg.
« Reply #75 on: January 30, 2014, 09:25:57 PM »
This looks great. the team has come a long way^^
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline trexrell44

• Student of the Game
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:February 22, 2020, 09:06:21 PM
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: January 30, 2014, 10:33:03 PM »
This looks great. the team has come a long way^^

Thanks a lot! Lately it has been a lot easier to manage with deadlines and such. But we are trying to define every aspect of the game fully to make a satisfying Demo. But Rickys are really makes everything pop.

CENTER]

Offline DreamBrother

• Initiate
  • Last Login:October 16, 2015, 05:34:26 PM
    • Mugen Multiverse
« Reply #77 on: January 31, 2014, 01:02:48 AM »
Where do you find the time? Great job, congrats

Offline trexrell44

• Student of the Game
  • Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: January 31, 2014, 04:54:39 PM »
Thanks. We have been working on this for some time now. And we are really exited that people like what they see.

CENTER]

Offline trexrell44

• Student of the Game
  • Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #79 on: January 31, 2014, 09:50:09 PM »

In this update we are going to focus on one of the main antagonist of Demon's Revenge Sinara.
Sinara's early life was full of pain and isolation. Sinara and her younger sister Miranda were orphans who grew up in a town (unnamed) overworked and under fed. They spent each day longing for a chance at a real life and a family. The days of work and hunger led Sinara to have deep disdain for society.  That day of having a real family never came and soon the town was ravaged by demons. Sinara and Miranda first encounter with demons wounded them that day for they had nearly lost the only thing they have ever truly posses their lives. They grew enraged by the mere mention of the word demon and vowed to find a way to rid the world of them. When they were of age they joined the ridders . Miranda took a more internal role, while Sinara worked more on the field of battle. Both were Max's best recruits, but Sinara was his prize possession once he saw the potential in her skill, he honed them to there full potential. Max gave Sinara a pet demon, Liz. Despite Sinara's hate for demons, Liz and Sinara manage to become partners in crime. Liz would sacrifice anything for Sinara and Sinara would let her.

Liz is Sinara's partner. As much as Sinara hates demons. She keeps one as her right hand. Liz was discovered by Maximillion and given to Sinara as a pet. She has grown to love Liz and Liz feels the same and has no remorse for the damage that she does to her fellow demons. Liz hate for her own kind could only be explained by the teachings that Sinara has embedded in her mind. Having been the only person she has truly gotten to know.

Sinara is known as being sadistic and evil. She kills without remorse and has a short temper. She seems to tolerate humans a bit more but their lives seem to mean as little to her as demons do. Sinara's fighting prowess has earned her a reputation of being both deadly and overly confident. As she wears little armor and bright colors. This makes her extremely intimidating because she is known more as a legend than of an actual person.

Skills and Abilities

Under Max tutelage Sinara has become one of the most feared warriors of the Demon Ridders. She has learned to use many weaponry and has learned to use and make poisons. Sinara is an excellent marksmen and her weapons of choice are two Chakram which she uses in both ranged and melee combat. Sinara has also been shown to use demon like attributes and abilities. Such as enhanced speed,strength and endurance. This is due to her voluntary experimental procedures that she undergoes which injects a chemical found in demons  that give them the ability to manipulate the atmosphere to produces their elemental abilities. It Something that they excrete out of their pores in times of stress or danger.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 11:25:09 PM by trexrell44 »

CENTER]

Offline trexrell44

• Student of the Game
  • Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #80 on: February 11, 2014, 03:53:53 PM »
We decided to change the name of our game to something less generic. Since Demons Revenge is the name of a previously released flash game, we need to make something a bit more diverse. So we went with adding Celestial Tear to the title which is the name of the universe in which Demon's Revenge takes place. We love the idea for a shared universe with in our games, and we think having it in the title makes our project more diverse. We are between these three color schemes at the moment. I love how it came out.

CENTER]

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #81 on: February 11, 2014, 04:01:41 PM »
yoooo those are tight Trex! i like all 3 . Hmm i def love 2nd and 3rd the most.  Like how the colors are and  the 3rd one def has the darker tone and pops. great work  my bro. :thumbsup:

Offline trexrell44

• Student of the Game
  • Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: February 19, 2014, 12:22:48 AM »

Grandeur Maximillion

In order to talk about Grandeur Maximillion, we have to talk about the ridders. In a time where the conflict between the demons and humans was at its peak, no one had a leader. Battles between the two warring races usually ended in more death than victory for both sides. No side would surrender the world that they felt belong to them. These times were dark, no one felt safe as humans would take captured demons as slaves. Demons would kill their would be dictators, not wanting to be subjected to the dark damp reaches of the world humans had forced upon them.

Seemingly out of nowhere, a man arrived in what is known as a cold and harsh place called D'halis. With only a few men by his side he found a way to keep demons away, and if need be extinguish them with little effort. He taught the men how to fight and protect this place. As time went on they elected him their leader. This man was called Grandeur Maximillion. No one knows where he came from or why he decided to help these people. The town started to blindly follow Max and they did everything he told them. He formed a militia which sole purpose was to kill or capture demons. These where the Demon Ridders. He introduced techniques and ancient relics to these people. He ordered the construction of a grand tower with technology this world has never seen. In the years that the tower was under construction, he spread the mighty hand of the ridders all around the world. He became the known leader of Hasphal, and ruled unopposed with the power of the ridders.

CENTER]

Offline trexrell44

• Student of the Game
  • Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: March 26, 2014, 05:45:54 PM »
Here is a showcase of the voice actors we auditioned to play characters in the 1st playable build. Specail thanks to HyperVoiceacting who has done more work for the project there will be more about that soon.

CENTER]

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #84 on: March 27, 2014, 12:16:25 AM »
cookin up that voice team i see....i like the second female voice after the first character voice. that was pretty damn good on the accent

HAIL CROM!!

Offline trexrell44

• Student of the Game
  • Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: March 27, 2014, 03:12:02 AM »
I  think that is her natural accent. Its funny we really were not looking for something like that but when I heard her audition it sounded just right.

CENTER]

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #86 on: March 27, 2014, 01:02:05 PM »
haha ah i see. thats even better then

HAIL CROM!!

Offline trexrell44

• Student of the Game
  • Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #87 on: March 27, 2014, 10:43:18 PM »
Check this video out and let me know what you think of this one.

This is the type of cut scenes we are going to use to increase the tension and action while retaining that comic book feel.
You guys can check out our website and other social media for more info and updates if you like what you see.

https://www.facebook.com/De...
https://www.Demonsrevenge.com
https://twitter.com/_DemonsRevenge_

CENTER]

Offline trexrell44

• Student of the Game
  • Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: March 29, 2014, 06:45:35 PM »
This is something we have been working on for quite some times and features the voice of Hypersonic AKA Hyper voice Acting

CENTER]

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #89 on: March 29, 2014, 08:25:18 PM »
Neat-o. Glad you found a use for my mediocre voice  :D

Offline trexrell44

• Student of the Game
  • Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #90 on: March 29, 2014, 09:10:38 PM »
Neat-o. Glad you found a use for my mediocre voice  :D

Your voice work was great!  \-/o We need more!

CENTER]

Offline trexrell44

• Student of the Game
  • Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: March 31, 2014, 09:17:45 PM »
Tech demo. This is basic gameplay the battle system is coming soon please let us know what you think. :awwww:

CENTER]

Offline trexrell44

• Student of the Game
  • Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #92 on: April 04, 2014, 09:18:18 PM »
Yin was working on our skill upgrade system when we got into an interesting conversation about it.

Q:If you have skill-trees, will you allow respeccing? Will you be able to learn everything eventually?

A:Yeah, we will definitely have respeccing, but it will have a minor inconvenience for doing so. We were looking at the idea of it costing a few unives. Having a minor inconvenience makes it a bit more legit. It is not worth having a tree if you can always change your build any time on the fly. You could be able to learn everything, but also add to certain attributes like attack and defense. Also you could add points to skills to make them stronger. So in theory you can in fact learn every skill but you could also build a character to be stronger in a particular tree or skill to make him or her more effective in that field. We know players like control and want to give them some say and how the characters progress. This also has to do with the characters being skill based rather than having grinding become broken and OP. For Jagen he has a combo tree in which he can chain into more hits to perform that particular skill. In that tree if the timing is not right that particular combo could end and the move has a chance of not being able to perform. This particular aspect of the battle system may not be in the upcoming demo but it is something that we have documented. We have also discussed having the characters all play in an individual way giving them all varied play styles. In this way magic users feel like magic users and melee feel like melee users. Same with speed and strength. This is not set in stone but right now we are going to showcase the basics.

CENTER]

Offline trexrell44

• Student of the Game
  • Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: April 17, 2014, 12:39:16 AM »
Hey everyone we have a pretty functional battle system but it is missing certain features that we feel we can not show until we have those key things taken care of. We pride ourselves in the innovation and presentation that we have showed off so far and we really want to carry that through from here on out. So we are working on getting those things done and showing you soon.

In other news we have recently put Demon's Revenge on Steam Greenlight. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=249961324 We are excited to see what gamers have to say about it. So if you have something to ask us do so and do not forget to vote.

Always keeping you guys posted!

CENTER]

Offline trexrell44

• Student of the Game
  • Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #94 on: April 28, 2014, 03:01:26 PM »
So most of April has been about trying to bring you guys a demo worth playing as well as preparing for the kickstarter coming in May. The demo is coming along pretty well so far, but it pains me to say that we will have to release the demo in parts again, as the other parts still need time to be perfected.  The first part being Jagen’s introduction, the second part being Sen’s introduction, and the third part showcasing the first real town in the game including a big beautiful palace which took me some time to get done. We thought we’d have more of the battle system done by now, but that has been going veeeery slow and we only have a small bit of it to show which will indeed be included in the demo.

A still image cannot do this justice.

Hope you enjoyed the sneak peek :D Come join us for the launch on May 5th!

Kickstarter beginning on May 5th!

CENTER]

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #95 on: April 28, 2014, 03:55:40 PM »
Lookin good.  :O*D

and sorry i gotta troll ya a bit :P....first tune that came to my head when i saw the pic with the team standing off against the wolves there was this:
(click to show/hide)

Good luck on the kickstarter in may! :)

HAIL CROM!!

Offline trexrell44

• Student of the Game
  • Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #96 on: May 05, 2014, 01:46:56 AM »
Lookin good.  :O*D

and sorry i gotta troll ya a bit :P....first tune that came to my head when i saw the pic with the team standing off against the wolves there was this:
(click to show/hide)

Good luck on the kickstarter in may! :)

LOL cool! Sorry for the late response things have been hectic, but I can definitely see how you connected that to our battle system.

As you guys may or may not know before my wife(Yin) and I got into Mugen. We were making an RPG it looked very different than what it does now. You can see a lot of old concept on this webpage we did back in 2008.

http://sorrywereclosed117.webs.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=2311430
When we revealed it CVG fest. Please do not watch too much of this lol.  :facepalm:

We continued to work on the concepts and art and I was not until we started to work on Mugen did we start to redefine our skills.

Evolution of Vixen

Most recent Work and Mugen releases have really showed how far I have come.

And all that has translated into this. It looks much better in full motion, but this is a small example of the battle system. To show how the artwork looks.

This is a small contribution of what I do. I do many other things with the project but I believe this is where I shine.

We chose to use Kickstarter for a number of reasons. We want to build awareness and exposure for our game and we want feedback on our project to make it better; something that gamers would love to play. Finally we want to finish the game much faster. We have been putting as much work and our own money into it that we do not want to lose the momentum that we are building. If we get funded we can continue to produce our game at a much faster rate and a higher quality.

CENTER]

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 06, 2024, 12:04:31 PM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: May 05, 2014, 08:49:22 AM »
oh, that battle scene is awesome.

Offline Enso

• C.R.O.M. Dancer, Sprite Artist, Winner of Sprite of the Week Contest #71, and Winner of Round 6 and 15 in Last Person To Post Wins!
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 11, 2024, 03:41:40 AM
« Reply #98 on: May 05, 2014, 10:13:04 PM »
Damn! I like that kind of camera view in it! It looks professionally done.

Sig by TGM

(click to show/hide)

Offline trexrell44

• Student of the Game
  • Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #99 on: May 06, 2014, 11:53:00 AM »
While we are waiting for who knows how long we want some critique on the trailer. Make sure to put it in 1080p though

CENTER]

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Neon Light Force Demo by O Ilusionista
[May 06, 2024, 11:54:23 AM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 02, 2024, 09:44:33 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

Get permabanned! VoteKick gets fighters banned in MUGEN! (April Fools 2024) by GTFoxN6Y
[April 01, 2024, 05:25:31 PM]

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal