collapse

Author Topic: Celestial Tear: Demon's Revenge live on Steam  (Read 9767 times)

Offline trexrell44

• Student of the Game
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:February 22, 2020, 09:06:21 PM
    • Email
Re: A new original 2d rpg.
« Reply #100 on: May 07, 2014, 08:45:43 PM »
Launched and we are ready to go. We could use all the support we can get!

CENTER]

Offline trexrell44

• Student of the Game
  • Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #101 on: May 16, 2014, 12:28:04 AM »

CENTER]

Offline trexrell44

• Student of the Game
  • Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #102 on: May 29, 2014, 12:21:56 AM »
We released the updated demo and we are looking for some good comments and critique. Please try it and let us know what you think. Demon's Revenge Demo
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 07:58:13 AM by trexrell44 »

CENTER]

Offline trexrell44

• Student of the Game
  • Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #103 on: June 14, 2014, 01:21:55 AM »

Who Are The Ridders?

This is something I have been dying to talk about. Now that the demo is out, I feel like I can talk about it without spoiling too much. Who and what are the ridders? I am sure this is a question many are asking even after they have fully played through the demo. In short it is a one world military force. They preside over the entire planet of Hasphal and pretty much regulate crime and corruption around the world. They were originally created by the mysterious man known as Granduer Maximillion to control what the humans call demons.

Ridders come from all over the world. Most of them volunteer to become ridders. These are usually young men and woman who look up to the ridders as being the protectors and saviors of the human race from demons. They usually come from the slums and use the ridder stature to honor their families.

There are some ridders who are hand picked from their particular part of the world. These humans usually posses gifts or talents that are particular to where they come from. These gifts could mean things as simple as natural strength or speed or the ability to channel the power of the sun into healing powers. They are usually held as the best of their kind and participate in tournaments to determine that right. These ridders are never drafted and usually accept joining as an honor. Most earn the rank of Elite Ridder and hold that position until they retire, when someone from their region can take their position.

Demo and Feedback

No one can seem to find this guy.  LOLs

For some reason this past week we have received a pretty good bit of feedback from our demo. The reviews have been very positive and it really gives us more confidence with moving on. There have been some minor bugs that we have mostly fixed and we are making the menu much easier to navigate by giving button prompts. We really love the support we are getting even though it took some time to get people to play the game but so far everything is going well.

CENTER]

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #104 on: June 22, 2014, 08:15:21 PM »
Very nice job, Trex. Loving all the screens and news

Offline trexrell44

• Student of the Game
  • Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #105 on: June 28, 2014, 11:42:41 PM »
Very nice job, Trex. Loving all the screens and news

Thanks Hyper

So Yin has been working on a crafting system. The way it will work is you throw a bunch of items into a mix and then BAM. Item made! Or… not. Once you discover the recipe/formula/whatever I decide to call them, you can easily create it over again. Fun stuff. A thing that I’m trying to add right now is creating bonus items!  Once you put in a recipe, you have the option of adding bonus items to create a brand new item. These items will add in new features to the base item. Say you have a Lohal Vial which on it’s own heals 500 or 50% of HP, that is the base item, but you can add in up to 2 additional items. You can get a Potent Lohal Vial of Fire. An item like that might heal more as well as give a boost in fire resistance. That is not something that you can find anywhere in the game because you INVENTED it! That is actually functioning perfectly fine, but the aesthetics are killing me. The item list is not displaying properly and item names are appearing in the wrong spot among other errors.

With this news, I wanted to introduce a character who will be your go to gal for this stuff:

Mioni is the most knowledgeable alchemist from Annox Desert. Her father is one of the most decorated solders in the Annox military, which gave her the opportunity to learn from some of the most skilled alchemists in the city. Mioni is considered sort of an oddball, she almost never leaves her home and strange things seem to happen there quite frequently. She always experiments with new recipes and she is never shy of testing something new on the first test subject she finds. Mioni will become very important in the game as she will be your central hub for discovering and creating new items and enhancements.

Alchemy plays a rather large role in Demon’s Revenge. It is the basis of the crafting system and a very important commodity in Hasphal. On Hasphal, it has always been considered an essential part of human culture. Studied and manufactured by those with the means and proper equipment to produce it, alchemy is perhaps the greatest form of medicine in all of Hasphal. Although healing is considered the most useful form of alchemy, it is also useful in combat mostly against demons. It can also be used to enhance a weapon’s effectiveness as well as powerful concoctions used to cripple enemies.

Another thing I’ve been working on is a total revamp of the enhancement system. As it is now, I don’t like it much, not much can be customized. Just some stat boosts. I want to add enhancements that give you status effects, can be cursed and sealed, give you skills for as long as it is slotted, increase exp rate, etc. I may also do a visual overhaul, but nothing too different from what it is now.

Lastly, we’ve been having some computer trouble… Actually it’s just me, but I’m the one who puts everything together, so my computer going down is a big problem. Fortunately it was fixed. It’s on its last limb, but it is working and we can be grateful for that!

Thanks for reading! We’ll see you in the next update.

CENTER]

Offline trexrell44

• Student of the Game
  • Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #106 on: July 19, 2014, 12:14:17 AM »
First I want to say thank you all for your continued support. We would not be where we are now if it wasn't for Kickstarter really giving us a reason to take things to the next level. It has given us the ability to really push to make our game a reality. We have went through so much since we even discovered this site. Even though our funding did not go through this time the impact it has had on our game is very notable.

Since the end of the campaign we have been going over how far we have come since the very beginning of development. As you can see we have improved so much over that time. We have matured in our vision, writing and design and we plan to continue to do so in our career.

Early concept

1st Kickstarter 2012

Now

That being said we do understand why our funding has not been as successful as we would have hoped. So we are going to give it one last shot before we look for other ways to get what we need. Right now we have taken Dave's advice and I have registered to a bunch of forums that would be our target audience. I have also discovered a site called epocu.com it would be great if  you could support us when I get our page up. It allows us to build a fan base for our project and we are going to use it to garner support before we launch our next campaign. It is not a funding platform but rather a place to generate social support for games.

Although we do not have the funds we need we are still continuing to develop. Yin has continued to code and add improvements to the game. Even though she has started a new job on top of taking care of our 3 kids it has made her time much more limited. She still continues to do everything she can to get this done on our target release date.

Shop. One of many things yin has been working on.
One notable decision we have made in regards to going through with crowd funding. We have decided to break the game down into releasable parts. So instead of going for $30,000 we may end up going for a minimal goal of $12,000. We believe we could still make a full experience and people could play the game much faster that way.  I will talk much more about  this in our next update.

If you guys would like to give us a vote on Steam it would help so much in the long run.
Steam Greenlight

CENTER]

Offline trexrell44

• Student of the Game
  • Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #107 on: July 31, 2014, 03:17:54 PM »
We just did a rather huge update on the current demo so if you downloaded it previously you will have to delete your save or it will cause an error. There is now a survey at the end of the demo. If you have already played and wish to take the survey now, please do so. Your feedback will help us make a much better game. Also, if for some reason, you did not get to the end of the demo, here is the link. Survey

Demo

Change Log: 1.04 -
(click to show/hide)

We have moved forward with everything we are working on what will be the final leg of the demo because if it is any longer most people will probably not play it to its completion. So you will have the option to either play as Sen or Jagen for two smaller campaigns. We plan to give more info on that later on today in our first video log whenever my daughter goes to sleep lol.

Right now am I currently working on one of the more elaborate cut scenes. It involves one of the main antagonist and happens shortly at the end of Jagens demo campaign when we next release it. Here is an example.

We are also working on doing some of the code for the battle system. Yin is implementing the timed hits and seeing how we could bring that to a more completed state. Yin has done a bunch of the code work for many things since the end of our last campaign. She has completed the crafting system which involves creating new and unique items so some combination of items could have different effects. We will go over more of this in our vlog.

Yin has also completed the shop. She took inspiration from the Tales of Vesperia series in which you can select all the items you would like to buy and check out all at once.

In our effort to gain more support we have launched an epocu campaign. With this we are looking for at least 50 supporters to boost our confidence and to let us know where we stand as far as having an audience. So if you like it please let us know by supporting us on this platform. Right now we currently have 18 supporters and I am pretty excited about that!

We also plan on relaunching our crowd funding campaign for the final time at the end of August or the beginning of September. In honor of such an occasion we are going to start a design contest for a boss enemy in the game. We will have details on that soon.

We know you guys like and support our project so if there is anything new you could suggest for us in our next campaign please let us know. We think the most important thing to do is to get as many people as possible to pledge on the 1st day and get us noticed by the kickstarter staff. We have found many mistakes with our times on this platform and we are working on some better solutions. We are spending more time getting the word out more than ever. We want this more than anything and we are always open to advice and criticism.

Thank for reading this update and we shall have our vlog up soon.

Sincerly,

-Tyrell & Whitney White

CENTER]

Offline trexrell44

• Student of the Game
  • Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #108 on: August 05, 2014, 04:35:53 AM »
Taking in some feedback one and trying new faceports.
Took your feedback and now we have new ports what do you think?

One of the things we are trying to do to make the game unique is getting a really strong hold on the comic book theme. So we are going to try to go all out with it. Incorporating new text boxes and some old school onomatopoeia. Let us know how we are doing. With your feedback can help shape the game.

Those who have played it took the survey and it is giving us a real good idea on what we need to do.

CENTER]

Offline trexrell44

• Student of the Game
  • Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #109 on: August 11, 2014, 01:50:44 AM »
Boss Enemy Design Contest!

In honor of our upcoming Kickstarter, we are doing a boss enemy design contest in order for someone to win some really cool stuff before the campaign even begins. We want people to get involved with the creation of the game and we figured this is the best way of doing it.

Here is how you enter:

1. Draw a boss by the 28th of August. The boss can be a human, jeht (demonoid being), or a creative mystical beast. Just about anything you can think of.
2. Write a compelling back story describing its powers and abilities.
3. Email your drawings to yin@whiteguardianstudios.com with the subject line: Boss Enemy Design Contest!

Join our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/DemonsRevenge
We will announce the winner on Facebook, Twitter, and our main website. There, you can comment onyour submission and put more attention towards your creation!

What Do You Win?

The winner gets their boss in the game, a poster of your creation drawn by our artist Ricky Gunawan. The winner will also receive a copy of the game.

Rules or Restrictions:

- By submitting to our design contest, you agree that you will give us your mailing address if chosen as the winner (unless you don't want the physical prize).

- If the design is a human, they normally derive their magical abilities from objects or the type of region where they are from.

- If the design is a jeht, they generally have red, black, white, or dark purple skin. Some are shape shifters and can look like humans with extremely pale skin tones. They usually have abilities derived from their physical physique, which is of immense strength and speed, and have natural abilities that deal with the elements of light, darkness, fire, water, ice, earth, and wind.

- Mystical creature anything goes.

- You agree that you are age of consent in your country, or have permission from an adult to give out your address and receive a prize from us.

- You can submit as many designs as you like

- You do not need to be a great artist as we will be judging the contest based on creativity in the design, story, and powers/abilities.

- If it's anthropomorphic, please don't use nudity. It will not be chosen.

- We reserve the right to change the rules as we see fit if necessary.

- Ask any questions on facebook, twitter, or our website, DemonsRevenge.com.

CENTER]

Offline trexrell44

• Student of the Game
  • Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #110 on: August 14, 2014, 02:51:45 PM »
Recently we have gotten some question about the battle system and I wanted to clarify some things. I want to let people know what the final product will produce apposed to what it is now in the demo.

The Battle System:

As it stands right now it has every bit of the functionality of any other battle system. Our goal for it is to not be a button mashing fest. We personally realize that it is that way but it is indeed far from complete. A lot of the functions are currently in the game but not yet fully implemented.

Environmental Interaction:

This function is currently in this build. With this you can use a special skill to affect the battlefield. If there is an object on the battlefield, your party members would use their abilities to interact with it.  These things would incorporate their strength, stealth or whatever that particular character could do. These things would range from hiding behind objects, knocking down or picking up objects or blowing them up. Yin even came up with a cool idea in an area where there would be chemicals or alchemy in which you knock the opponent into it and they could have a chance to transform into a werewolf or something like that.

Positioning:

This is actually something quite new that we noticed about the current system you will be able to have your character move to a particular position on the map to either avoid certain things, or to gather them for buffs or healing. The strategy would lie within who you were facing and what would be the best thing to do. Especially when it came to AOE spells and attacks. This is something quite new and we are still going over the details. It gives more depth to the environmental aspect and makes it a bit more strategic.

Switching Party Members:

There is currently the ability to switch out party members mid battle. When there is a situation where a character is low on health or their abilities are a not too effective in a particular situation you can switch them out.

Combo System

We love turn based combat. We think it is fun and engaging in its own unique way. We are also a big fan of a good challenge combined with plenty of action. So we are working on a way to get timed hits that form into combos similar Legend of Dragoon. Each character will play very differently depending on their speed and type of abilities they may have. We are also talking about taking some cues from Tales of Vesperia in which a magic user can tap a button to cast faster or do a more advanced spell. We want the players to feel engaged with this system and feel like the battles are just as important and fun as the story and adventure.

Cooperative Attacks

Characters that hold a connection to each other will be able to do a unity attack similar to Suikoden 2. They will be unlocked similar to Wild Arms 4 (Through scenes and building connection to other party members).

Summoning(Jehts)

This is an ability that only Jehts/Demons can do, which will function like a limit break (Bar fills up and opens new abilities). It will protect you similar to the GF in Final Fantasy 8, but you will control and summon it.

Rage(Humans)

Rage is an ability like summoning, used like a limit break. It allows the human to do an ultimate attack similar to final Fantasy 7.

CENTER]

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #111 on: August 14, 2014, 03:54:27 PM »
Trexxxxxxxxxx!! Lol.  ^^(PM)^ bruh. Pretty much answered any questions I would have had plus great job in modeling some ideas from good games you named. Extra goodness with those working just right the way needed.  :thumbsup:

Dang it I wish could make this an android app version whn finished. Lando would be able to rock this hardbody anywhere I go on the go. Keep it up Trex.  ^:)^

Offline trexrell44

• Student of the Game
  • Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #112 on: August 14, 2014, 10:29:49 PM »
Trexxxxxxxxxx!! Lol.  ^^(PM)^ bruh. Pretty much answered any questions I would have had plus great job in modeling some ideas from good games you named. Extra goodness with those working just right the way needed.  :thumbsup:

Dang it I wish could make this an android app version whn finished. Lando would be able to rock this hardbody anywhere I go on the go. Keep it up Trex.  ^:)^

Thanks Lando. We probably can do the android thing but we are concentrating on the pc version 1st.

CENTER]

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #113 on: August 15, 2014, 01:20:12 PM »
Fine with me bro , I got pc on deck when ready. ::salute::
Those artworks transitioned to sprite versions are very interesting too. How is that contest going by the way?

Offline trexrell44

• Student of the Game
  • Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #114 on: August 15, 2014, 02:45:13 PM »
Fine with me bro , I got pc on deck when ready. ::salute::
Those artworks transitioned to sprite versions are very interesting too. How is that contest going by the way?

Its going quite well actually. I think we may show off some of those entries soon.

CENTER]

Offline trexrell44

• Student of the Game
  • Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #115 on: August 21, 2014, 03:46:48 AM »
Hey guys! We have lots of news and big things happening for CT:DR that have all come at the right time.

First let me start by saying that your support has really given us the confidence to go on and try our best to complete this game. It is a passion of ours to make this game as well as others and see it to completion. This is something we started way before Mugen and we finally have the skills and know how to get it done.

I will like to show you guys some of the cool contest submissions we have had over the course of the event. There are some pretty creative entries as well as some unique and interesting stories. The contest ends soon so get your submissions in by the 28th.

Contest Submission

(click to show/hide)

We have also had a very good game commentator by the name of Flick do a nice video on our game check it out.

We have also had some rather interesting streams one that I was very excited about.I watch this stream every Sunday when I'm not working and I am a big fan.

We had a really good interview and they played our game on the stream. I was extremely excited to be on their show and the video will be uploaded on their page on Monday.

Epocu

The Epocu campaign is going really well. We only have a few more days left but we only need 10 more supporters. Help us reach that goal guys and we will be more than ready for our next launch. Here is the link here we really need your support.

Epocu

We have been receiving a lot of news coverage these past couple of days. Youtubers and streamers, not to mention the contest. We have decided this is as good of a time as any to do our third and final Kickstarter campaign for CT:DR on September 2nd. Guys we really need your support. I'm working on a new trailer and we are sending out more emails, talking to more lets players, and getting everyone excited for this. We are doing a lot of work but we can not do this without our supporters, our friends, and our fans. For more info check out our blog post.
Demon's Revenge Blog

We really need you guys feedback on our current campaign please review the preview and let us know what you think. The new trailer will be uploaded before we launch.Kickstarter Preview

CENTER]

Offline trexrell44

• Student of the Game
  • Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #116 on: August 28, 2014, 03:45:09 PM »
We had yet another review these guys took the good and the bad and let us know how we are doing.

All entries for the contest are in. We have had some really good participation and it will be a lot of fun seeing these creations in game. I would love to have everyone who participated be a winner but we are going to do it in a community vote on the official website. Look out for the link as we will be posting that soon.

In just 5 days our Kickstarter campaign goes live! We are really getting close and we really are hoping for a huge showing from our community. This not only helps us bring people the game sooner, but provides it with much more quality and scale. It becomes a bridge for future games from us and allows people to be a part of development. If you have not yet subscribed to our newsletter and want to keep informed here is the link just click on the kickstarter banner. http://demonsrevenge.com/

We finally have the interview that we did with Average Giants. I stumbled over my words because I was so excited! I do not think I even gave the reviewers enough time to ask questions.

CENTER]

Offline trexrell44

• Student of the Game
  • Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #117 on: August 29, 2014, 01:22:06 AM »
Voting is up for anyone who wants to participate.
Contest Voting

CENTER]

Offline trexrell44

• Student of the Game
  • Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #118 on: September 01, 2014, 09:10:11 PM »

We are less than 24 hours until our campaign day! We need all the support we can get. Even if all you can give is a dollar anything helps on the 1st day as we need to build popularity. If you guys think our game is cool please join us.

Visit our website for more info. http://demonsrevenge.com/

CENTER]

Offline trexrell44

• Student of the Game
  • Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #119 on: September 02, 2014, 11:05:19 PM »

CENTER]

Offline esn23

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:July 07, 2023, 02:38:39 PM
    • Email
« Reply #120 on: September 03, 2014, 07:43:43 AM »
great video guys.  I loved it.  I truly hope you get more than you asked for and you can finally realize your dream :P  Just don't forget the little guys when you become big :P
*Note Soon

Offline trexrell44

• Student of the Game
  • Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #121 on: September 03, 2014, 11:04:35 PM »
great video guys.  I loved it.  I truly hope you get more than you asked for and you can finally realize your dream :P  Just don't forget the little guys when you become big :P

You know we friends ESN. You never forget friends. Or games that you are suppose to make with friends.

CENTER]

Offline trexrell44

• Student of the Game
  • Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #122 on: September 11, 2014, 12:46:48 AM »
Ok guys Its been far too long since I made a forum post. Here is a brief summary of all the things we have been going over in updates.

Update #3 I did a V log talking about the campaign.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/whiteguardianstudios/ct-demons-revenge/posts/977034

Update #4 Boss enemy contest winner was announced
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/whiteguardianstudios/ct-demons-revenge/posts/977507
Congratulations to Fred Green & his wife who collaborated to create Adelyte.

Update #5 Motion comic cutscene
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/whiteguardianstudios/ct-demons-revenge/posts/978579

Update #6 Thanks to our artist
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/whiteguardianstudios/ct-demons-revenge/posts/979854

Update #7 Stretch goals
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/whiteguardianstudios/ct-demons-revenge/posts/981756

CENTER]

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #123 on: September 11, 2014, 04:04:00 PM »
Nice job, Trex

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #124 on: September 11, 2014, 07:20:02 PM »
 :w00t: :w00t: proud of you booooyeeeeee! Yall doing great work and keep it up!
Off topic...
I will await my rematch in the future...I have not forgotten!!  \-/o lol

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Neon Light Force Demo by O Ilusionista
[May 06, 2024, 11:54:23 AM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 02, 2024, 09:44:33 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

Get permabanned! VoteKick gets fighters banned in MUGEN! (April Fools 2024) by GTFoxN6Y
[April 01, 2024, 05:25:31 PM]

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal