collapse

Author Topic: MUGEN 2.0, what I would like to see  (Read 1050 times)

Offline IvalicianMoogle

• Last Login:April 09, 2017, 12:50:04 PM
  • Hi! I'm new!!
MUGEN 2.0, what I would like to see
« on: March 20, 2017, 02:57:32 PM »
MUGEN has been around for years and still hasn't unofficially died. With Electbyte abandoning the project and people are STILL making content for it, even if it's Orochi God Evil Ghost Goku edit number 5 million, it has no sight of dying down. What I'd like to encourage the community is to work together to make an update for MUGEN or at least rewrite it completely from scratch. I think MUGEN is a pretty primitive engine and can hardly support a true full game. The goal should be make it into something that isn't just some everything VS everything AI contest and be a good source of a commercial game or full fan game making engine. I've got plenty of ideas so let's get on with them.

1. More modes. The modes we have right now is just AI vs AI,  Arcade mode, Player VS AI, and that's it. I know that MUGEN is trying to emulate arcades and that's fine but I think we need more than that. What if someone wanted to make something with the quality of a home console released fighting game? Just imagine Marvel VS Capcom 2. While the modes are still generic, you are able to go through arcade mode and VS mode to unlock characters with virtual money called Zennies. So why not something like that? A zenny shop similar to MVC2. I'd also like to see more modes such as Targets, adventure (coding a sequence of events with the support of storyboards), and  some kind of minigame challenge mode.

2. AI Difficulty set. For each AI, you can change their difficulty without having to go to the settings and change the difficulty yourself for ALL AI fighters. I'd like to have a really dumb partner but my opponents are the highest difficulty. It provides a nice challenge. It might even encourage character creators to use the 1.0 AI difficulty method.

3.  More stage freedom. We have so much freedom for characters. So, how about we do the same for stages?  We should be able to add platforms, stage hazards, or maybe even that maze effect in Pac-man where you appear at the other side when touching the corner of the screen.

4. Built in systems, such as a combo announcer, assists, and counters. Of course these can be turned off at any time.

5. More coding capabilities. One that comes up to mind is an "element typing system" for Hitdef. They should be read as HitType with attributes such as A,B,C,D,E,F,G, and H. Another one that comes up to mind is resetcombo which resets the combo back to zero and removeself which makes the player invisible.

6. The ability to see our stages. We need a preview of our stage. When we select our characters, we should be transitioning to another screen with pictures of our stages. The stages' preview could either be generated by the engine or be an image set by the stage author.

7. A tool to edit the screenpack with ease. Nuff said.

And that's all. Basically, I just want to see MUGEN be more "Full game" friendly.

Offline Slivern

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:November 25, 2023, 02:04:44 AM
  • WE ARE NESTS: THE NEW WORLD ORDER
Re: MUGEN 2.0, what I would like to see
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 03:44:11 PM »
I'm majoring in Software Development. I intend to learn the C Programming Language at some point. I would certainly love to contribute. Also, the M.U.G.E.N fighting game engine is long overdue for a REAL Suave Dude.

Offline Laforga

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:July 09, 2023, 06:59:16 AM
  • Hi! I'm new!!
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 06:50:56 PM »
I have been having some conversations about some points that you have mentioned, and yes even some "minor" changes, made with creativity would hugely benefit the engine. Very interresting points you´ve mentioned.

Offline IvalicianMoogle

• Last Login:April 09, 2017, 12:50:04 PM
  • Hi! I'm new!!
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 07:50:22 PM »
Yeah, a change to make MUGEN feel more like a game creator instead of what it's unironically known for would be amazing. If Elecbyte could come back and release their own all purpose MUGEN creation software that would revolutionize the MUGEN genre.

Offline NX-MEN

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:January 06, 2019, 11:31:38 AM
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2017, 11:06:31 AM »
I want to have the opportunity to have more than one stage per char!!

For example I have 3 Wonder Woman stages and I have them to be randomly selected when I play against her!! :)

Plus I want to have the option to have 1 slot but instead of palls, I could pick different versions/editions of the same char!! :)

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

SPIDER-VERSE THE AMAZING MUGENSTORY©EPISODE 10 "THE OTHERVERSE" 1080P BY REB3LTV by Rage
[March 27, 2024, 02:44:21 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[March 24, 2024, 11:09:37 AM]

Tree Of Erebus Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[March 22, 2024, 08:13:48 AM]

.Batzarro's. Sprite Edits by MatreroG
[March 20, 2024, 07:58:08 AM]

World Heroes 2 Shura Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[March 19, 2024, 12:44:28 PM]

MOVED: Prepare your ****! ***** Soldier gets his **** ready in MUGEN! by Rage
[March 18, 2024, 11:08:23 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista