collapse

Author Topic: [OpenBOR] Battletoads Double Dragon - The Revenge  (Read 4055 times)

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:Today at 01:17:37 AM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
[OpenBOR] Battletoads Double Dragon - The Revenge
« on: December 07, 2019, 04:05:54 PM »
"Battletoads Double Dragon - The Revenge", a fan made OpenBOR game, received a 10 year anniversary update, check it out.

From author's post:

One big addition to the mod is a branching feature.
During certain parts of the Story Mode, you will get to make a choice. You have the option to skip the vehicle stages and go straight to the stage
that comes directly after that vehicle stage. This way, people can decide if they are in the mood for a vehicle stage, or not. However, skipping
those vehicle stages will come at a price: You will also miss lots of potential extra points/1ups that you can earn during a vehicle stage, if you
perform well.

A somewhat smaller addition is that the bonus modes are now unlocked from the start.
This way, people can practice all 3 vehicle stages to their heart's content. This is great for people who want to play the vehicle stages during
the Story Mode, but are struggling with those stages.

But I didn't stop there. I also took one particular complaint to heart: Certain unskippable cutscenes!
So, I did what had to be done: All cutscenes in the game can now be skipped. All of them! Even the mission bumpers, ending, cast of characters
and credits.

Something that I included within the download as a means to celebrate is the soundtrack of the mod in MP3 format.

There are more things that I added/changed, so if you wish to know more about that, then head on over to the mod's page.

Last but not least, I wish to say that I had one heck of a time developing this mod. I'd like to think that this mod has become its own thing
over the years, and not just another edited mod. 10 years of developing and evolving the mod with each update really feels great.
I also like to thank this whole community for all the help and support I got throughout the years. Admittedly, I started out a little rough, but
people were still willing to help me. Thanks! Special thanks also go to Xris Smiles and SongeLeReveur, who gave me permission to use their remixed
music for this mod. Their remixed music can be heard during Mission 2-1 (Xris Smiles), Mission 4-2 (SongeLeReveur) and Mission 5-2 (SongeLeReveur).

So, 10 years of my life just came to an end with this 'Anniversay Edition' of the mod, otherwise known simply as v.9

With all of that being said, I present:

Battletoads Double Dragon: The Revenge (v.9)
Anniversary Edition (2009 - 2019)

Download: https://gamejolt.com/games/bddrevenge/454160

Offline navs41

• Dark Phoenix Saga Contributor
  • Last Login:April 26, 2024, 01:04:09 PM
Re: [OpenBOR] Battletoads Double Dragon - The Revenge
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2019, 09:26:13 AM »
Pretty cool, but intro and tutorial with Times New Roman? *Iceman ThumbsDown!*

I wish they had taken extra time figuring out a better palette. Some characters have the low saturation style from the early arcade games, others have higher contrast like SNES...

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:Today at 01:17:37 AM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
Re: [OpenBOR] Battletoads Double Dragon - The Revenge
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2019, 09:39:33 AM »
Yes, this hurts my eyes too. I will share with the author.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 [27]
28 29 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal