collapse

Author Topic: Leo: Final Mix  (Read 2205 times)

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:December 28, 2014, 03:28:33 AM
  • Busy, as always
    • Wikipedia - Sabaki's Page
Leo: Final Mix
« on: August 29, 2010, 11:20:14 AM »

Been some time since I've shown anything about my WIPs. Well, I'm ready to reveal to the public my next WIP, which is none other than Leo from Red Earth!

Expect the same treatment for Leo that my other FM characters have. Here's a vid that shows a 95% done Leo in action, as well as some various screenshots:

WHAT'S DONE?!?
-All basics and gethits
-All moves from Red Earth, as well as some additions from Capcom Fighting Evolution
-New moves
-AI

WHAT'S LEFT?!?
-Some missing FX
-Sword slash FX (already ripped & in the sff)
-Few more Intros and Win Poses
-Palettes
-Further testing and tweaks

As mentioned above, Leo's gameplay will be very similar to his Red Earth gameplay. However, I added some extra options to sorta flesh out his otherwise simplistic fighting style, such as making Chronos Rush and Achilles Rush be variable in terms of how you end it (a feature borrowed from CFE). Also, in replacement of his weapon system from Red Earth, I've implemented an elemental system called "Mystic Pulse". Like the weapon system, Mystic Pulse will grant Leo some elemental enhancements that increase certain attributes (i.e. offense, speed) while giving some extra abilities without drastically changing his overall gameplay. There will also be weaknesses with each elemental style to maintain balanced gameplay. For those who are not interested in the new stuff, or would like to change how certain moves or systems work, can do so in the configuration file.

Leo's release date will be this Fall once everything's in order. Like with Mai-Ling, I will be taking my time to make sure everything is done right with Leo so I can get him out the door and to your mugen in 100% status. Stay tuned!

Offline Sasuke-kun

• Presea Fan and
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:October 18, 2013, 01:26:43 PM
  • 50% output should be sufficient...
Re: Leo: Final Mix
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010, 11:48:36 AM »
Omedeto gozaimas (I hope that's the right way to say it) on your upcoming release Sabaki-san!!! :)

FM characters are a true jewel for real collectionists. :thumbsup:
Lloyd: Presea, no one can stand against your axe!!!
Presea: The enemy has been defeated. We should move on.
Lloyd: Cold...

Offline ~Hale "R@CE" Caesar~

• Special Ops Mugen Creator
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 10, 2024, 04:28:06 PM
  • This big boy spitting out 250 rounds a minute!!!
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2010, 01:22:40 PM »
Sabaki, As usual my good friend, you have delivered the goods!!! Awesome wip dude  :thumbsup:

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Busy, as always
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2010, 06:29:50 PM »
@Sasuke-kun: Arigatou. And hai, tadashii desu  :thumbsup:

@R@ce: thanks as always. Was gonna say I don't see you on that much, but I guess it's because of the name change.

Offline .:K.I.N.G:.

• King &
  • Global Moderator
  • Last Login:May 16, 2013, 07:18:26 PM
  • Accepting All Challenges
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 03:32:15 PM »
great work as usual bro :thumbsup:
I'm a Dude Playing a Dude, Disguised as Another Dude

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2010, 03:35:19 PM »
Since you've been working on him I've been doing my research and wow, you really hit the nail on the head again. I look forward to the release Sabaki.

Offline UltimateBiosparkJ

• Warrior of Redemption
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:January 15, 2022, 01:18:13 PM
  • Pallete Instructor
    • UltimateBiospark
    • UltimateBiosparkJ's YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2010, 04:43:25 PM »
Very awesome, Sabaki! I've been playing with your characters for a long time and I can't wait to see what you got in store with Leo as your next release. :) :thumbsup:
UltimateBiosparkJ a.k.a J-Wizzy, Themes on Deck!!

image hosting without registration

Offline sensei_yoda

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:February 21, 2020, 12:12:30 PM
    • MY MUGEN STUFFS
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2010, 01:59:06 AM »
great wip man!  :thumbsup:

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Busy, as always
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2010, 01:39:40 PM »
Thanks everyone! I guarantee everyone's in for a real treat  :)

9/13/2010

Here's some recent updates, as well as an intro to some of the new stuff being added to Leo (as well as my other FM chars).

Sword Slash FX is in for Chronos Rush, Achillies Rush, Mars Slash, and Hercules Rush.

All old moves are in, and most should be familiar with them. The new moves, on the other hand, are what I want to focus on for today. Here's a small breakdown on what to expect on some of them.

SWIFT TUMBLER

This is a counter move with Leo's shield. It will receive one hit, which will then make him run forward a short distance for a grapple. Depending on the button strength, the throw executed on the successive grab will be different.

(Note that Leo puts his sword away for this, and will draw his sword out again once this move or the throw sequences are over.)

LP Version

MP Version

HP Version

ODYSSEUS ARC

CFJ has some sprites of Leo somersaulting through the air, and landing to deliver an overhead slash. Well, I took those sprites from Wuwo's spritepack 8free for public use), edited them to have the Legendary Sword and different shield), and made it into a new move for my Leo.  This move is suitable for leaping over attacks and dropping down with an attack of your own, whether a high strike or a low strike. Not the fastest move in Leo's aresnal, it'll be more suitable as a counter against long-range attacks or upclose on those who like to poke with low attacks.

Next time I'll discuss about Mystic Pulse, since it's a new system on its own.

Other things to mention are some new system features that are reproduced from Red Earth/Warzard:

DIZZY SYSTEM

The Dizzy system has beem implemented. It is based on a counter that tallies up the number of hits Leo receives during a match and, once a specific number has been reached, will cause Leo to fall down and go into a dizzy state, leaving him open to attacks.

The system has been implemented into my other characters as well, and will be universal for all FM characters.

ROLL KNOCKBACK

This is a new gethit state taken from the source game. When hit by certain moves, Leo will fall back into a special knockback state, then roll backwards before coming to a complete stope. While nothing too fancy, the recoverytime from this is slow, giving the other player the chance to followup with another attack (i.e. Pursuit Attack) or set up for something else. Currently implemented in my characters, this feature can only be interacted between my characters for the moment.

That's it for now. Stay tuned for more on Leo's development  :)

Offline Infinite Power

• The End All Be All
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:January 27, 2020, 09:36:52 AM
  • Energy Doesn't Die
    • Infinite Fighting Forum
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2010, 02:58:24 PM »
Looking cool.

Now Die, Mortal.

Offline K' Errorized

• Last Login:October 19, 2012, 10:48:54 PM
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2010, 10:26:34 PM »
How much progress for Leo is so far?
And are you gonna fix that sound problem?

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Busy, as always
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2010, 02:16:32 AM »
How much progress for Leo is so far?
And are you gonna fix that sound problem?
Not much left. Just adding in some more FX to Leo's sword, doing a couple of tweaks here & there, get the palettes in, and write the readme. Despite all that, don't expect him too soon, for I'm also dividing my time on another WIP for my project. As for sound issues...if you're referring to what was discussed at MI, yes, it's resolved imo. I spent some time playing Warzard recently, and studied which sounds go where, as well as ripped the ones I missed.

All will be seen in the next vid I upload.

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Busy, as always
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2010, 02:41:39 PM »
10/10/2010

Here's a peak at Leo's Mystic Breaks, along with a small explanation about his newest feature called Mystic Pulse.

MYSTIC BREAKS

HERCULES RUSH (HIGH)

This is the same as in Red Earth. Will have 3 levels, with more hits dealt the higher the level.

HERCULES RUSH (LOW)

A variant of the original version, except that it hits low. This'll compliment Hercules Rush (High) well, for your opponent will have to guess if they need to block low or not. Has 3 levels as well, with each dealing more hits based on the level.

GIGAS DRIVER

Same as in Red Earth, a triple slam throw. Made it a lvl 2, but it deals really good damage, so it's worth doing.

KING OF BEASTS

King of Beasts (KOB for short) is a new Mystic Break, but not your conventional one.A boost-type MB, instead of the usual type of boosts like speed up or power up, KOB improves Leo's basic moves' priority, while either giving his other special moves and Mystic Breaks either a "finisher" or changing it completely. KOB's effectiveness is heavily based on how good the player is. Here's an example, where Chronos Rush "finishes" off a downed opponent with an extra hit (note that the term "finisher" doesn't equal instant-kill)

MYSTIC PULSE

Mystic Pulse is a new elemental-based system that will grant Leo some changes in his stats, certain enhancements to his gameplay, etc. There are 4 types of pulses, each with their own strengths and weaknesses. Here's a sample of each of the 4 pulses, each with their name and an example of their enhancements.

SOLID PULSE (EARTH)

BLAZE PULSE (FIRE)

FRIGID PULSE (ICE)

SHOCK PULSE (LIGHTNING)

Leo's move set remains the same whenever using any of the pulses. The only thing he will gain is a new Mystic Break that is pulse-specific, which will in turn replace King of Beasts.

Also, most moves will gain a form of elemental damage. Below is an example where Gaia Driver will do elemental damage accordingly based on which pulse Leo's activated (except for Solid Pulse).

Note that while Mystic Pulse grants certain bonuses, Leo is still stronger when not using it both power-wise and defense-wise. Despite that, Mystic Pulse grants certain enhancements that my help Leo handle certain tryicky situations. More in-dept description in the Moveslist when released.

That's if for now. Leo's done, so expect a release in the next upcoming weeks. Aslo wanna give a huge thanks to Nestor for taking the time to help fix certain sprite issues I was having. Without his help, a public release probably wouldn't be possible  :)

« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 07:21:34 PM by Sabaki »

Offline NX-MEN

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:January 06, 2019, 11:31:38 AM
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2010, 04:32:44 PM »
When will u release him???
Great work!!!

Offline KojiroBADNESS

• - MUGEN Content Architect -
  • Club Syndicate Admin
  • Last Login:January 05, 2013, 09:39:04 AM
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2010, 05:57:22 PM »
This is gonna be awesome. I just recently tried your Tabasa again, and man I was surprised at what she had. Same goes for Mai-Ling and Mukuro. Though Leo is my least favorite Warzard character, I'll expect no less from him. Keep it up, Sabaki! :w00t:

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Busy, as always
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2010, 07:25:53 PM »
@nx-men: Can't promise a specific date, but I'm aiming for a release before December (if everything works out well).

@KojiroBADNESS: Thanks, that means alot  :) . Yeah, I'm not the biggest Leo fan myself, although I spent alot of time to learn about him. With the new stuff & expansion on his moveset and gameplay, hope you can find him enjoyable  ;)

Offline NX-MEN

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:January 06, 2019, 11:31:38 AM
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2010, 07:52:20 PM »
thanks!! great news!!

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Busy, as always
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2010, 11:25:45 PM »
One last thing to take care of...palettes!

I currently have 3 palettes, but could use more. If anyone would like to contribute some palettes I'd greately appreciate it ( and you'll be credited  ;) ) .  Everything needed to make a palette is in the link. Thanks in advance  :)

http://www.mediafire.com/?554gjj674wbthwu

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Busy, as always
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2010, 10:18:57 PM »
Leo's been released. Get him here: http://www.infinitymugenteam.com/Forum_345/index.php?topic=32578.msg390748#new

Thanks to all for the support :)

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar