collapse

Author Topic: Gutsman_RMM  (Read 2997 times)

Offline OUTCOLD

• Initiate
  • Last Login:November 09, 2018, 10:07:28 AM
Gutsman_RMM
« on: August 05, 2018, 06:50:13 PM »
Ok i was not going to upload anything about this character but since we are making him into a playable character and not a sub-boss i figured show you guys what else is coming in the next update of RMM. (Plus much much more)

NOTE: the slide/dodge has been fixed right as soon as i was recording and uploading to youtube so i know yes he goes invisible, not anymore. and also note i have minor tweaks and adjustments to work out such as xy hitspark etc.

Specials
1. Rock Throw (air to(Note air version i did NOT add the helper hand/arm it will look cleaner like the ground version when im done))
2. Super Arm Rock Punch
3. Ground Stomp

Powersets
1. Charge
2. Buster shot (air to)
3. Superarmor (takes 3 hits to penetrate his armor and cause him to go into get hit state)
4. Not coded but have sprites
5. Not coded but have sprites
6. Self Repairing armor (Causes his armor to regenerate 25 health every 2 seconds (That is what the green flash does))

Hypers
1. Earthquake
2. Not coded but have sprites
3. Not coded but have sprites

Ultimate Hyper
1. Not coded but have sprites

« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 07:03:54 PM by AJrenalin »

Offline laspacho

• RMM Project Leader
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:April 21, 2024, 07:31:48 PM
  • Robot Master
    • Infinity Mugen Team
    • Email
Re: Gutsman_RMM
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2018, 09:19:05 PM »
It's very cool to finally see Gutsman in action.
If anyone has been wondering what I have been working on recently, here you go.  I have been making and updating Gutsman sprites and working with AJrenalin who is doing a excellent job coding him. 
I still have some more sprites to make and update.  This has been an interesting character to sprite because he is so big.

----

Gutsman was a orginally a wip M. Satoshi X was spriting that was started a good 10 years ago.  Unfortunately the sprites were not finished and the character was left about half sprited.  I have had the sprites in my possession for some time. 
Because of AJrenalin enthusiasm to code this character, I had the effort to pretty much double Gutsman sprites from what I was given so he can be a playable character.   :)

Offline ExeLord

• Smirking mage
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:April 13, 2024, 12:18:33 PM
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2018, 01:08:40 AM »
That's interesting, I remember old WIP and how he was cartoony often disproportinal, looking way more homogenous now :thumbsup:
He can use ground shockwave to reference his .exe counterpart :-??
For sure he'll give more diversity to roster :thumbsup:
And man, AJrenalin is on the roll! :w00t:
What consumer society is?

"Where greyness prevails, the black always take the power." (c) "Its Hard to be God" - brothers Strugatskie.

Offline Magma MK-II

• Master of Shoot'em Ups
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 09:07:51 AM
  • Every day is night
    • My mugen stuff
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2018, 10:12:41 AM »
That's interesting, I remember old WIP and how he was cartoony often disproportinal, looking way more homogenous now :thumbsup:

This. Some sprites still need work, but it's overall a huge improvement.

I think you should remove Buster shots completely. They don't really fit the character. For his weaponset you could focus on both melee attacks and rock/ground moves. One idea would be to give him a ground projectile similar to Juggernaut's Earthquake or Hulk's Gamma Wave. Also would be cool to give him a command grab (have him lift the opponent and toss him, as an example).

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:Today at 11:21:03 AM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2018, 10:16:29 AM »
I think you should remove Buster shots completely. They don't really fit the character. For his weaponset you could focus on both melee attacks and rock/ground moves. One idea would be to give him a ground projectile similar to Juggernaut's Earthquake or Hulk's Gamma Wave. Also would be cool to give him a command grab (have him lift the opponent and toss him, as an example).

THIS.

I saw the video and while I like the idea, I think this character needs a lot of work yet. Many of his animation looks jumpy, specially his idle animation.

Although I am afraid to be misunderstood and it seems that I am trying to discourage someone, I would like to comment honestly: This character seems to me very quickly, in a hurry, like many of the previous characters which come from the EOH project.

It's just an advice, but I think you should focus more in one character first, to nail it. Or we will have a lot of work to be done later.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 10:30:08 AM by .:O Ilusionista:. »

Offline ExeLord

• Smirking mage
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:April 13, 2024, 12:18:33 PM
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2018, 10:36:34 AM »
^^(PM)^ Those :D but yeah, Gutsman.exe's ground shockwave is similar to Hulk's, just without earth in it, think of Terry's ground wave. As for buster it still could be used for moves where tossing is prior shooting. Hmmm, like say Hyper where Gutsman tosses enemy forward, dashes and juggling enemy in air with shots, you know, to not let 'im land and run away, than finally reaching enemy jumps, grabs and piledriver ;D Something like that 'coz now those simple buster shots are like filler :-??
What consumer society is?

"Where greyness prevails, the black always take the power." (c) "Its Hard to be God" - brothers Strugatskie.

Offline O Ilusionista

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2018, 12:23:04 PM »
For sure, it needs a grab/throw move.

Offline OUTCOLD

• Initiate
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2018, 01:24:02 PM »
For sure, it needs a grab/throw move.

He has one already i couldn't show it off during video because he is unable to get grabbed and thrown. His grab he lifts P2 above his head and throws him. Its done already and coded. I needed to use a helper for his arm to make it look better.

Offline NX-MEN

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:January 06, 2019, 11:31:38 AM
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2018, 02:53:29 PM »
Very good preview and progress!!  :w00t:

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 26, 2024, 03:43:19 PM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2018, 03:20:06 PM »
He has one already i couldn't show it off during video because he is unable to get grabbed and thrown. His grab he lifts P2 above his head and throws him. Its done already and coded. I needed to use a helper for his arm to make it look better.
Idk if its possible but maybe code in some exceptions because not all characters grab to throw. Also I agree with OIllu with doing to mch at once.

Also polish the sprites a bit, great start tho.

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline OUTCOLD

• Initiate
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2018, 04:57:55 PM »
THIS.

I saw the video and while I like the idea, I think this character needs a lot of work yet. Many of his animation looks jumpy, specially his idle animation.

Although I am afraid to be misunderstood and it seems that I am trying to discourage someone, I would like to comment honestly: This character seems to me very quickly, in a hurry, like many of the previous characters which come from the EOH project.

It's just an advice, but I think you should focus more in one character first, to nail it. Or we will have a lot of work to be done later.

Bro he isn't even done yet and u telling me to work on one character i am(the megaman was a idea),  it took 2 months to fully code heatman (minus the time i wasnt on the computer) and less than a month for skullman (both which has not 1 bug at all (i tested for hours and hours before releasing and they both play flawless, though i still have final skullman in my folder waiting on certain sprites than ill release)) so what would u have to fix later down the line  :-??. It seems you are knocking my coding than actually helping. Just to let you know i don't sprite i suck at it bad i am a programmer thats why coding is so easily done for me and i think laspacho is doing an amazing job being how bad these sprites were when we started him ONLY last week. my pace releasing characters per month is how fast i actually work (and yet nothing to fix so u really have me confused there)... /:O /:O It seems you have more negative criticism than actually giving a helping hand.

Offline laspacho

• RMM Project Leader
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Robot Master
    • Infinity Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2018, 05:13:35 PM »
Your definitely looking at a active WIP here my friends.    :thumbsup:

Gutsman sprites are a work in progress as is the coding.  I'm working from the prior authors sprite work.  I have come a Long way with the sprites in the time I have been working on him.  The stance was something I made, I like how it came out.  I'll take a look at possibly giving the stance a couple more sprites. 
There's definitely some animations I want to work on yet.  Like the jump and stand to crouch.  I wanted to play around with the Hyper Stomp sprites too. 
I made the buster shot because we do need to fill up moves and power set moves.  I'm fine with a small pop shot but nothing big like a Ryu hyper, that wouldn't be fitting.  :)
AJrenalin is doing a great job coding and it helps me a lot to see things on screen in game.  As I see things in game I'm also updating sprites.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 06:21:11 PM by laspacho »

Offline O Ilusionista

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2018, 06:29:53 PM »
Bro he isn't even done yet and u telling me to work on one character i am(the megaman was a idea),  it took 2 months to fully code heatman (minus the time i wasnt on the computer) and less than a month for skullman (both which has not 1 bug at all (i tested for hours and hours before releasing and they both play flawless, though i still have final skullman in my folder waiting on certain sprites than ill release)) 

Wait, what? I think there is a great language barrier here.
WHERE I told you to work on MegaMan? I've sent you a message about other thing (the copy powers). I never demanded anything from you.

so what would u have to fix later down the line  :-??.
Every character we had released had things to fix. This is expected to happen :)

This is why we had released the game and we have a topic for bug report, because...

It seems you are knocking my coding than actually helping.
This is called FEEDBACK. I NEVER was mocking your skills, this is not true at all. Something done to help each one, so this is why we give feedback to each one here.
This place had a TERRIBLE habit to not take criticism on the past. Please, do not let this return.

There is only one thing in Mugen that I do not accept at all - people who post things and do not know how to deal with feedback. Generally, when I identify this, I'll ignore anything the person does, because I find that behavior totally unacceptable.

If you don't want feedback, don't post it.

I think you should have contacted me before posting such a thing. But be calm: from now on, I will not post or even test anything that you do. That way we avoid problems, okay?

Offline laspacho

• RMM Project Leader
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Robot Master
    • Infinity Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2018, 08:24:56 PM »
I think you guys miss under stood each other.   o.O#

I was taking everything as feed back.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 08:29:57 PM by laspacho »

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2018, 12:37:45 AM »
Like everyone else said, I think this is definitely a solid step in the right direction. But yeah it still could use some polishing up.

Also maybe you should work on the hitbox for the air heavy attack, I think it reaches too far (at least it looks like it does)

Another move idea you could do: something akin to Donkey Kong's neutral special in Smash Bros, where he winds his fist up to do a megaton punch

Offline OUTCOLD

• Initiate
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2018, 05:40:03 AM »
Another move idea you could do: something akin to Donkey Kong's neutral special in Smash Bros, where he winds his fist up to do a megaton punch
If i had the sprites for that i would. Not a bad idea.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 09:39:52 PM by AJrenalin »

Offline laspacho

• RMM Project Leader
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Robot Master
    • Infinity Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2018, 09:56:24 AM »
Like everyone else said, I think this is definitely a solid step in the right direction. But yeah it still could use some polishing up.

Thanks.  I have spent a outrageous amount of time on Gutman's sprites in a short period of time.  This is a definite step in the right direction with the sprites.  This has been the most fun I have had making a character in quite some time.  This is also something different for me to work with, I'm totally not used to working on larger sprites.  I thought it would be great to get a large character playable for Rmm. 

That's not a bad idea at all.  I'll circle back around to that and see if I can come up with something once I'm done working on other things.
I just finished a new Hyper Portrait last night that can be pallet shared.  Next on my radar is the jumps and stand to crouch.  The body seems to be smaller on those sprites, so I'll have to enlarge the body.

Offline OUTCOLD

• Initiate
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2018, 10:39:07 AM »
Also maybe you should work on the hitbox for the air heavy attack, I think it reaches too far (at least it looks like it does)

You know i learned something important, when i wrapped the clsn i used to wrap everything so precise feet legs, hand, arms, etc. I learned that was wrong. The reason why i say this is because if player 1 swings a basic punch and hits p2 on the finger or toe, he gets hurt, it never looked right to me so i wrap where he should get hurt and not the entire body. The collision box you speak of will be organized more precise where it will actually have to hit, Gotta remember to gutsman is huge, bigger than i thought he would be in game so im adjusting much on him for him to actually play right in RMM as a playable character,

Also note since he is a larger character he will ALWAYS appear in stand and crouch positions BEHIND P2 no matter what.

Offline laspacho

• RMM Project Leader
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Robot Master
    • Infinity Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2018, 09:14:21 AM »
In the last few days I have made a bunch of new sprites and I just sent them off to AJrenalin.  As usual some of the sprites were Very hard to make, others sprites were easy, but I had fun doing it.

New Sprites:
Stance  -  He should move smoother now.
Stand to Crouch
Crouch  -  Because I changed the crouch I had to make a new get hit and block so the legs would look correct.
Jump
Land
Alternate versions of Jump and Land and some additional sprites for the Stomp Hyper.
And the trips
And lots more get hits

I'm quite excited and curious to see it all in game when AJrenalin codes it.  Everything on Gutsman should be more consistently sized now and the Stomp Hyper should look much cooler.   :cool
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 08:01:29 PM by laspacho »

Offline NX-MEN

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2018, 02:45:04 PM »
Very good news!!  :thumbsup:

Offline laspacho

• RMM Project Leader
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Robot Master
    • Infinity Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2018, 04:38:23 PM »
Hmm, I think I've finally completed Gutsman sprites!  Unless there's something I missed that is.
I took some feedback to heart and made the suggested Donkey Kong Punch.  This can replace the Buster Powerset we were tinkering with before.   #:-S
I also completed the rest of the get hits and knock back sprites.

Just wait to see how Gutsman plays next time you see him.  :)   >:(   :)

Offline OUTCOLD

• Initiate
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2018, 04:53:49 PM »
Hmm, I think I've finally completed Gutsman sprites!  Unless there's something I missed that is.
I took some feedback to heart and made the suggested Donkey Kong Punch.  This can replace the Buster Powerset we were tinkering with before.   #:-S
I also completed the rest of the get hits and knock back sprites.

Just wait to see how Gutsman plays next time you see him.  :)   >:(   :)

HAHA yea you did an amazing job with these sprites wait till you try him again i got 2 new moves in and cleaned up a bunch of things and condensed some codes.

All thats left is 1 powerset which i will be doing now
1 hyper and the ultimate
outros and intros

AI is coded already so i just gotta add the new move states to him code them within the AI and he is finished.

Offline OUTCOLD

• Initiate
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2018, 04:16:42 PM »
Please not that while running bandicam my computer runs mugen at less than 30fps at times so video may be choppy here and there, but character in game is fine

All thats left is the ultimate
Outros and intros
and some tweaking

Offline laspacho

• RMM Project Leader
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Robot Master
    • Infinity Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2018, 05:23:35 PM »
Most excellent.  It's all coming together now with him.  :)
And that DK punch.. I'm sooo happy to see it animated.  Too sweet.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 05:36:42 PM by laspacho »

Offline NX-MEN

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2018, 07:22:43 PM »
Love his progress!!  :thumbsup:

Offline OUTCOLD

• Initiate
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2018, 04:33:01 AM »
Love his progress!!  :thumbsup:

Thanks X, hopefully your gonna love this.

This is Gutsmans Ultimate Hyper. Enjoy!

AGAIN note, my computer framerate drops with bandicam, a few lag spikes i seen in the video from it, Mugen runs very smooth without it (sounds effects and all)

Offline NX-MEN

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2018, 07:45:48 AM »
Of course every video of him is great!!

Offline Magma MK-II

• Master of Shoot'em Ups
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 09:07:51 AM
  • Every day is night
    • My mugen stuff
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2018, 09:46:45 AM »
I noticed something on his sprites, the earpiece changes colors from silver to yellow. This should be fixed.

Offline laspacho

• RMM Project Leader
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Robot Master
    • Infinity Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2018, 10:26:53 AM »
I noticed something on his sprites, the earpiece changes colors from silver to yellow. This should be fixed.

Be leave it or not I did that way purposely.   :)
The original sprites from Megaman 7 had it colored like that. 
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 10:32:37 AM by laspacho »

Tags: Guts Gutsman RMM 

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 [27]
28 29 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal