collapse

Author Topic: want to pick your brains  (Read 501 times)

Offline vio

• Last Login:September 23, 2014, 01:46:29 PM
  • Hi! I'm new!!
want to pick your brains
« on: September 01, 2014, 08:12:21 AM »
Firstly I'd like to say that im a complete noob when it comes to char creation and I've kinda chose a fairly hard project for my first try if its possible. From the mugen characters I have seen the past few weeks theres one character that caught my eye with 2 transformations besides his initial form called abyss and I was wondering if the following was possible

initial form:- 10% chance of parry with 1 striker

1st transformation :- 0% chance of parrying an attack, 0% chance of using a striker as you are now fighting on the screen side by side with that striker against your opponent, (2v1) instead of just calling him when you get a bar to do a quick attack then disappearing.

2nd and final transformation :- characters both merge into one character which is really op. 100% chance of parrying which also heals and he only has one attack of which deals 100% damage (ohko) as referred to by some. he wont be able to do normal attacks, like light hits or heavy hits, only one skill.

also I want to set it up so that the final form has a low % chance of actually happening so that when it does it shocks the hell out of people :P

I'm not sure if I'd have to setup for 2 different parries to make it easier but I'd love to know if its possible. also with regards to the parry on the initial form, is it possible that when the parry is done the target is moved so his back to you and you get a free hit?

on another note, how many cns files should I use? I have been downloading a fair few chars the past weeks to get ones I like and especially those with decent AI systems and they have anything ranging from 1 cns file all the way up to 7 cns files.

thank you for taking the time to look over this thread and I appreciate any assistance you may provide.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 09:53:30 PM by vio »

Offline Cyanide

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 29, 2019, 06:52:34 AM
    • Mugen Obscurity
Re: want to pick your brains
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 03:03:21 AM »
Parry as in, parrying an attack, like SF3?

On the second transformation, that's kinda a boring idea as your only option to win is something ridiculous that won't die anyway so there is no point having the first form, may as well just skip to 2nd transformation and lose easy, or win easy. Challenge nonexistent either way.

All this is possible, it's just kinda clunky if that's all you have. You need far more in the way of... well everything in order to make a decent character. What you have now is an AI only thing that parries occasionally and sends out strikers.

CNS, whatever suits you. I would personally do 1 per form for organisational reasons, but beyond that it's whatever.

Offline vio

• Hi! I'm new!!
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 04:24:40 AM »
All this is possible, it's just kinda clunky if that's all you have. You need far more in the way of... well everything in order to make a decent character. What you have now is an AI only thing that parries occasionally and sends out strikers.

CNS, whatever suits you. I would personally do 1 per form for organisational reasons, but beyond that it's whatever.

firstly would like to say thank you for responding cyanide. I realize I require more in the way of skills and such on the character to make it better. I just wanted to confirm if these particular things worked or not with people who have a lot more experience than I do.

Offline Cyanide

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 29, 2019, 06:52:34 AM
    • Mugen Obscurity
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 05:09:09 AM »
They're all possible. I'd like to sway you away from the second idea though.

100% chance of parry + healing means not only can you not really hit it as it parries everything (same as invulnerable) if you do manage to hit it, it heals next time it parries. And then it eventually one shots you. I do hope you see an issue with that from the standpoint of actually beating it.

Offline vio

• Hi! I'm new!!
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 05:22:42 AM »
They're all possible. I'd like to sway you away from the second idea though.

100% chance of parry + healing means not only can you not really hit it as it parries everything (same as invulnerable) if you do manage to hit it, it heals next time it parries. And then it eventually one shots you. I do hope you see an issue with that from the standpoint of actually beating it.

I see that it would be difficult for a normal character but that's why I wanted to set it as a % chance base of appearing so it wouldn't be unbeatable all the time. I was thinking or something like 1-5% chance of appearing so it wouldn't be appearing like 1 / 10 matches. its not set in stone though just brain storming a bit at the moment but I do want to do the 2v1 where the striker comes in and fights along side the character.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27
28 29 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal