collapse

Author Topic: Neo City Invasion made by OldGamer & Legendary DemonKai  (Read 1438 times)

Offline OldGamer

• IMT ScreenPack Creator
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 11, 2023, 10:45:30 PM
  • Mugen Creator for Stages & Screen Pack
Neo City Invasion made by OldGamer & Legendary DemonKai
« on: August 31, 2014, 01:19:56 PM »
Click the spoiler to see the Stage Video & Picture Demonstration :D

what the stage have you may wonder ??
1. The Stage can do Super Jump
2. The Stage come with mugen 1.1 & 1.0
3. Come with My Rips Folder
4. the Stage is animated
5. the Stage can only Zoom for Mugen 1.1

This is all Legendary DemonKai's Idea and I help him with his Dream Stage Request to come true :D

All Thank goes to Legendary DemonKai :)
download can be found here

My Original Stages  > Neo City Invasion
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=5DD3816F42CA9E01%21105
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 12:06:29 AM by OldGamer »

Offline Chimoru

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:November 03, 2023, 05:50:34 PM
    • Chimoru's MUGEN
    • Email
Re: Neo City Invasion made by OldGamer & Legendary DemonKai
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 01:41:55 PM »
That's a cool stage and everything, but I could do without that beaten hanging girl.  She looks like a rape victim.
My MUGEN YouTube account where you can see edits I'm working on.
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMLJDPO5mPwseYXGv-ZE53w

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 01:52:59 PM »
Nice stage OG! Def got the retro style in full effect. This idea Kai had you surely made realized.  ::salute:: OG homie!

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2014, 04:41:04 PM »
Indeed a mean mash up of ideas me and OG put together >:D. he put up the women captured so i tossed in the enemy soldiers idea guarding them from being saved. so now its up to you awesome folks to fight on the stage and have them released! lol jk

More madness to come in the future folks ::salute::
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Enso

• C.R.O.M. Dancer, Sprite Artist, Winner of Sprite of the Week Contest #71, and Winner of Round 6 and 15 in Last Person To Post Wins!
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 11, 2024, 03:41:40 AM
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 09:23:37 AM »
Awesome! :)

Sig by TGM

(click to show/hide)

Offline sky79

• Contributor
  • Last Login:December 19, 2022, 11:31:05 AM
  • Real players and makers share.
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2014, 10:00:04 AM »
She looks like a rape victim.

Love the stage, but he has a point.
Keep Mugen Free

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2014, 02:14:56 PM »
* looks at stage again...plays on it...* how did ya get to that conclusion that she looks like a rape victim while hangin in the air?  lol....and   /:O at the same time on that one.
lol.

Offline DEMONKAI

• Contributor
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2014, 02:33:07 PM »
lol when OG first showed me the idea i didnt think of a rape victim. i just thought of Double dragon when the chick got punched in the stomach and carried off with her panties showin....

She just looks like a captured woman as bait that needs saving by a hero....We had the hero from X Kaliber 2097 (where the stage is from originally) in there animated with the sword posing as "The hero" that saves the women in the stage but he was just too small lookin to me compared to the soldier enemies so i had him removed.

But rape? naww haha.....Trust me that looks nothing like that XXX streets of rage stage i have where all the women from different games are literally being raped by the enemies from Final fight in jail areas in the background lol

HAIL CROM!!

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2014, 02:40:27 PM »
Damsel in distress was what I thought. Good idea that was added  to the stage guys.  :thumbsup:

Offline DEMONKAI

• Contributor
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2014, 10:31:31 PM »
Damsel in distress was what I thought. Good idea that was added  to the stage guys.  :thumbsup:

thats pretty much what i first thought when i saw it....

HAIL CROM!!

Offline OldGamer

• IMT ScreenPack Creator
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 11, 2023, 10:45:30 PM
  • Mugen Creator for Stages & Screen Pack
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2014, 12:04:11 AM »
 :w00t: a video is added for the stage demonstration :)

« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 12:18:32 AM by OldGamer »

Offline Chimoru

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:November 03, 2023, 05:50:34 PM
    • Chimoru's MUGEN
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2014, 08:53:24 AM »
I'm not trying to derail the thread, but sorry that's what I see. What I say is my opinion and I know you guys will have yours.  She doesn't read as a simple "damsel" to me.

how did ya get to that conclusion that she looks like a rape victim while hangin in the air?

Because you asked, let me tell you.

While I hate the concept of "damseling" because it in itself is insulting to women, to me, she's a sexualized hostage, an object, and a prize, and her presence is unnecessary. She doesn't need to be there in order for a character to be a hero, the hero's objective of defeating the enemy in enough to do that.  The way damseling works makes her just a decorative, added bonus. People think they are using damsels as a storytelling device to show a "bad age in time" or a "land in turmoil", but this is the same awful thinking used when using Black and Hispanic stereotypes in games to give a place a "dangerous, urban, ghetto" vibe.

Her skirt, the length it is and the unevenness appears like torn clothing. Her unbound legs in that "wounded" position suggests they were accessed and then traumatized.  I was going by the picture because the video wasn't up yet, but the black splotches on her body looked like blood.  (Sometimes black is used for blood instead of red as a weak censoring technique) I'm guessing in reality, the splotches were just a photoediting error, so I won't comment on them any further even though I don't think it diminishes my point.

lol when OG first showed me the idea i didnt think of a rape victim. i just thought of Double dragon when the chick got punched in the stomach and carried off with her panties showin....

But rape? naww haha.....Trust me that looks nothing like that XXX streets of rage stage i have where all the women from different games are literally being raped by the enemies from Final fight in jail areas in the background lol

So saying that she wasn't raped because it wasn't actually happening at the time, or because she wasn't flashing her stuff at everyone, doesn't make it any less horrible.  Comparing it to that other game which is worse doesn't make this "Not bad." It just makes that other thing "worse". She could have been attacked and THEN left there like a sick trophy. The fact that this is a warzone where killing and maiming is occurring certainly doesn't rule out rape, something invading soldiers are associated with.  You can argue that I'm reading too much into it, but this is what such imagery suggests to people who have seen it before or know somebody that HAS been raped. (Which is why I found your "lol" at the end especially insensitive. I don't know if I could find it funny.)

I mean, I can just edit her out and enjoy the stage, but what I didn't like was the gender role-ing and treatment. This is something that bothers me in video games and I guess I'm still trying to understand it. You want to damsel people to save, fine.  Damsel PEOPLE.  Don't make it just ONE singular woman in skimpy clothing though, that's insulting.  All the men are capable and fighting and the women are vulnerable and damseled. It's unrealistic and just comes of as creepy fan-service and fetish fulfillment.  I realize that my viewpoint is going to be overlooked and ridiculed, but I still feel the need to make it, regardless.

I don't want this to derail the thread, I just wanted to say my peace because I don't think I explained it at all. I understand that violence and bloodshed is terrible too, but I believe rape and/or damseling in general to be a very specific type of violence favorably targeted at women in mainstream media.

That's all.  That's my rant.  If you took the time, thank you for reading.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 10:33:17 AM by Chimoru »
My MUGEN YouTube account where you can see edits I'm working on.
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMLJDPO5mPwseYXGv-ZE53w

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2014, 10:34:53 AM »
Chimoru,  I dont see itmas derailing if your making an artistic observational viewpoint to the piece. We all do that in some form or another. lol. So no worries on that I think.
But again its an artistic viewpoint rather than what the creator was intending . I personally dont think anything is wrong with the *demsel in distress* concept since that role can be virtually any gender. In movies for example the same female that is about to get rescued by the male hero usually turns around and become the hero herself. You see this in a lot of horror flicks even in some action ones too. I try to look at the artists /creators pieces through their eyes and vision so I can grasp the idea of what they created.  Yeah there are just some things that are seriously blatant with ethnicticity issues in games. No doubt.  Even sexulizations as well.
On point to the stage.....my eyes and thinking do not see a rape victim, just a female victim of a beatdown.  If it was a male would anyone think he was raped or, just beaten? It happens realistically. So its very hard to say if he was or wasnt. Its a viewpoint that one has to rationalize wether artistically or morally in their perspective.

Good post you made bro on summerizing what you meant.  :thumbsup:

Offline DEMONKAI

• Contributor
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2014, 11:26:26 PM »
Well said Lando...

@Chimoru:

Rape is a serious subject. And thats not something i find funny and that female sprite in there doesnt support that. Its just a scene of damsels in distress in a city under attack. an invasion is an invasion. People get captured. women are usually weaker so they are first. men are usually killed because they are tougher and a threat to the enemy. THATS reality. Thats realistic. the Hero of the stage is just missing to save them. Use a better imagination. just enjoy the stage without the female prisoner sprites in there if it bothers you so much.

The "lol" was me trying to stay positive about your response which was negative and so far left from the cool concept intent we were aimed for. there was a hero in there in the back but i removed him due to size. You ignored that comment like the whole deal was to put battered women in there and thats it. bad assumption.

If i wanted to make it clear she was raped I would have told OG to find a naked woman sprite and i would have made some adjustments all over body. clearly we didnt do that because that wasnt the concept.

Men get raped, captured and killed too and thats no better. If i had a black guy hanging by the neck next to that Caucasian solider with the dog that would have been even worse^^ So dont bring up race n such. Im black myself and all that isnt funny at all to me. this was a light hearted stage concept.

And lastly. women are fighters too. just because she has on a ripped skirt doesnt mean she was raped. she could have been running through sewers. forests. chased by dogs and just fighting until she couldnt anymore. she could have been fighting to save the women locked up there but failed. she could have been a failed hero also...who knows.

You can use your own imagination. But rape isnt one of ours

thanks for the feedback^^
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 11:05:43 PM by DEMONKAI »

HAIL CROM!!

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27
28 29 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal