collapse

Author Topic: Black Widow V0.8 by Arkady, Nicotinefist & Hypersonic92  (Read 7233 times)

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
Re: Black Widow V0.8 by Arkady, Nicotinefist & Hypersonic92
« Reply #75 on: December 08, 2012, 10:53:14 AM »
I didn't think Widow was THAT bad in the movie.

Actually Widow wasnt bad . she was actually pretty badazz fighting. Expected of the super spy babe.  :thumbsup:

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #76 on: December 08, 2012, 12:17:23 PM »
Actually Widow wasnt bad . she was actually pretty badazz fighting. Expected of the super spy babe.  :thumbsup:
He meant in terms of ethnicity I believe.

Offline Snakebyte

• Initiate
  • Last Login:December 26, 2021, 09:56:15 PM
    • Email
« Reply #77 on: December 08, 2012, 04:57:05 PM »
Widow was a master spy. She'd be pretty bad at that if her voice gave her away as Russian all the time, da? ;)

Offline sky79

• Contributor
  • Last Login:December 19, 2022, 11:31:05 AM
  • Real players and makers share.
« Reply #78 on: December 09, 2012, 02:37:02 PM »
Widow was a master spy. She'd be pretty bad at that if her voice gave her away as Russian all the time, da? ;)
My Bro...
She's standing there in the Black Widow uniform <_<|...|

Maximillian 'Max' Shreck: Selina! Selina Kyle, you're fired! And Bruce Wayne, why are you dressed up like Batman?
Catwoman: Because he -is- Batman, you moron.......

In fact that's partially why ANC suggested those clips cause he thought they sound like Scarlet Jo

You're not making Scarlett Johansson, you're making Natalia Romanova.
Keep Mugen Free

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #79 on: December 09, 2012, 03:30:59 PM »
Still, Ark isn't wanting to change the voice cause he thinks it fits Natasha just fine. And I have no complaints about it either. If you really want a more Russian Widow, Harbinger ripped her voice from MUA1 if you'd like

Offline Arkady

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:Today at 06:01:57 PM
  • "Create the Un-Creatable"
« Reply #80 on: December 09, 2012, 03:33:50 PM »
i gotta say mugen is a great way to show/create a vision or collaboration of a character.  you have to admit there is a vagueness that comes with comics, movies, books & animes, i try to do my best to keep a character vague enough to be somewhat either/or whether its a specific move or costume (using smartpalletes) or in this case her voice, scarlett johannsen didnt have the typical russian accent, nor would they stereotype her character to do that, in the comics hard to know since you cant hear it, just in reading the literature, or slang that is used to decipher her having a russian accent, the cartoons blantently stereotype her being next of kin to omegared or colossus, i have to agree that she'd be a crap spy if she couldn't hide her accent, majorly different circumstance if and actor played nightcrawler without putting on a german accent, i find there needs to be leyway with any character, so how do we proceed with this? go down the road of full on ethnicity or keep her vague to suit all forms of the character?
      you have to remember being in the 21st century people/characters are not defined by country/race, a persons origin might not dictate there accent anymore, psylocke was always the stereotyped asian bombshell with a british accent
which in the 90s was always emphasised in the comics, but i personally grew up in austraila with such a diverse culture and know lots of friends with their ethnic background speaking perfect english, id have to say nathasha romanov wouldnt be carrying a thick russian accent in this day and age especially being a shield super spy.  but hey thats my view on it

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #81 on: December 09, 2012, 05:26:59 PM »
i gotta say mugen is a great way to show/create a vision or collaboration of a character.  you have to admit there is a vagueness that comes with comics, movies, books & animes, i try to do my best to keep a character vague enough to be somewhat either/or whether its a specific move or costume (using smartpalletes) or in this case her voice, scarlett johannsen didnt have the typical russian accent, nor would they stereotype her character to do that, in the comics hard to know since you cant hear it, just in reading the literature, or slang that is used to decipher her having a russian accent, the cartoons blantently stereotype her being next of kin to omegared or colossus, i have to agree that she'd be a crap spy if she couldn't hide her accent, majorly different circumstance if and actor played nightcrawler without putting on a german accent, i find there needs to be leyway with any character, so how do we proceed with this? go down the road of full on ethnicity or keep her vague to suit all forms of the character?
      you have to remember being in the 21st century people/characters are not defined by country/race, a persons origin might not dictate there accent anymore, psylocke was always the stereotyped asian bombshell with a british accent
which in the 90s was always emphasised in the comics, but i personally grew up in austraila with such a diverse culture and know lots of friends with their ethnic background speaking perfect english, id have to say nathasha romanov wouldnt be carrying a thick russian accent in this day and age especially being a shield super spy.  but hey thats my view on it

^^(PM)^ i agree with this pretty much bro.

BW is a superspy, able to speak many languages. i wouldnt tie in that she should speak russian directly cause she hails from russia. she is around english speaking people all the time. so that would have a great effect on her vocals. My brother GF is from Russia and been here only for 7 years. the longer she has been around us and living here all those 7 years , her heavy accent is different know. its lighter but you still hear the accent but nowhere near what it used to be.  Alot of anything with Comics and Mangas in voices ( Unless heard) calls for interpretations.  I have heard in the toons of her in heavy russian , light russian tone and even in the movie, not much of it period other than where she is born and from. In Mugen we have freedom of creating. If people want a more direct speaking BW then i would just say either the creators can choose to make a voicepack with her having heavier russian tone at their own choice to do so. OR people can just do they own Voicepack for themselves.  :-?? :thumbsup:

Offline ExeLord

• Smirking mage
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:May 01, 2024, 11:29:32 AM
« Reply #82 on: December 09, 2012, 06:11:54 PM »
-_-''' excuse me, but I can't say it other way - official voicing of BW is pure perversion of both, english and russian. She talks in russian like english speaking person just saw russian text for the first time in traslit having no clue on what it means and she speaks english with accent, which have nothing to do with russian, parody russian accent(ie, when she talks in russian russians needs subs to understand what she is saying and when she talks in english it's ear-tearing). I dunno what special training needs person to voice her like that -_-' I hope no one will go for imitating that 8=|
What consumer society is?

"Where greyness prevails, the black always take the power." (c) "Its Hard to be God" - brothers Strugatskie.

Offline sky79

• Contributor
« Reply #83 on: December 09, 2012, 06:26:13 PM »
It shouldn't be thick, that dosn't mean she should sound like a California sorority girl who smokes to much via 'hand-me-down' SND

My only point, is that it's best to stay true to the character, not the actor playing said character. Nothing more.

@^@
Keep Mugen Free

Offline I-Skorp-I

• Born Again Man Of Faith
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 22, 2022, 07:00:18 PM
  • Repent To Yahusha(Jesus), For He Is Your Savior
« Reply #84 on: December 09, 2012, 06:40:30 PM »
It shouldn't be thick, that dosn't mean she should sound like a California sorority girl who smokes to much via 'hand-me-down' SND

My only point, is that it's best to stay true to the character, not the actor playing said character. Nothing more.

@^@

^^(PM)^
Sting Of The Scorpion

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 27, 2024, 11:21:03 AM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: December 09, 2012, 06:46:56 PM »
Aren't we going too nitpick here?

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #86 on: December 09, 2012, 07:05:01 PM »
/:O ... I didn't think it was THAT bad

FINE I'll see what Ark can do about it

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #87 on: December 09, 2012, 07:13:10 PM »
Aren't we going too nitpick here?

yep seems like it.

well hmm i guess the only best thing to do is find a woman that creator knows that speaks good russian accent and record voicework. BAM! :thumbsup:

or anyone thought of maybe trying the voice accent stuff of the babe from the ultimate avengers 2 cartoon movie? you hear her at 6:20

there aint alot period to go on but is this the accent yall talkin bout ?

:-?? but that is way up to the creators decision unless someone got better submissions for voices? yeah good luck with all that.

again Super spy sexy babe with jack of trades skills. awesome!
@ hyper, she is fine bro, not bad at all with the voice.

Offline Arkady

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #88 on: December 10, 2012, 10:33:21 PM »
sorry lando, but i gotta say that is like the worst accent ever in that video, simply total pervesion of a russian accent, she sound fresh off the boat, actually she is on it,
 i don't think i'll be putting that ultimate avengers2 voice or anything like it anywhere near the character, sorry folks, she is russian, but she is not ivan from rocky 4
 anyone seen Salt? (angelina jolie movie from a few years back)

russian spy chick that kicks butt, if marvel had an influence for BW for ironman2 and avengers, i'm sure the character in Salt was what they were going for

Offline Snakebyte

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #89 on: December 11, 2012, 02:26:25 AM »
My Bro...
She's standing there in the Black Widow uniform <_<|...|

Maximillian 'Max' Shreck: Selina! Selina Kyle, you're fired! And Bruce Wayne, why are you dressed up like Batman?
Catwoman: Because he -is- Batman, you moron.......

You're not making Scarlett Johansson, you're making Natalia Romanova.

She is NOW. Doesn't mean she always was. She probably worked hard in the past to eliminate her accent so that she could be a better spy. A lot of what she does is undercover.

Why would she gain an accent when she puts on a costume? That's just silly.

Offline sky79

• Contributor
« Reply #90 on: December 11, 2012, 04:27:38 AM »
Why would she gain an accent when she puts on a costume? That's just silly.
o.O#
Dear lord
Keep Mugen Free

Offline Mach25

• You think this is a smile? It's not, it's the grimace of a lion.
  • Initiate
  • Last Login:November 02, 2014, 11:47:53 PM
« Reply #91 on: December 12, 2012, 09:02:34 AM »
Sky, you have a good point and you are true to life, I totally agree with you. Real spies can turn the accent on or off at will, that's how you have to be in the world of special forces. I agree with Sky, have her speak with the Russian accent (the American accent for darn near everything grows rather tiresome) in there. Variety is always good.

Offline Snakebyte

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #92 on: December 12, 2012, 10:38:40 PM »
o.O#
Dear lord

So do you have a response, or are you just going to demean me without bringing anything of substance to the table?

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #93 on: December 12, 2012, 10:49:22 PM »
If you don't mind, can we please change the subject. I'm getting real tired of hearing (well reading rather) you guys STILL going at her voice.

If you hate her not having a Russian accent so devildamn much, then make a patch with the MUA voice that Harbinger ripped and talk about things OTHER THAN THE VOICE. Like maybe suggestions for moves for future releases.

Offline Snakebyte

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #94 on: December 12, 2012, 11:25:39 PM »
Oh, I've got those! I don't know if these got to you already, but...

- Whip (KOF)'s grapple moves, also used in Black Cat, would suit her. I don't think she uses her Widow's Line outside of an intro right now. Could also work for a web swing like move to replace that weird jaguar kick if you are looking to do that.

- 'Widow's Bite' has also been shown as a short range electrocution type device, sort of like a wrist-mounted taser, if I remember correctly. You guys could do something with that.

- Elena could work as reference for more kicks, if needed.

- Maybe a hyper where she sets a big explosive and then grapples away, since you don't have a hyper that scales up from the flashbangs... I'd use a different kind of explosive if it were me though... TNT or C4 or something, if there are sprites for those lying around anywhere.

:)

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #95 on: December 12, 2012, 11:31:51 PM »
She used Widow's Line as her air dash, not an intro

We are gonna make a new kick special later, and different variations of Widow's Bite. Haven't thought of an explosives hyper though. Gonna see if Ark likes the idea

Offline Arkady

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #96 on: December 12, 2012, 11:46:07 PM »
i like the idea, drop the C4  grapple away/Explosion!  sounds like a plan

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #97 on: December 13, 2012, 12:09:22 AM »
And for someone as lazy as me, I don't think that hyper would take any new sprites  :D

Offline Arkady

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #98 on: December 13, 2012, 12:32:02 AM »
come on man snakebyte said it himself "c4 sprites?"  :DB:

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #99 on: December 13, 2012, 01:09:57 AM »
come on man snakebyte said it himself "c4 sprites?"  :DB:
I meant of Widow herself

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 [4]
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal