collapse

Author Topic: [Fighting Game Template]  (Read 2612 times)

Offline HQ

• Initiate
  • Last Login:December 01, 2022, 08:20:52 AM
[Fighting Game Template]
« on: December 03, 2020, 06:21:09 PM »
Hi fellow IMT Members!

Some of you might know that I've been secretly working on a Fighting Game Template with a dear friend of mine for quite some time now. The Template is finally coming closely to what we consider showable. It uses Unity as a base and when released, the template will offer the license to use it commercially.

Besides a character, three stages and all the screens, fx, ui graphics, one also finds a proper palette system, a rim light shader and many many more to create one's dream project.

Here are some snippets:

What you see here is the rim light shader, the palette systems working with the lightning and the rain particle system at work :) (the palettes are this colorful to highlight the change possibilities)

Videos:
https://twitter.com/AccentTutorials/status/1313741902873866240
https://twitter.com/AccentTutorials/status/1334612027352952835

and here the official twitter account:
https://twitter.com/2dfightinggame

Looking forward to your thoughts :)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2020, 03:55:59 AM by HQ »

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 27, 2024, 11:21:03 AM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
Re: [Fighting Game Template]
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2020, 08:44:36 PM »
Oh, nice.

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:April 27, 2024, 07:01:29 PM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2020, 02:28:49 PM »
Yooooooooo....
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline navs41

• Dark Phoenix Saga Contributor
  • Last Login:April 26, 2024, 01:04:09 PM
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2020, 08:11:37 PM »
What you see here is the rim light shader, the palette systems working with the lightning and the rain particle system at work :)

And 3 levels of parallax scrolling and transparency?  :cool

Offline HQ

• Initiate
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2020, 04:21:10 AM »
Oh, nice.
Thanks O Ilu! Would love to see what you can come up with it! Have you worked with Unity before?

Yooooooooo....
Yooooo :)  XD||
And 3 levels of parallax scrolling and transparency?  :cool
Of course! Actually way more than 3 levels of parallax.

Also, here's the training stage (that uses a color separation & has a few different palettes) All the stuff you see is only 2D of course!

Offline BobbyD226

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:June 30, 2022, 05:50:29 PM
  • Hello!
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2020, 03:55:49 PM »
This looks neat

Offline HQ

• Initiate
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2020, 06:03:04 AM »
Thank you BobbyD226!

Also here some Menu Screens:

P2 Position in the Select Screen has been fixed of course :)

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 27, 2024, 11:21:03 AM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2020, 12:49:35 PM »
Thanks O Ilu! Would love to see what you can come up with it! Have you worked with Unity before?
No, I always wanted to give it a try but never had a chance.
I will give it a try on the future to see how it goes.

Good luck with the project.

Offline HQ

• Initiate
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2021, 07:41:44 AM »
O Ilu: Thank you! You should really try it!

Enclosed a small preivew of behind the scenes:
We are working on the simplest combo creator for the AI - it's not force playing moves but rather injecting the input sequence of each one.
Meaning you'll actually see it go through the motions like a real player; but it can fail sometimes (if the AI get's interrupted on the sequence for example).
This is a subcase for our AI only; we have a fully fleshed out conditional score based AI system in the works as well.

How to think of this in simple terms, is that instead of just relying on the AI doing random moves, you can tailor a few combos like this and give them a score (how high the chances are the AI has to pick this combo, e.g. ultra combos will have less score). This is helps to make the AI more human-like, like a prepared player and not just button mashing. The AI deciding to do a combo is of course conditional as well; you can specify other behaviors with a set of conditions, playing an anti air move for example.

All these might seem complex to do but rest assured we have a created a user interface in the editor to simplify them to just clicks :)

Video Link just in case it doesn't load via the image tag:

Offline Uche_of_IMT

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:April 27, 2024, 11:15:13 PM
  • The fighting spirit lives in the fans of M.U.G.E.N
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2021, 08:08:04 PM »
Hope this catches on. M.U.G.E.N. seems to cornet the fighting game engine.
92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature.

Offline BobbyD226

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:June 30, 2022, 05:50:29 PM
  • Hello!
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2021, 05:06:34 PM »
The updates look neat. I've been trying to find a template that works for me for years and I've never had the time to learn MUGEN unfortunately.

Offline Anderson Masters

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:March 10, 2024, 05:46:57 PM
  • Shouoken!
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2021, 07:02:33 PM »
this is pretty cool
perhaps someday i can try it

will be possible to use mugen content? like ikemen?
i have a idea about making a Unity Mugen along ago, something like run mugen chars on a blitter like final burn alpha, to put scanlines, mimic crt, and some kind of things like that

Offline shastab24

• Initiate
  • Last Login:March 10, 2024, 04:31:10 AM
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2021, 04:09:13 AM »
I've been thinking what it might be to do an Unreal MUGEN, myself.  But ultimately, I would think a better endeavor for me would be to look into creating a 3D fighting engine which is both near as easy to add to as MUGEN, and also with something comparable in terms of options.  I say this because the only open source 3D fighting game engine I know of, EF-12, has a lot it leaves to be desired (no arcade mode or framework to allow it, lack of ability to add wall collision, etc.).

Offline HQ

• Initiate
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2021, 01:27:09 AM »
Hope this catches on. M.U.G.E.N. seems to cornet the fighting game engine.
Not really sure what you mean here with "M.U.G.E.N. seems to cornet the fighting game engine.", can you pls elaborate?

The updates look neat. I've been trying to find a template that works for me for years and I've never had the time to learn MUGEN unfortunately.
Thank you! Yeah it's definitely easier than Mugen, so you will have a blast with it :)

this is pretty cool
perhaps someday i can try it

will be possible to use mugen content? like ikemen?
i have a idea about making a Unity Mugen along ago, something like run mugen chars on a blitter like final burn alpha, to put scanlines, mimic crt, and some kind of things like that
Thank you!
No it wont be able to use Mugen files. You can however recreate any Mugen Character with our Template easily :)

I've been thinking what it might be to do an Unreal MUGEN, myself.  But ultimately, I would think a better endeavor for me would be to look into creating a 3D fighting engine which is both near as easy to add to as MUGEN, and also with something comparable in terms of options.  I say this because the only open source 3D fighting game engine I know of, EF-12, has a lot it leaves to be desired (no arcade mode or framework to allow it, lack of ability to add wall collision, etc.).
This is done with Unity not Unreal + is aimed for 2D and not 3D. So until you want to wait for us to later update this potentially to 3D, this might not be the Template you are looking for.

Offline Uche_of_IMT

• Infinity Faithful
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2021, 11:38:07 AM »
What I am trying to say is that most people use M.U.G.E.N. for fighting games. That is what I meant by "cornering the market".
92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature.

Offline HQ

• Initiate
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2021, 12:26:47 PM »
Oh! Now I understand! :)
M.U.G.E.N. certainly was and still is a great engine. It however has its shortcomings, that especially in modern game development are striking & will lead to drastic cuts in potential profits of one's own game. I highly respect Mugen and the blueprint its developers set. It goes without saying that no engine stays as popular as Mugen does, without offering an attractive package for people to use. Without Mugen, I might not have gotten into creating Fighting Games/ Sprites.

With our Fighting Game Template however we aim at amateurs & professionals alike who want to make a Fighting Game, that they can export to about any platform (from PC, Mac, PlayStation, Xbox, Mobile, etc...) and also sell. Add to that a ton of new features and more planned stuff & people will start to see the value, we want to provide with this :)

At the end of the day everyone will compare the different engines out there and decide which one to choose for one own's creations. There's different needs & wishes for something like that - we hope to fulfill as many as possible & help people create their dream fighting game ;)

Offline shastab24

• Initiate
  • Last Login:March 10, 2024, 04:31:10 AM
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2021, 04:57:54 PM »
Well, I was just saying that I had been wanting to do something for Unreal (my comment may have been a bit ridiculous, but I was tired and that had popped into me head when seeing the stuff on this thread).  But it would be neat to have a Unity MUGEN of sorts.  Either way, with a MUGEN-inspired 2D fighting engine, I would love a better alternative (which this should be), because IKEMIN is quite buggy and overall it would be nice to have one more likely to allow for commercial use.

But would this engine also allow for 3D models?  I'm assuming not 3D gameplay, but it would be nice to see a framework in place that allows a 3D model to be put in, but also for sprites.  Of course, I'm also one who would like to see, in sprite fighters, the ability to also use vector files, if people want to have their characters go in that direction.

Offline HQ

• Initiate
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2021, 08:11:52 AM »
@shastab24 :
The engine used is Unity, so yes you can use 3d models, vector graphics and spine animated sprites, pretty much any format that Unity supports, which is of course, is everything.  Our template is focused on 2D on the "visual layer" but the "data and process layer" is not limited to anything.

Still working hard on it:

Offline HQ

• Initiate
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2021, 06:28:45 AM »
The past weeks were pretty hectic but we made some good progress nonetheless. There are some really exciting things happening behind the scenes now, but here's something I can share right now:

The Cutscene System:

Offline Uche_of_IMT

• Infinity Faithful
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2022, 06:13:07 PM »
Is this still being worked on?

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
[28] 29 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal