collapse

Author Topic: Mega Man X Street Fighter, an offical game made by the fans  (Read 2343 times)

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 16, 2024, 10:15:50 PM
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Skype - spidermew@aol.com
    • SpiderMew's House of Stuff
    • Email
Mega Man X Street Fighter, an offical game made by the fans
« on: December 08, 2012, 06:11:14 PM »
http://www.capcom-unity.com/brelston/blog/2012/12/08/street-fighter-x-mega-man-coming-december-17

^^(PM)^ :thumbsup: Glad to see Mega Man will still live, even if capcom turns him over to the fans.  :)

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 27, 2024, 11:21:03 AM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
Re: Mega Man X Street Fighter, an offical game made by the fans
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, 06:17:17 PM »
Capcom ripping off the fans ideas :)
but I like it

Offline O Ilusionista

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, 06:19:57 PM »
"to anyone thinking it's a joke, it's not, I know the developer behind it and personally had the opportunity to test a beta of this piece, he also worked as a spriter for Streets of Rage Remake, the fangame that got hammered by SEGA. At least Capcom did a wise move supporting the awesome work of their fans."

Capcom 1 x 0 Sega

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2012, 06:50:51 PM »
Now if only Capcom can show more support and make a Megaman game themselves ...

Regardless, the game looks pretty nice

Offline Macaulyn97

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 04, 2024, 04:22:53 PM
    • Macaulyn
    • Macaulyn97's Channel
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2012, 06:59:29 PM »
Capcom is acting so ridiculously with Megaman, that they need the fans to create something good.

Offline O Ilusionista

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2012, 07:19:01 PM »
"What I am complaining about: How about a standalone Megaman Game to celebrate his anniversary? Megaman Legends 3 fits that bill perfectly."

Man, magaman fans are starting to piss me off. EVERYTHING Capcom does, they keep beeing butt hurt.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 07:41:25 PM by Uncle Ilu »

Offline O Ilusionista

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2012, 10:12:04 PM »
I'm really glad Capcom picked up on the fan game that has been in development for about 2 years. I hope Capcom actually helped the guys finish it too, but probably not. Either way, it's a great idea to pick it up as and support it as a free fan made game. It shows a side of Capcom that has long been missing.

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:April 27, 2024, 07:01:29 PM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2012, 10:17:08 PM »
"What I am complaining about: How about a standalone Megaman Game to celebrate his anniversary? Megaman Legends 3 fits that bill perfectly."

Man, magaman fans are starting to piss me off. EVERYTHING Capcom does, they keep beeing butt hurt.

Ilu, you really have to take a step back and look at the situation here. Let me explain as tamely as I can as I too am upset that this game is being called "official".

Capcom did not contract the fan to make it, Capcom had no involvement in it's creation whatsoever, they just decided to give it promotion space. They basically said, "Hey, you guys did really good at this, you know what, why don't we show this off for you?"

This is both a nice gesture and an irritation at the same time. Capcom-Unity is cool enough to recognize fan determination but ultimately it's not enough for Mega Man to make a proper return. cUnity recognized the determination of the fans and yet Megaman Legends 3 got scrapped, even after the fact that they promised the MML3 Prologue demo WOULD BE RELEASED, which it never was.

It saddens me to think that it's come down to the fans to do something Capcom should be fully capable of doing. For example, look at Capcom's latest "official" entry, Mega Man Crossover: It's little more than badly recycled pieces of the iPhone version of MMX with little to zero actual gameplay mechanics. But one person, in his spare time mind you, is capable of doing something amazing as this?
Then on top of that. Capcom here basically slapped their logo on a fan game and now they're claiming it was a collaborative effort...

That's not fair or official, they never contracted him, they had no interaction whatsoever, the only thing that gives them the right to do that is the fact that they own the license. A better example of how it should have been done is the recent re-release of Sonic CD recently.

A fan who goes by the name of Taxman made a rom hack that retooled the engine and balanced the game mechanics. When SEGA decided to bring Sonic CD back to tie it into the Sonic 4 series, THEY HIRED HIM to work on the game for it's HD re-release, they even named the game engine "Taxman". Seow and Alex (the coder and music artist for SFxMM respectfully) aren't going to get anything other then the satisfaction of a job well done.

So bottom line, I think it's cool that Capcom-Unity, Capcom's fan center, recognizes the great work done here and wants to play their part in sharing it with other, but I also think it's a dirty play by Capcom itself to say that the game is an official release by them.

EDIT: That having been said... Damn, why didn't WE think of that? Street Fighter X Mega Man: Mugen Edition.... That's STILL a good idea... Somebody make that Screenpack!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 10:23:26 PM by Gratuitous Luxation »
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2012, 10:33:49 PM »
Yeah don't get me wrong, this fan game still looks nice, but I just wish Capcom would actually try to appease the fans THEMSELVES instead of just taking this fan game and giving it PR.

Offline O Ilusionista

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2012, 10:54:10 PM »
I won't mind to make a free job to Capcom, just to earn recognition (I am sure that half of us would make the same). And SEGA made that just to erase the BAD reputation they got with SOR remake. They are far from beeing good.

The fans keep crying and crying and crying because Megaman Legends was cancelled. Well, since I hate that serie, I pray to God that game never see the light of day, just to thanks all those stupid fans. Some fans are cool, but some are like a cancer. And most of Megaman fans, while they thing they are helping, are making the OPPOSITE.

Sorry if I sound aggressive, but this really piss me off.

About the game, I had (still have) a project closer to that, called Megaman: Bit of Destiny http://www.infinitymugenteam.com/Forum_345/index.php?topic=32111.msg440539#msg440539

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:April 27, 2024, 07:01:29 PM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2012, 11:11:55 PM »
I won't mind to make a free job to Capcom, just to earn recognition (I am sure that half of us would make the same). And SEGA made that just to erase the BAD reputation they got with SOR remake. They are far from beeing good.

The fans keep crying and crying and crying because Megaman Legends was cancelled. Well, since I hate that serie, I pray to God that game never see the light of day, just to thanks all those stupid fans. Some fans are cool, but some are like a cancer. And most of Megaman fans, while they thing they are helping, are making the OPPOSITE.

Sorry if I sound aggressive, but this really piss me off.

No, I get that. Most fans at this point are anrgy for the wrong reasons. My beef with Capcom goes beyond what happened with Megaman Legends 3, but that game getting getting cancelled was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. My friend bought a 3DS just because that game was coming. I'm glad I didn't go for that myself.

About the game, I had (still have) a project closer to that, called Megaman: Bit of Destiny http://www.infinitymugenteam.com/Forum_345/index.php?topic=32111.msg440539#msg440539

Yeah, and it looks great. What I meant was we have the all the resources for a straight up VS fighter, why didn't we think to put them together?
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2012, 12:27:28 AM »
That's something I never understood: A LOT of people don't like Megaman Legends or Volnutt, yet they're pissed about Legends 3 getting canned.

That'd be like me not being that big a fan of Jak and Daxter and hating that they cancel Jak 3

Offline overlordnick

• Winner of Round 2/3/7/8/12 in Last Person To Post Wins!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:July 05, 2016, 05:28:34 AM
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2012, 12:47:42 AM »
That's something I never understood: A LOT of people don't like Megaman Legends or Volnutt, yet they're pissed about Legends 3 getting canned.

i didn't care legends got canceled, i was never a fan
it's just that they've been putting out crap
i'm glad battle network and zero got ended before they got too horrid
You know they're scraping the bottom of the barrel when they make me a mod

Offline ExeLord

• Smirking mage
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:April 13, 2024, 12:18:33 PM
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2012, 04:56:37 AM »
Yeah, I know where Ilu is getting at, it's tiring to see people can't stop trowing Legends card even if it don't fit. Though I think that pressure on Capcom is needed. I'm not a fan of Legends by any means, but if Legends 3 will be released it will mean that Capcom started listening to fans. I have grudge with Capcom for what they done to Dante, that trash Xover, RE, what they've done on SF anniversary, that Sony fixed, etc., etc. I don't want that game(Legends), but I want a sign that Capcom'll start caring, not only milking by stamping stuff for fans, who'll buy anything with familiar name on it even if it sucks.
I agree on Lux's point, while it's good move by Capcom to give some recognition to creators of this fan game it sucks that it's being called official with no official support expect showing it off. It's like "woah, you made a good game, we taking it, thanks, fans will praise us"-place for skunk smiley-. That's instead of making something good for fans on anniversary... *lots of bad words towards Capcom*
And that was... >:-(-|
I like how game looks, should be fun and enjoyable. Only thing that kinda not in place for me - how does he copy abilities from people? I though it's possible only for mechanical beings, I remember in interview about crossover with Sonic it was said that yes, Mega can copy MetalSonic's stuff, but not Sonic's 'coz it's living being. Maybe they are robots?
What consumer society is?

"Where greyness prevails, the black always take the power." (c) "Its Hard to be God" - brothers Strugatskie.

Offline novasod

• Contributor
  • Last Login:December 30, 2017, 08:29:00 PM
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2012, 08:32:07 AM »
I like how game looks, should be fun and enjoyable. Only thing that kinda not in place for me - how does he copy abilities from people? I though it's possible only for mechanical beings, I remember in interview about crossover with Sonic it was said that yes, Mega can copy MetalSonic's stuff, but not Sonic's 'coz it's living being. Maybe they are robots?

Does it really matter? Megaman (the original series at least,) was never really about story anyway. Not to mention, I doubt this game is even cannon, so anything goes really.

Offline ExeLord

• Smirking mage
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:April 13, 2024, 12:18:33 PM
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2012, 09:11:26 AM »
Nah, I just wondering is there any in-game explanation to this. Could be many possibilities :-?? Maybe if he'll be able to do so here, he'll be able to do so in other games, next fighting crossover for example. Imagine how it might be if Mega learned and adapted for own usage moves from his MvC and MvC 2 opponents to use in... maybe MvC4 %) Though he have tons of moves from own games to use it still would be interesting to see.
Or maybe this will lead to new part of mm, mm11 where he needs to fight people(like Emerald Spears in Archie comics) and struggle from need of fighting with human beings %) He would then become sick of fighting like X.
Well I just want new megaman games in the end :P (I wanted some experiments, but not like Xover though)
What consumer society is?

"Where greyness prevails, the black always take the power." (c) "Its Hard to be God" - brothers Strugatskie.

Offline O Ilusionista

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2012, 09:47:58 AM »
Yeah, I know where Ilu is getting at, it's tiring to see people can't stop trowing Legends card even if it don't fit.

Exactly. The fans won't stop beeing butt hurt unless Capcom relase that game.

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 28, 2024, 12:02:24 AM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2012, 10:18:21 AM »
Exactly. The fans won't stop beeing butt hurt unless Capcom relase that game.
For the record. I am bitter over the L3 thing. Im a big fan but that image i post all around with volnut thumbs down is not for that reason. Im peed with crapcoms' business practices is general.

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2012, 10:42:05 AM »
It's just that fans like to use Volnutt as a prime example.

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • The trend setter
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2012, 11:27:03 AM »
It's just that fans like to use Volnutt as a prime example.
I gotcha but im letting people here know where i stand. I dont want to be lumped in to that category. Crapcoms has pooed on everything, not just megs. Tho it does seem like he's taking it the worst. L3 is just a piece of a bigger puzzle. If people just focus on that we'll get no where. Which is why we probably havent had any affect. People need to show dismay for the treatment and love for the entirety of Megaman. Megaman as a whole is cash in the bank. Legends is just a cult thing. There aint no money in that. Thats why L3 is canned. Its a project that requires a  large budget but there wont be a return on there investment. What people need to do is rally together and get some of the more profitable series support. When they have a lot of turn over they then can take chances and see if L3 or other smaller quarks in the MM staple can have a chance in today's market.

Many people that cry are grown. They are a small part of the market. The video game industry has grown allot since megs prime. The type of games Meg series deliverers just dont have a place in the market. ThATS why so many of them are release on handhelds. Small investment so it not with a big hit taken if they games fell or just dont do as well as predicted.

That leads to the third reason why megs is canned. Support! Many company's release sides story's or smaller games on handhelds to test water. If its draws in large crowd then they know it will do well on a large console. I been guilty of this, Gettting mad or not buying a game because it was released on a handle held. Another series that suffered similar troubles is the Castlevania series. Im not going to talk about that tho cause its a whole nother ball game. My ponit is its also consumers to blame too. The companies love the verbal support but at the end of the day its a business and they love what in your wallet more.

The great thing is megaman has been its own nitch in the market. With noone to fill it. That right there is its strongest asset. Crapcom knows this its just about finding the right pitch. Maybe this is a good thing too. That being the absence of megaman. Look at Sonic and Mario. Mario is not the same as its original incarnation or nor is Sonic. The difference is this. Mario (performer series) decided to take the approach that if something aint broken dont fix it. All Nintendo has done with the game series is add on to its core. Where as sega wanted to reinvent Sonic again and again and again and  again and  again...... But they finally seem like they figured it out or at least are learning.

I would want to see megs make a come back like mario. I dont want him ending up like the blue blur. So ill wait and show my support for the MM series. Cause i know one day he'll be back.

Offline Magma MK-II

• Master of Shoot'em Ups
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 09:07:51 AM
  • Every day is night
    • My mugen stuff
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2012, 12:59:09 PM »
Megaman as a whole is not a cash cow anymore, but that's not exactly the problem.

Gaming has changed a lot in the last years. Platformers in general aren't mainstream anymore. The ones that still survive are because they either reinvented themselves or adapted. Megaman on general is all about keeping with the old formula, and that certainly plays a huge part on Capcom's decision to keep the series so low on their priorities.

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • The trend setter
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2012, 01:35:56 PM »
Sorry was what i said too lengthy.  <_<|...| it all cool tho  :)

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2012, 03:39:09 PM »
I think if they really want to bring back Megaman, they should do something much more appreciated than reviving Legends 3. Maybe like MMX9, I know a LOT of people are wanting that. Or maybe even an original 3D Megaman game that's not Legends.

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • The trend setter
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2012, 03:50:30 PM »
I think if they really want to bring back Megaman, they should do something much more appreciated than reviving Legends 3. Maybe like MMX9, I know a LOT of people are wanting that. Or maybe even an original 3D Megaman game that's not Legends.
if you go full 3D then you are competing against the likes of Rachet and Clank.....

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 [29] 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal