collapse

Author Topic: Fantasy Fighter (Untitled)  (Read 296 times)

Offline ELECTRO

• Cosmic Creations
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:April 21, 2024, 03:06:41 PM
  • The Living Dynamo
    • THE-BEY0NDER
    • THE BEY0NDER
    • ELECTRO'S LAIR
    • Email
Fantasy Fighter (Untitled)
« on: September 11, 2023, 05:18:09 PM »
Announcing my 3rd and final Mugen game Fantasy Fighter (Working Title). Just like my Punisher game I will be taking 2D beat'em characters and turning them in fighting game characters, but this time with a fantasy twist. Here is a video showing off the concept I have so far.

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 01, 2024, 11:02:34 PM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
Re: Fantasy Fighter (Untitled)
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2023, 08:54:31 AM »
Nice work!
Dunno if you saw my comment on another forum, so maybe worth pasting it here too

I saw the video and I loved the idea. Talk with Bloodbane because his Rise of Marduk has plenty of characters you can use :)

I have just two suggestions for you to consider:
- Since the characters are small, I would suggest you to get rid of the zoom. It makes the characters even smaller, so it does more harm than good.

- Or you can change the widescreen setting (using the cutlow and cuthigh settings if I'm not mistaken) to change how the camera focuses on the action.

The way you used it, the game is adapting the wide resolution to the width, which leaves a lot of space at the top and bottom of the screen. Try doing the opposite, adapting the height to the resolution - this makes the characters appear larger on the screen.

You can see this in action if you download the vanilla version of Mugen 1.1 - This way you can even try to keep zooming, if you prefer.

One comment that I think is valid for your other games is working on camera sensitivity, especially when zooming. If I remember correctly, we have a controller to configure the camera's zoom sensitivity when a character jumps, as we have to control how much the camera moves when the character jumps.

You could try an approach like what happens in the MVC series - the camera only moves upwards when the character performs a high jump (be it a double jump or a super jump); For normal jumps, the camera does not move.

This avoids the very common Motion Sickness when you have 2 characters jumping - if you watch a 4-player video, you will notice how much the camera moves excessively.

Other than that, great work as always :)

I saw you commented "last project" - are you thinking about stopping?

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27
28 29 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal