collapse

Author Topic: AvX Rogue  (Read 4573 times)

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:Today at 10:26:37 AM
  • The trend setter
Re: AvX Rogue
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2013, 02:08:20 AM »
Sounds cool.......Maybe make it a "button-mash" moment, who ever taps the  :p or whatever wins the struggle. Samurai Showdown has a feature like that.

Sounds like a great finisher for Round 2

All over it  :Terry  but I honestly don't think they're taking any of this seriously. It's kinda sad.

However, My offer still stands. My inbox is always open to them.
No one is taking you serious. not even the Princess. Your reading too much into things and for getting the fundamentals of making a fun balanced game. By your logic when Rogue stole a power she would win my default for knocking the opponent unconscious or leave them depowered. Wolve and Hulk would insta-kill most of the cast. Thor would too. Your idea sounds good at first but there isn't any reply value. 

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline RobiWanKen0bi

• Initiate
  • Last Login:March 30, 2024, 10:03:30 AM
« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2013, 07:45:38 AM »
Speaking of getting things more real, I would like to point out that mutants don't exist, well not those kind anyway.  8=|

And this is now waaay  >:-(-|

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2013, 09:00:48 AM »
No one is taking you serious. not even the Princess. Your reading too much into things and for getting the fundamentals of making a fun balanced game. By your logic when Rogue stole a power she would win my default for knocking the opponent unconscious or leave them depowered. Wolve and Hulk would insta-kill most of the cast. Thor would too. Your idea sounds good at first but there isn't any reply value.
Not to mention if MAGNETO (there, I spelt it right. happy?) fought against Wolvie, Iron Man, and Colossus, it'd be a VERY short fight.

I understand trying to get comic accuracy, but not to the point of sacrificing gameplay balance

Offline sky79

• Contributor
  • Last Login:December 19, 2022, 11:31:05 AM
  • Real players and makers share.
« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2013, 09:15:39 AM »
Not to mention if MAGNETO (there, I spelt it right. happy?) fought against Wolvie, Iron Man, and Colossus, it'd be a VERY short fight.

I understand trying to get comic accuracy, but not to the point of sacrificing gameplay balance

*Sign*  I was talking about deepening gameplay, no where did I say "Make it more real", none of the moves offered are game breaking, or over-powered, as they're already in other games. In addition, if I didn't like what you're doing, why would I offer to help?

It's just feedback  8=|
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 09:31:44 AM by sky79 »
Keep Mugen Free

Offline Arkady

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:Today at 07:32:11 AM
  • "Create the Un-Creatable"
« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2013, 10:46:11 AM »
I know completely understand what sky79 is saying, its more of custom moves for certain characters, gives you an edge on certain characters, and may get you killed quicker if versing them, much like the story modes of soul calibre, where there may be a round where your poisoned or have a quicker time limit to beat your opponent,
things like magneto able to take out colossus wolvie and ironman quicker, or be invulnerable to caps shield, for example

hypersonic, acey and i discussed a few of these custom moves for shadowcat
being her phasing and disruption of robotics, so sentinel, vision, ironman, war machine cable (arm) bishop (also arm) stuff like  that would get affected
but it becomes a back seat to coding specialty moves for certain characters
coz its not, the best word for it "generic" enough to put that much effort into, compared to creation of all other moves, and becomes more of an Easter egg for the character
i personally don't like to do specific character intros for that same reason, it can be a lot of effort for a slim chance encounter, but if it is easy, why not

but i do understand the ideas and have jotted a few down (the easier ones anyway)
great example fir this sorta stuff is zvitors Cyclops and my havok, they both have a code in place that gives less damage or knock back (just for the specials blasts) infact that should be amped up to give almost nil damage for this kinda comic fan Easter egg

another great example is AvX Namor his stage will be immersed in water, so you have a time limit, when versing him or anyone in that stage (in the AvX game)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 10:52:47 AM by Arch »

Offline sky79

• Contributor
  • Last Login:December 19, 2022, 11:31:05 AM
  • Real players and makers share.
« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2013, 11:05:27 AM »
 ^^(PM)^

Easter eggs, YES

Ugh, I should have used that term earlyer.

Thanks

Keep Mugen Free

Offline RobiWanKen0bi

• Initiate
« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2013, 11:39:20 AM »
another great example is AvX Namor his stage will be immersed in water, so you have a time limit, when versing him or anyone in that stage (in the AvX game)

Yes, I agree with you, but that requires a huge amount of time/coding and still I think it would be more useful in a full game project only.

Offline Arkady

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:Today at 07:32:11 AM
  • "Create the Un-Creatable"
« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2013, 01:22:50 PM »
Well i think you can still use this namor stage, with the releases, or did you (acey) remove the codes from the AvX releases?

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2013, 01:37:49 PM »
Well i think you can still use this namor stage, with the releases, or did you (acey) remove the codes from the AvX releases?

I removed it, it's only in the full game.

Offline RobiWanKen0bi

• Initiate
« Reply #59 on: September 11, 2013, 07:02:16 PM »
Hate to bring the bad news, but I think I've found another bug.  ???

When Rogue, uses well... Rogue's powers (e.g. after kissing another Rogue) it has a bug. It happens when using a random power (Cyclops, etc.) and one of her random power makes her walk in place and she's stuck in that anim until she's hit. I have no idea what power might that be. Weird. :-??

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 [29] 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal