collapse

Author Topic: Spawn 2  (Read 1366 times)

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
Spawn 2
« on: January 15, 2008, 03:50:43 AM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spawn_2#Sequel

Seriously, There's all these movies that are supposedly coming out this year and I'm not seeing any pictures or trailers.
There's supposedly also a Fear Effect movie, but I haven't heard anything about it since I saw it on IMDB.

I'm just starting to think these are all rumors.
...It would be nice if there was another Spawn film though.

Offline Darkgargos

• Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:October 10, 2017, 12:10:54 PM
    • Email
Re: Spawn 2
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 04:09:27 AM »
There's been talk about a Spawn sequel for quite some time now, but lets face it Spawn isn't as popular as he used to be. Todd McFarlane was talking about making the next film more of a horror flick and making Spawn seem more like the boogyman. The Spawn movie didn't do all too well and was just a really bad film. I prefer the animation since it feels a lot closer to the comics. Todd keeps talking about making a sequel, but never gets around to actually doing it so I doubt we will see another one. It seems people would rather see more Marvel movies than see a new Spawn film which is too bad since I think Spawn is infinitely cooler than anything from Marvel. A new Spawn film needs to be made to remind people how freaking awesome Spawn is, I hope one happens someday.

Offline Daigo Jr

• Initiate
  • Last Login:January 24, 2008, 04:41:49 PM
  • SHORYU-REPPA
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 04:14:38 AM »
OMG! Its like 1AM and I just got done watching some parts of the first spawn movie whitch i've seen like a billion times, I was also just thinking bout when they would be making a new, i was about to go to sleep when i saw this, kinda wierd!
SMASH TEAM!

SIG by Symulation

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 04:20:39 AM »
There's been talk about a Spawn sequel for quite some time now, but lets face it Spawn isn't as popular as he used to be. Todd McFarlane was talking about making the next film more of a horror flick and making Spawn seem more like the boogyman. The Spawn movie didn't do all too well and was just a really bad film. I prefer the animation since it feels a lot closer to the comics. Todd keeps talking about making a sequel, but never gets around to actually doing it so I doubt we will see another one. It seems people would rather see more Marvel movies than see a new Spawn film which is too bad since I think Spawn is infinitely cooler than anything from Marvel. A new Spawn film needs to be made to remind people how freaking awesome Spawn is, I hope one happens someday.
I feel totally opposite. I loved the live action film. I saw a vhs a long time ago, It said Spawn 2, I thought it was an actual sequel, when I found out it was a cartoon, I just pitched it in the trash lol.
I loved the Spawn film and it will always be one of my favorite films.

Edit: The MvC Spawn for mugen... I don't like how it uses Blackhearts sounds, I'm going to rip sounds from the ps2 Spawn game.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 04:22:22 AM by Violent Ken Masters »

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 04:28:36 AM »
I feel totally opposite. I loved the live action film. I saw a vhs a long time ago, It said Spawn 2, I thought it was an actual sequel, when I found out it was a cartoon, I just pitched it in the trash lol.
I loved the Spawn film and it will always be one of my favorite films.

Edit: The MvC Spawn for mugen... I don't like how it uses Blackhearts sounds, I'm going to rip sounds from the ps2 Spawn game.

Well I'm a huge fan of the comics and was there when it all started so I was just disappointed that the film didn't feel like the comic. The animated series is really awesome and very dark just like the comics and a far better story than the film ever was. It was an ok movie to watch, but just not what I wanted or expected from Todd McFarlane.

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2008, 04:40:40 AM »
I thought it went well. I thought the actors did a nice job at their parts, and I enjoyed the fight scenes. If they made a second film, I would love to see him fight the redeemer.

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2008, 05:03:27 AM »
I thought it went well. I thought the actors did a nice job at their parts, and I enjoyed the fight scenes. If they made a second film, I would love to see him fight the redeemer.

I'm quite sure if a second film was made it would be so much better and I think Todd would go the horror route with it which is what it should have been from the start. I guess what I'm saying is the first film wasn't dark enough for my tastes and lacked the horror feel of the comics. I want to see Angela, Overtkill and Cy-gor  and even maybe Tremor in the next one. There is just so many cool characters that could be used for a new Spawn film. Personally I want to see a movie about Medieval Spawn, I think that could make for a epic movie.

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:June 27, 2018, 08:24:27 AM
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2008, 02:21:47 PM »
I loved the Spawn movie, it was on last night on FX. I remember first watching it in the theaters... damn, I just realised I was 9 at the time. *lol* Damn, did I love that movie as a kid. I also remember going to my Dad's house every year for the summer and Christmas. I'd turn it to HBO at midnight to watch the animated series because I didn't get free HBO when I used to live in Florida. That's when I saw animated juggs for the first time... atleast I think they showed that stuff, I have a bad memory so forgive me. *lol*

I hope they do make a sequel, Spawn is one of my favorites since I was a kid. Him and Spidey is what my Dad got me to like. Hell, I still have my first Spider-Man toy my dad got me when I was little. :thumbsup:

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Offline Scar

• Dragonslayer
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:July 29, 2016, 10:49:53 AM
  • Cobra Mugen Team
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2008, 02:56:39 PM »
Dude hell yeah, Spawn 2.

Im a huge spawn fan and if they do make spawn 2 I will be first in line.

I remember being pissed off when they cancelled the spawn series on HBO.

That show was awesome man.

f**k*** HBO...
  \-/o
!!Unite, Mobilize, Destroy!!

Offline BA$

• The guy who notices the small things people don't
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 17, 2014, 09:20:37 PM
  • I want to contrbute for MUGEN
    • follow me at twitter
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2008, 06:26:08 PM »
actully it's not spawn 2 it's a franchise reboot not a SEQUEL!!!!!!!!!!!!
i hope it's true to the comics because the comic is bloodier and dark. XD||
Quote from: Unknown
Thinking.
Why does Dommsday pull the cape out of his crotch though

Offline Daigo Jr

• Initiate
  • Last Login:January 24, 2008, 04:41:49 PM
  • SHORYU-REPPA
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2008, 08:03:37 PM »
I agree with the dude that said it didnt have that dark feeling, the best actor in the movie is the damn clown, he creeps me out, I would shoot myself after seeing him, i would be dramatised!!!  :o

Can someone give me info on him, I dont quiet get what his part in the movie is, ive seen it a billion times, but I dont really pay attention to it, I just like looking a Spawn, he's cool!
SMASH TEAM!

SIG by Symulation

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2008, 06:18:52 AM »
I agree with the dude that said it didnt have that dark feeling, the best actor in the movie is the damn clown, he creeps me out, I would shoot myself after seeing him, i would be dramatised!!!  :o

Can someone give me info on him, I dont quiet get what his part in the movie is, ive seen it a billion times, but I dont really pay attention to it, I just like looking a Spawn, he's cool!

Clown...AKA the Violator is a demon and one of Malebolgia's (One of the dark lords of hell) servants. His primary role is to antagonize Spawn into doing Malebolgia's bidding and to prepare him to become a general in hells army and then Spawn will lead them in battle against heaven in armageddon. So basically he's there to toy with Spawn and confuse him and keep him in line. Of course he does it in his own disturbing and comical way.

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2008, 07:12:03 AM »

Clown...AKA the Violator is a demon and one of Malebolgia's (One of the dark lords of hell) servants. His primary role is to antagonize Spawn into doing Malebolgia's bidding and to prepare him to become a general in hells army and then Spawn will lead them in battle against heaven in armageddon. So basically he's there to toy with Spawn and confuse him and keep him in line. Of course he does it in his own disturbing and comical way.
I don't really keep up on the comics. Did he ever lead Maleb's army? In the game Spawn Armageddon, it seems he's fighting both Heaven and Hell. People say Armageddon is easy, but the hell level and the last boss fight is a real b1tch. I like how the game's engine was. I just didn't like the camera because it killed me all the time. 

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2008, 07:34:55 AM »

I don't really keep up on the comics. Did he ever lead Maleb's army? In the game Spawn Armageddon, it seems he's fighting both Heaven and Hell. People say Armageddon is easy, but the hell level and the last boss fight is a real b1tch. I like how the game's engine was. I just didn't like the camera because it killed me all the time. 

Actually, he never did lead hell's army and never would since he wants nothing to do with either Heaven or Hell, but he keeps getting manipulated by both realms though.He actually killed Malebolgia in issue #100, but I still wonder if he's really dead. I haven't read a lot of the recent issues and I have a lot of catching up to do on the story. I only know he's gone through some changes like a slightly new costume design. That Spawn game was a real disappointment for me, it just had a lousy camera and boring gameplay. The only Spawn game I liked was Spawn in the Demon's Hand on dreamcast...I wish Capcom would make another one.

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2008, 08:08:51 AM »

Actually, he never did lead hell's army and never would since he wants nothing to do with either Heaven or Hell, but he keeps getting manipulated by both realms though.He actually killed Malebolgia in issue #100, but I still wonder if he's really dead. I haven't read a lot of the recent issues and I have a lot of catching up to do on the story. I only know he's gone through some changes like a slightly new costume design. That Spawn game was a real disappointment for me, it just had a lousy camera and boring gameplay. The only Spawn game I liked was Spawn in the Demon's Hand on dreamcast...I wish Capcom would make another one.
Oh I didn't like the dreamcast game. The shooter arcade feel would probably feel more right at the arcades (although when I had it for DC, I wasn't aware that it was available in the arcades).
I liked Spawn: The Eternal for PS1.
I can't find an iso of it, but I used to love that game when I was a kid. I liked how you were able to play in the story of multiple Spawns, not just Al Simmons. Although my two favorite Spawns in that game were Al Simmons, and Medieval Spawn.

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2008, 09:02:09 AM »

Oh I didn't like the dreamcast game. The shooter arcade feel would probably feel more right at the arcades (although when I had it for DC, I wasn't aware that it was available in the arcades).
I can't find an iso of it, but I used to love that game when I was a kid. I liked how you were able to play in the story of multiple Spawns, not just Al Simmons. Although my two favorite Spawns in that game were Al Simmons, and Medieval Spawn.

What!? you can't be serious!? That Dreamcast Spawn was the best Spawn game ever made because it had good gameplay and you could play with tons of characters from the comics including Medieval Spawn. I guess I just loved the arcade gameplay because it was all action. And as for that PS1 game..........I can't believe you thought that was a good game, I mean it was just slapped together and really poorly done at that. Everyone knew that game was just awful in graphics and gameplay. I didn't think anyone could possibly like that game. Even the SNES Spawn game was better than that one. I kinda blame Todd McFarlane for that though because although he's awesome in the comic biz, he just doesn't know jack about video games. Well at least one person got some enjoyment out of that game, I however never saw nothing redeeming about it.....sorry I just can't hide the fact that I thought it was a really awful game.

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2008, 09:29:59 AM »

What!? you can't be serious!? That Dreamcast Spawn was the best Spawn game ever made because it had good gameplay and you could play with tons of characters from the comics including Medieval Spawn. I guess I just loved the arcade gameplay because it was all action. And as for that PS1 game..........I can't believe you thought that was a good game, I mean it was just slapped together and really poorly done at that. Everyone knew that game was just awful in graphics and gameplay. I didn't think anyone could possibly like that game. Even the SNES Spawn game was better than that one. I kinda blame Todd McFarlane for that though because although he's awesome in the comic biz, he just doesn't know jack about video games. Well at least one person got some enjoyment out of that game, I however never saw nothing redeeming about it.....sorry I just can't hide the fact that I thought it was a really awful game.
Nah. I played the SNES Spawn game, and I stopped playing it after I tried all of his attacks.
As far as graphics. Dude. Its freaking ps1.  The only games with good graphics on ps1 is Fear Effect 2, and Megaman Legends 2, and the only reason those had good graphics were because a lot was cel-shaded. You cannot compare ps1's graphics to dreamcast. I mean DC's games have been ported onto ps2 and gamecube. Very few games from ps1 only got ported to DC because of popularity, most of those games got ported to N64 also. I even think N64 as it's own system has a lot better graphics then ps1. I didn't care for the DC Spawn because well it was meant to be played in multiplayer. I mean, seriously. I just didn't feel like I was achieving anything. You kill some guy then they respawn. I mean when they did a port for the DC they could have at least tried to make a story mode, which actually require you to do things. I remember when I bought it, I was like wow, it's from capcom and it's 3d, great, it'll probably play something like DMC. I was dead wrong.  I just expected more of a one player experience from it, the only time I get to play a game in multiplayer is either at the arcades or online. Back then I didn't have internet so... yeah.
Spawn for DC isn't bad, but it is meant only for multiplayer.
Edit: Dude. I just played Spawn The Eternal on my emulator. Yeah, it's horrible. It's not the graphics. It's the gameplay.
I just don't think it's right to make it a Spawn game without giving him his powers. Like Seriously. Also, it's pretty retarded that he can't just heal his wounds, and it makes the game harder (even in easy mode), because you have to look for necro, and if your still low on health, your sol. Especially when you have to fight that giant that shoots freaking laserbeams out his eyes. Spawn can't use powers in the game so why should anyone else. Also while fighting you can't even jump. I think when I was a kid, I probably put on cheat codes to be able to get through the game. I'll stick with Spawn Armageddon.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 10:19:19 AM by Violent Ken Masters »

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2008, 10:16:44 AM »

Nah. I played the SNES Spawn game, and I stopped playing it after I tried all of his attacks.
As far as graphics. Dude. Its freaking ps1.  The only games with good graphics on ps1 is Fear Effect 2, and Megaman Legends 2, and the only reason those had good graphics were because a lot was cel-shaded. You cannot compare ps1's graphics to dreamcast. I mean DC's games have been ported onto ps2 and gamecube. Very few games from ps1 only got ported to DC because of popularity, most of those games got ported to N64 also. I even think N64 as it's own system has a lot better graphics then ps1. I didn't care for the DC Spawn because well it was meant to be played in multiplayer. I mean, seriously. I just didn't feel like I was achieving anything. You kill some guy then they respawn. I mean when they did a port for the DC they could have at least tried to make a story mode, which actually require you to do things. I remember when I bought it, I was like wow, it's from capcom and it's 3d, great, it'll probably play something like DMC. I was dead wrong.  I just expected more of a one player experience from it, the only time I get to play a game in multiplayer is either at the arcades or online. Back then I didn't have internet so... yeah.
Spawn for DC isn't bad, but it is meant only for multiplayer.

I do see what you mean, I do agree that DC Spawn was a multiplayer game and the thing is they axed the online feature for the DC version which pissed quite a few people off and that's why it didn't get better reviews in the mags. I got a lot of fun out of it just because it was a run & gun game with all my favorite Spawn characters. Actually I think Capcom could re-release it now or remake it for the current consoles and add online play. A completely new one would probably be better though. That was bad of Capcom to cut the online feature from the DC game. I do agree that PS1 games in general don't have good graphics, but I think they could have done just a tad better than that. It was the sloppy gameplay that really irked me though...I just didn't find it fun at all. Of course I thought most games on PS1 were garbage since I had so much fun during the 16-bit and 8-bit eras and the 32-bit era just didn't feel right or as fun IMO. There I go again ranting about the good old days......I'm just one grumpy old skool gamer  :P
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 10:18:30 AM by Darkgargos »

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2008, 10:26:57 AM »
lol. I edited my previous post.
I just found this vid, and apparently, Spawns enemies are all emo's.

:DxDie

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2008, 11:07:09 AM »
lol. I edited my previous post.
I just found this vid, and apparently, Spawns enemies are all emo's.

:DxDie

:D I remember that...how they just would jump off the buildings. That just makes Spawns job a whole lot easier  >:D

Offline b.easy

• Global Moderator
  • Last Login:December 01, 2022, 11:28:07 PM
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2008, 11:11:52 AM »
I heard that Spawn 2 would be mostly about his detective buddies from the comic, Sam and Twitch i think, and that Spawn wouldn't be the main character but some kind of spooky outsider.

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2008, 11:16:21 AM »
I heard that Spawn 2 would be mostly about his detective buddies from the comic, Sam and Twitch i think, and that Spawn wouldn't be the main character but some kind of spooky outsider.
I hope not. I never liked Sam and Twitch...
Didn't one of them die? I think I remember one of them died.
I just realized.
Detroit only has 2 super heroes.  Spawn, and Robocop (according to wikipedia, the city he protects is Detroit). There might be more, but I'm not sure. I know marvel mainly protects New York City. (Seriously, F4, X-men, Spider-Man, and more protect that city, as far as I'm concerned, NYC doesn't need a police force in the Marvel comics. lol.)

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2008, 11:31:50 AM »
I just realized.
Detroit only has 2 super heroes.  Spawn, and Robocop (according to wikipedia, the city he protects is Detroit). There might be more, but I'm not sure. I know marvel mainly protects New York City. (Seriously, F4, X-men, Spider-Man, and more protect that city, as far as I'm concerned, NYC doesn't need a police force in the Marvel comics. lol.)

Actually, Spawn protects or should I say dwells within the alleyways of New York, but he has done some traveling around though. 

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2008, 12:27:04 PM »
I just realized.

Actually, Spawn protects or should I say dwells within the alleyways of New York, but he has done some traveling around though. 
Oh yeah, it seems he does protect NYC. I guess it was in his SC bio that said he was born in Detroit.
http://www.gamerhelp.com/xbox/SoulCaliburII/101021.shtml

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2008, 02:51:45 PM »
I own Spawn In the Demon's Hand for the DC. The game is fun as hell when you do co-op with a friend. I usually use Spawn with his guns or Medevil Spawn. Both are cool. Infact, I want to go play it right now. *lol*

I always wanted to play Spawn Armageddon, is it worth the purchase? I ask because I don't think my Movie Gallery has it.

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2008, 03:26:07 PM »
I own Spawn In the Demon's Hand for the DC. The game is fun as hell when you do co-op with a friend. I usually use Spawn with his guns or Medevil Spawn. Both are cool. Infact, I want to go play it right now. *lol*

I always wanted to play Spawn Armageddon, is it worth the purchase? I ask because I don't think my Movie Gallery has it.
Well the game is a blantant rip off of DMC, but the camera angles get shotty at times and often you'll be falling pits of lava when you go to hell. I think Armageddon was just trying to build off the success from Soul Calibur 2. The first few levels are fun, but after that it gets to be a pain (Especially hell), I needed to use level skip in order to see the end.
The game is old as hell, and honestly, if you want to play it. You can get the game used at 6 dollars for the gamecube, or 9 dollars for the ps2. http://www.gamestop.com/search.asp?Ntk=TitleKeyword&Ntx=mode%2Bmatchallpartial&Ntt=Spawn+Armageddon&N=0&find.x=0&find.y=0&find=Search
+ Tax.
Where I'm at, it's about 5 (maybe 6, I haven't rented a game in years) dollars to rent a game, So I'd probably get the GC version, and if you don't like it, you can probably sell it on ebay or some online site for about the price you bought it.

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2008, 03:39:06 PM »
Yeah, there is no point in renting if the price is the same as a rental. I saw a couple of videos on Youtube a minute ago, the player just ran around aimlessly. *lol* I'll probably just pick it up next time when I go to Gamestop. I didn't know it was on GC, thought only on PS2 and XB. Good to know because I always get the multiplatform games on GC.

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Offline MuηkyMØÜf

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:June 16, 2014, 08:36:08 PM
  • I don't play games, I fight for real!
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2008, 05:25:49 PM »
if there is gonn be a Spawn2 they should just let it be animated like the HBO series.

>:-(-|
why didnt they keep that show going on hbo?
<~Rage
Pr. Luchador~>

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[Today at 11:17:34 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by O Ilusionista
[Today at 11:15:00 AM]

The Spider release + Spider-Man game by GTFoxN6Y
[Today at 01:00:10 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 15, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11