collapse

Author Topic: first Street Fighter 4 screen!!!!!  (Read 2940 times)

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:June 27, 2018, 08:24:27 AM
    • Email
Re: first Street Fighter 4 screen!!!!!
« Reply #75 on: December 08, 2007, 11:07:26 PM »
>:(
AWWWWW HELL NAWH! they just redid SF2 as 3D and cell shaded.  ~X( thats not worth going to get a next gen console. Not even a used one. Granted they may have a new fight system but that is a major dissapointment. I love Capcom but they really need to step it up when it comes to SF.

What are talking about?

... Did anyone else notice that futuristic tower in the background? I just did.

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Offline MuηkyMØÜf

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:June 16, 2014, 08:36:08 PM
  • I don't play games, I fight for real!
« Reply #76 on: December 08, 2007, 11:30:42 PM »
Ziff Sets Us Straight On Stolen Street Fighter IV Pics

Earlier today, we posted about the plight of "tiny Brazilian blog" Blogeek, who, as you may remember, posted a pair of screen shots of Street Fighter IV yesterday. Amazingly, the site scooped 1UP to its own exclusive, claiming it had received the screens and details on the Capcom fighter from an "anonymous source." The site's owner, Douglas Pereira, wrote us this morning, crying out for help. "Ziff Davis is going after me. They're chasing me," he lamented. It was very heart-wrenching.

Sounds like EGM and 1UP were quite justified in their legal "picking on" of Pereira and Blogeek. He's an EGM Brazil freelancer and has now admitted to swiping the pics from Ziff-Davis' own media servers. EGM editor-in-chief Dan Hsu, who says ZD has the IP logs of the transgression to back it up, explains.

Guys, maybe a little journalistic investigating before you blast us? How about talking to Ziff Davis to get the "full story"? This guy did not get the information from an "anonymous source." He's a freelancer for EGM Brazil who finally admitted to them that he did not have a source, but rather, stole the information from our servers (we have IP logs for this). He used his working relationship with EGM Brazil, stole a password, and took information from our story and posted it up before we could.

If one of Kotaku's freelancers stole a password to steal a scoop, would that be cool? I'd be OK with it if, indeed, he had a source that leaked the information (I stood up for Kotaku for that very act in last year's Sony debacle). But that's not what's happened. What he did was just outright illegal, irresponsible, and is not what journalists are supposed to do.

Please, next time, before blasting us...maybe get the other side of the story?

Thanks to Hsu for clearing up the matter. I'm off to wince!

When contacted over the weekend Pereira denied the allegations and said that he never admitted to anything.

They don't know what they're saying!!! That's right, I in fact write some things for the brazilian mag. Though, I'm a freelancer, and therefore I don't have access to their FTP. I never wrote a story that used the FTP. And I NEVER admitted that I stole the pictures from their FTP, because I didn't. I know it sounds suspicious, but you must believe me, I don't have their FTP login and did not stole any pics form there. They were given to me, and I published them.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/mea-culpa/ziff-sets-us-straight-on-stolen-street-fighter-iv-pics-331583.php

What are talking about?

... Did anyone else notice that futuristic tower in the background? I just did.

SUPPOSiVELY SFIV is just goin going to be  the story between SF2 & SF3. and with the return of Dhalsim it only makes sense. Plus the rendered SF2 stage in the pic I posted (yeah the one witht the tower 8=|) makes it so obvious.

there are a multitude of sites that say this and many have the same exact info from 1up.com <_<|...|
« Last Edit: December 08, 2007, 11:43:53 PM by MunkyMouf »
<~Rage
Pr. Luchador~>

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 05, 2015, 07:56:22 PM
« Reply #77 on: December 09, 2007, 12:34:31 AM »
SUPPOSiVELY SFIV is just goin going to be  the story between SF2 & SF3. and with the return of Dhalsim it only makes sense. Plus the rendered SF2 stage in the pic I posted (yeah the one witht the tower ) makes it so obvious.

there are a multitude of sites that say this and many have the same exact info from 1up.com
<_<|...|

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: December 09, 2007, 09:02:16 AM »
Well whatever. All I know is that the game looks cool, Cammy might be in the game (I'm not sure), and the game will most likely have online play. I'm definitely going to get this game.

Offline Darkgargos

• Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:October 10, 2017, 12:10:54 PM
    • Email
« Reply #79 on: December 09, 2007, 09:09:23 AM »
Well whatever. All I know is that the game looks cool, Cammy might be in the game (I'm not sure), and the game will most likely have online play. I'm definitely going to get this game.

Agreed, I also hope to god that they put Cammy in the game  [-O< As long as I can have Miss Chun and Cammy again I'll be happy. I personally think Capcom needs to release this game across all platforms PS3,360,Wii and even PC so that way everyone can enjoy it  ;D

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #80 on: December 09, 2007, 10:25:33 AM »

Agreed, I also hope to god that they put Cammy in the game  [-O< As long as I can have Miss Chun and Cammy again I'll be happy. I personally think Capcom needs to release this game across all platforms PS3,360,Wii and even PC so that way everyone can enjoy it  ;D
Well in the interview the spokesman said there was a Halo 3 style online stats thing where he could go and see who is the best Cammy player. That's why I think Cammy is in the game. Although he could have been saying something else. Also with next gen, you can be able to dl new characters in the PStore or Xbox live market place. That's what they did with New Goblin for Spiderman 3. 
Well anyways, I just hope we get some old school characters in this game. I really want to see what a futuristic Sakura  would look like, and if Cammy is in the game, she better have her SF2 costume. I didn't like her SFA outfit.  :-??

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #81 on: December 09, 2007, 10:41:06 AM »

Well in the interview the spokesman said there was a Halo 3 style online stats thing where he could go and see who is the best Cammy player. That's why I think Cammy is in the game. Although he could have been saying something else. Also with next gen, you can be able to dl new characters in the PStore or Xbox live market place. That's what they did with New Goblin for Spiderman 3. 
Well anyways, I just hope we get some old school characters in this game. I really want to see what a futuristic Sakura  would look like, and if Cammy is in the game, she better have her SF2 costume. I didn't like her SFA outfit.  :-??

Actually the guy was talking about SSF2T-HD Remix when he mentioned online stats. I hope for the same stat concept for SF4 as well. Yeah, Cammy better have her SF2 costume if she's in there cuz I didn't care for her Alpha outfit either. I really do want to see most of the SF2 cast back in action and it would be nice to see some of the Alpha characters too, but I would love to see new fighters as well just to keep things fresh. I'm just hoping for fast and tight gameplay.

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #82 on: December 10, 2007, 08:54:54 PM »
Yay for more Info:

- Yoshinori Ono is producing. He produced Street Fighter Alpha, Street Fighter III.
- He wants it to be the second coming of Street Fighter II.
- Online fighting is planned with potential for microtransactions such as new characters and stages.
- Gameplay staying at 2D, with 3D elements.
- The game runs at 60 frames per second.
- The camera doesn't budge.
- They are trying to put in as many Street Fighter II characters as possible.
- The game takes place after Street Fighter II Turbo and before Street Fighter III.
- The controls are traditional.
- The game is more agressive based on attacking and defending.
- The producer hasn't decided on the game platforms or if there is going to be an arcade version. The one tested was running on a PC.
- Ono suggests Capcom could make a PS2 or Nintendo DS version if "they deem the market suitable".
- Ono does not want to make it exclusive. He wants it on as many platforms as possible.

http://onaxis.blogspot.com/2007/12/january-2008-egm-reveals-street-fighter.html

The more consoles the better, Everyone should enjoy this piece of History.

Offline Negi Springfield

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:December 26, 2022, 03:12:38 PM
  • Got some change?!
    • Hokuto_no_Fan
« Reply #83 on: December 10, 2007, 09:02:36 PM »
HERE'S HOPEING FOR A PS2 RELEASE!
DAMN! now i'm almost as worked up as Dan XD
which reminds me....
What ever happend to Dan? killed by Akuma?(likely)
or by Sagat?(most likely)
Became so awesome that he killed Chuck Norris and instantly touched god-on-earth status(hell no, aint gonna happen)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 09:16:53 PM by Violent Negi »

Offline MaverickZr0

• S-Rank
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:November 25, 2016, 02:18:47 AM
« Reply #84 on: December 10, 2007, 09:42:24 PM »
Yay for more Info:

- Yoshinori Ono is producing. He produced Street Fighter Alpha, Street Fighter III. Yesss Parrying
- He wants it to be the second coming of Street Fighter II.
- Online fighting is planned with potential for microtransactions such as new characters and stages.
- Gameplay staying at 2D, with 3D elements.
- The game runs at 60 frames per second.
- The camera doesn't budge.
- They are trying to put in as many Street Fighter II characters as possible.
- The game takes place after Street Fighter II Turbo and before Street Fighter III.
- The controls are traditional.
- The game is more agressive based on attacking and defending.
- The producer hasn't decided on the game platforms or if there is going to be an arcade version. The one tested was running on a PC.
- Ono suggests Capcom could make a PS2 or Nintendo DS version if "they deem the market suitable".
- Ono does not want to make it exclusive. He wants it on as many platforms as possible.

http://onaxis.blogspot.com/2007/12/january-2008-egm-reveals-street-fighter.html

The more consoles the better, Everyone should enjoy this piece of History.
So then, so far it sounds good, as long as they keep parrying and a kickass Sountrack, I like aggresive Fighting games too  :)

Now heres hoping for Yun & Yang.

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #85 on: December 10, 2007, 11:38:16 PM »
So then, so far it sounds good, as long as they keep parrying and a kickass Sountrack, I like aggresive Fighting games too

Parrying was already confirmed to be replaced with something called revenge or something. ;)

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: December 10, 2007, 11:41:47 PM »
So then, so far it sounds good, as long as they keep parrying and a kickass Sountrack, I like aggresive Fighting games too

Parrying was already confirmed to be replaced with something called revenge or something. ;)
Good. To be honest, I didn't like the parrying in SFIII. It just didn't feel like Street Fighter.

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #87 on: December 11, 2007, 04:14:37 AM »
As of right now I'm waiting to see the full scoop from EGM, since they are/were supposed to have the full exclusive news on the game. Anything else is just rumor and speculation right now. So I'm not going to believe anything off the net unless it's from an official source or straight from Capcom.

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #88 on: December 11, 2007, 04:29:53 AM »
As of right now I'm waiting to see the full scoop from EGM, since they are/were supposed to have the full exclusive news on the game. Anything else is just rumor and speculation right now. So I'm not going to believe anything off the net unless it's from an official source or straight from Capcom.

EGM isn't that reliable either. ;)

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #89 on: December 11, 2007, 05:00:36 AM »

EGM isn't that reliable either. ;)

True, but they are supposed to have gotten their info straight from Capcom. I do hate EGM though, the only mag I ever believed in was Game Fan. I wish Capcom would keep us all up to date themselves so we wouldn't have to go to other sources. They need an SF4 site like SSBB and keep it updated with the latest info.

Offline dennis872005

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 08, 2010, 08:34:19 PM
    • Email
« Reply #90 on: December 11, 2007, 01:41:10 PM »

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: December 11, 2007, 04:31:28 PM »
Here's the list of confirmed characters so far.

Ryu
Ken
Dhalsim
Chun-Li (Thank God)

Offline BA$

• The guy who notices the small things people don't
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 17, 2014, 09:20:37 PM
  • I want to contrbute for MUGEN
    • follow me at twitter
« Reply #92 on: December 11, 2007, 08:12:08 PM »
/:O :o

oh man i thought it was gonna be in 2d. that's disapointing i really wanted in 2D so bad.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( \-/o \-/o \-/o \-/o \-/o \-/o \-/o \-/o \-/o \-/o \-/o :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( >:P >:P >:P >:P
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 08:15:08 PM by COMMANDER N00B »
Quote from: Unknown
Thinking.
Why does Dommsday pull the cape out of his crotch though

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:June 27, 2018, 08:24:27 AM
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: December 12, 2007, 02:49:23 AM »

What a dumb move. The parry system saved me on many occasions in SFIII. They need to expand on what is already a great fighting system, not downgrade it. I trust Capcom though, so I might enjoy it either way. :P

Here is some new info I read on GameFaqs, is it reliable? That's up to you really.

from neogaf:
There are two meters:
- The Revenge Meter, which builds up by getting hit.
- The Super Meter, which we will assume builds up by attacking.

The Revenge Meter:
- The Revenge Meter is made up of four sections.
- There are 3 uses for the Revenge Meter; they are EX moves, Saving Strikes, and an unblockable attack (I didn't catch the name of the unblockable).
- EX moves act just like in SFIII. They cost one section. They can be canceled with a forward, or backward, dash.
- Saving Strikes are executed with HP+HK. They cost one section. They are invincible. They can be canceled with a forward, or backward, dash.
- The unblockable move is done by charging a Saving Strike. It cost three sections. It is invincible.

The Super Meter:
- It is to be assumed that there is one section in the Super Meter.
- Currently every character has one super. Ryu's Shinkuu Hadoken, for example, is done the same way as in ST. It uses the Super Meter.
- An Ultra is performed by doing the super motion with two buttons. The Ultra cost the Super Meter as well as one section of the Revenge Meter. It is longer than normal supers, and include dramatic camera angles.

Taunt:
- Taunts are performed by pressing MP+MK

Throw:
- Throws are performed by pressing LP+LK

Quick Rise:
- Performed by pressing...I forget, but I think it is down+P+K as you hit the ground.

SF IV Info:

-Producer is Yoshinori Ono, who worked on SF Alpha, SF III, and oversaw Capcom Fighting Revolution

-Ono wants it to be the "second coming" of SF II. Wants it to feel like "homecoming" for SF II fans.

-Online play is planned with potential for microtransactions such as new characters and stages

-The look is not really similiar to the teaser trailer. A "cartoon-shaded style that manages to evoke SF II reimagined in 3d"

- runs in 60FPS

- Gameplay sticking with 2D- Ono wants to "preserve the strategic nature of SF II"

-camera doesn't budge

- Trying to get "as many SFII characters in as possible"

- Takes place after SFII Turbo and before SF III

-Controls are traditional- "in its current early state, the game feels remarkably close to Super SFII Turbo"

- Game is more aggressive- more about attacking than defending. Many of the SF III and Alpha gameplay systems have been scrapped.

- Producer says they haven't decided what platforms or even if there will be an arcade version. Version Shane played was running on a P.C

- Ono suggests Capcom could make a PS2 or DS version if "they deem the market suitable"

-Ono not enthusiastic about making it an exclusive- wants to get it out on as many platforms as possible

I love the last part... it means there is a possibility of a Wii version :w00t:

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #94 on: December 12, 2007, 04:51:21 PM »
Quote from: Teros
I love the last part... it means there is a possibility of a Wii version

I know Everyone should be able to play this piece of History!

Quote from: Teros
What a dumb move. The parry system saved me on many occasions in SFIII. They need to expand on what is already a great fighting system, not downgrade it. I trust Capcom though, so I might enjoy it either way.

We won't know 'till we play it, I like Parrying but who knows this may turn out quite handy. :)

Offline wiineedmore

• Initiate
  • Last Login:December 25, 2007, 11:55:11 PM
« Reply #95 on: December 25, 2007, 03:13:03 PM »
This is n the new EGM book it actually looks pretty good

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 [29] 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal