collapse

Author Topic: Great place for custom sprites  (Read 1807 times)

Offline Kid Chyllen™♪

• The Young Lion
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 07, 2012, 07:13:43 AM
  • Smash Bros. 4 Coming to you in 2013 !
    • Email
Great place for custom sprites
« on: August 14, 2007, 10:24:54 PM »
http://galeon.com/efex/web/page1.html

Its a really good place for sprites.

Offline BigSally

• Initiate
  • Last Login:March 05, 2020, 08:15:02 PM
    • Email
Re: Great place for custom sprites
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 10:33:40 PM »
THANx buddy  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline BigJ

• Contributor
  • Last Login:March 25, 2015, 02:28:49 PM
    • BigJ's Mugen site
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 10:37:06 PM »
those are'nt open source just so you know.

Offline BigSally

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2007, 10:39:40 PM »
Are U sure ? ;D ;D

Offline BigJ

• Contributor
    • BigJ's Mugen site
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2007, 10:41:26 PM »
Are U sure ? ;D ;D

no lol, but I'm pretty sure you cant just take those sprites and edit them :-\

Offline BigSally

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2007, 10:43:54 PM »
OK BJ honey bunny

Offline Darkgargos

• Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:October 10, 2017, 12:10:54 PM
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2007, 10:45:23 PM »
BigJ is right, those are NOT open source and they belong to efex01. You would have to get his permission to use them, after all they are his sprite works.

Offline dennis872005

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 08, 2010, 08:34:19 PM
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2007, 10:52:35 PM »
BigJ is right, those are NOT open source and they belong to efex01. You would have to get his permission to use them, after all they are his sprite works.

yeah to use his sprites but to be a char of them you do not need his permission since he is not the one making the sprites

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2007, 11:03:18 PM »

yeah to use his sprites but to be a char of them you do not need his permission since he is not the one making the sprites

Those sprites cannot be use to make a character without the creators permission, using without permission is stealing. Just email efex01 and ask him.

Offline dennis872005

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2007, 01:06:16 AM »

Those sprites cannot be use to make a character without the creators permission, using without permission is stealing. Just email efex01 and ask him.

dude basing a char  of those sprites is not stealing since you are not using his sprites and he is not making them

Offline FDX The Hyper Bomb

• Initiate
  • Last Login:September 24, 2007, 04:33:08 AM
  • Alex is more awesome than all the shotos combined
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2007, 01:40:03 AM »

Would the fact that my avatar is from that site apply to that?

Offline BigJ

• Contributor
    • BigJ's Mugen site
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2007, 02:29:46 AM »

I think thats okay, as long as you dont hotlink. KFM is a good friend of efex and pointed out to megafanx that he was hotlinking efex's sprites. He didnt say anything about not being able to use them without permission.

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2007, 03:44:10 AM »
Using them for avatars and sig's should be ok , but like BigJ said don't hotlink . If you are making your own custom sprites based on them and not actually using his sprites, then that should be ok. Just remember to credit him if you make a character, cuz you used his sprites as a reference to help make your own. If someone wants to use them just contact efex and ask him if it's ok, he's the one with the answers.

Offline Barbary

• Initiate
  • Last Login:August 29, 2009, 06:23:55 PM
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2007, 03:47:40 AM »
Hey wasnt this a statue somewhere.

Thats the same guy who did that Ryu_SF4 picture thing. It looks sick.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 03:51:37 AM by Barbary »

Offline Marancv

• Spriting Masta and
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:December 05, 2019, 01:31:04 PM
  • Check out My NEW SITE! ;P
    • marancv's Hidden Place
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2007, 04:57:46 PM »
o.0'' that page is the Sh*t!!! AWESOME edits!! :o

Offline Crabnek

• Old Ghost
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:October 23, 2023, 12:50:45 AM
  • I still poke in every now and then.
    • Crabnek
    • Skype - cosmosmeat
    • Infinity
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2007, 07:36:42 PM »

dude basing a char  of those sprites is not stealing since you are not using his sprites and he is not making them
I swear to god, if you don't learn how to type properly I'm gonna kick your @ss.
I get ticked off easily when I see stuff like that.
It reminds me of oohwhap.

On-Topic: Credit him if using his sprites, but don't call them your own. If you base sprites you made on them without actually using his sprites, then atleast credit him since you used his sprite for guidance.

Offline BigJ

• Contributor
    • BigJ's Mugen site
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2007, 07:46:31 PM »

I swear to god, if you don't learn how to type properly I'm gonna kick your @ss.

On-Topic: Credit him if using his sprites, but don't call them your own. If you base sprites you made on them without actually using his sprites, then atleast credit him since you used his sprite for guidance.

XD
I dont get what dennis is saying. If you're basing a char off of his sprites then you're more or less using them. And why do you keep saying he's not making them? does that really have anything to do with the subject? Is this guy hosting sprites that somebody else made?

Offline dennis872005

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2007, 08:00:23 PM »

XD
I dont get what dennis is saying. If you're basing a char off of his sprites then you're more or less using them. And why do you keep saying he's not making them? does that really have anything to do with the subject? Is this guy hosting sprites that somebody else made?

i am saying that you do not need his permission to make a char based off his sprites.

Offline BigSally

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2007, 08:52:22 PM »

Be nice crabby ;D

Offline dennis872005

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2007, 11:50:34 AM »

Be nice crabby ;D

ha i had not read that. Well whatever bunghole if you wanna kick my butt come and get it. What the f**k is wrong with you. Wanting to kick someone butt for not typing correctly. f**k you and big sally. Damn i swear  wtf is up with infinity these days. All i typed was my opinion so sftu crabneck i doubt you could kick my butt

Offline BigJ

• Contributor
    • BigJ's Mugen site
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2007, 12:38:18 PM »

Be nice crabby ;D

ha i had not read that. Well whatever a**h*** if you wanna kick my @$$ come and get it. What the f**k is wrong with you. Wanting to kick someone @$$ for not typing correctly. f**k you and big sally. Damn i swear  wtf is up with infinity these days. All i typed was my opinion so sftu crabneck i doubt you could kick my @$$

why did you say f**k Bigsally???

Offline Megafanx13

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 07, 2011, 10:52:29 PM
  • Yakuza!
    • 私のウェブサイト
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2007, 12:57:41 PM »

I think thats okay, as long as you dont hotlink. KFM is a good friend of efex and pointed out to megafanx that he was hotlinking efex's sprites. He didnt say anything about not being able to use them without permission.
i said i was sorry!

Offline Crabnek

• Old Ghost
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:October 23, 2023, 12:50:45 AM
  • I still poke in every now and then.
    • Crabnek
    • Skype - cosmosmeat
    • Infinity
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2007, 01:04:57 PM »
ha i had not read that. Well whatever a**h*** if you wanna kick my @$$ come and get it. What the f**k is wrong with you. Wanting to kick someone @$$ for not typing correctly. f**k you and big sally. Damn i swear  wtf is up with infinity these days. All i typed was my opinion so sftu crabneck i doubt you could kick my @$$
Sorry dennis, I didn't mean to get you angry. I was just in a bad mood at the time and I really didn't mean what I said... though it did tick me off a bit, I'm alright with it, so I apologize, though I understand if you don't accept my apology...
Besides, I could kick your butt anyday, so don't push it bud.
Also, you were right.
You are allowed to base sprites on his, but you should still credit him for the base you used in the first place.

Why did you say Big sally anyway?

Offline dennis872005

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2007, 01:10:27 PM »
Sorry dennis, I didn't mean to get you angry. I was just in a bad mood at the time and I really didn't mean what I said... though it did tick me off a bit, I'm alright with it, so I apologize, though I understand if you don't accept my apology...
Besides, I could kick your @$$ anyday, so don't push it bud.
Also, you were right.
You are allowed to base sprites on his, but you should still credit him for the base you used in the first place.

Why did you say Big sally anyway?
Damn, well i am sorry too. It's just I'm in a bad mood, like you were yesterday. So sorry and yes i do accept your apology. I don't really know why i said BigSally. I guess because i thought he was repeating what you said by quoting you.

Offline BigJ

• Contributor
    • BigJ's Mugen site
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2007, 01:29:50 PM »

i said i was sorry!

I know, sorry for putting you on the spot I just needed an example. No hard feelings :)

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
[28] 29 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal