collapse

Author Topic: can't play mugen with new notebook - keybord problem  (Read 1186 times)

Offline warriorz

• Initiate
  • Last Login:January 13, 2024, 05:13:21 AM
    • Email
can't play mugen with new notebook - keybord problem
« on: December 02, 2020, 09:09:40 AM »
Hi guys, need a solution..

I play with MUGEN since 2000s, I've always played MUGEN with keyboard (with different computers over the years)..and never had this problem..

I changed laptop last month (futijsu lifebook e754) and found that combo keys (for example: c+z, c+a, a+b..) doesn't work! So i can't able to do all that hyper moves with 2 button together.. i have over that 500 chars and a lot of them use this combination.. strange thing!

I tried to see online if it is an antighosting problem via online sites but it seems not (it seems! but I wouldn't be sure)

any solution?

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:April 27, 2024, 07:01:29 PM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
Re: can't play mugen with new notebook - keybord problem
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2020, 09:24:38 AM »
question: when playing on keyboard in the past, did you use the number keys in your control setup, and does you laptop not have number keys?
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline warriorz

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2020, 09:44:59 AM »
no.

i always used:

button  a = d  on keyboard
button  b = s  on keyboard
button  c = a  on keyboard
button  x = c  on keyboard
button  y = x  on keyboard
button  z = z  on keyboard
button  start =  Enter on keyboard

(and key arrow for moviments)

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 27, 2024, 11:21:03 AM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2020, 10:13:31 AM »
Sadly, it's not a Mugen issue, but a keyboard issue. In some cases, more than a X number of keys can't be pressed together (in some cases, simple 2 keys at once won't work)
https://www.quora.com/Why-cant-I-press-more-than-three-buttons-on-my-keyboard-while-playing-a-video-game

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:April 27, 2024, 07:01:29 PM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2020, 11:44:05 AM »
Sadly, it's not a Mugen issue, but a keyboard issue. In some cases, more than a X number of keys can't be pressed together (in some cases, simple 2 keys at once won't work)
https://www.quora.com/Why-cant-I-press-more-than-three-buttons-on-my-keyboard-while-playing-a-video-game

Yeah, This is why I asked. Your laptop's input buffer for simultaneous actions is sadly limited to 2, as is the case with most keyboards in general. The Number Pad on a keyboard counts as it's one input so with using the 8,5,2,6 keys would increase you limit to 3 actions, but if you're laptop doesn't have a numpad then you're out of luck.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline navs41

• Dark Phoenix Saga Contributor
  • Last Login:April 28, 2024, 02:45:56 PM
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2020, 03:11:23 PM »

Reminds me of Golden Axe: the Duel. I think one character we used as a base required a three button move.

You could try using CTLR, ALT or DEL as combo keys (no joke, really, they might have some bypass to the rule). Just don't press all three :D

Offline Beto

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 27, 2024, 08:25:49 PM
  • Action!!
    • My Youtube page
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2020, 04:08:47 PM »
Why not buy a USB keyboard?

Offline warriorz

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2020, 04:56:46 AM »
Yeah, This is why I asked. Your laptop's input buffer for simultaneous actions is sadly limited to 2, as is the case with most keyboards in general. The Number Pad on a keyboard counts as it's one input so with using the 8,5,2,6 keys would increase you limit to 3 actions, but if you're laptop doesn't have a numpad then you're out of luck.

damn, even only 2 keys don't work .. so in my keyboard only 1 at a time can be pressed? i can understand limiting 3 pressed together (but the "ctrl + alt + del" combo works fine) ..
i tried to check antighosting (https://drakeirving.github.io/MultiKeyDisplay/)    and when i press 2 keys together both lights turn on, it should go then!

but maybe when I press them together, the keyboard / notebook seems to delay one of the two, not perfectly simultaneously, can it be? have you ever heard of such a thing?

i think this because i tried to change trigger in command file from:

- command = c+z
to
-command = /c
-command = /z

now p1 first do basic attack c and then the attack c+z..

Offline navs41

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2020, 06:00:48 AM »
So, you have a double combination of Ctrl, Alt or Del and probably Shift and another character key available... that sucks

Mind to try emulating CPS2 and attempting a hyper in MvC or equivalent fighting game?

Offline warriorz

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2020, 07:32:57 AM »
So, you have a double combination of Ctrl, Alt or Del and probably Shift and another character key available... that sucks

i can't say it because the combo ctrl + alt + del work also if you don't press them together. Usually the combination works even if you press first: ctrl, then (while it is still pressed) you press: alt and then (while both are pressed) you press: del, so not all 3 at the same time..

Mind to try emulating CPS2 and attempting a hyper in MvC or equivalent fighting game?

what's? explain me better, pls..

Offline navs41

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2020, 05:09:21 PM »
what's? explain me better, pls..

Try a double combination of keys in a emulated CPS-2 game (you could do with other emulated systems, I just chose CPS-2 because of MvC hypers). It will be a very unique situation if double combinations work there. :D

Offline warriorz

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2020, 08:02:09 AM »
Try a double combination of keys in a emulated CPS-2 game (you could do with other emulated systems, I just chose CPS-2 because of MvC hypers). It will be a very unique situation if double combinations work there. :D

OMG.. so:
1) i tried to play a flash games on internet.. there's an attack that need two button together.. and work..
2) i tried to play McV with FB alpha and hyper move doesn't work but "change player" or "helper attack" that need to press Strong Punch and Strong Kick together work so and so (because i see first my P1 do a single attack and then do the combo)

i'm furious!!

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
[1] 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal