collapse

Author Topic: Life cancelled due to CoVid-19 (So how we doing?)  (Read 3121 times)

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:April 27, 2024, 07:01:29 PM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
Life cancelled due to CoVid-19 (So how we doing?)
« on: March 14, 2020, 12:47:18 PM »
Well, my town's heading for lockdown in about 3-4 days or so. How's everyone else handling?

(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline dev.

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 30, 2024, 10:03:07 AM
Re: Life cancelled due to CoVid-19 (So how we doing?)
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2020, 10:37:56 PM »
Same in UK. This is unreal.

Offline C.R.O.M.-Mugen-Ninja

• The One And Only Ninja
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:March 06, 2023, 09:49:01 AM
  • The Ninja is never gone ~
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2020, 08:39:13 AM »
All school, universities and kindergarten are all closed until the 26th of March.
People are asked to remain at home, with little to no movability to other places (outside of groceries).

People are also asked to stay in quarantene without being diagnosed to shorten the risk of infecting others with the potential virus. 14 days is the consensus.

Extra health personell is asked to come forth if they can help.
For many years, Mugen has been a passion to the Ninja, and still today it is. From 09' n' til this day ~

Keep fighting, keep struggling, keep creating, and have fun ~

Offline LoKoLoKo

• Initiate
  • Last Login:April 30, 2024, 09:43:26 PM
  • Por hoje é só pessoal!
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2020, 08:22:18 PM »
In Brazil it is not easy, the population is not aware, thinks that everything is carnival ... The population does not understand the seriousness of the moment. Luckily for me the first confirmed case of Acovid-19 in my city is precisely in the health institution I work for, as a health professional. Take care, take care, wash your hands and avoid taking them to your eyes, mouths and nose, reduce touch and agglomeration. And God save Brazil. :o

Offline MatreroG

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 15, 2024, 09:24:56 AM
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2020, 11:35:16 AM »
This week in Argentina, the government began with restrictive measures for travelers from abroad and discouraged free movement on public roads. In addition to the prohibition of massive events and others.
Initial and secondary level schools suspend classes until March 31.
Personally, I am working from home and new measures are announced every day.
So there is I suppose to be cautious, follow the recommendations of hygiene and health, and endure.

Offline Mistah Jorge

• The cursed one.
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:November 07, 2021, 10:40:48 PM
  • I'm cursed! God f****** dammit!
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2020, 12:51:49 PM »
Most of the youth in portugal went to the beaches as soon as schools started closing.
f**k*** dumbasses!! I wish i could punch every single one of them!! The sheer ignorance is off the roof!!
The fact that we aren't as f**ked as italy yet astounds me.
And people are starting to panic shop, but why toilet paper!? This feels like some kind of prank 4chan does on idiots!

Offline laspacho

• RMM Project Leader
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:April 21, 2024, 07:31:48 PM
  • Robot Master
    • Infinity Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2020, 12:58:43 PM »
The company I work for has all of us working from home for the next two weeks.

Offline Uche_of_IMT

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:Today at 10:25:51 AM
  • The fighting spirit lives in the fans of M.U.G.E.N
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2020, 01:45:38 PM »
Most public areas are being shut down for a time in NY where I live.
92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature.

Offline Mistah Jorge

• The cursed one.
  • RMM Contributor
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2020, 02:11:02 PM »
Same, i've said this, i've heard others saying, this is starting to look like a zombie apocalipse minus the zombie part.
Heard people raiding stores somewhere in here, well... more to the north.
Some people are panicking way too fast.

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 27, 2024, 11:21:03 AM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2020, 03:25:40 PM »
In my state, all public and private events with more than 500 people have been banned. School holidays were brought forward by two weeks (and this was followed by the city hall as well). Cinemas, theaters and museums were closed, some outdoor fairs were closed as well. Some churches are behind closed doors.

Unfortunately, this disease is not taking itself too seriously here, because our own president violated the safety rules on contamination. There was a demonstration in favor of the government scheduled for March 15 and he even asked people not to go, but many people started saying that "the corona virus is false, it is the invention of the mainstream media, it was invented by China so that it could win money "and other nonsense.

You no longer find gel alcohol to buy and masks are running out (instead of letting sick people use it, healthy people are using it).

In my city, I didn't notice a rush to stock up on food or cleaning supplies (elsewhere, people are stocking this up) nor did I notice a lack of products in general, but prices are already more expensive - some items have doubled in value.

Offline O Ilusionista

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2020, 09:23:21 AM »
At least, there is a good news: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/18/japanese-flu-drug-clearly-effective-in-treating-coronavirus-says-china

In my city, I didn't notice a rush to stock up on food or cleaning supplies
Now this changed here and we are already having shortage of some items, like meat :(

Offline Magma MK-II

• Master of Shoot'em Ups
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 09:07:51 AM
  • Every day is night
    • My mugen stuff
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2020, 09:58:00 AM »
What's worse, not only have the prices of gel alcohol skyrocketed (like, 400%), there's also people selling bootleg gel alcohol here.

Offline laspacho

• RMM Project Leader
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Robot Master
    • Infinity Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2020, 10:13:41 AM »
I stocked up a couple days before everyone panicked so I haven't left my house in a week.
From what my family is telling me there's shortages on food, toilet paper and ridiculous lines with people arguing.
So I'm just going to stay home as long as possible.

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2020, 12:46:27 PM »
Called it. my town is offically in mandatory lockdown.

Sad thing is, I work in an office by myself for 4/5 days of the week and there's usually only one other person here when I'm not, so I get to keep going to work.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline supa2520

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 29, 2024, 09:02:43 PM
  • Sprite Artist Reborn
    • supa2520
    • Email
Special status report on Supaman2525
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2020, 11:38:29 PM »

hello everyone its me supaman2525 heres with the Special status report

well its been awhile since we talked and right now i want to talk about a very serious topic and that is.....

yea ever since i watch the news reports and the stories about this Disease now it got my attention
i read the symptoms on everything,and so far my worst nightmare has happen people are dying around the world from this virus,people from everyday lives,celebrities & ppl from the sports have been tested positive,every areas have been on lock down and quarantine from left and right

so now i have a huge confession after witnessing these events for the first time in my life.....i am scared

yea i know i never say those words b4 but thats how im felling now "Scared"
bc i dont know if im gonna be next to catch it but im trying so so hard to be healthy and safe

right now im at the safety of my home with my family,i been getting cleaned every day bc the only way we dont catch it is by stay home,stay cleaned and stay safe. the longer me,my family and everyone else in the world do this then we have a better chance to lived to see tomorrow so far im hoping that this nightmare is over when summer comes and im praying for it so things can be back to normal bc the world will be very hectic when it comes to people bc everyday i tell my family that we are living in this world but the world can be a scary place we have to live each day to the fullest no matter what

well i hope this talk can help i know im living in fear but we are gonna get threw this together

thank you for your time and this is supaman signing off peace!   

« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 01:34:33 PM by supa2520 »

Offline tomgodofchaos

• Last Login:April 30, 2024, 09:25:51 PM
  • Hi! I'm new!!
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2020, 02:10:30 AM »
I'm doing a lot of reading, writing and drawing hope everyone else is staying safe.

Offline ExeLord

• Smirking mage
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:Today at 11:29:32 AM
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2020, 03:26:23 AM »
If you'd knew, guys, how much I hate this manipulative fear pandemic... All my plans went to waste because of it and now governments are searching easy ways to say "it's OK now" after week or so of quarantine as they already done what they needed. Trump backed up his election company, Putin became tzar, with all power in one's hands, Xí Jìnpíng bought all actives he needed cheap. For understanding inflation nature of pandemic - who in their right mind would send buses with dead people right through main street of city like it was done in Italy? Nobody, no governor in his right mind would spread panic like that among citizens, but that was done. In Russia when you call for doctor they are coming masked and in protection coats, and in those coats riding back to hospital in ambulance car. For those, who know - after you visit patients you must burn that coat or seal for disinfection or else you need to disinfect car, which also isn't done. That videos with people falling dead of covid-19 is fake as that doesn't happen because of covid-19, it's coughing to death if anything, not dropping dead.
The effect of masses calling for doctor is same as placebo, but in reverse to "miracle pill" people in fear are finding all symptoms they can on themselves. Also fear reduces immunity greatly improving chances to catch any type of decease.
All statistics shows, that covid-19 never was cause of death. Those death cases are mostly of aged people with bunch of other diseases so they were weakened by them and died the same way as if they did of flu. Death percentage is 1% for covid-19 and it's probability as  you can't really tell was it itself cause of death or in complex with other diseases.
Governments were manipulating statistics - deaths marked as by covid-19 are among statistic error for general everyday deaths by other means.
Some infectionists and medics, professors(there like 12 loud ones in whole world) saying that quarantine and other stuff is grotesque methods not doing any good to people and killing economies, but not many are listening to them. As I said governments(Italy, Germany, etc.) already started to search for solutions of  putting it off as fast as possible and by catholic easter we'll hear that covid-19 is nothing to fear, everything is fine. It's easier to start panic than to stop it. We will live with covid-19 among us as well as we live among thouthands of other viruses and their variations. Science was fighting flu too much and coronavirus just took the empty space for himself.
It's very sad for me to see how easily in this age of internet with all information available people are manipulated in whole world... And my plans go to waste \-/o

Yeah, I know, what I said won't be popular, but please, don't spend energy arguing, just wait month or two and everything will be obvious to all.
What consumer society is?

"Where greyness prevails, the black always take the power." (c) "Its Hard to be God" - brothers Strugatskie.

Offline ELECTRO

• Cosmic Creations
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:April 21, 2024, 03:06:41 PM
  • The Living Dynamo
    • THE-BEY0NDER
    • THE BEY0NDER
    • ELECTRO'S LAIR
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2020, 07:01:51 AM »
I don't usually leave the house so It's not affecting me at all.

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2020, 09:34:34 AM »
It's very sad for me to see how easily in this age of internet with all information available people are manipulated in whole world... And my plans go to waste \-/o

Yeah, I know, what I said won't be popular, but please, don't spend energy arguing, just wait month or two and everything will be obvious to all.

Quite frankly (and with all sincerity), fxxx YOUR plans, fxxx MY plans, fxxx EVERYONE'S plans, fxxx the asshats in charge who didn't take this seriously and are only NOW trying to backpedal it, fxxx non-essential businesses like GAMESTOP forcing their employees to work and risking infection while the 'suits' sit at home on their stacks of cash, fxxx Spring Breakers for spreading this even faster, fxxx Flordia and South Padre Island for not closing their beaches, and fxxx anybody who thinks this isn't a real problem.

This "But what about MY (x)" mentality is the EXACT reason why it's spread as fast and as hard as it has.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline Mistah Jorge

• The cursed one.
  • RMM Contributor
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2020, 12:49:35 PM »
Reporting in:
My vilage situation is still acting civilized, shops aren't getting raided yet and no one's afected AFAIK.
However, things are getting more and more scary in here due to my lazy-butt sister's "visit" two weeks ago who came running from a now dangerous place, the huge risk my father's taking when going to work and the risk i take when going to the store every day (although i'm far from being the only one risking contracting the corona virus).

Feeling very depressed lately as i'm watching how the world's burning (f**k ccp), the complete lack of interaction between family members despite my efforts and the constant attempts of trying to keep the house clean only for my sister's puppy to trash every progress and more way faster.

Offline O Ilusionista

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2020, 08:06:22 PM »
@ExeLord for the love of *insert your God here*, please reach for more information. This "secret plot" talk is totally absurd.

----

I work from home too, so it haven't changed too much for me.

Brazil had an explosion of cases in an expansion curve that would make us worse than Italy and Spain, as we had more deaths than both in less time. But state governors here acted quickly and decreed quarantine in major cities and even entire states.

Our health system did not collapse thanks to these attitudes and we managed to smooth the curve a little. But our president keep saying it's just a flu that is hysteria, a coup to get him out of power.

Our health minister is doing his job, but the president is not. He is influencing people to go out on the streets - he even went out on the streets and everything indicates that he is contaminated, but he refuses to show the exam.

Offline Beto

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 27, 2024, 08:25:49 PM
  • Action!!
    • My Youtube page
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2020, 12:05:57 AM »
Humanity has been there before. There was the black plague, Aids .... All these diseases were threats to our species. Perhaps the Corona virus is more dangerous than the others, because it spreads quickly and can lead to rapid death as well.

My only recommendation is that you don't watch the news. Look for other activities. Sleeping and waking up, hearing the same things about this virus, will not help at all. The media is very toxic.

I hope everyone escapes life

Offline ExeLord

• Smirking mage
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:Today at 11:29:32 AM
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2020, 02:40:46 AM »
Ilu, there's no secret about it. Like read the damn news(especially business ones of who bought what using pandemic as cover)! And if you will, you'll know how in Moscow you can't get out of your home without installing special application called "Social Monitoring", then allow it to access geolocation and make own photo, after that you'll be provided with QR-code to show, without that QR code you'll be immediately arrested. Also all meetings are officially equal to terroristic acts for whole country.

It's similar globally https://www.businessinsider.com/edward-snowden-coronavirus-surveillance-new-powers-2020-3?op=1
Similar, but not as bad, instead of supporting small and mid business in our country there even more taxes and to have deferral of the loan you need to have paper saying you infected with covid-19.

In the year when april fools became official holiday whole humanity became fools.
I'm so f-ing ashamed of humanity that I want the ground to swallow me up. Sadly most people will understand what happened only after hysteria ends, if will at all.
Think what you want of me guys, I'm just sad-sad person disappointed mostly in everything.
What consumer society is?

"Where greyness prevails, the black always take the power." (c) "Its Hard to be God" - brothers Strugatskie.

Offline laspacho

• RMM Project Leader
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Robot Master
    • Infinity Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2020, 09:39:49 AM »
I haven't been out of the house in a few weeks but I'm going to need to head to the store to stock up on food this weekend.  So it will definitely be interesting.

Offline Magma MK-II

• Master of Shoot'em Ups
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 09:07:51 AM
  • Every day is night
    • My mugen stuff
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2020, 04:21:21 PM »
Sorry Exelord dude, but I removed your huge wall of text. This is unnecessary and nobody will read it anyway.

Another thing, this is not the place to talk about politics or conspiracy theories, so please lets keep those out of here.

Offline sky79

• Contributor
  • Last Login:December 19, 2022, 11:31:05 AM
  • Real players and makers share.
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2020, 03:02:58 PM »
I've 10 WIPs 350 to 400 sprites each to make (thats 4,000 sprites)

3 updates in the works

5 stages

and 5 3rd party Transformers prototypes in the works.

I'm not board  :rules:

Keep Mugen Free

Offline laspacho

• RMM Project Leader
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Robot Master
    • Infinity Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2020, 04:53:16 PM »
I had to leave the house for the first time in three weeks to go food shopping.  I wore a mask and gloves.  Hopefully I won't get sick.  Now I'm not going to leave the house for the next month.
I haven't worked on much but I've been playing a bunch of old games and recording it for fun, as of late, to pass the time. 
I also played some Over Watch the other night with some real life friends with the head sets on so that was fun.

If you want to see me play some games feel free to check out my channel.
https://www.youtube.com/laspacho
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 05:44:20 PM by laspacho »

Offline LoKoLoKo

• Initiate
  • Last Login:April 30, 2024, 09:43:26 PM
  • Por hoje é só pessoal!
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2020, 07:58:01 PM »
I was definitely out of work (in the hospital) ... I belong to the risk group. I have no symptoms, but I see the numbers of cases and deaths in my country growing gradually, in an upward curve ... This is very worrying, especially when I hear of cases of animals with covid19. In addition to social isolation, care for the elderly, now our pets can become victims. It's the end of time ...

Offline Kev The Galaxybender

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:November 29, 2022, 03:38:40 PM
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2020, 04:40:25 PM »
In Brazil it is not easy, the population is not aware, thinks that everything is carnival ... The population does not understand the seriousness of the moment. Luckily for me the first confirmed case of Acovid-19 in my city is precisely in the health institution I work for, as a health professional. Take care, take care, wash your hands and avoid taking them to your eyes, mouths and nose, reduce touch and agglomeration. And God save Brazil. :o

man this was foreshadowing at it's finest.

but hey it's a shitshow here in the united states so go murica  <_<|...|

Offline VBISON

• Initiate
  • Last Login:December 13, 2022, 07:55:31 AM
    • V-AIZEN
    • Skype - vincent041481@hotmail.com
    • https://www.facebook.com/VBISON/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel&eid=ARCZKep7kRlw60YPPynwy3bSH76H8-I0f8mnFQ19_qMwgmAPFIvrj8Am2aZFfRYya8s-IGPS_7c1gjZg
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2020, 09:48:54 PM »
Oh man..... sorry to hear that stay strong and be careful!!

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:February 04, 2024, 12:00:37 AM
  • "Why not fight for Earthrealm?"
    • My Creations
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2020, 01:04:25 AM »
Just got called back into work today (to start next week), and I'm seriously considering either calling them back and telling them nevermind (that I quit, essentially), or giving it a 2 week trial run and going from there. If I don't see things I don't like, I give it two weeks, get my last paycheck, and I'm out. I've already put out applications to work from home. Jobs that will keep me either working from home, or in a small office, even after all of this is over.

X-Force Wolverine will still be coming along decently, because I'm told the hours won't be great, and I'm like "Honestly, right now, that's 1000% better than having a lot of hours." I was getting a lot of hours before the pandemic, before and after the holidays, and I really hope that's not the case when I go back.

Hope everyone else is staying safe, and staying inside while you can. Heard from a relative that people are still just walking into stores that have no mask signs, and either they don't care or the store employees don't care (It was Subway).

Idk if this works the same in other countries (I hope it does), but if you're called back to work, make sure you know your rights. You have the right to refuse service, if someone is being disrespectful, not wearing a mask, not observing the guidelines and rules of your area and workplace, etc. You have the right to say, "I will not help you, because you're not wearing a mask (and/or not respecting social distancing guidelines).

Offline shitakimushrooms1990

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:August 17, 2021, 09:18:55 PM
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2020, 09:58:01 PM »
Well to put point blank, I was working in the hotel business but quit due to the fact that a pandemic basically turns people into assholes and my job was quite frankly not caring if we got sick or not. Didn't require us to wear masks (Montana) and that every out of state person was coming in and spreading covid around Montana like it was a common cold so yeah, it's been a bit rough out this way as well.

But how is everyone else doing?

Offline Mistah Jorge

• The cursed one.
  • RMM Contributor
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2020, 01:38:22 PM »
Portugal's seriously considering reopening the schools while trying to use the safety rules and stuff, because stay at home schooling sucked and i definetly agree.
But i don't know guys, it's kids i'm talking about, i'm worried crap's hitting the fan quick.
The new aren't showing promissing signs other than kids and parents agreeing that stay at home school sucked butt.
I don't think we're ready for this.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
[1] 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal