collapse

Author Topic: R.I.P. Desmond "etika" Amofah  (Read 1194 times)

Offline supa2520

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:May 17, 2024, 11:09:40 AM
  • Sprite Artist Reborn
    • supa2520
    • Email
R.I.P. Desmond "etika" Amofah
« on: June 25, 2019, 05:37:47 PM »

Desmond Amofah, a popular YouTuber known as "Etika," has been found dead a week after he went missing, authorities said. He was 29-years-old.

The New York Police Department said Amofah went missing on the night of June 19. Authorities found his body in the East River on Monday after responding to a call about a person floating in the water near South Street Seaport, a department spokesperson told CBS News.

He was unresponsive and EMS pronounced him deceased, the spokesperson said. The investigation is ongoing and a cause of death has not yet been confirmed.

Amofah went missing after posting a video to his channel, TR1Iceman, in which he expresses suicidal thoughts. The video has since been taken down. New York police began searching for him a little more than a day after the 8-minute video was uploaded.

In his final video, Etika could be seen walking the streets of New York. "I'm sorry, y'all," he says. "I shouldn't have pushed so many people away. Now, I've got nobody." 

He goes into some detail about his mental health and suicidal thoughts, as well as the dangers of social media. He apologizes to various people throughout the video, and talks about everything he will miss in the future.

"I'm sorry to those of you who I betrayed," he said. "I'm sorry for leaving such a stained legacy. I hope that my story maybe helps to make YouTube be a better place somehow in the future, to where people know boundaries and limits and how far things should go."

YouTubers shared heartfelt tributes on Twitter following the news of Amofah's death. Many fans also requested that YouTube reinstate his final video, which was taken down for violating community guidelines. YouTube has not responded to CBS News request for comment.

"We mourn the loss of Etika, a beloved member of our gaming creator community," the official YouTube Creators account tweeted. "All of us at YouTube are sending condolences to his loved ones and fans."

suicide is nothing to joke about it really triggers ppl and families alike and it hurts me to the core to hear about ppl taking their own lives if you know anyone with suicidal problems or needed to talk heres the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
 1-800-273-8255

Rest in Peace Etika :(

for more info click here below
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/etika-found-dead-missing-youtuber-desmond-amofah-new-york-tr1iceman-2019-06-25/
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 07:51:42 AM by supa2520 »

Offline GTAguy

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 30, 2024, 06:16:05 AM
Re: R.I.P. Desmond "etika" Amofah
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2019, 06:42:03 PM »
RIP Etika.

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:May 20, 2024, 12:02:38 AM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2019, 10:37:12 AM »
F, been watching Etika since before Brawl came out.

I used to say since I was 12 that I'd never make it to 30, but he actually lived the statement.

FRFX, Joycon Boyz for life.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 20, 2024, 12:28:10 AM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2019, 05:08:58 PM »
truly lost one of the  good ones. I dont know anyone else as honest and raw about how he felt things on youtube.

Joycon Boyz 4 life

R.I.P. Etika

:( :'(

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.