collapse

Author Topic: Mugen on tablet  (Read 1145 times)

Offline dev.

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 30, 2024, 10:03:07 AM
Mugen on tablet
« on: October 24, 2015, 11:26:27 AM »
Hey. So my dad bought me this super awesome tablet that comes with a keyboard. And since mugen is my favorite game, is there a way to play it on the tablet? I tried to transfer it from my laptop, but tablet won't run the mugen.exe. Any ideas?
Hope I'm in the right section.

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
Re: Mugen on tablet
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2015, 01:11:08 PM »
Closest you will get is an app called Paintown. Its got only winmugen built into it and only winmugen characters can be put into it. A certain way you got to install them but so far works.........i hate the dang controls.....sucks azz! Its also got Bor in it too. Thats easier to add content and simple .
http://paintown.org/#/home
Check there cause not sure if google playstore still has the app up on there host.  I done had it for a long time but got rid of it since i the controls were shotty as heck and i dont have or like winmugen content only.

Have fun bro. Its the only one as of now i am aware of and i am always looking. Lol

Offline dev.

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2015, 01:30:48 PM »
This is great. Thanks a lot, Lando, but how do I add characters and stages?

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2015, 01:49:37 PM »
If i am still correct you do it by attaching your tablet to a pc, go into your tablets main root hardrive and there shoukd be folder for it, inside is more folders and you add them like you do in mugen on a pc....of sorts. Some stuff works and other stuff wont. It never got updated since well no access to mugen source code or ability to build any binary ( roughly put )  type coding for it.  You pretty much would have to build your own mugen type engine from scratch ( i got tons of programs ) and build one to run those kinds of content. Like others have done and mugen done as well.

I stick to emulators ,like  ppspp, reicast and ps1 emulator. Those are more stable and run most games i got. I got doa2 on reicast and project justice....runs smooth too. Ppspp i got tekken dark tournament, naruto ultimate ninja impact, bleach heat the soul 7, soul calibur broken destiny, a couple japanese imports fighting games. Ps1 got star gladiators and had bloody roar and toshiden. All run smooth. Ppspp some games you got to toggle some settings to get the fps going well and make sure you don't over clock your tablet. 

It heats up too much you get lag in the games. Ppspp and reicast games seems to drain more ram. But play good once you keep it cool and clean your tablet regularly.  I suggest Clean Master for that. Have it on all my devices.

Try to find winmugen mainky coded content only. Since that is what seems to only run on the app. Some stuff not gonna work and some are. Its trial and error . I think your limited to using just their screenpack , not sure but i havent seen anyone with a custom one yet and it not be a fake.

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2015, 01:52:37 PM »
What kind of tablet you have and how many cores does it have also?

Offline Cyanide

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 29, 2019, 06:52:34 AM
    • Mugen Obscurity
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2015, 06:45:41 PM »
Mugen is a windows executable. It won't run on a tablet that doesn't run the windows OS (ie it needs to be a surface)

It is POSSIBLE that the linux version of mugen will work within android. Although i doubt that. Someone has also managed to make it work in an older version of the Mac OS. This will probably not work on an  ipad at all because apple have locked their OS down so much.

Otherwise emulators or 3rd party products that replicate a bit of mugen functionality are all you've got as mentioned above.

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2015, 07:40:40 PM »
Mugen is a windows executable. It won't run on a tablet that doesn't run the windows OS (ie it needs to be a surface)

It is POSSIBLE that the linux version of mugen will work within android. Although i doubt that. Someone has also managed to make it work in an older version of the Mac OS. This will probably not work on an  ipad at all because apple have locked their OS down so much.

Otherwise emulators or 3rd party products that replicate a bit of mugen functionality are all you've got as mentioned above.

Yes yes yes! Yeah apple got so much lockdown on their os its super restrictive .....some people have tried to overide them but a few of my friends done it and total bricks. Just a paper weight now. 3rd party and emus are pretty much the solid way to go. Paintown is as close to mugen on a phone as i done seen and its pretty stale.

The controls alone will turn you off from it. They work best for the bor games but the winmugen.... nahhhh its trash. Rather stick to pc cause at least i can use a controller and actually play well. Maybe someone will come along like said and make a version that tablets can read  if not actually make a runable readable engine to run mugen style. Pretty much will hope elecbyte make an actual Mugen app so that can be fully functional like Openbor has. I got that one too and runs great.

Dev...try those 3rd party apps man . Worth it. Reicast take and runs cdi and a couple others roms. With those will makemsure your reicast is compatible to run it as some dont and others will.  Ppspp is mainly iso files.  I am havin fun with mines and also if you want more older nostalgia...nab MAME emulator.

Offline dev.

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2015, 11:24:25 AM »
Thank you very much, guys.  :thumbsup: I'll see what I can do.

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2015, 01:19:47 PM »
Thank you very much, guys.  :thumbsup: I'll see what I can do.
No problem bro. If you want some legit good spots to nab so e cool stuff hit me or let me know. If you nab the ppspp i know plenty sound spots to nab the iso files. You get reicast emu....i got 2 solid places i go and works without having to do a lot of  work to get stuff playjng.

Crom Lando Hobo Hookups  :thumbsup: lol

Offline dev.

• Contributor
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2015, 02:28:08 PM »
No problem bro. If you want some legit good spots to nab so e cool stuff hit me or let me know. If you nab the ppspp i know plenty sound spots to nab the iso files. You get reicast emu....i got 2 solid places i go and works without having to do a lot of  work to get stuff playjng.

Crom Lando Hobo Hookups  :thumbsup: lol
English, Lando!  :o

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2015, 02:30:28 PM »
English, Lando!  :o
Hey my english is good !!! Ok i mispell cause my tablet keys suck but.......wait oh you want english version stuff? Lol

Edit: sent you some goodie spots bruh. Its so e others too if you wanna unrar and extract on pc. These spots you can just do on ya tablet usi g the unrar app and put in right spot on tablet and go play with no hassle.  ::salute::
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 03:02:14 PM by C.R.O.M - Hobo Superior Lando! »

Offline dev.

• Contributor
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2015, 02:41:28 AM »
Hey my english is good !!! Ok i mispell cause my tablet keys suck but.......wait oh you want english version stuff? Lol

Edit: sent you some goodie spots bruh. Its so e others too if you wanna unrar and extract on pc. These spots you can just do on ya tablet usi g the unrar app and put in right spot on tablet and go play with no hassle.  ::salute::
I know your english is good, lando, but it seemed like you're talking rocket science lol. And I don't know Jack about programming and sh*t. Lol
Ok thank you for making this more clear lol.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[Today at 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar