collapse

Author Topic: Digital Wizardry (Dead Thread)  (Read 6749 times)

Offline Tundra

• Co-Founder/Former Member of the Infinity Deviants
  • Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:October 25, 2022, 06:44:52 PM
  • SHEESH!!!
    • Wavy_Lamborghini
    • Email
Re: Digital Wizardry - A Darkgargos Workshop
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2015, 09:12:46 AM »
 ::salute::The Legendary DG is back!!!

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 27, 2024, 11:59:10 PM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2015, 01:10:11 PM »

New Street Fighter logo wallpaper added!  ;)

Sorry for my sparse activity, but I'm neck deep in my painting studies right now. Hope you all understand.

=D>

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline Darkgargos

• Last Login:October 10, 2017, 12:10:54 PM
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2015, 09:49:30 PM »
::salute::The Legendary DG is back!!!

Hey, long time no see! It's funny seeing all these people come out of the woodwork to say hi and still remember me. If my former team showed up that would slay me  :P I'm not sure if legendary fits me since I'm actually not well known at all, but I at least try to live up to the quality standards I set for myself with each new work I do. I have slacked off for so long and let my skills go bad and that hurt. But anyway, thanks for dropping by  :)

=D>

Glad you like that wallpaper, it's simple but effective I think.

Once again I want to apologize to everyone for my inactivity, I'm just so focused on my painting/illustration studies and practices right now. It's my priority and more important than graphics and pixel stuff. There is also the fact that since Infinity isn't the active place it used to be and that there really is no friendly competitive stuff like "The Deviants vs. Team Demon" anymore it just kind of kills motivation to be here. It's why I moved to Deviantart and have since made that my main place to do my thing.

There is still the possibility that I may retire from graphics and pixel stuff entirely once I move into painting/illustration full time which is kind of already starting to be honest. I have for the most part found what I really want to do and I want to put all my focus on that instead of dividing it between other stuff which hinders my improvement.

So all in all, if that happens and I end up disappearing again then I truly apologize, but you can always find me over at Deviantart which you should probably bookmark and possibly sign up and add me to your watch list if you want to follow me and get in touch with me and whatnot. I love Infinity and all and it's been great fun here in the past, but every time I return I realize that things have changed too much and that it will never be the same as it was when I was part of "Team Demon".

Anyway, sorry for all that, just wanted to makes things clear about what's up and where things may be headed.  ;)

Offline TGM

• Yours truly
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 26, 2022, 03:46:39 AM
  • Knowledge is power but enthusiasm pulls the switch
    • starrich55
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2016, 09:19:10 PM »
Long time to talk sir gargos  8) can you give me a few tips for making a bada$$ text effects ? I'm having a little trouble of matching character's perception ever since I saw your work I've always wanted to achieve my efforts to the max.  :w00t:

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2016, 11:40:02 PM »
Long time to talk sir gargos  8) can you give me a few tips for making a bada$$ text effects ? I'm having a little trouble of matching character's perception ever since I saw your work I've always wanted to achieve my efforts to the max.  :w00t:

Hey man, it certainly has been a long time. Heck, the last time I logged in here was July of last year. I should really keep in touch with Infinity folk more.

Now about your question, that's a tough one since I need a bit more context as to what it is you are trying to achieve. I don't consider myself a master of text and I haven't worked with that stuff in a long time. I do appreciate you asking me though and that I have given you inspiration with my work. But yeah, some more info would help me know what you are trying to do. There are tons of text tutorials on the net to learn from though so give those a shot too, just google them and you will find plenty.

Oh and to everyone....hi guys, DG is in the house..again! If anyone is curious about what has been up with me, just check my Deviantart as I put up a recent Journal entry that explains things.

Offline TGM

• Yours truly
  • Infinity Regular
    • starrich55
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2016, 12:07:08 AM »
Hey man, it certainly has been a long time. Heck, the last time I logged in here was July of last year. I should really keep in touch with Infinity folk more.

Now about your question, that's a tough one since I need a bit more context as to what it is you are trying to achieve. I don't consider myself a master of text and I haven't worked with that stuff in a long time. I do appreciate you asking me though and that I have given you inspiration with my work. But yeah, some more info would help me know what you are trying to do. There are tons of text tutorials on the net to learn from though so give those a shot too, just google them and you will find plenty.

Oh and to everyone....hi guys, DG is in the house..again! If anyone is curious about what has been up with me, just check my Deviantart as I put up a recent Journal entry that explains things.

lol understandable Like for instance, Capcom's font is in Korinna style and would love it if I can learn some way to make it as a IMT logo hope this explicit of what I'm trying to accomplish.

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2016, 12:13:33 AM »

lol understandable Like for instance, Capcom's font is in Korinna style and would love it if I can learn some way to make it as a IMT logo hope this explicit of what I'm trying to accomplish.

You mean like "THE" IMT logo or something else? Sorry, I'm still trying to get what it is you are going for here. Maybe posting something that looks like what you are trying for may help...visuals help better sometimes.

Offline TGM

• Yours truly
  • Infinity Regular
    • starrich55
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2016, 12:30:43 AM »
You mean like "THE" IMT logo or something else? Sorry, I'm still trying to get what it is you are going for here. Maybe posting something that looks like what you are trying for may help...visuals help better sometimes.

This forum was some what informative but it was obscure for me to comprehend of what I'm stating for this subject

http://www.gimptalk.com/index.php?/topic/40147-capcom-logo/

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2016, 12:41:19 AM »

This forum was some what informative but it was obscure for me to comprehend of what I'm stating for this subject

http://www.gimptalk.com/index.php?/topic/40147-capcom-logo/

Unfortunately there is no image for me to see what the context was, but I assume it was "THE" Capcom logo he was trying to replicate. They kind of already explain it to him. Though I never have used Gimp so I wouldn't know how to do anything in that particular program.

The thing is, the best advise I can give you is to look up tutorials as that is how I learned, along with just messing around with all the options available to me in Photoshop. In the end it really comes down to just knowing how to use your program/software of choice, then once you know the tools and how they work, things will start to fall into place.

Offline TGM

• Yours truly
  • Infinity Regular
    • starrich55
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2016, 01:13:24 AM »
Unfortunately there is no image for me to see what the context was, but I assume it was "THE" Capcom logo he was trying to replicate. They kind of already explain it to him. Though I never have used Gimp so I wouldn't know how to do anything in that particular program.

The thing is, the best advise I can give you is to look up tutorials as that is how I learned, along with just messing around with all the options available to me in Photoshop. In the end it really comes down to just knowing how to use your program/software of choice, then once you know the tools and how they work, things will start to fall into place.

interesting I'll give it a shot thanks for your time  ::salute::

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2016, 01:22:00 AM »
interesting I'll give it a shot thanks for your time  ::salute::

No problem, wish I could have been more help though. I will say however that if you were just trying to make it look like the Capcom logo then you just type it out and trace around it with the pen tool or lasso tool or some equivalent in whatever program you use to make the border. You would want to make sure to do that on a separate layer and then fill or paint in that with a color or gradient. But I have never been good at teaching these things as I am at actually doing them. It's all about knowledge of the tools and how they relate to whatever it is you want to do. Study, practice and learn...you can only improve from there  ;)

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2016, 06:00:45 PM »

Important News!

Alright folks, this is going to be hard for me to say. I know that I had a recent journal entry on my Deviantart page that explained what was going on and somewhat of what the plan was, but it looks like that is going to change. I'm not sure if any of you keep up with what has been going on with Deviantart, but they have been going downhill for some time now. So much staff have been laid off and the owners just don't care about the site or community anymore. There is also rumors of possible buyout or the site just slowly dying off. The place is rampant with furry, pron and just plain god awful art in general. Not that my art is that good either, so maybe I shouldn't talk much.

Along with other things such as a price hike of Core membership and adding more useless junk rather than fixing bugs and stuff, it just seems to becoming a place I don't want to associate with anymore. In many ways it's become like Facebook which I hate. I also have my own personal reasons of which I won't get into, but suffice it to say it looks like I may be leaving DA for good. I still haven't decided on whether or not I will delete my account, but I'm not proud of most of it anyway so it's no loss to me, but I'm sure others will be upset.

So that brings me to where I am now, I left Infinity for a long time and only came back now and then because of my DA stuff. I also don't have Team Demon anymore and that just made me not want to bother with Infinity either. But, now that I will be free from DA and such it looks like I may be returning here to Infinity and just going right back to what I was doing before. I already got this thread setup, but it needs some changes and work done on it. I'm thinking something more in the true spirit of Team Demon in tribute to my good friend Akeme who is now no longer among us (God bless his soul). I still need to figure it all out, but it's all good.

I may still need a site for my illustration so that will need to get solved in the future, but I'm not ready to start sharing that stuff yet. My digital painting/illustration will be kept private for the time being. This thread is all about my graphics and that is what you guys know me for and so that is what you will get.

So yeah, your favorite Graphics Demon "DG" has returned to the fray or will once I figure out everything. I do miss doing my thing here and now that I won't have DA to deal with I can focus on you guys here once again..like the good ole days  ;)

If you guys have suggestions or ideas or just want to discuss all this in here it's all good with me, you are all welcome to hangout and chill in here.

Offline ExeLord

• Smirking mage
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:March 22, 2024, 09:24:48 AM
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2016, 03:33:33 AM »
Don't know what became last drop for you, but I also stopped even visiting DA, feels like trash can now with completely unneeded social features. I had people I watched there, but even that not holding me now. If they needed social stuff, would be better to buy and integrate site(or develop own analog) where multiple people can draw on-line cooperating, forgot what was it called, but great co-op for artists and cool to watch process of drawing and chat with artists...
So right, rant aside, now you hopped back on board, have a smooth sail with us :Wink
What consumer society is?

"Where greyness prevails, the black always take the power." (c) "Its Hard to be God" - brothers Strugatskie.

Offline TGM

• Yours truly
  • Infinity Regular
    • starrich55
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2016, 04:52:48 AM »
Sir Gargos if I may, The infinity will always nurture and reconcile of your greatest achievements for this group to a newer perception but my main point was don't stop of what you love, feel, make, and aspire.. be you 8)

Offline sky79

• Contributor
  • Last Login:December 19, 2022, 11:31:05 AM
  • Real players and makers share.
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2016, 12:27:38 PM »

I vote we add this to the emocons
Keep Mugen Free

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2016, 04:11:28 PM »
Don't know what became last drop for you, but I also stopped even visiting DA, feels like trash can now with completely unneeded social features. I had people I watched there, but even that not holding me now. If they needed social stuff, would be better to buy and integrate site(or develop own analog) where multiple people can draw on-line cooperating, forgot what was it called, but great co-op for artists and cool to watch process of drawing and chat with artists...
So right, rant aside, now you hopped back on board, have a smooth sail with us :Wink

The truth is is that I have been wanting to leave DA for some time now. I guess I just felt now is the time to do so. Yeah, the site does feel trashy now with all the Facebook like additions. People have been leaving including staff, even most of the founders left a long time ago. It seems the community is very unhappy with the site, except the white knights of course. I just see DA getting worse and not worth my time. I mean if you want to get your work seen then DA is the place, but that is mostly only going to be of use if you want a job or something and I only do this as a hobby.

The place just seems less focused on actual art now and that doesn't sit well with me. There are not many other alternatives to DA though so leaving gimps me quite a bit. But I think I just need to get away from that place and just think on things for a while. I wish Infinity was still highly active like it used to be...this place was a madhouse once, but it was also drama filled.

Sir Gargos if I may, The infinity will always nurture and reconcile of your greatest achievements for this group to a newer perception but my main point was don't stop of what you love, feel, make, and aspire.. be you 8)

Thanks, I know Infinity has always welcomed me and been good to me over the years and sometimes I feel like I betrayed this place and for that I'm sorry. I've been with Infinity for a good long time and I should really stick around and support the place that got me started.

I vote we add this to the emocons

Haha, yeah I do like these titles I made, though you would have to shrink it down a lot to make a emoticon out of it and I'm not sure if it would work out. I may be replacing all these with newer designed titles though.

Anyway, thanks for the support guys. I still have all of my DA stuff backed up so I may just move and add things to the thread here so that it's not all lost if I delete my DA account. Man, sometimes I wish I had my own section so that I had space to organize all this stuff, can only add so much to the first post. I'll figure all of this out somehow though. I'm probably also not going to post work at the same pace that I used to. I want to avoid burnout and frustration which I tend to fall victim to.

I also have not decided if I will be taking requests or not, may wait till I'm comfortable enough to get back into that as it tends to burn me out quick. I may or may not build a new Team Demon, out of respect to my friend Akeme I feel that there is only one "Team Demon" and it just wouldn't be right to make a new team without him. I do pretty well on my own and have made a name for myself here, though to be fair most of those that remember me are not with Infinity anymore. Guess it's time to build a new fan base, it's like starting fresh again.

Anyway, I'm still open to ideas and suggestions so please feel free to say what is on your minds and whatnot. Let's see where this ride takes us  ;)

Offline TGM

• Yours truly
  • Infinity Regular
    • starrich55
« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2016, 11:20:07 PM »

Thanks, I know Infinity has always welcomed me and been good to me over the years and sometimes I feel like I betrayed this place and for that I'm sorry. I've been with Infinity for a good long time and I should really stick around and support the place that got me started.

Never qualm to yourself my friend I myself made terrible choices when I became an infinity especially when some have overwhelmed me (Boy it sucks  *Iceman ThumbsDown!*) But I did not waive though after practice and practice of designing shield avatars I come to realize that I have a specialty to formulate these remarkable shapes that I can nurture this group. Like I said never feel down.. always look up at the sun that brightens your day. 

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2016, 11:30:08 PM »

Never qualm to yourself my friend I myself made terrible choices when I became an infinity especially when some have overwhelmed me (Boy it sucks  *Iceman ThumbsDown!*) But I did not waive though after practice and practice of designing shield avatars I come to realize that I have a specialty to formulate these remarkable shapes that I can nurture this group. Like I said never feel down.. always look up at the sun that brightens your day. 

Thanks, I agree with you that I should not let anything get me down. Regardless of change or whatever I just need to stay vigilant. DA was nice for a while to use, but I need to move on from it. I've had my bad times here at Infinity too...don't think we are gonna touch that point though, best to let it go.

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
Re: Digital Wizardry - A GFX Workshop
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2016, 07:38:30 PM »

Okie dokie, seems I have stayed away from my thread too long and I need to get back in here and get things rolling. First off, I have deleted my Deviantart account. It's gone and everything with it...I know it sounds extreme, but the current state of it was useless to me. Even if I wanted to continue using DA, I would have preferred to start over from scratch anyway. I don't want my portfolio to be about graphics and sprites and that is all people saw me for and ignored my illustrations. I also felt my illustration work was not good enough to garner enough attention so I'm going back to the drawing board so to speak and will just continue to work and plan in private on that front.

Now to the matter at hand, my graphics which is what this thread is about. I'm already going through my stuff and uploading to my image host so that they can be added to the first post. I'm not going to add everything I had on DA, just the good stuff as there is a limit to how much can be added in one post...which is a shame. I have also removed my sprites as that is not what this thread is about and I have quit doing sprites anyway as it is not my forte.

So yeah, let me get things organized and then hopefully we can get this ride going again. Oh and here is a new signature, don't want to leave you all empty handed  ;)

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2016, 10:46:47 PM »
Loving that Sig bruh! Digging the vibe and deep flow.  ^:)^

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2016, 10:51:53 PM »
Loving that Sig bruh! Digging the vibe and deep flow.  ^:)^

Thanks man, it's good to know I still got it as I often worry if I can still produce stuff at a good enough quality. I really haven't been doing this sort of thing for a long time.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

SPIDER-VERSE THE AMAZING MUGENSTORY©EPISODE 10 "THE OTHERVERSE" 1080P BY REB3LTV by Rage
[March 27, 2024, 02:44:21 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[March 24, 2024, 11:09:37 AM]

Tree Of Erebus Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[March 22, 2024, 08:13:48 AM]

.Batzarro's. Sprite Edits by MatreroG
[March 20, 2024, 07:58:08 AM]

World Heroes 2 Shura Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[March 19, 2024, 12:44:28 PM]

MOVED: Prepare your ****! ***** Soldier gets his **** ready in MUGEN! by Rage
[March 18, 2024, 11:08:23 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista