collapse

Author Topic: Another take on Nintendo  (Read 854 times)

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 13, 2024, 11:35:44 AM
  • The trend setter
Another take on Nintendo
« on: March 31, 2014, 07:22:15 AM »
Part 1

Part 2 (Original Post)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 03:36:28 PM by G Lux »

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline patz2509

• Initiate
  • Last Login:December 15, 2019, 11:23:16 AM
Re: Another take on Nintendo
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 01:22:47 PM »
sad but true  ^^(PM)^

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:May 14, 2024, 03:10:11 AM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 04:00:15 PM »
ppff, I've been preaching this for years.

I'm just glad that someone with some actual influence (however big or small it may be), is actually saying something about it.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline PR_1030

• Initiate
  • Last Login:April 17, 2016, 11:45:23 AM
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 04:50:31 AM »
That was so entertaining. I love those analysis shows like Game Theory and Death Battle. As a Nintenerd, I always felt a bit sad knowing that people started hating Nintendo, but that video somehow made me feel a bit better knowing that it's not entirely Nintendo to blame.

Offline Twinimage

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 06, 2020, 01:45:48 PM
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2014, 10:13:51 PM »
Quite insightful. I like what he said. Gamers don't know what they want and they will always buy more of the same games they've played since they were kids. I think that's a key to what gamers will buy. If it reminds them of their childhood, they're more likely to buy it, thus so many HD remixes.

I haven't always been happy with Nintendo's hardware choices, especially their controllers. But I have grown very sick of websites posting articles saying how the Wii U is going to bomb. Wii U is going to do well. Just give it time and some more big Nintendo titles.

People are huge doubters now a days. Right away they fear something isn't going to work out and they abandon it. Any hate towards Nintendo is just cause they are always going against the tide. I don't always like their decisions, but Nintendo has been around for a long time. They know what they are doing. They have a long, prosperous future ahead of them.

Like the dude said in the video:
Nintendo = Create brand new gaming experience for everyone
Other consoles = Appease gamers with more realistic graphics and endless sequels to the popular franchises

Offline Blue ivy

• Last Login:May 07, 2020, 08:19:01 AM
  • Blue Ivy's Official Account
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2014, 11:03:02 AM »
Funny thing is thats true ppl really dont care for innervative games like that anymore. I love playing old games for ps2 and gamecube and etc because I heard they were hidden gems and great games. My brother is always like damn you stay playing these boring games when we have "insert popular title".

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:May 14, 2024, 03:10:11 AM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2014, 03:35:28 PM »
...I haven't always been happy with Nintendo's hardware choices, especially their controllers. But I have grown very sick of websites posting articles saying how the Wii U is going to bomb. Wii U is going to do well. Just give it time and some more big Nintendo titles...

I unfortunately have to agree with the people on the consent that the Wii U is a failure and has already bombed.

Part 1 of the above video puts it very clear into perspective. Rage, I'm hijacking the thread a bit to include the part 1 discussion so that everybody can see both sides of this coin.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 13, 2024, 11:35:44 AM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2014, 04:16:39 PM »
I unfortunately have to agree with the people on the consent that the Wii U is a failure and has already bombed.

Part 1 of the above video puts it very clear into perspective. Rage, I'm hijacking the thread a bit to include the part 1 discussion so that everybody can see both sides of this coin.

^^(PM)^

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline PR_1030

• Initiate
  • Last Login:April 17, 2016, 11:45:23 AM
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2014, 03:31:01 AM »

I dunno, man. I have to agree with twin image.People just have to wait. Why don't we wait for the games that actually sell systems? Mario Kart 8? Super Smash Bros. 4? Patience is a virtue, isn't it?

Offline Danoartist

• Initiate
  • Last Login:December 23, 2022, 11:58:55 PM
  • I have the power.
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2014, 04:03:18 AM »
Man, I have been a lifelong gamer have the virtual boy and love it still. Maybe it's because I got it as it was going out the door but I feel this guy was too harsh in condemning the system. First, there was a an outlet adaptor for virtual boy you don't have to worry about batteries unless you take it to go which my brother and I did on one trip when we were young. My brother didn't always like playing it while the car was moving, he stuck it out enough to annoy me waiting for my turn!

If there are only twelve games the we have about half of them. The Wario game was bundled with the system, if you ask me it was a great game and was definitely a big contributor to the characters popularity. I spent hours playing a bowling and Mario Tennis games but the two that I remember taking the most advantage of the 3-D effects were Red Alert and Mario Tower(?). While Red Alert did have the wire frame look it had a great effect of flying a space ship. The Mario Tower game was like old school Atari Mario Bros. you minus the Super, though instead of just bumping the two floors under the creatures you warp further back and get like a cubed space really taking advantage of the depth element.

So I feel like gamers today are a little too picky, I mean that dude mentions how they rehash Assassins Creed, Assasins Creed is such a new franchise it was not worth using as an example. He should have used Castlevania or Final Fantasy as an example because those games got their start with Nintendo and felt they had to jump systems to keep up with the direction they wanted to go in. But what do I know I have played the Philips console(Oddworld believe it or not) and my brother also got that Tiger N-Zone when we were kids(this is crap).

I like to think of myself as a life long gamer, I just hate it when "reviewers" make videos that are so one sided and that's that because it's the internet. He had some good facts but he should have kept his mouth shut. It wasn't necessary and Nintendo has always been the one taking risks finding fun new ways for US to play games let them do there thing they've been at it longer than anyone they'll figure it out!

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 15, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar