collapse

Author Topic: XBox One Reveal  (Read 5373 times)

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 26, 2024, 02:34:14 PM
Re: XBox One Reveal
« Reply #75 on: June 19, 2013, 08:01:26 PM »
At least Xbox One will actually be competitors to the PS4 again. All it's missing is being backward compatible now without needing to dish out another $100 - 150.

We stopped checking for monsters under our bed when we realized they were inside of us.
(click to show/hide)

Offline overlordnick

• Winner of Round 2/3/7/8/12 in Last Person To Post Wins!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:July 05, 2016, 05:28:34 AM
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: June 19, 2013, 08:10:04 PM »
Im pretty sure all they truly care about is the consumers' wallet and nothing more.

i'm 90% sure that describes every corporation to ever exist
You know they're scraping the bottom of the barrel when they make me a mod

Offline Darkflare

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:July 02, 2017, 05:47:31 PM
    • DarkflareEX

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #78 on: June 19, 2013, 08:15:41 PM »
At least Xbox One will actually be competitors to the PS4 again. All it's missing is being backward compatible now without needing to dish out another $100 - 150.
Doesn't the PS4 lack backwards compatibility as well?

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #79 on: June 19, 2013, 08:19:32 PM »
Doesn't the PS4 lack backwards compatibility as well?
Does it.? Well, that sucks. Oh well..

We stopped checking for monsters under our bed when we realized they were inside of us.
(click to show/hide)

Offline overlordnick

• Winner of Round 2/3/7/8/12 in Last Person To Post Wins!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:July 05, 2016, 05:28:34 AM
    • Email
« Reply #80 on: June 19, 2013, 08:25:59 PM »
backwards compatibility for playstation hasn't been announced, but I can tell you I wont have it

here's something to think about, why could a Nintendo ds play gba games, because it had 2 separate consoles in the box
You know they're scraping the bottom of the barrel when they make me a mod

Offline Silva-silva

• Shadaloo's Overlord
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 26, 2019, 11:39:32 PM
  • Sono kubi... ka kiru
    • Email

"Are you a man who likes to beat their wife? Then head on over to Topeka Kansas, because it's now legal there." - Fox news

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!

Offline Silva-silva

• Shadaloo's Overlord
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 26, 2019, 11:39:32 PM
  • Sono kubi... ka kiru
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: June 19, 2013, 09:29:46 PM »
So I was half right?

Y'know I misread your post. I thought you said it HAD backwards compatibility...... oops my bad.

"Are you a man who likes to beat their wife? Then head on over to Topeka Kansas, because it's now legal there." - Fox news

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #84 on: June 19, 2013, 10:02:23 PM »
Y'know I misread your post. I thought you said it HAD backwards compatibility...... oops my bad.
No problem  :cool

Offline Twinimage

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 06, 2020, 01:45:48 PM
« Reply #85 on: June 20, 2013, 10:35:45 AM »
http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update

Took you long enough xbox.

Oh my gosh!!! I didn't think they'd actually do it!
IF this is really true, I am SO glad Microsoft is coming to their senses.

Now all they need to do is create a cheaper version that isn't an "all in one entertainment center" and just plays video games. :P
I feel much better about Xbox One. The major issues are resolved so far.

I wonder if there will be a catch, like the games maybe more expensive or something. Only time will tell.

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Section Moderator
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #86 on: June 20, 2013, 11:40:34 AM »
but still....

the Xbox one will only require a one-time Internet setup with the new console

i mean thats minor compared to the major annoying changes they did but it will still kinda suck if you dont have the internet period at that point in your home......

Best quick fix is to go to a friends home or family home and get it done off their internet for that one time set up lmao :P

anyway...

GameStop said they no longer accept pre-orders of launch-day Xbox One consoles, launch day allocation has reached its cap. Polygon reported that each store will have approximately 15 Xbox One consoles, but they have significantly more PS4 at launch, there are around 60 units per store, and they are still accepting preorders of PS4.
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Twinimage

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 06, 2020, 01:45:48 PM
« Reply #87 on: June 20, 2013, 11:49:22 AM »
Will I be able to use my gamertag from 360 for Xbox One? I don't remember hearing much about if Xbox LIVE/LIVE Marketplace will be very different from 360 or not.

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: June 20, 2013, 12:30:35 PM »
THANK THE LAWD THEY LISTENED!  :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

WHEEW!  #:-S cause i was mad praying they change all those retarded ideas for they made no consumer sense at all.  sales would be in the toilet.  So now we just need what Twin suggested...a cheaper version .  ;D
Now i dont mind giving up some cash this year fopr the system but first...i got to see what other fighting games will be on it. If this thing does a super surprise and have a Backwards feature then its a total win....wont hold my breath for that tho. lol.  just a dream.   :-j

I still want a PS4 tho but right now....i just want to see what all the games really gonna look like graphics wise that will be farther superior to the current consoles  cause if it looks like these ones can do the same thing...then no need to be rushing to buy any of them for me till i see the hardware being taken advantage of more seriously.  I give them an extra year to see what kicks out after release. :thumbsup:

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #89 on: June 20, 2013, 12:52:41 PM »
Will I be able to use my gamertag from 360 for Xbox One? I don't remember hearing much about if Xbox LIVE/LIVE Marketplace will be very different from 360 or not.

i believe you can since the rep on the stage at E3 spoke on you can still carry over your gold membership account from xbox live period.

THANK THE LAWD THEY LISTENED!  :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

WHEEW!  #:-S cause i was mad praying they change all those retarded ideas for they made no consumer sense at all.  sales would be in the toilet.  So now we just need what Twin suggested...a cheaper version .  ;D
Now i dont mind giving up some cash this year fopr the system but first...i got to see what other fighting games will be on it. If this thing does a super surprise and have a Backwards feature then its a total win....wont hold my breath for that tho. lol.  just a dream.   :-j

I still want a PS4 tho but right now....i just want to see what all the games really gonna look like graphics wise that will be farther superior to the current consoles  cause if it looks like these ones can do the same thing...then no need to be rushing to buy any of them for me till i see the hardware being taken advantage of more seriously.  I give them an extra year to see what kicks out after release. :thumbsup:

yeh its looking like ill have both systems for sure now. but like i said before im gonna wait anyway lol not trying to run into some new GREEN or BLUE red lights of death er whatever lol

HAIL CROM!!

Offline eg6gsr

• Contributor
  • Last Login:February 26, 2024, 03:24:12 AM
  • my first love
    • Email
« Reply #90 on: June 20, 2013, 02:22:36 PM »
Haha the internet wins, but here are the drawbacks to use winning which I could care less about

-“One of the things we were very excited about was ‘wherever we go my games are always with me.’ Now, of course your physical games won’t show up that way. The games you bought digitally will. You’ll have to bring your discs with you to have your games with you.”

- "Similarly, the sharing library [is something] we won’t be able to deliver at launch which offers to let you share games with up to nine other “family” members is gone too."

As I said I could care less about that. Like Twinimage hinted at I think Microsoft would be doing themselves a favor if they made a version that already had this patch and dropped the Kinect and charged $399 for it but seeing what they have done has given me a reason to want the xbox one again.  OUR voices/wallets have spoken
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 02:29:08 PM by eg6gsr »

my new one

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #91 on: June 20, 2013, 02:26:55 PM »

As I said I could care less about that. Like Twinimage hinted at I think Microsoft would be doing themselves a favor if they made a version that already had this patch and dropped the Kinect and charged $399 for it but seeing what they have done has given me a reason to want the xbox one again.  OUR voices/wallets have spoken

^^(PM)^

HAIL CROM!!

Offline eg6gsr

• Contributor
  • my first love
    • Email
« Reply #92 on: June 20, 2013, 02:33:51 PM »
"As I said I could care less about that. Like Twinimage hinted at I think Microsoft would be doing themselves a favor if they made a version that already had this patch and dropped the Kinect and charged $399 for it but seeing what they have done has given me a reason to want the xbox one again.  OUR voices/wallets have spoken"

Well with some more digging I've found that we no longer need the Kinect for the xbox one to run either, so Mircosoft really should have no problem making what I would like to call the "xbox one gaming edition" and charging $399.

Come on Microsoft you have already won back a lot of fans so if you make this move you will have won the console wars yet again.

my new one

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: June 20, 2013, 02:55:30 PM »
"As I said I could care less about that. Like Twinimage hinted at I think Microsoft would be doing themselves a favor if they made a version that already had this patch and dropped the Kinect and charged $399 for it but seeing what they have done has given me a reason to want the xbox one again.  OUR voices/wallets have spoken"

Well with some more digging I've found that we no longer need the Kinect for the xbox one to run either, so Mircosoft really should have no problem making what I would like to call the "xbox one gaming edition" and charging $399.

Come on Microsoft you have already won back a lot of fans so if you make this move you will have won the console wars yet again.

Ok, so now we've come full circle when you drop the kinect. Then you have two consoles, same price, but the competitors hardware is obviously better. This is probably where Microsfot started and they hard to find a way to compete, which is the all-in-one home entertainment system. Right now, even without a kinect, I'd buy a PS4 anyways because it's a better system.

Offline eg6gsr

• Contributor
  • my first love
    • Email
« Reply #94 on: June 20, 2013, 03:19:41 PM »
Ok, so now we've come full circle when you drop the kinect. Then you have two consoles, same price, but the competitors hardware is obviously better. This is probably where Microsfot started and they hard to find a way to compete, which is the all-in-one home entertainment system. Right now, even without a kinect, I'd buy a PS4 anyways because it's a better system.

That's pretty much what's happening anyway. The only reason they have to charge the extra $100 is because of the kinect that has/had to be bundled with the xbox one and seeing as we now have the ability(after you get the patch) to turn it completely off I don't see a need for it or to have that $499 price.

Like you said you would still get the PS4 over the Xbox one which people are going to do anyway but if MS did make this option it would at least make the non hardcore gamer think twice about just pick up a PS4 because it was $100 dollars cheaper.

my new one

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #95 on: June 20, 2013, 07:38:34 PM »

Where did you read this.? I can't find anywhere saying they dropped the Kinect requirement.

(click to show/hide)

Offline eg6gsr

• Contributor
  • my first love
    • Email
« Reply #96 on: June 20, 2013, 08:57:53 PM »
Where did you read this.? I can't find anywhere saying they dropped the Kinect requirement.

They haven't dropped the Kinect but they do have it to where we can turn it completely off to the point where it does nothing even with the xbox one on which is why I think they should drop it for a second cheaper console while still having the bundled xbox one with the kinect.

my new one

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #97 on: June 20, 2013, 09:31:21 PM »
Did you find an article online saying this, though.? Could you link me to it.?

(click to show/hide)

Offline Thaknight33

• Initiate
  • Last Login:January 04, 2015, 08:54:58 PM
« Reply #98 on: June 20, 2013, 10:36:42 PM »
Playstation will rule once again. All it needs now is better exclusives.

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #99 on: June 21, 2013, 01:27:58 AM »
All it needs now is better exclusives.

:thumbsup:

HAIL CROM!!

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[Today at 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar