collapse

Author Topic: XBox One Reveal  (Read 5314 times)

Offline Darkflare

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:July 02, 2017, 05:47:31 PM
    • DarkflareEX
Re: XBox One Reveal
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2013, 08:20:01 PM »
So....basically just a PC in a box...I already got one of those  :P Sure wish companies would ditch all this motion control stuff, no more gimmicks please.

There's nothing wrong with Motion controls. It's just that only certain developers know how to use it properly.

Ability to sell/trade your games
http://kotaku.com/you-will-be-able-to-trade-xbox-one-games-online-micros-509140825
Need to connect online at least every 24 hours to use
http://kotaku.com/xbox-one-does-require-internet-connection-cant-play-o-509164109
HDD is non replaceable but can use external drives
http://www.engadget.com/2013/05/21/xbox-one-hard-drive/

God damn Microsoft, are you guys even trying now?

Offline Darkgargos

• Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:October 10, 2017, 12:10:54 PM
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2013, 08:24:42 PM »
I'm just against the whole motion control gimmick, I prefer to hold a gamepad or use my mouse and keyboard. I'm just traditional in that sense.

Offline trexrell44

• Student of the Game
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:February 22, 2020, 09:06:21 PM
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2013, 01:51:53 AM »
I'm having a great time reading about this. This stuff is sooo funny its like a big april fools joke. Trade your games online? Yeah right Microsoft getting a piece of your "profit".  LOL some games you can't even play offline thats crazy. No backwards compatibility = Xbox marketplace classics. I read somewhere that "Its the new age of video games". My response to that .... only if your a zombie. Lets be serious the consumer rules the market. These companies want our money but in the long run they have to earn it. I don't know how many xbox you guys have been through but I have bought too many and only one ps3. I don't think thats earning this degree of trust that they want us to have. I'm hoping no one buys this crap so they can reform and get it right. Besides too many great titles coming out this holiday that may overpower this blunder anyway.

CENTER]

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 28, 2024, 10:32:37 AM
  • If you see this, I'm alive!
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2013, 08:25:00 AM »
I have always believed Playstation > XBOX

and I was right...

All Playstation has to do...is not make the mistakes Microsoft has done...
(click to show/hide)
zzz...I'm top tier...screw you Doom and Wesker...zzz

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 27, 2024, 11:21:03 AM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2013, 09:28:13 AM »
its UGLY AS HELL. Its like a Foreman's Grill :)
Come on, Microsoft, you can do better. At least, the design sucks. Dunno about the console per se.

Offline Magma MK-II

• Master of Shoot'em Ups
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 09:07:51 AM
  • Every day is night
    • My mugen stuff
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2013, 11:07:12 AM »
It seems they forgot why those things are called "Video Games".

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2013, 12:35:21 PM »

Offline Loganir

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:February 01, 2015, 05:23:04 PM
  • óia !!!!
    • www.loganir.blogspot.com
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2013, 02:04:27 PM »
This Xbox is weird in so many ways. :P
I was expecting they included this Ilumiroom technology integrated with the new console... which is not the case.

Actually looks like Microsoft  focus are people NOT playing games, here is a short version of all that matters:
 lol

Offline Darkgargos

• Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:October 10, 2017, 12:10:54 PM
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2013, 02:21:11 PM »
Well, like I said before it seems the gaming industry is getting further away from actual gaming. These machines are not being made for the core gamer anymore, that time has past. Looking back it's strange how much has changed since Nintendo released the NES. I do miss the simplicity of a game system that was dedicated to just playing games. Modern gaming is just not for me anymore sadly.

Offline Twinimage

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 06, 2020, 01:45:48 PM
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2013, 02:39:05 PM »
Xbox has done a great job with providing a lot of games, via Xbox LIVE Arcade and what not. I'm sure they'll provide something very similar for the next gen. The fad of having a console that does EVERYTHING is sort of over. Though, services like Netflix and Hulu are becoming increasing popular. They'll want to bank on that.

Offline C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives!

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 13, 2023, 03:37:34 PM
  • Proud member of C.R.O.M. (Shadaloo Lives!)
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2013, 03:41:37 PM »
Actually looks like Microsoft  focus are people NOT playing games, here is a short version of all that matters:
 lol

lol

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2013, 05:15:31 PM »
Say what you will about Nintendo, at least they remember people buy gaming consoles TO PLAY GAMES  ~X(

Offline eg6gsr

• Contributor
  • Last Login:February 26, 2024, 03:24:12 AM
  • my first love
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2013, 03:27:26 PM »
Wow well that's depressing, Man where to start.

New games
Are they serious with this? Ok so aside from the fact that the games are just a one off deal when you buy them we have to get online to even activate them.........really.........so not only do we need to have internet access but we need to have xbox live to play the games that WE ALREADY PAYED FOR to even start them up, o.O#. Oh and here is another subject on that matter, say you are inputting that one off activation code and everything is done and you hit activate and my oh my the internet goes down :o do we now have a useless game that we just payed 60+ dollars for?

Used games
I now get to answer some of my own questions

Scenario 1- I pick up a brand new fresh limited edition copy of a game for $80, get about a month in and the disk gets scratched now my only option is to pick up a 60 copy of the regular version of this game just to play it.

Scenario 2- A friend down the street has a game I would like to play and in turn I have a game that he/she would like to play so lets swap games for a bit oh but wait that can't happen anymore.

Scenario 3- Gamefly(rent game), Gamestop(makes more money on used game sales).........................destroyed and out of business

Scenario/question 4- Or(and 360 owners know this one very well) the console breaks and you now have to get a new one does this mean your library of games is now worthless because this new doesn't have the activation codes stored on it?

Scenario/question 5- Backward compatibility, would it even work?

1. yes/no activation code may still work with used disc but with no one taking trade in for used games for the xbox good luck finding a used game

2. Yup you nailed that one on the head sir

3. Seems you have got this one right to, well at least for the xbox anyway

4. unclear as they may have the activation stored on a server.

5. Nope. Better keep that 360 is fighting shape whenever you wanna play your old games or pay $100 for that rumored update so the ONE can be compatible.

Required connection
Haha, COMCAST. That's all I really have to say about this one and anyone who has their service knows what I mean.

Non replaceable hard drive
Really. As many horror stories as I have herd about HDD going out on the 360 you'd think this is one thing that wouldn't be happening but I guess it's the same with the slim(I still rock the original). Better stock up on those memory cards(haha playstation love)

Won't work without Kinect.
Come on forreally real. This thing is separate from the console so what happens when(not if) it breaks? I swear when people do stuff like this they just look at all cool applications that can be done but non of the real world problems it can cause for consumers, yea there can be a warranty to replace it but what happens when that goes away.

Kinect always on.
I'll let the conspiracy theorist handle this one

Man I love my 360 and was really excited for the ONE but unless the price is super low I won't be getting it and that really sucks. PS4 lets see what you got

my new one

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 27, 2024, 11:21:03 AM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2013, 05:30:59 PM »
Say what you will about Nintendo, at least they remember people buy gaming consoles TO PLAY GAMES  ~X(

Nintendo actually thanks Microsoft :)
Wii U Sales Rank Jumps 875% Following Microsoft’s Xbox One Reveal
http://playeressence.com/amazon-uk-wii-u-sales-rank-jumps-by-875-following-microsofts-xbox-one-reveal/#idc-container

Offline Slivern

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:April 28, 2024, 05:51:39 PM
  • WE ARE NESTS: THE NEW WORLD ORDER

Offline overlordnick

• Winner of Round 2/3/7/8/12 in Last Person To Post Wins!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:July 05, 2016, 05:28:34 AM
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2013, 01:19:58 AM »
this console is made by people thinking logically
people thinking logically who can't here everyone yelling "NO! THAT'S A BAD IDEA!"

very similar to windows 8
windows 8 was made with very good ideas, but when everyone starting saying "NO, THIS IS BAD, HERE'S HOW YOU FIX IT" microsoft just started talking louder

logic:

backwards compatibility: making the next gen xbox play 360 games would be about as easy as making it play laserdiscs
it would add $150 to the price, be twice as large or have cooling issues

storing to the harddrive: should be considerably faster, and who doesn't like that

used games: there is absolutely zero degradation to the game over time, so no matter what the game will be in brand new condition

games being tied to account: because the game is stored to the harddrive the disc does not need to be in the machine, you could just go around with 1 game loading it on to 50 different machines
if they didn't do that people WOULD be doing it, and microsoft knows it

internet to activate games: see that above point

not logic/ microsoft can't hear:

500 GB harddrive: that might be good enough for some but not nearly everyone
example; and more of these people exist than you'd think

this guy is going to have alot of problems

less graphics cores(power): there is no explanation that would make that make sense

kenect always connected: i'll let others put together the conspiracies

internet once a day: there is absolutely no need for this, if the game has been activated and you're not playing online multiplayer you shouldn't need to connect

xbox live(if paid) and server verification: so i NEED online, i have to pay my provider, i have to pay you, and when the xbox squared comes out i just have a very expensive paperweight and some very expensive coasters/ frisbees
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 03:01:12 AM by overlordnick »
You know they're scraping the bottom of the barrel when they make me a mod

Offline Darkflare

• Forum Member
    • DarkflareEX
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2013, 02:22:51 AM »
used games: there is absolutely zero degradation to the game over time, so no matter what the game will be in brand new condition

games being tied to account: because the game is stored to the harddrive the disc does not need to be in the machine, you could just go around with 1 game loading it on to 50 different machines
if they didn't do that people WOULD be doing it, and microsoft knows it

internet to activate games: see that point

Well here's the thing.
This prevents people from borrowing a friend's game to try it out. This also prevents the games from being able to be rented. There's absolutely no way to try out a game except for actually buying it. The game being tied to account serves to further enforce this.
As it turns out, not everyone can afford to buy games new and instead look for them used to save a few bucks.

As for the internet thing, well not everyone has a stable enough internet.

Offline overlordnick

• Winner of Round 2/3/7/8/12 in Last Person To Post Wins!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:July 05, 2016, 05:28:34 AM
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2013, 03:09:49 AM »
well for trying it out, you could still do that, you just have to barrow your friends account or try it at their house
besides youtube reviews/overviews/first looks kind of make that somewhat unnecessary

for rental services, i don't think companies have ever liked those, and with games getting shorter and shorter (remember when a game would take minimum 40 hours to finish) buying a game is less practical

for the internet, i'd have to hope if you're actually paying for internet you have a good enough connection for a MAX 5 minute verification (i think i worded that section wrong <edited it>)
You know they're scraping the bottom of the barrel when they make me a mod

Offline Darkflare

• Forum Member
    • DarkflareEX
« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2013, 03:43:18 AM »
Borrowing becomes more of a hassle than it's worth and it's not like it's always possible to stop by their hous to try it out.
Reviews are all right, but they're more like suggestions.

I don't remember when games took 40 hours to complete minimum unless the game in question was an jRPG. Rentals are just another way to try something before buying it, if anything Used games would hurt them more.

It's just a nuisance. And what if you don't have internet for some time...or that the internet is very unstable at the moment? It's just another nuisance added on.

Offline Kriven

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2021, 04:30:43 PM
  • Rock on, Mario!
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2013, 07:44:47 AM »
I'd assume all XB-1 games would have downloadable demos to take the place of rentals and borrows for try-then-buy purposes.

I don't understand why the XB-1 is so different from the 360 that it couldn't be backwards compatibile. Why would they abandon what was already built instead of polishing it?

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2013, 02:00:27 PM »
What if the Play Station 4 is $781 and the Xbox One is $912.00?

Link here

Offline trexrell44

• Student of the Game
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:February 22, 2020, 09:06:21 PM
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2013, 02:09:51 PM »
If games start costing a hundred bucks I'll start to love my ps3 and 360 that much more.

CENTER]

Offline esn23

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:July 07, 2023, 02:38:39 PM
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2013, 07:57:01 PM »
This is super lame you have to be connected to the internet and have xbox live i dont even have that now.. I prefer ps3 free intrernet.. Also having to pay a fee online if you buy preowned games is stupid as hell.. I will for sure be getting a ps3 because from what I heard they will not be putting these gimick things on it to piss gamers off.. I only had an xbox 360 for Divinity and Fable anyways. 
*Note Soon

Offline D.O.W.X.

• Urban Nomad / Dat Vid Guy From Philly
  • Initiate
  • Last Login:March 22, 2017, 12:32:24 AM
  • Im tha best there is at...i think you know da rest
    • DOWX_20
    • The Tube
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2013, 09:33:23 PM »
yea...i think Microsoft saw the mass appeal that Nintendo achieved with the wii and pushed that...in the wrong direction...PS4 all day

and dat OUYA

Offline eg6gsr

• Contributor
  • Last Login:February 26, 2024, 03:24:12 AM
  • my first love
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2013, 05:58:52 PM »
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/06/microsoft-details-xbox-one-used-games-always-online?utm_campaign=fbposts&utm_source=facebook

Just more terrible news from Microsoft(well I think it is). Main points

Always Online-
“With Xbox One you can game offline for up to 24 hours on your primary console, or one hour if you are logged on to a separate console accessing your library. Offline gaming is not possible after these prescribed times until you re-establish a connection, but you can still watch live TV and enjoy Blu-ray and DVD movies."

Used Games and Giving Games to Friends-
"Third party publishers may opt in or out of supporting game resale and may set up business terms or transfer fees with retailers. Microsoft does not receive any compensation as part of this."

"The company added that “Xbox One is designed so game publishers can enable you to give your disc-based games to your friends. There are no fees charged as part of these transfers. There are two requirements: you can only give them to people who have been on your friends list for at least 30 days and each game can only be given once.”

o.O#. Ok so now that it's no longer speculation and my worst fears for this xbox have been realized the only thing I have left is the price which isn't looking good either, friend at best buy said $700 xbox and $500 PS4 but he said it could still change. Looks like my library for my 360 and PS3 are about to get a lot bigger

my new one

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 [29] 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal