collapse

Author Topic: Kai's Fighter factory classic with Gimp 2.6 tutorial  (Read 1395 times)

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
Kai's Fighter factory classic with Gimp 2.6 tutorial
« on: June 19, 2012, 05:33:44 PM »
I dont have a mic yet for the pc but theres quotes you can read while following the video. This is for those who want to learn how to create the basic character template start up and the character palette....

and yeah its my first tutorial ever

Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline wolviesam

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 06, 2012, 08:36:07 PM
  • C.R.O.M. rehab member.
Re: Kai's Fighter factory classic with Gimp 2.6 tutorial
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 05:45:00 PM »
Nice vid man,  very helpful.  ^^(PM)^

::salute::

Offline YoungSamurai5

• Young Coder
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:October 11, 2018, 09:37:13 PM
  • Live by the gun, Die by the sword
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 06:22:49 PM »
yea sweet vid i checked it out yesterday and i already referred it to a few people  8)
Mugen or Nothin

Offline DEMONKAI

• Contributor
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 06:53:27 PM »
Thanks fellaz. i hope the video is very effective & useful for those who want to create out there  8)

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Cyanide

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 29, 2019, 06:52:34 AM
    • Mugen Obscurity
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2012, 12:29:06 AM »
I actually have to argue against using the Elecbyte (It only has one T btw). Since FFC came out with that template i have fielded a larger than normal number of STUPID problems and they have all been caused by that. The most common of which is "I added a sprite or line of code and now my character doesn't work" You remove the lines, it works again, sometimes it's as simple as a single trigger.

This is not a global fault, it is fine for a large number of people but fixing those faults is illogical and standard practice simply doesn't apply. Sometimes removing anim 5300 will resolve it, if not then you're boned and actually have to start again from a different template.

If you must start from a template, use KFM and strip out the important bits. That's pretty easy to do and "template" is just a way of saying "Cut down character" as far as FFC is concerned. KFM is a template, but he's one without bugs that won't randomly screw you over for no reason.

Offline DEMONKAI

• Contributor
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2012, 07:49:47 PM »
Listen man my video served its purpose and thats all that matters lol

I hear what you sayin and im aware already you have a Gripe with FF template and all but those are details an experienced creator whos been in the game for a hot while to notice. Ive created two characters and never had problems how you pointed out when using that template. only time i had a crash if i screwed up a code badly or screwed up my palette!!!!!! *hint hint*

My video's mission was to show folks who keep asking me on the matter about transparency issues, Palette issues or dont have a clue how to take individual sprites from sprite sheets, preparing them properly to pcx format and inserting them into FF properly. Ive completed that mission ::salute::

As for me misspelling Elecbyte..blah.. i already know i did >:P. i didnt spell check my video entirely 8=|. stop paying attention to stuff like that man. Folks know what i meant, so for now it will be ELECTBYTE player until i get ready to fix it :P.... :-j jk jk

But seriously though not everybody uses KFM or cares to even though they know :-?? thats a fact. CVG mugen has their template. KFM has his and i guess..er...um..i was showing them how to start their own? 8-} :-??

I JUST HOPE MY VIDEO SERVED ITS PURPOSE and i felt good helping in that area.....thanks again Cyanide
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 08:17:59 PM by DeMoNk@I »

HAIL CROM!!

Offline wolviesam

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 06, 2012, 08:36:07 PM
  • C.R.O.M. rehab member.
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2012, 08:48:39 PM »
Sometimes the transparency doesn't work well and u have to make sure is on the right place.

We need to open the PCX sprite image again with GIMP, then we go to "colours" once there we go to "Map" then we go to "reorder map of colours", when u go in there u'll see the whole complete list of your PCX sprite colours.

Now u have to make sure the transparency (Pink or green or whatever colour u choose for transparency effect)  is on the first place cuz if he's not u just must drag it to the first place when u done press ok and now save the PCX sprite again.

That's all and works with every PCX sprited image.  :thumbsup:

This Mini tuto is just in case of transparency problems.   

And once again nice Vid tuto man, very helpful for me cuz i want to start with my own char one of this days.

:)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 08:56:50 PM by C.R.O.M.- wolviesam »

Offline DEMONKAI

• Contributor
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2012, 09:37:48 PM »
whatever works wolvie bro!  :) i appreciate the extra tid bit for the tutorial. i never used that method but hey as long as its extra help for the folks who want to start creating its all good n gravy. 8)

HAIL CROM!!

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 [27]
28 29 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal