collapse

Author Topic: Cooking  (Read 1986 times)

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
Re: Cooking
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2012, 02:57:59 PM »
Fell asleep while cooking again. The fire department was not happy to see me.  :(

/:O

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 13, 2024, 11:35:44 AM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2012, 04:05:50 PM »
Fell asleep while cooking again. The fire department was not happy to see me.  :(
not cool man.

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline shootYr.

• [Magnum]
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:September 11, 2012, 07:27:16 PM
  • What're you gonna do to me?...
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2012, 04:25:16 PM »
Much like my kitchen.  ~X(

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2012, 07:42:16 PM »

/:O wow...lol

Try to cook that rice when you are well rested. Youll get it. Its all about mastering the amount of water and time to cook it with the rice...

well at least you know how to Boil an egg right?

I knew a couple folks who couldnt even cook that or cook franks n beans (simple sh*t)
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline shootYr.

• [Magnum]
  • Contributor
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2012, 08:02:58 PM »

well at least you know how to Boil an egg right?

A couple of people suggested that to me before. I tried it and the egg had a crack I didn't see when I put it into the pot. Not gonna do that again.  :|

Offline DEMONKAI

• Contributor
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2012, 09:01:00 PM »
A couple of people suggested that to me before. I tried it and the egg had a crack I didn't see when I put it into the pot. Not gonna do that again.  :|

<_<|...| lol

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 16, 2024, 10:15:50 PM
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Skype - spidermew@aol.com
    • SpiderMew's House of Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2012, 11:01:52 AM »

You dont drop the egg into a pot of water, you set the egg gently in the pot then cover them with water.

Just go get some of Uncle Ben's boil in the bag rice. Your probably putting in too much rice and its boiling over.
The boil in the bag rice has the right amount.
Also its a good idea not to leave stuff lying around the stove if your cooking.
How can you really be going though all this trouble?
Is this topic like a joke? I don't quite understand. Boiling something is like the easyest thing in the world to do when cooking.

If you really are having these kinds of problems, maybe you should stick to stuff you can microwave.

Offline DEMONKAI

• Contributor
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2012, 07:01:06 PM »

If you really are having these kinds of problems, maybe you should stick to stuff you can microwave.

and on that note i say.....

HAIL CROM!!

Offline MaverickZr0

• S-Rank
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:November 25, 2016, 02:18:47 AM
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2012, 03:57:09 AM »
Don't worry, Y. I'll be over at your place at around 4 later today. I'll teach you how to also make gumbo.
Guys, stop giving him a hard time.

Offline ExeLord

• Smirking mage
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:May 07, 2024, 06:01:25 AM
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2012, 09:52:46 AM »
Guys, let's give this thread a level up! ;)
Let's share not-so-hard tasty recipes which we enjoy. I think it wouldn't hurt :-?? .
So let me start.
Baked potatoes with tomatoes and cheese.
Ingredients:
700 g of potato;
200 g of cheese(mozzarella or any hard/semi-hard cheese);
350 g of tomato;
salt;
bit of oil, sunflower or olive.
Making:
1. Peel potatoes and boil them in salted water till they ready(around 20 after boiling point).
Easy way to check readiness of potatoes – pierce one potato with knife and lift it vertically, if it slides or drops of knife it's ready, if it stuck – not.
(click to show/hide)
Let it cool off.
2. Cut tomatoes in circles (half-circles if they are big).
(click to show/hide)
3. Cut cheese in slices.
(click to show/hide)
4. Cut potatoes horizontally and put them on oiled baking sheet(you may put foil in baking sheet and oil it instead).
(click to show/hide)
5. Put cheese and tomatoes on potatoes, put baking sheet in owen. Bake it 20-25 mins with 180*C.
(click to show/hide)
Bon appetit!
You may put it on salad leaf and serve on non-round shaped plate if this is for guests, but I'm usually don't care about stuff like that, lol.
(click to show/hide)

P.S. I want the recipe of that Brazilian thing, Ilu posted in cooking 2 thread(we may merge threads, probably or rename 2nd to "usual breakfast" or something, dunno, but as they are both threads aren't really interesting). It looks interesting ^-^
What consumer society is?

"Where greyness prevails, the black always take the power." (c) "Its Hard to be God" - brothers Strugatskie.

Offline DEMONKAI

• Contributor
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2012, 10:11:36 AM »
Don't worry, Y. I'll be over at your place at around 4 later today. I'll teach you how to also make gumbo.
Guys, stop giving him a hard time.

lol we're just having fun with em of course. Ive burned stuff myself but over time youll eventually get better  8)

Guys, let's give this thread a level up! ;)
Let's share not-so-hard tasty recipes which we enjoy. I think it wouldn't hurt :-?? .
So let me start.

Groovey set up there =P~

Only things i know how to cook is breakfast (eggs, bacon, sausages, pancakes), beans, Steak, rice, spaghetti & fried chicken.
Never tried anything else :-??
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 04:23:27 PM by DeMoNk@I »

HAIL CROM!!

Offline ExeLord

• Smirking mage
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:May 07, 2024, 06:01:25 AM
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2012, 11:47:43 AM »
BTW, you reminded me, to make it more nourishing you may add thin bacon stripes on last step. It's tasty that way too, but less healthy, if you care.
If thread goes on I might post some other tasty stuff... :P
What consumer society is?

"Where greyness prevails, the black always take the power." (c) "Its Hard to be God" - brothers Strugatskie.

Offline shootYr.

• [Magnum]
  • Contributor
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2012, 04:29:46 PM »
lol we're just having fun with em of course. Ive burned stuff myself but over time youll eventually get better  8)

Groovey set up there =P~

It's hard to cook y'know. It feels like you guys are just s**ting on me because you're all better chefs than I. Feels bad, man...

Only things i know how to cook is breakfast (eggs, bacon, sausages, pancakes), beans, Steak, rice, spaghetti & fried chicken.
Never tried anything else :-??

Hotdogs are great for breakfast! I eat about 2 of them at breakfast everyday (Although I was told by a nutrition that this was bad, especially since this is my 5th year doing it).

Offline ~Hale "R@CE" Caesar~

• Special Ops Mugen Creator
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 10, 2024, 04:28:06 PM
  • This big boy spitting out 250 rounds a minute!!!
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2012, 04:57:34 PM »
I agree with Maverick, lay off of Y...  people seem to like ganging up on Y. as of late....Lets just keep it cool and fun...  :thumbsup:

Offline C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives!

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 13, 2023, 03:37:34 PM
  • Proud member of C.R.O.M. (Shadaloo Lives!)
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2012, 05:08:53 PM »
 >:-(-| Your new username is Shadaloo Approved. :thumbsup:

Offline ~Hale "R@CE" Caesar~

• Special Ops Mugen Creator
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 10, 2024, 04:28:06 PM
  • This big boy spitting out 250 rounds a minute!!!
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2012, 05:20:44 PM »
>:-(-| Your new username is Shadaloo Approved. :thumbsup:

>:-(-| Thanks, Sir "R@CE" Charles is the new me!  :thumbsup:

Offline DEMONKAI

• Contributor
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2012, 07:35:33 PM »
It's hard to cook y'know. It feels like you guys are just s**ting on me because you're all better chefs than I. Feels bad, man...

lol Naw naw naw bro. if anything im one of the coolest in here. i joke a lot man ;*)). its not that serious  :-j speaking for myself im just messin with ya ;). I KNOW Cooking aint just that easy man thats why i dont do it myself unless i have to and im that hungry. As much as i love italian food i cant cook a lot of that stuff like my sister does. Im not the best cook my damn self! lol Ill order chinese ASAP when i dont feel like cooking :D I let my lady do that part :P Then if shes too tired ill help her wash the dishes haha :-??

Hotdogs are great for breakfast! I eat about 2 of them at breakfast everyday (Although I was told by a nutrition that this was bad, especially since this is my 5th year doing it).

But seriously though its not good to eat hot dogs all the time though^^. All that pork aint good for ya. I love eating big greasey cheese burgers at times muself a lot and thats not good for me really since im getting a bit older and heart burn plays a factor. so i sorta pace myself by eating salad and fish most of the time.

HAIL CROM!!

Offline shootYr.

• [Magnum]
  • Contributor
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2012, 10:32:36 AM »
....Hotdogs are not pork.

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • The trend setter
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2012, 11:50:41 AM »
they can be. Its good to know that you are not eatting pork. Im a bit of a health nut. So when you said H dogs everyday i went  \-/o now im  :| since there not pork. Just keep practicing man. You'll pick up some things. Watch the food channel too. I learned a lot from there :thumbsup:

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:December 25, 2021, 12:18:48 AM
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2012, 12:11:01 PM »

well, depends which ones you get. You must be getting the good all beef ones.

Usually Hotdogs are pork, Chicken and/or Beef.

Hotdogs are made of the stuff people normally wouldn't eat, like snouts and whatever other meet is left after they get all he choice cuts from the animal.

Same thing with balongna.

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • The trend setter
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2012, 12:16:33 PM »
well, depends which ones you get. You must be getting the good all beef ones.

Usually Hotdogs are pork, Chicken and/or Beef.

Hotdogs are made of the stuff people normally wouldn't eat, like snouts and whatever other meet is left after they get all he choice cuts from the animal.

Same thing with balongna.
^^(PM)^ :-&

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2012, 12:50:15 PM »
whiplash you are def right about that bro. i work right next to the meat cvutter section at my job and when i have to walk through there....yeah...all choice stuff is on the pretty shiny silver table all laid out and nice, and the yak stuff is...gulp ...being grounded up for hotdogs and sausages!  :-& :-& :-& :-& :-&

all jokes aside, i eat both beef and pork.  but i love me some Ballpark cheese in middle hot dogs!  =P~ =P~

Y , i know its not easy trying to cook especially if your new at it, trying to make specific stuff without recipes or directions and all kinds of other things.  you definetly have to have patience, great judgement , read directions and for you tho bro... stay awake man! lol.  i never burned down a kitchen but burned my last pot/frying pan when i was like 19 years old. i was going all chef cooking a steak in a pan and dousing it with wine. yeah, FOOOOSH!  went the flames and pan. but me and the GF then laughed about it.  but she couldnt laugh cause she didnt know how to not burn ...Toast! go figure.  :D .

hmmm maybe i share a couple my own stuff i make for me and the kids, 1 i actually make like once a year. My son was die hard Naruto fan when he was younger and i decided to make some real life Ichiraku Ramen  shop style noodles.  boy oh boy, its now me and my kids own tradition that now even my 11 neices and nephews ( minus the babies )  love it and want some and eat it all up whenever i make it. A Huge Pot is totally needed. lol

well i got some pics of me making a homemade stir fry i made a lil while ago. about a month back after i got sick and was hospitalized and had to eat alot better so i started back to cooking more seafood and veggies. i took these pics with my cellphone. The food actually came out pretty good and flavorful.
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
and finally in the bowl!
(click to show/hide)
  super easy and simple, its just making sure to season some stuff before cooking and while cooking to get the flavor just right. eat with white/brown rice or without. Well this is just one of my personal fav dishes i make for just me...sorry kids. lol  >:D

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 16, 2024, 10:15:50 PM
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Skype - spidermew@aol.com
    • SpiderMew's House of Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2012, 04:35:55 PM »
I do a lot of cooking. Im the real chef in the home.
So perhaps i should contribute to this as well.

One thing my mom loves when i make it is Tacos.
There are basicly two kinds of tacos i make, normal beef tacos and beef and potato tacos.

Lets start off with Beef.

Your going to need: 1 large non-stick pan, 1 small non-stick pan, 1pair of tongs or 2 spoons, 1 wooden spoon, 1 bottle of corn oil, 1 package of corn tortillas, 1 lbs of ground beef (70%-90% lean), 1 bottle of tapatio hot sauce, pepper, seasioning salt (optional)

Take the larger pan, dash some pepper on the pan, throw in your beef, turn the fire on to a medium low and with the wooden spoon, break the meat into small bits, splash on some more pepper. Once you have the meat broken down in to small bits, splash on a bit of tapatio and cover. Turn fire to low. Let it sit for about 5 minutes, then come and break it up some more, and move that meat around.
What i like to do here, is push all the meat to one side, then leat the juces flow down to the other, then i put more tapatio and a light dash of seasioning salt into the liquid fat, then mix it in real good, then sture the meat in the juce. Recover and keep on low.* Sit for about 10 minutes and once the fat is gone it should be done. (be careful not to let it burn, so keep the fire on very low)

*Optional step for potato tacos: Take about 4 potatos, clean them up real good and peal them. Then chop them up into tiny bits. Add them to the meat, cover with water, add more pepper and tapatio, and bring to boiling. Then turn the heat down to low and let it simmer down till everything is a paste. Then it should be done. Test it, the potatos should be soft and it should have the concistency of refired beans.

Take your little pan, and fill it about half way with the corn oil. Turn the fire on so it dosnt go over the edges of the pan and stays at the edges of the bottom rings of the pan. Throw in a small shred of tortilla, and when its bubbling like crazy around it and bouncing the bits around, then throw in a tortilla.
Once bubbles come up in the tortilla, then flip it. It only takes a few seconds on each side. If you want to make hard shells, just use your your tongs or spoons to hold one half in the old and the other half in the air, then switch sides. Go back and forth for about a minute and it will be hard enough.

1lbs of meat can server about 12 tacos. Its more if you use the potatos. put the meat in the shells and top with cheese and other junk you may like.

Later ill tell you how to make guacamole, the SpiderMew way.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar