collapse

Author Topic: Johnny Bravo, and all my other projects, are Open Source  (Read 1879 times)

Offline zombieplasticclock

• Initiate
  • Last Login:November 02, 2011, 11:50:22 PM
    • Email
Johnny Bravo, and all my other projects, are Open Source
« on: June 12, 2011, 12:12:38 PM »
EDIT: Preview pictures kind of suck because Photobucket pixellated the heck out of stuff. The sprites are much better, rest assured

Sorry I didn't post this here sooner. I just put this on Mugen Infantry, but I forgot that there were a lot of people here waiting for this character as well. For those of you who wanted Johnny Bravo, and other stuff, this will be a mix of good news, and bad news. The rest will now be copy-pasted from Mugen Infantry:

Well, it saddens me to finally admit it, but it's been about two years now (and more, for some of my projects), and a lot of you guys really wanted to see these finished, so I think this would be for the best:

I'm throwing in the towel. I'm no good at this MUGEN stuff. But it also wouldn't sit well with me if I let my work thus far collect dust, so I'm unleashing it to the public. All my projects, and all the work put into them thus far, are open-source. As the front page of Mugen Infantry constantly reminds me, you guys are a lot better at this stuff than I am. So I hope someone will have a use for these, and make something fun for you all.

Without further ado, here are the projects, and the download links:

Johnny Bravo

I imagine this was my most popular project. A Marvel-vs-Capcom styled Johnny Bravo. Included in the zip are all the sprites, and a ton of sounds for Johnny, ranging from attack sounds, to many hilarious quotes from the show.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?9vlq625vznnjg98

Simon Belmont

Since his release as a DLC character in the XBLA game "Castlevania: Harmony of Despair", I found the sprites for his updated moves, and decided to try and make a "good" version of Simon, as a way to learn how to make MUGEN characters, and thus finish Johnny. Though I did learn a lot, it wasn't enough, and there were just too many bugs to make this character worth it. Included in the zip are all the sprites from both the nes Castlevania and his updated moves in HoD, many classic Castlevania sound effects, and I believe palette files (I added all the palettes Simon had in Castlevania: Harmony of Despair)

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?mgq9owmc6ima79g

NES Count Dracula:

Intended to be a compliment to Simon, the final boss of the NES Castlevania was a similar project: a mix of the original NES boss, along with the updated attacks from Castlevania: Harmony of Despair. Included in the zip are his sprites, sounds, palette files, and a very rough character file.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?tdsios6a0r9969w

Also, I made a stage a while ago to go with NES Dracula, and I think it's pretty awesome. You can find it here

http://forum.mugen-infantry.net/index.php?topic=143825.msg1409993#msg1409993

Rumia:

The Yokai of Darkness, from "Touhou: Embodiment of Scarlet Devil", made in the style of Scarlet Weather Rhapsody. Zip file contains sprites, and... not much else. But it's here if you want it!

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?qgyhkcid558amfz

Street Fighter: The Movie- Dan Hibiki

One of my first major sprite editing projects, this was an edit of Ryu from Street Fighter: The Movie (Shut up, I liked that game!). A lot of it is somewhat rough, but all in all, I'm happy with what I did so far. Included in the zip are all the sprites (with all the gi recolored pink, for your convinience), along with other things to finish the rest of the sprites. Also there are sounds effects, ranging from attacks, to Dan's signature yelling. Enjoy!

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?51qqr2wjs53aolj

Jigen Daisuke:

Last, but not least, is my most nostalgic project: Jigen Daisuke, from Lupin the 3rd. My very first sprite edit, from a few years ago. Based on the sprites from the SNES title "Lupin Sansei: Detsu no Hihou no Owe!" (lit. "Lupin III: Hunt for the Treasure of Legend!"), I was actually very proud of these sprites. I hope that someone can do something awesome with these, as I still absolutely love this sprite set. Included in the zip are the sprites.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?wqxq28v3wz5qrq4

And with that, I'm done. Do with these as you see fit. All I ask is that give a little credit for what I did (IE: Don't say these sprites are yours. That would just break my heart). Also, hit me up if there is a character made, as I'd love to try it out.

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:February 04, 2024, 12:00:37 AM
  • "Why not fight for Earthrealm?"
    • My Creations
Re: Johnny Bravo, and all my other projects, are Open Source
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 03:22:55 PM »
Awww... I really wanted to see Johnny Bravo... I guess I'll have to see if I can make this happen. I'll message you when I have the beta... someday...

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 05:31:41 PM »
On the contrary, I think Johnny will be closer to completion than ever! You and a couple others have already snatched him up to do their own things with the sprites, which means it'll actually get done!

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 05:49:59 PM »
Awesome to hear! I can't wait to see someone do some awesome stuff with ol Johnny

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 01:27:33 PM »
Me too! I just don't have the skill to do it, so in the hand of someone who does, awesome sick-nasty stuff should come from it!

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 02, 2024, 09:44:33 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar