collapse

Author Topic: Street fighter III Third Strike Online  (Read 871 times)

Offline vyn

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 22, 2024, 09:07:01 PM
    • Email
Street fighter III Third Strike Online
« on: June 10, 2011, 04:44:40 PM »
So yeah, this is getting closer and closer, here are a couple of videos to show just how much effort capcom is putting into this well considering the game was already made that is lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XB_dN9xj5s4&feature=channel_video_title#

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwAbYjBBLgM&feature=channel_video_title#

Daigo Legendary comeback is a trial now. Respect.

No release date yet but its priced at 14.99 dollars and 1200 points.

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
Re: Street fighter III Third Strike Online
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 04:53:43 PM »
Cool, I can learn to play SFIII properly now! Love the Diago tribute

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:December 25, 2021, 12:18:48 AM
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 05:30:47 PM »
Cannot wait for this.

I can't wait to play as Necro (WOO!) and do his trails, maybe I can learn something from them.

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Section Moderator
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2011, 08:10:20 PM »
Cool, I can learn to play SFIII properly now! Love the Diago tribute

lol

and thats really somethin when a game company reps and respects you like that to the fullest!
thats superior props right there
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline C.R.O.M. jodafro619

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:March 11, 2022, 11:46:48 AM
  • LEMME SHO' YA SOMETHIN'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2011, 08:58:19 PM »
now i HAVE to get a legit vbox now lol!!!!! i have been waiting for this to drop for the longest!! i hope cvs 2 get the same love, but that may be too much wishful thinking lol

C.R.O.M. handling all the biters!!!

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2011, 09:02:04 PM »
now i HAVE to get a legit vbox now lol!!!!! i have been waiting for this to drop for the longest!! i hope cvs 2 get the same love, but that may be too much wishful thinking lol

lol if capcom took it there with SF3 now im pretty damn sure cvs 1 & 2 will come in a pack online fairly soon!

HAIL CROM!!

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2011, 09:10:40 PM »
idk kai, i see some potential on the low bickering over the money between the two companies. i say release both companies games in a two for 1 deal so we get cvs 2 and the six people that were fans of svc (LOL) can get their fix too1! but back on topic:

i like this one a lot more than the sf4 games cuz it felt right in terms of balance, bigtime fun factor and when im parrying multi hit super moves , i can almost her that music from the last dragon hahahahaha. giant impact the parrying took a lil more skill, but third strike made it straight up fun!!!! when you get your parrying skills up, its a whole new game from there!!!!

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2011, 09:28:01 PM »
idk kai, i see some potential on the low bickering over the money between the two companies. i say release both companies games in a two for 1 deal so we get cvs 2 and the six people that were fans of svc (LOL) can get their fix too1! but back on topic:

i like this one a lot more than the sf4 games cuz it felt right in terms of balance, bigtime fun factor and when im parrying multi hit super moves , i can almost her that music from the last dragon hahahahaha. giant impact the parrying took a lil more skill, but third strike made it straight up fun!!!! when you get your parrying skills up, its a whole new game from there!!!!

lol you know what? i totally forgot about snk just that quick!! lol

But at the same time if we do see that happening then that means snk and capcom made up and got plans or on or two things to spring on us out of no where. An CVS3 looking like SF4 (visually) and a SVC2 looking and playing almost like KOF 13 pretty much. i say SF4 graphics because capcom is staying contempt with saying (now) that hand drawn sprites are too much development time and its very expensive. And SNK will definitely redeem themselves if they rock out with capcom on a SVC2 Looking like kof 13. Those 6 people (lol) will turn into maybe over 600 thousand lol... :-??just sayin ;*))

but hell yeah hands down SF3 is the sh*t over any SF4 no matter what version it is :cool. that game took way more skill. i still have both my cuts for DC and Ps2 ^-^

HAIL CROM!!

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:February 04, 2024, 12:00:37 AM
  • "Why not fight for Earthrealm?"
    • My Creations
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2011, 09:42:09 PM »
The good thing about this is that it's its own game and it's updated. The bad thing is that it looks like they've been copying off of us with our old Alien Blow-Up hi-res sprites... which is bad... They really couldn't make HD sprites? Really? They had all this time... ugh... Shame on them.

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2011, 09:51:35 PM »
the fact that i can finally play the game competitively is what matters . i could care less if the games was on a black and white tv lol!!! it's third strike online!!

@ kai i think they would take the cheap way out and use the sf4 engine on cvs 3, but i would rather see the naomi or cps 3 engine at work for that one. we're gonna have to go to japan with the goons and make sure it get done lol!! svc with kof13 engine?? sign me up!!! that same guy that did the rugal did some street fighter characters too.

it would be great to get hugo and alex out of retirement though. i mean i give them a run on mugen , but this will be official!!!  and i'm begging for some fool to pick gill so i can put him on the shelf !! hahahahahaha

Offline Silva-silva

• Shadaloo's Overlord
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 26, 2019, 11:39:32 PM
  • Sono kubi... ka kiru
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2011, 09:59:04 PM »
The good thing about this is that it's its own game and it's updated. The bad thing is that it looks like they've been copying off of us with our old Alien Blow-Up hi-res sprites... which is bad... They really couldn't make HD sprites? Really? They had all this time... ugh... Shame on them.

I'd like actual hi-res sprites too but lets get realistic, most of the characters have over or just under 1000 sprites. They already said that it wasnt going to be like HD remix anyway, they said it would take way to long and cost way to much.

"Are you a man who likes to beat their wife? Then head on over to Topeka Kansas, because it's now legal there." - Fox news

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2011, 10:54:01 PM »
we're gonna have to go to japan with the goons and make sure it get done lol!!
* CHECKS LUGGAGE.... 2 ninja swords, 2 samurai swords, 25 shurikens, 1 glock with 3 full clips, skull bandana and CROM t-shirt*.
Ok ready and loaded!  where we going again?  :D

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2011, 11:00:09 PM »
the fact that i can finally play the game competitively is what matters . i could care less if the games was on a black and white tv lol!!! it's third strike online!!

@ kai i think they would take the cheap way out and use the sf4 engine on cvs 3, but i would rather see the naomi or cps 3 engine at work for that one. we're gonna have to go to japan with the goons and make sure it get done lol!! svc with kof13 engine?? sign me up!!! that same guy that did the rugal did some street fighter characters too.

it would be great to get hugo and alex out of retirement though. i mean i give them a run on mugen , but this will be official!!!  and i'm begging for some fool to pick gill so i can put him on the shelf !! hahahahahaha

lol yeh thats whats im sayin. these days capcom wont even touch that official 2D stuff. But personally i rather see em re draw that sh*t over like SNK did with (sorry @ss) KOF 12 and the hot awaited KOF 13. and hell yeh who you tellin about that REAL DEAL NAOMI motherboard?? :thumbsup: man even ps2 couldnt mimick that smooth sh*t and i loved the ps2. thats why i still say the DC was the saddest sh*t in gaming history smh :(. Sega was on point with that. it introduced a lot things in gaming. totally new visuals. But anyway hell yeh you know im down with the goons being rounded up to smack Capcom sideways over in japan to do that SF3 proper 2D justice >:D lol. Ill always love a well done 2D fighting game

Svc with that Kof 13 engine is a NO brainer. they couldnt go wrong with it. Just take the concepts done in the SVC comic with those wild super moments and its a best selling hit. im confident on that. I used to always use Hugo in SF3 lmao. me and my other old homie was nice with alex used to go at it severely. we hated each other in a good way when we used those wrestlers. always a good laugh after like the 30th round went by lol...so ill def be online with that on the box!

oh and gill?? pfffft!~! :-j he gets canned with shin akuma no respect! :D

HAIL CROM!!

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2011, 11:41:45 PM »
gills not a threat on that game . any player who is hardbody on their parrying can put his #$s on the shelf!! i still play this on my dreamcast to this day, but i copped the accurate mix that has a changed soundtrack which is not bad.....

this one of the few games that actually made me laugh at the fanboy, panick induced "tier lists" . i laugh at them period , just play haard and try to be the better man simple as that.........

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2011, 11:49:26 PM »
well this game would be a bonifide treat for me . i havent really played it like that at all. i tried out some characters .. but played mostly with Makoto, Ibuki, elena , alex,  and that Q dude. i played here and there but i always played  in the mall on the arcades cabinets. never played at home other than whatever mugen characters peeps made. so i know i might and i do mean might get swatted by you Jodafro and Kai but i see imma have to get some mean practice in before i do. yall aint cannin my a$$  early in a SF game. :D

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2011, 11:55:26 PM »
gills not a threat on that game . any player who is hardbody on their parrying can put his #$s on the shelf!! i still play this on my dreamcast to this day, but i copped the accurate mix that has a changed soundtrack which is not bad.....

this one of the few games that actually made me laugh at the fanboy, panick induced "tier lists" . i laugh at them period , just play haard and try to be the better man simple as that.........

You ever fight a PERSON playing as gill? He's way overpowered. this combo (Crouch HP, Crouch HP, Headbutt, Headbutt.) Does 3/4 stun and about half you health. and with ressurections and that rainbow wings hyper (which does about 3/4 healthbar and takes up the whole screen), way high health, damage, speed and stun bar he's by far the best character in the game.

I REALLY hope he's not unlockable like he was in Dreamcast and PS2/Xbox versions. Or at least no be able to used online.

Oh and BTW, I'm not complaining, he's a boss character, he's suppoesed to be overpowered, I will start complaining if he's playable.

Offline vyn

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 22, 2024, 09:07:01 PM
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2011, 12:33:35 AM »
he is unlockable but cant be used online.

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2011, 01:13:24 AM »

Oh thank god. I didn't want to go online and just fight a million gills.

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2011, 01:29:57 AM »

that was smart of capcom^^

HAIL CROM!!

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2011, 07:17:11 AM »
@ whip lash , trust me when i tell you he's a bum!!!!! yeah gill has his power and and a few dirtbag combos, but that's also his weak point. he has too many weak points that can be exploited via parrying  and just straight bullying him. and that rainbow super can either be blocked or just kick the crap out of him . i wish they would let people play with gill i welcome the chance to hand them their face lol!!!

one of my peoples used to run him on the second impact and third strike cuz all he kne was the two piece crouching fierce, head butt into the clothesline. and you're right it took mad power, provided you actual get caught with it. and true he also have a sick poke game too. but he's a bum.....

im just glad to get it officially now cuz i was chanllenged by lando awhile back and i couldnt muster the patience for mame , due to you having to wait like 300 days for a non existent cd to load so you can play the game!!!!!!! i think it was like seventy minutes. i think i might have finished the console one literally ten times over in 70 minutes  and watch the animated movie lol!!!

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2011, 08:47:42 AM »
 :D  ^^(PM)^ All true right there bro!  :D

Offline Uche_of_IMT

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:May 11, 2024, 11:23:07 PM
  • The fighting spirit lives in the fans of M.U.G.E.N
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2011, 10:52:50 PM »
Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike is Online? ...and with improvements over the original?! ...without messing with the formula too much?!!

Dy-No-Mite!!!! :w00t: :w00t:
92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 15, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar