collapse

Author Topic: PSNetwork  (Read 1974 times)

Offline SanjiSasuke

• Wannabe Disciple of Master Lee
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 04, 2018, 10:39:08 PM
  • Vega: Master of the Claw (along with Wolverine)
    • SanjiSasuke's Lair
    • Email
Re: PSNetwork
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2011, 05:05:07 PM »
 :D No, I don't hack anything.

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:February 04, 2024, 12:00:37 AM
  • "Why not fight for Earthrealm?"
    • My Creations
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2011, 05:37:35 PM »
I love what one of my friends said about this "Oh Sony's new in the business so this is prone to happen. duh." Uh... no... it's exactly what you all have been saying, they push the buttons of these hackers (figuratively) and they didn't expect retaliation?  :DxDie

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2011, 09:51:32 PM »
USA Today reported, "Hirai (Chairman of Sony) said the network attacks were a protest against Sony's lawsuit filed in federal court against a hacker." "Intruders had planted a file... named 'Anonymous' with the words, 'We are Legion,'"

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2011, 06:53:35 AM »
SOOOOOO from what i am reading ..is that Hackers who break the law should be ...ok? so if someone broke into your system and hack yo stuff that you make ya money from and pay your employees to feed they fam and what not , that sony should chalk it up? i am just wondering.

Maybe i am looking at this from a business owners perspective and not from a freedom fighter of the net standpoint.  lol

Hackers do help in alot of ways without getting paid on the front end and the back end. they push technology to develop better ways for hacks to be harder and making software more encrypted. we just had a dude hack our company mainframe...why...because he figured out how , for no reason. Bored. now looks like the employee ( actually , he worked at the job o.O#).. is in hot water and he got fired yesterday morning. From what my boss told me and my crew... he is up sh&%$ creek!  i for one believe ..yes.. once you bought a system of any kind..its yours to do what you will. but.. and i do say but.. when you use your know how to break rules that are set forth to be followed  within company guidelines and you totally break them...whats supposed to happen. Hack yo own stuff and keep it yourself from trouble, why hack and post the stuff openly when ya know you gonna get into trouble? o.O# :rulez:

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:Today at 03:11:36 AM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2011, 07:31:51 AM »
SOOOOOO from what i am reading ..is that Hackers who break the law should be ...ok? so if someone broke into your system and hack yo stuff that you make ya money from and pay your employees to feed they fam and what not , that sony should chalk it up? i am just wondering.

Maybe i am looking at this from a business owners perspective and not from a freedom fighter of the net standpoint.  lol

Hackers do help in alot of ways without getting paid on the front end and the back end. they push technology to develop better ways for hacks to be harder and making software more encrypted. we just had a dude hack our company mainframe...why...because he figured out how , for no reason. Bored. now looks like the employee ( actually , he worked at the job o.O#).. is in hot water and he got fired yesterday morning. From what my boss told me and my crew... he is up sh&%$ creek!  i for one believe ..yes.. once you bought a system of any kind..its yours to do what you will. but.. and i do say but.. when you use your know how to break rules that are set forth to be followed  within company guidelines and you totally break them...whats supposed to happen. Hack yo own stuff and keep it yourself from trouble, why hack and post the stuff openly when ya know you gonna get into trouble? o.O# :rulez:

when u hack a system its not breaking the law. Now going into the game and cheating is wrong. Getiing mad because people using the mods to cheat is cool. Banning any one who uses a soft you put on the system and had implanted there for 5 years is wrong.

what if a havent played in years and decide to turn it on. Oh now im banned when i sign on because i have a older model? Not cool. Also many used the banned software for other things. moding/ hacking the games just came about recently with ps3. So that action was bad. and it hit the wrong people. the proper thing to do be would have ban those who have unually activity with their system. Tho targeting everyone using the one bad apple rule works 90% of the time. There those times it wont work and you need to look at the whole picture. Not a quick fix.

And Quick fix is why i wont ever again use psn ton buy any thing. To build a mult-million dollar net work in a week or even two? No buddy there still security issues........

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:December 28, 2014, 03:28:33 AM
  • Busy, as always
    • Wikipedia - Sabaki's Page
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2011, 12:10:13 PM »
Good post Lando33, and I agree.

There are good hackers, like the ones who help strengthen security and point out flaws. Hacking a system for your own benefits is also OK. Problem is when you post up all that info about how to hack copyrighted technology for everyone to see. That hurts businesses in so many ways. Actually, for those who hack stuff prefer not to expose how they do it in the open, but share the info amongst themselves.

Now, the Anonymous group have no right to do what they did and hack Sony. For what, because Sony sued GeoHot? For the name of justice? And yeah, the (ex) employee is going up the creek for sure.

Offline vyn

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 22, 2024, 09:07:01 PM
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2011, 01:48:06 PM »
PSN hack is plain wrong and i hope is heavily punished. Ill go into the later sony patches banning people with extra software cuz its much more debatable.

I dont know how popular ps3 piracy is in the states but what i do know is that there are plenty of little shops or plain streetsellers here who offer to mod your ps3 for like 10 bucks to run pirated copies and sell the copies for about the same money, then you walk a little more downtown and you can buy a stolen ps3. You know how much money gets from all this? Zero.

And no i dont work for sony (i wish i did though lol) nor am i defending their right to make money, im seeing this purely from a consumer point of view and what is the problem with piracy affecting games? that i can only find blockbuster games in local stores, that indie developers get no chance to make games, that i play the 12th version of a succesful franchise, that a game is sold to me for almost 100 dollars. Many things cause all this but piracy is one of the biggest causes and above all its illegal.

Now what do these hackers have to do with all that? Simple the very dude who offers to mod your console will be very honest when asked where he learned how to mod it, he will say "internet".

Nintendo kinda let this pass, xbox is as hacked as it can get but Sony took the harsh bully way and nobody likes a bully but if the industry i love is somewhat benefited by these actions and the downside is just people not being able to install linux in their console, so be it.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 01:54:53 PM by vyn »

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2011, 02:21:16 PM »
vyn and sabaki i am agree with both statements .  Rage my bro, my friend , my homie. i can see what you mean and i see that looking at it from a " well sony gonna let one tomatoe spoil it for the whole Garden!" standpoint. Pretty much yes and no, cause their systems have been getting hacked for years, every version, so its like what Popeye says; I Cant stand no more's! ahhh goo  goo goo goo goo! lol

we the innocent bystanders and consumers get caught up in the crossfire for other peoples wars. so its no different in the Gaming world of war. Those Hackers actions just kept crossing the line surely and surely and sony just said... we are going to do away with something and so they are. i cant blaim them. i cannot find them at fault in entirely. they are doing wjhat anyone would do. protect their assets and their brand. they put in all the hardwork of making something for people...and their wallets lol and never had to do it at all and here you have those select people totally taking advantage of it. so what they do stuff business wise you may not like. thats your issue not the company, you dont work for sony, either do i or a ton of people you know what i mean? so the way to properly show sony legally is to not buy their products. period. not go break laws.. that are true to the laws and expect nothing to happen. Cause and Effect my friends.  :D

Offline SanjiSasuke

• Infinity Faithful
    • SanjiSasuke's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2011, 04:04:48 PM »
First off, Anonymous openly said they didn't do it. I imagine an Anonymous fan did it independently as they didn't want to bother users, just the company.

Second, geohot never intended directly for piracy, just being able to use the system fully, and allowing for homemade games and as a side being able to use a feature that was on the box.

If this had happened to some other game company that had a system none of us played we'd be happy that the corporation got what came to it. But because it cut into our CoD, MvC, and MK time we are against it.

Offline vyn

• Contributor
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2011, 04:14:09 PM »
im trying to look at the bigger picture thats why i dont mention anonymous or geohotz, one is a group of hackers, they are more vocal than most thats all and the other is pretty much a kid who went a too far.

By themselves they did pretty much nothing despite media coverage but if you dont put your foot down on the little things it just keeps growing which is what sony tries to stop or at least contain to not lose much money and something i support because it ultimately helps the industry, at least the one that plays by the rules (laws).

I still believe the geohotz incident and its pistolero ramifications have nothing to do with the attack on the psn and the sony online data so i treat them separatedly. The first is pretty debatable while the attack is a plain criminal act looking for money.

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Busy, as always
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2011, 04:51:14 PM »
If this had happened to some other game company that had a system none of us played we'd be happy that the corporation got what came to it. But because it cut into our CoD, MvC, and MK time we are against it.
Er, I don't have nor play CoD or MK, and although I have MvC3, I haven't played online for a looooooooong time. Ask Shadoloo, I declined his last invite to play in his lobby.

Look, the argument is not about supporting a major corporation like Sony. It's about hacking and the dangers it causes by those with little regard. GeoHot has been hacking stuff and putting them online for peeps to learn for awhile, such as the iPhone hack. As I mentioned before, there are hacks that benefit the advancement of technology, and there are some that don't. Constantly violating a company's policy to promote piracy AND teaching others how to do it to promote piracy on the internet is just wrong. Stuff like hacking can be kept underground and in the low amongst other hackers, but that was not his intentions.

Posting up a company's code such as PS3's root keys is cool to you? Sure, GeoHot's intentions were to allow gamers to play homebrew and explore a device's security coding, but if a company feels it's a violation of their policy, then they can't shut it down? Plus sensitive information like Sony's security coding can further be compromised by companies who wish to steal their their technology and use it in their own products. This is where GeoHot did wrong. The hack on the PSN most likely had nothing to do with him, so no blame on him but the individuals who did it (still leading to Anonymous).

You need to look at the big picture. It is not about being able to play homebrew games all in one nice little package, or even to run another OS (honestly, there's no need for that if you're a gamer). There is no justice in "sticking it to the man cuz you ain't getting my $$$ anymore cuz I'm playing games for free!!" Sony is a business, and operates similar to most businesses. Every product gets hacked, reverse-engineered, altered, whatever. However, exposing how to do it or sensitive technology is a crime, simple as that.

Offline SanjiSasuke

• Infinity Faithful
    • SanjiSasuke's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2011, 06:50:02 PM »
I understand that, but if that's the case they should have gone after the people who made backup launchers and CFW to install illegal pkg's instead.

For example the only CFW maker they went after was the one guy who specifically made the program unable to support pirated .pkg (game) files. o.O#

I completely agree with the crackdown of piracy, though, it drove the PSP to the grave, unfortunate. :(

Oh, and MK and CoD were just examples of popular games, I wasn't calling specifics.

Offline vyn

• Contributor
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2011, 08:47:04 PM »
"we got our 15 minutes of fame we wont let go!!! "

AKA another attack is supposedly coming

http://news.cnet.com/8301-31021_3-20060227-260.html

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Busy, as always
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2011, 09:13:34 PM »
Damn! If they can be successive a third time then it's got to be an inside job.

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:Today at 03:11:36 AM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2011, 09:20:05 PM »
Damn! If they can be successive a third time then it's got to be an inside job.

this is sonys doing. they claim they got access to there servers. When sony tried to fix the psn without shuting it off to the public it left them open. left holes to be exploited. Dumb@$$e$

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline SanjiSasuke

• Infinity Faithful
    • SanjiSasuke's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2011, 10:31:05 PM »
The report says the target is Sony's site this time, so hopefully it won't effect PSN again.

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Busy, as always
« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2011, 10:45:00 PM »
this is sonys doing. they claim they got access to there servers. When sony tried to fix the psn without shuting it off to the public it left them open. left holes to be exploited. Dumb@$$e$
Hmm, that could be true. Sony needs to redo the security and stuff for their servers and sites, change permissions, etc.

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2011, 01:45:00 AM »
Sony should do the thing they least tried to do. fight hackers with hackers! :D

ehh i think even tho it cvould be an inside job..yeah 3 times does sound suspect to me. i think its gonna have very bad effect as a whole. PSn could shut down completely. sony has the right to do that especially if its gonna put risks on future games, customers, share holders and the like. But see.. the hackers dont think about that. its about ..proving a non valid point to them. So  you gonna ruin everyones enjoyment because yall dont like the fact sony is suing a fellow hacker for getting caught??  /:O .. sooo you mean to tell me giving some random guy they dont know for a lawyer by way of defense donations..(i heard people gave him donations).. may lose all because.. he broke the law he was supposed to adhere to? and then you basically lost all your money you gave for a cause you know was ...wrong to begin with? Says it on every single thing not to infringe on the corporations rules.

hey hack your stuff you bought..no problem.. keep it undergropund..no problem ..but yeah stupid posting it so everyone can do it and its against the laws...uhh punishment?  thats like your mom tells you its time to go to bed when you was a kid and you decide to wait till she knocked out to go and sneak food from the fridge and ya get caught. uhh punishement! you broke the rules. yeah ok some peeps parents may give you a slap on the wrist and scolding and send ya back to bed but yeah some of us olders ones.. ya got grounded! especially it happens too many times! lol.  In a  sane society this is what happens. break rule, punishment whatever it may be. Sony is only and was only gonna let this happen but so much before taking action. Believe me.. no matter how many hackers think sony aint gonna come after them too and just stick it to this kid... think again.  XD||
Now we all pay ( well i have 360 soooo... :-j) for the dumbness of a select group doing something without thinking who this all is really gonna hurt.... the gamers. ::salute::

Offline LarsAlexandersson

• Combo Trainer for Capcom & Namco games
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:June 11, 2015, 01:01:32 PM
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2011, 05:09:02 PM »
When will it returns again
Possible UMvC3 JP voice for Marvel side as FREE DLC Pack:
MvC3: Marvel JPN VA List by ~LarsMasters on deviantART

Offline vyn

• Contributor
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2011, 02:18:25 PM »

Offline Dead Phoenix

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 02:35:37 AM
    • DeadPhoenix9065
« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2011, 02:38:47 PM »
 hackers attacking hackers...... :|  well at least Sony has time to focus on work then worrying about another attack. On a side note some sites are reporting that sony will have the PSN up by May 31st. Hopefully before then.
The tongues of dying men force attention, like deep harmony. Where words are spent, they are seldom spent in vain.
-Mei Ling quotting Shakespeare

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2011, 03:08:56 PM »
Thanks for posting that Vyn, "Ryan" is now my hero.

Offline SanjiSasuke

• Infinity Faithful
    • SanjiSasuke's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2011, 04:41:21 PM »
I'd bet a fair bit that the Ryon guy is the one in favor of attacking PSN and that the others are in for Sony alone instead, as that was the message of the Anonymous official site before Benedict Arnold attacked.

Offline LarsAlexandersson

• Combo Trainer for Capcom & Namco games
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:June 11, 2015, 01:01:32 PM
« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2011, 04:56:30 AM »
MvC3 online here we come!
Possible UMvC3 JP voice for Marvel side as FREE DLC Pack:
MvC3: Marvel JPN VA List by ~LarsMasters on deviantART

Offline C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives!

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 13, 2023, 03:37:34 PM
  • Proud member of C.R.O.M. (Shadaloo Lives!)
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2011, 04:59:04 AM »

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 [29] 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal