collapse

Author Topic: Street Fighter X Tekken  (Read 34254 times)

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Section Moderator
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
Re: Official Street Fighter X Tekken thread
« Reply #900 on: March 07, 2012, 06:57:14 PM »
Okay finally got the game, gettin used to it, Quick Combos suck *walks out*
its useful. you have to get used to that. i didnt like it at first until later
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline ExeLord

• Smirking mage
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:May 07, 2024, 06:01:25 AM
« Reply #901 on: March 07, 2012, 06:59:04 PM »
@ DeMoNk@I, a lot of people feeling same way about that DLC http://www.gamefaqs.com/poll/index.html?poll=4651 (even Maximilian said it in on-line warrior, while I thought he is more loyal to capcom)

And yes, that movie was awesome, enjoyed it. If they will be involved in official full movie there's no doubt I'll watch it. :thumbsup:
What consumer society is?

"Where greyness prevails, the black always take the power." (c) "Its Hard to be God" - brothers Strugatskie.

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #902 on: March 07, 2012, 08:31:52 PM »
@ DeMoNk@I, a lot of people feeling same way about that DLC http://www.gamefaqs.com/poll/index.html?poll=4651 (even Maximilian said it in on-line warrior, while I thought he is more loyal to capcom)

See? Smh that sh*t crazy crazy man. Its a cool game but its the fact that those 12 extra are on that disc that leaves a sour taste behind about Capcom....for everyone in general yeh i know they pulled this before with mvc3. But this is ridiculous. this is supposed to be an epic release between two great fighting game companies and capcom is still bullin the BS. id be shocked and hurt as a gamer if Namco goes down to their level too with TEKKEN x street fighter. I doubt it because Namco still kept it official and oldschool with Tekken 6 with no DLC chars and them ALL THERE or unlockable in other modes. thats how its supposed to be

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:December 28, 2014, 03:28:33 AM
  • Busy, as always
    • Wikipedia - Sabaki's Page
« Reply #903 on: March 07, 2012, 08:51:00 PM »
@Shadaloo: cool, I'm down.

@DEMONKAI: good sets, man  :thumbsup: . Practically no lag compared to some fights I had earlier before you got on. Capcom's needs to improve the netcode and sound issues. Anyways, gotta get used to your jumping pressure, for I spent hours in the lab and that Damn CPU didn't do crossups like you, or else I'd be more prepared. Next time I'll use other chars as well, and give my main team a break.

Looks like there are more quick combos assigned to certain button combinations that you can't disable...or so I heard. It messed me up in a few online matches...or maybe those are glitches?!?

The whole DLC on disc is pretty much a downer on many levels. I found out about this after I bought my copy on Saturday, so I wonder if my decision to purchase the game would change. I think that Ono and his team (not all development team in Capcom) are still trying to get the hang of handling DLC, so they're experimenting with many ideas. They should just be honest and make DLC what it's supposed to be, or change how they handle locked content.

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 28, 2016, 11:01:46 PM
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #904 on: March 07, 2012, 09:13:31 PM »
ok i win matches online and it says i got bp but it stays on zero /:O
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 09:18:54 PM by Swiziga »

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #905 on: March 07, 2012, 09:56:03 PM »

@DEMONKAI: good sets, man  :thumbsup: . Practically no lag compared to some fights I had earlier before you got on. Capcom's needs to improve the netcode and sound issues. Anyways, gotta get used to your jumping pressure, for I spent hours in the lab and that Damn CPU didn't do crossups like you, or else I'd be more prepared. Next time I'll use other chars as well, and give my main team a break.

Looks like there are more quick combos assigned to certain button combinations that you can't disable...or so I heard. It messed me up in a few online matches...or maybe those are glitches?!?

The whole DLC on disc is pretty much a downer on many levels. I found out about this after I bought my copy on Saturday, so I wonder if my decision to purchase the game would change. I think that Ono and his team (not all development team in Capcom) are still trying to get the hang of handling DLC, so they're experimenting with many ideas. They should just be honest and make DLC what it's supposed to be, or change how they handle locked content.

hell yeh man damn good sets we had :) Thats weird with the quick combos you said. i havent experienced that yet. Only just that common sound issue. They gotta patch that up seriously. like i said before im very surprised that got by like that when their testers were monitoring stuff before release.

Yeh that DLC A issue is just...unacceptable. Like you said pretty much they should make REAL DLCs and stop trying to be slick milking more dis honest money. Me as a Capcom rep i would have been embrassed because thats really slime ball like. Any mature person can see thats just way out of line. especially a person like me who got the special edition. that was 70 bucks. i can care less about gems. i rather get 12 characters than some gems. thats @ss backwards right there. A DLC to me is something that deals with your memory card. Its not even on the disc. its crazy cuz capcom knows that but they really doopin people in the @ss because they know most out there are not smart enough to see whats really going on. In the end they can officially lose their costumer trust. If i was a CEO of capcom  wouldnt even play with that fire there.

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #906 on: March 07, 2012, 09:57:34 PM »
ok bp working now. sticking to sf characters only for ranked march for  now after going against a guy that spammed projectiles while i was using law -__-
EDIT: hugo is awesome!  :w00t:
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 10:03:23 PM by Swiziga »

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #907 on: March 07, 2012, 10:16:13 PM »

EDIT: hugo is awesome!  :w00t:

oh yeh hugo is still the man for sure!

HAIL CROM!!

Offline C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives!

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 13, 2023, 03:37:34 PM
  • Proud member of C.R.O.M. (Shadaloo Lives!)
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #908 on: March 07, 2012, 10:32:31 PM »
Good lord arcade Akuma spams like a mother!

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #909 on: March 07, 2012, 10:38:45 PM »
Good lord arcade Akuma spams like a mother!

lol hell yeh!

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 28, 2024, 10:32:37 AM
  • If you see this, I'm alive!
« Reply #910 on: March 07, 2012, 11:21:56 PM »
ok just played some matches against swiziga, wtf is up with the sound? Capcom really screwed that up...

and i DEFINITELY need training since I never managed to get my hands on SSF4, I dont know jack...I kept thinking if I thought about SF3, id be okay, but NO i got murdered instead by Swiziga's Law
(click to show/hide)
zzz...I'm top tier...screw you Doom and Wesker...zzz

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #911 on: March 08, 2012, 12:01:40 AM »
ok just played some matches against swiziga, wtf is up with the sound? Capcom really screwed that up...

yeh thats a common bug on both systems. At first i thought it was just the 360 but when i played my PS3 version its the same deal. its something capcom needs to patch for sure. before it used to annoy me but now i block it out

As for gameplay nah it isnt much like SF3 with all the parrying n stuff. SF4, SSF4 is like that. The tactics used in SF X T is still the same as any SF game. trap n bait and fake outs never fail man. Best bet is to get your hands on a SSF4 and get a feel of the stepped up series in that sense. SSF4AE is the best thing to experiment with^^

best advice for SF X T to give you is learn to understand how to use those gems. it all works around how you are as an apponent. do you want certain gems to activate because you block a lot or you want certain gems to activate because you are an offense kind of guy and may get hit at times or may deal hits that connect most of the time? Things like that

The tag in system is pretty smooth. trust in it. its very easy to cancel in situations like when you attack with a normal or special you can just take it at will if you have enough power bar. Regular tagging in doesnt take power though. As time goes on youll notice all that^^
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 12:08:11 AM by DeMoNk@I »

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #912 on: March 08, 2012, 09:38:58 AM »
Ok i got my game last night, was sleepy as rip van winkle and played about 2 rounds using a Lili teamed up with Cammy......was actually not that bad. but then, i noticed something. dude the music SUCKS! plus i really need some hardcore training time with this game! but i can get the hang of it better than MVC3 . i do wish some combos chained better tho. was really workin my nerves doin the same combos . I dont like GEMS! bahh humbug , gimmie those locked characters!
gonna check it out more later today before i go to work tonight. :thumbsup:

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Busy, as always
« Reply #913 on: March 08, 2012, 10:49:43 AM »
@Lando: year,the music is wack lol . Only ones that are bearable are the Mishima mansion, Antarctica, and Mad Gear Theatre. Really wish Capcom took more cues from Tekken when it came time for music. Man, Tekken's soundtracks are always off the hook  :thumbsup:

@Demonkai: sorry I couldn't get on again last night. Got home, sat on the couch and I was out like a light   :D . Didn't wake up until 3 am, and I had enough power to drag myself to bed. I'll play you (and anyone else who has a ps3) again tonight if I can get on.

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #914 on: March 08, 2012, 01:08:29 PM »
I read what you guys said about the music so I went to look it up on youtube... that's some really lame stuff. ChunLi's theme is perhaps the worst remix ever.

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #915 on: March 08, 2012, 01:45:16 PM »
I read what you guys said about the music so I went to look it up on youtube... that's some really lame stuff. ChunLi's theme is perhaps the worst remix ever.

yeah , its really wacktacular. like sabaki said tho, those tracks are probably the best ones. I just dont get it tho, why have an awesome cover theme  with the intro and then once game starts all the stage music is far below par? Heck they really should have gotten a tekken composer to do the stage scores. great music helps the flow of the fight ya know. not a super major thing to me but then again, it drags a bit. and No i will not play my own music to fight with, they should have done that justice for my hard earned cash. Capcom are you tryin to Milk Dem Cows again?  :D \-/o

other than that and the suckfest idea of characters being locked on the disk and not real dlc, the fighting is pretty cool especially now i am playing with various characters and tightening the chaining a bit.  one thing i am trrying to nail is see if i can do a ssf4 type move where i go from combo chain to hyper straight through. plus switching out is very important, i found out the hard way. o.O#  :D

Offline MG

• Initiate
  • Last Login:March 12, 2012, 06:02:48 PM
« Reply #916 on: March 08, 2012, 02:16:50 PM »

But Chun Li's theme isn't in the game at all? well beside the 5 seconds it's in her and cammy's intro. only Akuma's, Ogre's, a combination of Bison's and Juri's, a Combination of Jin's and Xiaoyu's are, then Rolento's and Heihachi's on the mad gear level and Mishmia Estate.

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Busy, as always
« Reply #917 on: March 08, 2012, 02:23:48 PM »
@Lando: there is no set way to go from chain into super afaik. You can cancel a light attack into a super generally, while you may be able to cancel a middle or heavy attack into a super as long as you didn't do a chain into them 1st. Once you learn how to juggle after a Cross Rush, you can extend your juggles by linking attacks, then super canceling (ex: LP, LP, MP->Super).

Some special cases exist, tho, but they are character-specific. For example, Asuka has a special combo that allows her to do LP-MP-LP, which from the 2nd LP she can special cancel and iirc super cancel. Jin can also super cancel from this back+MP-HP combo I think (it is definitely special cancelable).

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #918 on: March 08, 2012, 02:44:47 PM »
@Lando: there is no set way to go from chain into super afaik. You can cancel a light attack into a super generally, while you may be able to cancel a middle or heavy attack into a super as long as you didn't do a chain into them 1st. Once you learn how to juggle after a Cross Rush, you can extend your juggles by linking attacks, then super canceling (ex: LP, LP, MP->Super).

Some special cases exist, tho, but they are character-specific. For example, Asuka has a special combo that allows her to do LP-MP-LP, which from the 2nd LP she can special cancel and iirc super cancel. Jin can also super cancel from this back+MP-HP combo I think (it is definitely special cancelable).

^^(PM)^ Thanx Sabaki! now i know whats the deal.  :thumbsup:

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
    • C.R.O.M.

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #920 on: March 08, 2012, 05:26:11 PM »
lol i should have kept going doing that same sh*t when i first got the game o.O# I was doing that for a long time with ryu & ken buggin out and then at 44 hits i said blah  :-j im bored lol Thats pretty cool sh*t there though it says that

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #921 on: March 08, 2012, 08:05:23 PM »
this game really is fun especially. played at school as teams and me and the guy i teamed up with went on a 4 game win streak out of best of 3 sets. and he taught me a new law combo that i'll be using alot now :cool scramble mode is fun too but from what they told me its horribly laggy online, another problem that needs to be patched soon.

Offline MG

• Initiate
  • Last Login:March 12, 2012, 06:02:48 PM

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #923 on: March 08, 2012, 11:26:23 PM »
something is really wrong with the ranking. my bp goes up randomly. ill win 2 matches and it says bp+50 but it doesn't go up but on my third win it will  :|

• Infinite Loyalist
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #924 on: March 09, 2012, 01:15:36 AM »
Fun matches guys, until we kept getting Sagat chest shots and Kuma crotch shots. lol Hope they patch this soon. Couldn't understand a single word DCL said. lol I'll have my mic tomorrow though. Remember, tomorrow and Saturday at 7:00pm US Central. ::salute::

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Neon Light Force Demo by O Ilusionista
[May 06, 2024, 11:54:23 AM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 02, 2024, 09:44:33 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

Get permabanned! VoteKick gets fighters banned in MUGEN! (April Fools 2024) by GTFoxN6Y
[April 01, 2024, 05:25:31 PM]

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal