collapse

Author Topic: Street Fighter X Tekken  (Read 34482 times)

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:December 28, 2014, 03:28:33 AM
  • Busy, as always
    • Wikipedia - Sabaki's Page
Re: Official Street Fighter X Tekken thread
« Reply #825 on: March 03, 2012, 06:19:28 PM »
Some random stuff:

Raven: sure a lotta peeps are gonna main him  ;D. Cool character indeed, not much of a combo character, but good for quick mixups and guaranteed damage. Good movement speed, too. Normals have some good usage to set up for juggles. Specials are not safe, so you gotta be unpredictable with him. Kinda disappointed that a lot of his tekken strings are not in the game, tho...but maybe for the best.

Asuka: used her abit in tekken 6. May feel like you gotta piece a lot of her moves together to make damage, but it may be worth it. Double Lift Kicks is great! Use for some long juggle. She also has some long chains that start out with light attack->mp->light attack->medium attack->heavy attack->launcher *(this is not listed in her movelist). It can't be an infinite since pushback after 2nd medium attack is big.

Still playing. More later.

*update: it's sorta listed, since she can do mp->light attack, but it's not mentioned that this can be done during a chain combo.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 11:04:36 AM by Sabaki »

Offline MG

• Initiate
  • Last Login:March 12, 2012, 06:02:48 PM

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Section Moderator
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #827 on: March 03, 2012, 06:51:44 PM »
Some random stuff:

Raven: sure a lotta peeps are gonna main him  ;D. Cool character indeed, not much of a combo character, but good for quick mixups and guaranteed damage. Good movement speed, too. Normal have some good usage to set up for juggles. Specials are not safe, so you gotta be unpredictable with him. Kinda disappointed that a lot of his tekken strings are not in the game, tho...but maybe for the best.

Asuka: used her abit in tekken 6. May feel like you gotta piece a lot of get moves together to make damage, but it may be worth it. Double Lift Kicks is great! Use for some long juggle. She also has some long chains that start out with light attack->mp->light attack->medium attack->heavy attack->launcher (this is not listed in her movelist). It can't be an infinite since pushback after 2nd medium attack is big.

Still playing. More later.

lol yeh man i saw that at the fight club. dudes where rapin folks with Raven and Ibuki as a team.
I see ryu is pretty nasty with his combo to super set ups too ^-^ I like how each Tekken team or Street fighter team has a Rival when in arcade mode. special intros and everything. Im running through it a second time to end it now with Ken & Ryu. Before it was Ken and Kazuya but i lost because i realized too late to take that damn quick combo off my analog. Cost me my straight no rounds lost streak

EDIT:

ight Just beat the game again but this time without losing any rounds with Ryu & ken. Saw Ryu and kens ending and now im wondering in the SF X T universe is Ryu considered dead, destroyed and gone now^^

eh anyway im up here going tough in practice mode and i see its really really easy to set a person up after any tag in.

Example: with Ken & ryu team

1) i would do LP,MK,HP which after HP or even HK being hit it automatically triggers off a launcher. Normally HP doesnt do that but if you do that particular combo with Ryu & Ken this always happens and effectively
&
2) From there i just follow up with a super. The hit pause is so good so you really dont have to try that hard to catch a person before they hit the ground. the super pause is real good. At first i was playing so hard for no reason when each super move that i noticed was like  :2 :3 :6 and 3 punches or kicks. Usually it would be :2 :3 :6 2X but its not. its very simple. its pretty paced enough so tekken users can do stuff fairly smooth like SF characters. Like Sabaki said before its real easy to chain combos up. Yeh its a bit tight but when you set up from combo to super up close you will definitely seal the deal.

You can deal some serious punishment with the Arcade stick for sure. The tekken fans no need to worry all the characters could side step the sh*t out of spammers. so its their doom if they keep doing that. you can side step in combo, tag smash for the launcher and then follow up with a super. It makes spamming street fighters think twice about doing that.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 08:17:50 PM by DeMoNk@I »
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Busy, as always
« Reply #828 on: March 03, 2012, 07:10:03 PM »
Yeah, Raven's real good, especially if your spacing is good! I don't even use the Cross Shuriken cuz, well he doesn't need it. Still hitting the lab with him in training mode.

It'll be easy to beat arcade mode with Ryu & Ken. That's the 1st team I did it with lol. They got some simple, yet damaging combos, especially Ryu. Now I see why everyone uses him in that Cross Assault show.  o.O#

Love the dialogue and interaction between characters in arcade mode, especially when you meet your rival. When you pick a default team, you get to learn more about their story, which is by far the best Capcom's done for any of their fighting games imho...well, that and Rival School.

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #829 on: March 03, 2012, 07:28:40 PM »
Yeah, Raven's real good, especially if your spacing is good! I don't even use the Cross Shuriken cuz, well he doesn't need it. Still hitting the lab with him in training mode.

It'll be easy to beat arcade mode with Ryu & Ken. That's the 1st team I did it with lol. They got some simple, yet damaging combos, especially Ryu. Now I see why everyone uses him in that Cross Assault show.  o.O#

Love the dialogue and interaction between characters in arcade mode, especially when you meet your rival. When you pick a default team, you get to learn more about their story, which is by far the best Capcom's done for any of their fighting games imho...well, that and Rival School.

lol and i see just why they keep using Ryu. hes pretty nasty upclose on the combos and that 3 piece super dragon punch. Hes very effective. But its way more interesting with the Tekken characters because its a whole new experience with that kinda SF moveset. plus they can dodge through sh*t like normal as you would with an EX attack.

and true indeed what ya said on the arcade mode and the dialogue. its very entertaining!  :)

I just really dig how i can juggle a person and follow up with a super and dont miss as much. i experimented with Ryu and ken a bit and try to delay my combo to super juggle on purpose and the hit pause was still on point! Maybe thats why i did so well last super on the arcade stick which im not good on. haha this dude i was playing at the fight club was like "You played this before?? :(|)" i was like " :-?? nah man lol"

the chaining is very good^^

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Busy, as always
« Reply #830 on: March 03, 2012, 08:21:12 PM »
Yeah, playing with the tekken is much more interesting cuz it's a new experience using them in SF world. Speaking of Tekken...

Yoshimitsu: his transition from 3D to 2D is interesting to say the least. His gameplay's pretty unbalancing, because his mobility is bad, yet is extremely good if you use his teleport to replace his dashes. He doesn't have the best combo ability, yet his moves have very good priority and he can cripple the opposition pretty easily if you use his specials when your opponent can't escape. He's good if you attack relentlessly while using his teleport and jumps to get around the screen. His Windmill has super priority, but does small damage. Poison breath should be used when your opponent's rushing in,cuz it will put them in a crumpled state and allow for a free followup. Gehosen (aka dragon punch) is good as a juggle ender, plus has great range. Basically, if you're not comfortable with his moves, you will get blown up easily, especially by heavy rundown gameplay.

UPDATE: here's a quick note about launchers, they don't all work the same. It may have been mentioned by some pro players in vids, but apparently they don't all knock an opponent the same height. For example, if you do a Cross Rush from Raven's launcher to Yoshimitsu, you have time to do stand lp x2, stand mk->Gehosen. However, if you try the same juggle off of Chun Li's launcher, it won't work cuz the opponent falls down too quickly. Need to experiment with each chars' launcher more, but thought I'd mention this.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 10:29:05 PM by Sabaki »

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #831 on: March 03, 2012, 11:17:54 PM »

UPDATE: here's a quick note about launchers, they don't all work the same. It may have been mentioned by some pro players in vids, but apparently they don't all knock an opponent the same height. For example, if you do a Cross Rush from Raven's launcher to Yoshimitsu, you have time to do stand lp x2, stand mk->Gehosen. However, if you try the same juggle off of Chun Li's launcher, it won't work cuz the opponent falls down too quickly. Need to experiment with each chars' launcher more, but thought I'd mention this.

Yeh i noticed that myself also with the launchers. Yo sabaki have you tried to play it online versus people. i played some random folks. some really good. some so so and some pretty noob. I got one revenge. This dude i went against beat me in a severe close match. Then after two other random folks i came across him again and served em. i was hella happy when i won but that dude was hella nice with hwoarang. I was picking his @ss apart that second time we fought at random. I had to get real cerebral on that cat...rocked em with a super for a win...last time i tried to take em out with a pandora...man that sh*t is too freakin fast on the timer i still dont like it *Iceman ThumbsDown!* someone tried it on me and i just ran and ran and blocked and blocked till they died

but anyway the main thing i wanted to ask you is yo did you experience any sound issues??..its odd like the game had laggy glitches where the sound went out with the hits and voices. only online versus people that happened :-??.

That mission mode?? godamn the CPU is REALLY a freakin challenge. its pretty tough to take out the 4 kings. balrog, vega, sagat and M bison. i only got to sagat and died. lord have mercy man he wasnt spammy but he was hella freakin smart and aggressive...

HAIL CROM!!

Offline MG

• Initiate
« Reply #832 on: March 03, 2012, 11:23:53 PM »
There is a sound bug online but since the game isn't suppose to be out yet they will hopefully have a day 1 patch for it.

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #833 on: March 03, 2012, 11:39:14 PM »
There is a sound bug online but since the game isn't suppose to be out yet they will hopefully have a day 1 patch for it.

yeh Hopefully. we will see....

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Busy, as always
« Reply #834 on: March 04, 2012, 11:44:31 AM »
@demonkai: naw, I haven't played online yet. Just been practicing with each characters. Speaking of patch, I just logged into psn and got a notification about an update 1.01. I downloaded the update, but I don't know what fixes are being implemented. Guess I'll look it up.

Offline Silva-silva

• Shadaloo's Overlord
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 26, 2019, 11:39:32 PM
  • Sono kubi... ka kiru
    • Email
« Reply #835 on: March 04, 2012, 07:58:23 PM »
Elena gameplay:

Cody+guy gameplay:

They messed up elena's stance.... I don't even know how they messed it up but the did.

"Are you a man who likes to beat their wife? Then head on over to Topeka Kansas, because it's now legal there." - Fox news

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 08:19:24 PM by DeMoNk@I »

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 28, 2016, 11:01:46 PM
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #837 on: March 05, 2012, 12:14:22 AM »
Lei + Bryan idk if this or any of the other gameplay vids of the locked dlc characters will be up for long. youtube has taken elena and blanka's gameplay videos down.

Offline MG

• Initiate
« Reply #838 on: March 05, 2012, 12:57:27 AM »

Offline C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives!

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 13, 2023, 03:37:34 PM
  • Proud member of C.R.O.M. (Shadaloo Lives!)
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #839 on: March 05, 2012, 01:20:59 AM »

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #840 on: March 05, 2012, 01:30:24 AM »
forgot to ask but does this game let you play your own music  like ssf4 does?

Offline MG

• Initiate
« Reply #841 on: March 05, 2012, 01:37:58 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrciSGe5yfY&feature=plcp&context=C344510dUDOEgsToPDskKuYlf9nBuoCcxI2gmBfPcB#

also the roster vote for tekken x street fighter started.
http://www.facebook.com/tekken?sk=app_277842658952235

I voted Sean, Maki, Go, Cody, Juri, Miguel, Jun, Tiger, Julia and Asuka
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 01:54:51 AM by Moon Girard »

Offline ExeLord

• Smirking mage
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:May 07, 2024, 06:01:25 AM
« Reply #842 on: March 05, 2012, 05:18:42 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmPTKAr0S64&feature=player_embedded#
hope nobody posted this yet...(somebody always posts videos before me in this thread, lol)
What consumer society is?

"Where greyness prevails, the black always take the power." (c) "Its Hard to be God" - brothers Strugatskie.

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #843 on: March 05, 2012, 11:27:38 AM »
Do they EVER explain why Pacman is piloting a mech?

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:December 25, 2021, 12:18:48 AM
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #844 on: March 05, 2012, 12:08:53 PM »
I voted for Necro, Karin.

No one vote for Ryu, Ken, Chun-li Or Akuma. They were confirmed when this game was annouced to have "Street Fighter" in it's title.

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #845 on: March 05, 2012, 12:29:27 PM »
it would be dumb for people to vote for chunli and ryu since they already have concept art for them  o.O# voted karin, gen, necro, r.mika, fei long

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:December 25, 2021, 12:18:48 AM
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #846 on: March 05, 2012, 12:34:40 PM »
I know, but the polls seem to suggest there are a lot of idiots out there.

Also, YEAH NECRO VOTES.

Offline G.P.O.A - GatlingPunchRalf

• Idea and Advice
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:September 23, 2013, 07:31:01 AM
  • IMT's Unofficial Advisor and Brainstormer
« Reply #847 on: March 05, 2012, 12:55:28 PM »
I voted Dan, Retsu, Geki, Joe, and Q
Don't know what that says about me, but w/ever. Nice to see how many votes Alex has though.

Sprite Contest Organizer and Beloved Personality

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #848 on: March 05, 2012, 01:56:26 PM »

!

Offline C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives!

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 13, 2023, 03:37:34 PM
  • Proud member of C.R.O.M. (Shadaloo Lives!)
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #849 on: March 05, 2012, 02:45:48 PM »
I know, but the polls seem to suggest there are a lot of idiots out there.
lol

I voted Law, Lei, Christie, King, Yoshi, Bison-Vega, Ibuki, Geki, and Joe.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[Today at 12:50:05 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 02, 2024, 09:44:33 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

Get permabanned! VoteKick gets fighters banned in MUGEN! (April Fools 2024) by GTFoxN6Y
[April 01, 2024, 05:25:31 PM]

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal